• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
12 Minutes???
Won't that just cause tournaments to go on longer and affect them in some other way in the long run??
Why not put it to 2 stocks instead??

Edit: Oh well.
A ruleset change compromise sounds like something more feasible to the community than a character ban.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Lol, once mks are willing to get gay enough, you'll see even more mk dominance, right now some mks still have honor...

and 2 stocks is a bad idea because once mk zero to death's you, you'll be looking sick with that one stock

OverLade

Smash Hero
12 Minutes???
Won't that just cause tournaments to go on longer and affect them in some other way in the long run??
Why not put it to 2 stocks instead??

Edit: Oh well.
A ruleset change compromise sounds like something more feasible to the community than a character ban.
What makes you think matches will run longer just because the timer is longer? If we put on a 20 minute timer, do you think it would really change how much longer people try to stall? What if we put on a 99 minute timer? The only purpose would be so that Wario players know when to fart.

That in conjunction with 30-40 ledgegrabs means people can't just **** around the whole time and have to fight each other.

volume

Smash Apprentice
possibly in another dimension named winnipeg
Lol, once mks are willing to get gay enough, you'll see even more mk dominance, right now some mks still have honor...
lol@mk players having honour i am ignorant and dont play mk out of honour if i had no honour i would be playing as mk and be anti ban so that i wouldnt have to waste my life learning a new character.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Yea, MK is too good.
Meat Knight da' Bess!

On topic: I have a suggestion(Remember this is just a suggestion): Why not set a Edge Grab Limit for MK lower than the rest of the cast?
ledgegrabbing is only a part of the problem not the entire solution to the problem

lol@mk players having honour i am ignorant and dont play mk out of honour if i had no honour i would be playing as mk and be anti ban so that i wouldnt have to waste my life learning a new character.
but you see every mk that gets the lead doesn't try to time out, (shadow on delphino was up on me over 100% IIRC, but he decided to continue fighting instead of running away which is very easy on that lvl) if it had been lee martin (which he did at winterfest) i would've gotten timed out...in that respect mks still don't maximize their characters potential...

m2k maximized it versus Gnes at winterfest because he didn't want to lose and eventually more mks will come to the realization that their character has infinite strategies to win.

OverLade

Smash Hero
ledgegrabbing is only a part of the problem not the entire solution to the problem

but you see every mk that gets the lead doesn't try to time out, (shadow on delphino was up on me over 100% IIRC, but he decided to continue fighting instead of running away which is very easy on that lvl) if it had been lee martin (which he did at winterfest) i would've gotten timed out...in that respect mks still don't maximize their characters potential...

m2k maximized it versus Gnes at winterfest because he didn't want to lose and eventually more mks will come to the realization that their character has infinite strategies to win.
That's why I encourage this like a 98 minute timer etc. It completely eliminates MKs ability to create pressure via timer (though it does also change the metagame of many other characters, allowing some characters to camp indefinitely).

Either way the current rules give MK too much of an advantage.

Either that, or just ban Cruise, Delphino, and Brinstar.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
New rule: No timer. If two people clearly have no intention to approach each other. They both lose.

There fixed.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
how could wario not win with that timer doesn't he that like 49 full farts with that or something

I think at least ONCE during a match tat long your receiving a nuke fart

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Actually i never quoted u so who said i was even referring to you im just really tired of the "Why isn't this thread locked!? or the i can't believe people are still talking about this......(on a forum meant for discussion)"

@ ADHD there are alot of character who their cping ability is one of their greatest strengths. DK is a character that comes to mind as DK wrecks a ton of people on janky stages and he has very few bad stages. Also yoshi is particularly great on both brinstar and RC as well as delfino. There are plenty of characters that are good on brinstar (my sheik included although she aint great) and for instance luigi is amazing on brinstar. I hate losing tons of their strongest CP's to 1 character who doesn't even need the cps to win.
These stupid stages aren't banned because other characters are good on them?
How about Jungle Japes?
I'm sure Snake can camp well there vs a lot of the cast and MK has a field day on all of the ledges and the close horizontal blast zones.

Ok...my region banned Jungle Japes because Falco is too good on it.

So............
Explain.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Them emotional outbursts are the reasons why Mew2King comes in here saying
"you guys only want meta knight banned so you can have an easier time winning".
metaknight is getting m2k through college, thats the only reason he's anti ban

bleyva

Smash Ace
just think of all the college money thats in it for snake mains, marth mains and DDD mains once MK is banned! this is officially a fight for Smash financial aid. this is war gentlemen.

but seriously, why not do MK-banned side events at tournies with a cash prize? wouldnt this provide the data pro-banners are looking for?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
just think of all the college money thats in it for snake mains, marth mains and DDD mains once MK is banned! this is officially a fight for Smash financial aid. this is war gentlemen.

but seriously, why not do MK-banned side events at tournies with a cash prize? wouldnt this provide the data pro-banners are looking for?
Nah, we want a dedicated metagame with no metaknight. That's the only way we can really collect accurate data. Side events won't be taken as seriously, MK mains won't practice their other characters, etc.

*double post, my bad

bleyva

Smash Ace
Nah, we want a dedicated metagame with no metaknight
but dude, what if this never materializes? with all this talk of it being hopeless as long as MLG is going on, what good is it to wait while people argue?

i see no harm in testing it as a side-event a la low-tier tournies, at the very least. besides, as long as theirs even a little money involved, why wouldnt you try it?

volume

Smash Apprentice
possibly in another dimension named winnipeg
can some one lock this its kinda annoying now lol we should be making a lil more vote's instead of fighting on character discussion and people should be back on topic or just gtfo i was previously arguing as a pro ban and now i feel partially ******** because this isnt a meta knight legality thread . so yea some one lock this so we can have discussions on characters that matter and dont have people trolling and saying ban him! and others saying dont ban him!

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Nah, we want a dedicated metagame with no metaknight. That's the only way we can really collect accurate data. Side events won't be taken as seriously, MK mains won't practice their other characters, etc.
We could make those side events mean something.

Like, for instance, you HAVE to compete, or else you don't win money from the MK-legal tourney.

Maybe your entry fee, say it's $5.00, gets split in half and half of it goes towards an MK legal pot, and the other half goes towards an MK banned pot. And you don't get money from placing top 3 in either one unless you compete in both.

That way you don't have to seperately pay for a different entry it's all covered from one entry fee that you have to pay for if you want to enter the normal tournament, and there's equal money on the line for the MK banned tourneys and the MK legal tourneys, and you have to play in both if you want money.

Meh there's probably problems in there somewhere, it's just a random idea I came up with just now :p

EDIT: @Darklink: Wasn't Tyrant sandbagging hard that set you beat him, and then beat you bad later in loser's bracket? Idk that's just what I heard. Not to say you're a bad player or anything, just saying that mentioning that you beat Tyrant probably doesn't mean much since from what I hear he was sandbagging and beat you later that day :p

salaboB

Smash Champion
We could make those side events mean something.

Like, for instance, you HAVE to compete, or else you don't win money from the MK-legal tourney.

Maybe your entry fee, say it's $5.00, gets split in half and half of it goes towards an MK legal pot, and the other half goes towards an MK banned pot. And you don't get money from placing top 3 in either one unless you compete in both.

That way you don't have to seperately pay for a different entry, and there's equal money on the line for the MK banned tourneys and the MK legal tourneys, and you have to play in both if you want money.

Meh there's probably problems in there somewhere, it's just a random idea I came up with just now :p
The problem is fairly obvious -- sandbagging.

If they don't think they have a good chance at winning the MK banned side event or just don't care about it, all they have to do is not try.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
The problem is fairly obvious -- sandbagging.

If they don't think they have a good chance at winning the MK banned side event or just don't care about it, all they have to do is not try.
Why would they WANT to sandbag, though? They've already paid for their MK banned entry fee, and there's more money on the line for playing in it. Plus the fact that top MK players doing awfully in the MK banned tourneys just looks bad for anti-ban, thus doing so gives a higher chance for their character to be banned.

I don't see any reason for MK mains to sandbag and lose on purpose, when the entry fee is already paid for, there's extra money that they have a chance to get, and doing really badly reflects poorly on their main.
its not like he was trying to lose.

Also, if you beat him, wouldn't you feel ecstatic? and probably be annoyed by people like you saying that
I added another edit; because after reading it I realized I kinda sounded like an *******, which wasn't my intention lol.

I'm not saying that you're bad or anything, you're a better player than I am, I'm just saying that mentioning that you beat Tyrant probably doesn't mean a whole lot if he was sandbagging (which is what I heard, I didn't actually see the matches) and beat you later that day.

CO18

Smash Hero
why would tyrant sandbag its tourney. Unless he didnt use mk I doubt he was sandbagging, and even then hed be trying to win

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Ehh maybe what I'd heard from other people was wrong (I wasn't there that day, like I said), and I apologize if it was. I had only heard people saying that Tyrant lost to him, then ***** him later in loser's bracket, and that he was sandbagging in the first set.

And if that's true, then mentioning that he beat Tyrant in tournament doesn't really seem like it means much.

I have to go, so I won't be able to respond to anything until later tonight.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Posting the experimental ruleset I mentioned earlier sometime in the next couple hours.

(Cookie for anyone who comes up with a better logo than did)

-Ran

Smash Master
LOL Yeah, M2k's 200 first place prize (that's being pretty generous) winnings are paying his tuition, which is thousands of dollars total. Right.
Lmao. You have NO clue how much money people make at big tournaments of the likes that M2K goes to every month.

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
hey! i've beaten tyrant and dsf in mk dittos before (tourney) i'm as awesome as darklink!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom