• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Inaphyt--have they not heard of powershielding or playing on stages other than FD across the ocean? Sorry for saying it rudely, but you seem to assume the bowser can't do anything once you start shooting lasers...
I don't even use lasers until i've got the first hit in close combat, my friends whine if i spam them and level 9's reflect them every time so i've learnt to just shoot if they are airbourne or i combo them too far away and finish it off with a quick flurry. Or if i'm just out of tipper range and pester martha.

Also don't insult my country, i'm a newb some of these players are legit.

I challenge you to find me a bowser... doing well against a pro respected falco.

Then we'll call it a day.

Tamoo

Smash Master
X1-12: Your sig links to a totally irrelevant post lol!

Manalord: I gotta agree, I much prefer grouping characters as sometimes, the difference is almost negligible so grouping makes sense imo. Your SSS however doesn't ;)

X1-12

Smash Champion
not sure how that happened :p but removed it now

and erm jiggs isnt the best character in the game idc what M2K says

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
yeah because all the jiggs main dominating tournaments for the past year or so (or since pound 3) doesn't qualifiy jiggs for the best or anything

it didnt with sheik in ****ing 02-03

it didnt with marth when m2k happened...

oh wait ya it did lol

they were generally considered the best in their respective times

and now it's time of the gay, as it has been for some time

denial can't be denied. jiggs has always won the biggest tournament since p3. jiggs or the man who made her (mango sometimes but if his other chars win than his jiggs couldve)

m2k is right
armada has the same sentiments about puff as m2k

so does amsah i believe

if those three can come to a consensus on the same thing then by god i'll consider it.

X1-12

Smash Champion
firstly the stupid amounts of sarcasm in your post just make it seem like total BS but nonetheless

jiggs isnt the best character, yeah he's gay but so what? i mean other characters can out-gay him if they want but they aren't used to playing that way

anyways from the 2009 a year in review thread the only non-mango jiggs that won one of the top 25 tourneys was hbox who won 2 (I'm excluding mango cause i dunno if he played falco or puff but i would assume falco for most of them)

and i'm gonna be honest, armada got beaten at genesis by a puff, sorry man but its not surprising he's saying that he's the best character in the game.
anyways can you not even formulate your own opinion rather than just agree with what M2K and armada say?

oh and i would like to point out cause mango plays puff and mango is very good and wins lots does not mean puff is the best character, mango wins most of his matches as falco, he's just very good at this game

denial can't be denied.
also what the hell this doesnt make any sense

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i dont even know man im high as ****.

and frankly a lot of **** m2k says nowadays is ********. it's the consensus of three of the top players in the world that jiggs is broken. the fact other people aren't agreeing with them is really contradictory to how communities usually think.

the tournaments with the most renown have been won by jiggs. top placers include multiple jiggs.

he's gay he's super gay. absolutely breaks the format of gameplay. cant be combod. infinite arial mobility. OHKO that can be combo'd into, used to punish lag, punish teching, rolling, not teching, jab resets, out of grabs, comes out in 1 frame.

jiggs doesnt follow a lot of traditional gameplay mechanics (the biggest is not being subject to combos via hitstun) cant be edgeguarded, infinite recovery

just really ga-y-mebreaking

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i dont even know man im high as ****.

and frankly a lot of **** m2k says nowadays is ********. it's the consensus of three of the top players in the world that jiggs is broken. the fact other people aren't agreeing with them is really contradictory to how communities usually think.

the tournaments with the most renown have been won by jiggs. top placers include multiple jiggs.

he's gay he's super gay. absolutely breaks the format of gameplay. cant be combod. infinite arial mobility. OHKO that can be combo'd into, used to punish lag, punish teching, rolling, not teching, jab resets, out of grabs, comes out in 1 frame.

jiggs doesnt follow a lot of traditional gameplay mechanics (the biggest is not being subject to combos via hitstun) cant be edgeguarded, infinite recovery

just really ga-y-mebreaking
Downthrow upsmash, game! =)

Linguini

Smash Master
rofl kage that **** doesnt work against jiggs unless the player puts down his controller and doesnt DI at all, all you gotta do is di forward or back a little to avoid it lol

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
firstly the stupid amounts of sarcasm in your post just make it seem like total BS but nonetheless
Because it seems like such a joke when people say jiggs isn't top tier. Really, are you joking?
jiggs isnt the best character, yeah he's gay but so what? i mean other characters can out-gay him if they want but they aren't used to playing that way
Really? Like who? What "gay" tactics work against jiggs? Understand that "gay" is a relative term to the person so. Gay to me only = jiggs. Laser camping and any other strategies are not gay, but legit and vinceable
anyways from the 2009 a year in review thread the only non-mango jiggs that won one of the top 25 tourneys was hbox who won 2 (I'm excluding mango cause i dunno if he played falco or puff but i would assume falco for most of them)
So. Out of those top 25 tournaments you also have to take out every tournament that has mango since mango wins regardless of character. How could another jiggs win if mango is?
and i'm gonna be honest, armada got beaten at genesis by a puff, sorry man but its not surprising he's saying that he's the best character in the game.
anyways can you not even formulate your own opinion rather than just agree with what M2K and armada say?
lol because you form your opinions from beating people? If the "pro's" were beating the puffs then they wouldn't be arguing for her to be top tier. Agreeing with the top "pros" of the time is not a bad idea seeing as they may be the only ones that are at the top of the metagame and know what works and what characters are capable of.

the small amount of validity your argument had is now null
because being high automatically negates all arguments right?

I'm gonna light up right now so you can ignore this post and continue posting with no actual information whatsoever.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
No matter what jigglypuff above peach and falcon beyond that it's harder to argee. But yeah puff up at min 2 spots max 4(IF you ask me). Really no one disargees with puff up 2 spots.

Stevo

Smash Champion
yea I think everyone knows jiggs is top tier by now and we'll see how sheiks do in pound 4, but its been a while since sheik has done much that is top tier worthy.

Though I doubt she deserves any lower than top tier.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Armada, apparently.

Who is considered a "pro?" That is important when determining who posts and who doesn't. Hbox posts, but haven't seen his opinion of the matchup.

Not really sure how relevant debating it is.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Ken had some trouble with King back in the day, m2k hates jiggs, Mango plays jiggs, hungrybox does well with jiggs only.

Jiggs makes you have to re-think your game.

and Ganon should be higher. Most will think "oh just cause Kage beat mango now ganon should be higher?" Well many from Canada have been saying Ganon is better than he is placed on the current Tier list. (above Doc and MAYBE Samus too)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
GameFAQs had lots of swedish conversation including Armadas thoughts on puff being the best. Amsah has been posting a lot lately as well on smashboards about puff being top tier.

m2k does all the time.

and those are the highest of the high level pros. There are plenty of people under their level who have the same feelings.

And I want to shout out to Tr3MoR for taking care of that guys post for me. I ignored him once I saw his first comment. Thanks man.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I can't sense the tone of that on boards.

But I have nothing better to do than sit on smashboards and respond to the daily troll posts.

I would have not responded, but he insulted my oregano. That is absurd.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I'm giving you props! It is hard to convey genuine feelings through text.

I really didn't want to deal with him. Weed's one of the only things that makes me happy.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Ha alright. Really - sarcastic posts on the boards cause me to never know when people are serious.

Your not going to pound 4? I was ready for the greenMM.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I can't sense the tone of that on boards.

But I have nothing better to do than sit on smashboards and respond to the daily troll posts.

I would have not responded, but he insulted my oregano. That is absurd.
lul......

marth can easily out gay puff, just stand there and jab/utilt she cant get near and other characters have projectiles to camp with, fox can outspeed her, falco can gimp constantly with lasers and sheik with needles, falcon has some some 0-death combos on her i mean seriously she's better than 7th yeah but not the best character in the game or anything

oh and tr3mor, i discounted the mango ones becuase i couldn't say which character he played did you not read my post?

and i form my opinions based on all sorts of things not just , to steal someone 's phrase, riding M2K

and the guys posted his opinion on something, i disagreed then went on to start another post with "I Dunno" and then saying he was high, are you saying this post made you think his opinion was useful or worth contemplating?

and how can you talk about me posting with no actual information when you just instantly made the assumption that i think being high negates everything?

and if you're gonna say you have nothing better to do than reply to 'troll' posts then you might aswell have a decent argument i mean really

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I wouldnt argue that Hbox is a better player than m2k.

M2k is undisputedly the best marth, I would say in smash history:of course HE would agree

Why does he lose to hungry box as well?

Marth is suppose to **** jiggz, SO better character and better player=a loss,

I guess the only thing to consider is exactly how bad is m2k at the jiggs matchup then. If its not bad enough to counter the pros then jiggz is just a better character. If it is, we are just mistaken.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jiggz is even broken with screw attack. Jump jump rest LMAO.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Consensus:

Jiggs is top tier.

What else is there to discuss in the chart even?

Everyone above peach and falcon are viable. Everyone below you must be a warrior

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I do kinda like the idea of groups tho.

I think alot of characters end up close enough to where you can argue this way that way upside down and not really get anywhere.

Whats really important is that some kind of consensus is made and somebody new to the game could look at the list and be able to choose a character they like while knowing about how much tournament viability they have.

I think that each group should have saps or kings-basically rate the two best, or best worse, or two worse, etc, characters in the group with a decimal so a numerical range is also established. I think everyone would be happy in this case.

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
Disclaimer: I haven't read the entire thread; that would be completely ridiculous, so don't complain if I'm posting what someone else has probably already said.

What is this, "final," Melee tier list nonsense? There's no way that we can possibly conclude that this is the pinnacle of Melee's gameplay. Almost every day that passes, players have the ability to make, "theoretical," play a little more realistic each day, and over large periods of time, trends emerge, go, and re-emerge, which cause other metagame shifts. To use an example, if you think about Smash as a whole, the emergence of Jiggs as a real competitive powerhouse has been relatively recent.

Also, on that subject, I don't think Jiggs is broken; I think she's been underrepresented for so long that people just didn't give her the due credit that she deserved. She has a completely different play style than other characters have and almost a completely individual set of laws you have to play by to counter her, which quite frankly, people just aren't familiar with. I think that the more time that passes, the more familiar people will become and more efficient strategies will develop to counter her. Conveniently enough, this just kind of goes hand in hand with my main point.

Top tier for sure though.

EDIT: (at the time being ;o;o;o)

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
There's a new tier list coming? That would be good.
I can't wait to see how much Samus goes down! xD

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
up +B on the ground only has one hit and at around 70% it combos into a fair which will probably kill a falco and anyways any sensible bowser will ban FD probably

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rELZ4_zqFok&feature=related
I would take bowser to rainbow cruise or pokemon stadium.

Jiggs is a serious pain should be banned or something so the combo's can fly.

Also i hate fighting luigi, he should be higher on the list basically you can't combo him and you will eat a powerful aerial i hate this matchup with all of my mains and counterpick with marth, does anyone else have dodgy counterpicks?

I wont use falco against, jiggs, luigi and peach. Where i switch to gaw or marth.

Also anyone else seeing how quick that bowser was moving : O, very skillful tbh and upb does indeed ****. The falco was good too. Never actually seen anything like it haha (the bowser) the falco is better than me by a margin or 2.

X1-12

Smash Champion
nah juggs shouldn't be banned i would say she should move above peach and falcon maybe about sheik but not sure

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Also i hate fighting luigi, he should be higher on the list basically you can't combo him and you will eat a powerful aerial i hate this matchup with all of my mains and counterpick with marth, does anyone else have dodgy counterpicks?
To bad your personal experience doesn't mean ****. :laugh:

I hate fighting Link, but he's still a ****ty *** character.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
sheik is amazing, what the **** are you guys talking about lol

fox, falco, sheik, and marth are all top tiers. the most debated one is jigglypuff, mostly because there really hasn't been anybody who's literally stepped in and gone out of their way to say it, except m2k. a lot of people think she should just be at the top of high tier, which also makes sense considering they don't believe jiggs is necessarily as good as the top tiers for certain reasons. example, jigglypuff has some random hard low / middle tier matchups that aren't really in her favor like top tier matchups are, like against pikachu, young link, doc, etc.

Tamoo

Smash Master
pikachu is an easy matchup >.>

I think jiggs should make the jump up to top tier, but still under the big four,

And I really couldn't easily order the top four except i imagine fox and falco for top two and shiek and marth for 3 and 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom