• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yeah, that's why I gave him the advantage. Falco isn't dead for leaving the stage either, illusion's a relatively decent recovery and near always the primary recovery used by both spacies. Seeing as both illusion's have pretty negligible recovery differences, I say a longer Up B with start up hitbox doesn't give a huge advantage.
I totally spaced lol.

I think fox is better at edge guarding. dair is getting sdi and tech much more frequently. also down smash.

fox has shine, and because of recovery he can take more liberties on the edge.

situational but even having something like zelgadis special available adds to fox being unexpectedly aggressive offstage instead of from the ledge.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
both spacies recoverys are decent. M2K angles are helpful. the lack of startup hitboxes on falcos make it really really easy to go offstage and gimp him.

the only aspect of falcos recovery that is better than foxs' is the startup of side b. so he can edge tech>side b and grab the ledge mad quick.

also ftilt angled down ***** spacy recoveries because it prevents sweetspoting and teching. marths jab does that too.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Fox has better eg hands down. and his recovery is way better. imo fox is just a tad bit better bcuz of his gimps due to eg skill and his better recovery lol.

altho i think falco beats fox in that single mu. the lasers are to good and you dont even have to try and pillar fox it just happens.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
id say fox is better than falco but falco has a very slight advantage in the fox falco matchup. fox is just a little more manuverable than falco and i guess than makes him a little better

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Look guys we have to accept that most of the low tier players are just bad and that's why those characters don't do well. I mean, like, if Pikachu can **** people, and if Mewtwo can **** people, and Zelda can **** people, and those characters are bad, I'm sure that there are more that can also do stuff.

I'm sure a bunch of them still have various superpowers that can be unlocked and unleashed upon the world.

It's pretty much true for a lot of the higher tier characters, too. Aside from M2K and Amsah, Sheiks don't place well much at all. And Sheik's a phenomenal character. The trouble is her players suck lol. Same with Fox. Why isn't he winning everything? Because most of the good people play other characters and it's hard for Jman to do everything. Don't know how or why it worked out that way, but it just did.

We have a limited amount of actually talented people who know their character with lots of experience playing this game. That's really all there is to it.

Zoler

Smash Ace
I think so too, and it's pretty obvious Zelda is gonna be above Mewtwo! Hey, she ***** Mewtwo and is better against pretty much EVERY other character. No one can come up with any arguments against this.

I don't get why it's taking so long for them.

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
Yea i dont understand why its taking so long either. Mewtwo is probably worse than zelda xD I dont know much about both of them though

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
So far it looks like Zelda might be above Mewtwo in the final tier list, but the Mewtwo side is coming out in full force now. It's tough.

We might have to postpone the list another 3 months. We need to be absolutely sure we put those two characters in the right spots and it's a complicated procedure. And if there's any mistakes in it, both sides will be furious.

Otherwise the tier list is like 80% done.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
So far it looks like Zelda might be above Mewtwo in the final tier list, but the Mewtwo side is coming out in full force now. It's tough.

We might have to postpone the list another 3 months. We need to be absolutely sure we put those two characters in the right spots and it's a complicated procedure. And if there's any mistakes in it, both sides will be furious.

Otherwise the tier list is like 80% done.
Everyone should note that the zelda mewtwo matchup is indeed 20% of the tier list.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'd say it's more like 13%. We still have those arrangement issues and gaps.

Maybe we should reorganize how we do the tier list again? It might take a while, but it doesn't seem like anyone here really cares about how long it takes to get the list out.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I somewhat want pichu to be bottom of the bottom still so I can debate the living h*** out of it and so I can keep trying to ruin the kirby boards. Besides we can all laugh at me when the day is done. no one hardcore camps really in melee so zedla is better.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I somewhat want pichu to be bottom of the bottom still so I can debate the living h*** out of it and so I can keep trying to ruin the kirby boards. Besides we can all laugh at me when the day is done. no one hardcore camps really in melee so zedla is better.
You need to revise your definition of camping. Camping for me is waiting for the opponent to be open to an attack. I mean if you force your opponent to approach because

A: You pressure him with ranged attacks.
B: You get to an umcomfortable spacing and then bait him.

I'm not sure you can just win by doing ranged attacks since you gotta have to mix it up at some point and be less predictable. I think top players all camp and waits for the right moment to attack, that's the right kind of camping in order to win.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I said hardcore camp. I camp a lot so do most players at some point but by hardcore you go to the true meaning of camping= to avoid any and all risks that could happen any form of approach has a risk of SOMETHING from marth's fair to falco's lasers. hardcore is like all out camping no risks whatso ever.

also H-box really doesn't camp nearly as much as people think watch him steal space that's basically appraoch.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I said hardcore camp. I camp a lot so do most players at some point but by hardcore you go to the true meaning of camping= to avoid any and all risks that could happen any form of approach has a risk of SOMETHING from marth's fair to falco's lasers. hardcore is like all out camping no risks whatso ever.

also H-box really doesn't camp nearly as much as people think watch him steal space that's basically appraoch.
That's impossible to do since you have to approach in a good way one way or other.. you cant just shoot lasers with Fox and win. You have to be smart with your approaches and keep the opponent guessing all attacks you are going to throw at him. Like dashdancing and then if the opponent throws a move on empty space that's when you can approach... isn't that the true way of camping? I think so.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
again kage you fail to understand what I mean NEVER a single risk i'm talking timing out s*** how I play as pichu on KJ64 vs people to slow to do s***. I mean like picking fox and inf. run away on some stages it's an autowin if you don't do dumb things.

people rarly abuse their speed so much that never take a risk. vs zedla you could do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom