• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I think some accounts got permanantly deleted along with all their posts or sumthing like that.

And yeah, i agree with Rich Wheeler, it has been obvious that there has been metagame changes since the last tier list, and there is potential to expand. I would be quite dissapointed knowing that this is the final tier list

QERB

Banned via Warnings
why would there be a 'final' tier list if the metagame is still changing? especially with mango now ****** *** with puff and ppl like hungrybox also winning with puff. i feel like it still should be subject to change.

Tero.

Smash Champion
So flaco, puff, and falcon should move up.
No.
How should Falco move up? He's clearly worse than all of Fox/Sheik/Marth.
And both Falcon and Puff are on the right position.

Even though all of them (aside from Falco) might have improved they still aren't better than any of the characters above them.

chize

Smash Apprentice
No.
How should Falco move up? He's clearly worse than all of Fox/Sheik/Marth.
And both Falcon and Puff are on the right position.

Even though all of them (aside from Falco) might have improved they still aren't better than any of the characters above them.
i think he was just saying that because mango has been ****** everybody with them

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
This list seems somewhat flawed to me now. for the most part it's accurate though but I think some characters should be moved from high to top and from middle to high. I do agree with what's been said alot already. There shouldn't be a final tier list because alot of the middle-bottom Characters are still developing mainly because they are not played as much do to there rank. However looking at what Taj has done with Mewtwo I'm willing to bet all other characters(Except maybe 2) Can still be improved if they are explored more by other people.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I think that Pichu really has some potential.
Most people talk about him hurting himself, but it's not with every attack.
There are actually really good attacks that don't harm him, and they can combo.

Pichu is the most hated character because almost nobody wants to try to use him.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Compared with Pikachu, Pichu is a tad more nimble and a little more difficult to hit. Those are the only two advantages, however, and since Pichu damages itself when it uses electrical attacks, it's best suited for handicapped matches.

Pichu is the lightest character in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and it's top of the class in weakness, too! For Pichu, it's all about scampering here and there to pick up items that will help it survive.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
His only good move is nair. The rest of them have low priority and low range. and if his projectiles hurt him, it leaves him with little to work with. He is easily out classed by Top, High, and most of mid tier.

PCHU

Smash Lord
His only good move is nair. The rest of them have low priority and low range. and if his projectiles hurt him, it leaves him with little to work with. He is easily out classed by Top, High, and most of mid tier.
One percent damage for his projectile, right?
And uthrow can chaingrab.
Not to mention you could follow up uthrow with a usmash.
And, if you're quick enough, wouldn't you be able to follow that up with SHFFL'd nairs?
Only thing really holding him back is grab range, but what about jc grab?

Uair is also an okay move, but then again, I'm not sure what to say of it.
It's simply alright.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
jc grab has terrible range. There really isnt anything pichu can do that pikachu cant do...better.

uair has no hitstun.

Aesir

Smash Master
One percent damage for his projectile, right?
And uthrow can chaingrab.
Not to mention you could follow up uthrow with a usmash.
And, if you're quick enough, wouldn't you be able to follow that up with SHFFL'd nairs?
Only thing really holding him back is grab range, but what about jc grab?

Uair is also an okay move, but then again, I'm not sure what to say of it.
It's simply alright.

Pi

Smash Hero
Aww skip it, it's near useless defending this guy.
All the points you make, every other character pretty much has better options than pichu
that's why pichu is ranked so low

Do you think pichu is better than kirby? than mewtwo? than bowser?
for pichu not to be ranked last he has to be better than someone

Also, if i'm not mistaken, this is just tournament results.

Sukai

Smash Champion
At least kirby can get the occasional cheap kill, pichu has nothing going for him
Up throw chaingrab (like 20% to death) on spacies.
Down throw to down smash off ledge with neutral air edge guard.

Just saying, it's not like he has nothing.

pockyD

Smash Legend
cool, so he has a decent 'combo' on two characters on one stage

Compared with Pikachu, Pichu is a tad more nimble and a little more difficult to hit. Those are the only two advantages, however, and since Pichu damages itself when it uses electrical attacks, it's best suited for handicapped matches.

Pichu is the lightest character in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and it's top of the class in weakness, too! For Pichu, it's all about scampering here and there to pick up items that will help it survive.
these analyses are from the game itself (trophies)

pichu was clearly never meant to be a decent character, and it shows

Sukai

Smash Champion
cool, so he has a decent 'combo' on two characters on one stage
Well, two of the best characters, plus it's not all that situational.
And the second is almost universal, works on more than spacies. I was just listing examples to show that he does in fact have moves to show--moves that don't hurt him at that.
I can list a whole bunch of neat combos and stuff about Pichu. Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying or arguing his placement (which I concur is well deserved), But he doesn't have absolutely nothing going for him.

pockyD

Smash Legend
anyone who says he has 'absolutely nothing' going for him is clearly exaggerating, but he has less going for him than any character in the game except possibly kirby

MaNg0

Smash Hero
pichu **** *****

nair nair nair nair up smash

kirby is a peice of ****...

no **** air movemnt

cant DO JACK ****

CEPT SUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom