• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Looking at the fact you're a Brawl Peach player, your custom title and the fact you're completely not biased in the slightest-

Never mind.

Yep, Peach is the best ever.
I'm both a Melee and Brawl Peach player. I did play Melee first you know. ;)

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^dude ganon is so bad. He should totally take you up on that...

...hmm.

To stay on topic, and try and be relevant, I think that a tier list based on theory would be

S:
Fox
Marth
Falco
A:
Sheik
Ice Climbers
Peach
Falcon
B:
Samus
Ganon
Link
Doc
Mario
C:
Young Link
Luigi
Pikachu
DK
Jigglypuff
D:
Ness
Roy
Zelda
Kirby
E:
Bowser
Yoshi
Pichu
Mewtwo

Whereas a more realistic Tier list would be:

S:
Fox
Falco
Sheik
Marth
A:
Jigglypuff
Peach
Falcon
IC
B:
Ganon
Doc
Samus
DK
Luigi
C:->E:
irrelevant

x After Dawn x

Smash Master

...hmm.

To stay on topic, and try and be relevant, I think that a tier list based on theory would be
well how do you define "theory?" IIRC fox, falco, and bowser are theoretically the 3 best characters "in theory"

also where is mario in your B tier list on the "realistic" list? and why is luigi lower than dk?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Um, the realistic one takes in my knowledge of tourney results, which is why mario comes up irrelevant (I had him as top of C in that list). That's also why DK is higher, because I haven't seen luigi's doing to well, and when it comes down to it, I don't see any matchups that luigi has easier than DK.

While luigi is amazing at not getting combed, and has decent ground game, he has to work harder than DK, and suffers from a very mediocre recovery, even with good DI (it's worse than mario's better than doc's, but not that good). I don't have much experience with seeing those two, so I may be a bit biased. (wait, I must never admit that--must just say I'm right and call you a n00b =P)

Also, I don't get why bowser would be a top 3 char theory wise. All he has going for him is upB OOS, which coupled with theoretical perfect fortresshogging is still not great. Even after getting hit by the up, many characters and get him back before the fortress finishes. chars like fox falco and shiek have frame advantages over his shield (especially assuming perfect play), and if he uses the fortress to go through attacks, he can just get grabbed or baited.

Though theorywise, I guess puff would be top 3, as she has a 1 frame ko move...oops.

Moooose

Smash Champion

...hmm.

S:
Fox
Marth
Falco
A:
Sheik
Ice Climbers
Peach
Falcon
B:
Samus
Ganon
Link
Doc
Mario
C:
Young Link
Luigi
Pikachu
DK
Jigglypuff
D:
Ness
Roy
Zelda
Kirby
E:
Bowser
Yoshi
Pichu
Mewtwo

Whereas a more realistic Tier list would be:

S:
Fox
Falco
Sheik
Marth
A:
Jigglypuff
Peach
Falcon
IC
B:
Ganon
Doc
Samus
DK
Luigi
C:->E:
irrelevant
i like how, in theory, jigglypuff isn't on the tier list.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
is he basing this entirely on upb out of shield?

like wtf. theoretically half the cast could outspace bowser 100% of the time.

not following

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^ I explained why--it's because in theory he could eat through any attacks with his upB Oos, which was 3 frames invincibility, starting on the frame you imput upB. I know this, but can't see why he'd be better in theory than shiek and marth, who have the ways to work around his reason for being theoretically great. I admit he should be higher than I put him, but I still can't see how that makes him top 3...;/ maybe I am missing something though.

EDIT: Moooose, learn2read---he's in C tier. Granted, if I weren't so dumb at times, she'd be top 5 (not sure if 3/4/5 though)

otg

Smash Master
^^ I explained why--it's because in theory he could eat through any attacks with his upB Oos, which was 3 frames invincibility, starting on the frame you imput upB. I know this, but can't see why he'd be better in theory than shiek and marth, who have the ways to work around his reason for being theoretically great. I admit he should be higher than I put him, but I still can't see how that makes him top 3...;/ maybe I am missing something though.
You are correct, Bowser is top 3 at frame perfect play because of his upB. At frame perfect play, it is assumed that one person will get a % lead, and then camp the ledge for the rest of the match because they will be untouchable. In that regard, Bowser is top tier because he can upB oos and move onto the ledge, then stall for the rest of the game.

It would go like Fox/Bowser > Falco > the rest of the cast. Fox is best because his jump is on frame 4 I believe, while falco's is on frame 6, so he has the biggest amount of lag of the three giants. From their the rest of the cast doesn't matter.

I might be wrong about some of this, buut for the most part I think this is correct. Hopefully magus can come in and elaborate further. Frame perfect play seems gay tho lol.

Magus420

Smash Master
In frame by frame play Bowser just has a broken *** infinite stall with his double jump that can be maintained while also leaving him the option of landing on the edge. The only characters that might be able to do something about it and prevent him from getting the ledge back again safely are Fox/Falco.

Frame by frame play doesn't really fall under theoretical top play as it's not even close to being physically possible to react in 1/60th of a second.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Silly Kyle. Johns are for pros.

Mario needs hype.
Yeah, seriously. Smash is the game where he's in the shadow of Luigi AND himself in his MD uniform (That plumber went to HARVARD?!). He's underrated in recent times to say the least.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Fox( the top is the most flexible in change could go anyway)
Falco
Sheik
Marth

High
Jigglypuff
Peach
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers

Middle
Ganondorf
Samus
Dr. Mario
Luigi
Mario
Donkey Kong

Low
Link
Pikachu
Young Link
Roy
Zelda
Game and Watch

Bottom
Yoshi
Bowser
Mewtwo
Pichu
Ness
Kirby

Not many huge changes disargeement and why. I said the top is flexible so yeah if you disargee there.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
we all know that fox is definitively the best. whatever stupid kyle is saying is just attempts at trolling.

hes not even saying anything different. He didnt even try to bs an argument he is probably just hitting control + V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom