• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't advocate whether or not MK should be banned, I simply predict that pro ban doesn't have the resolve to win this when very few of them are willing to actually do anything. I'd be just as happy if MK were banned I just can not see it happening in a way that doesn't completely **** things up worse than before

granted pro banners that don't actually attempt to get MK banned in their area now have an excuse with MLG, it's legit that you don't want to go against MLG. no excuse for all the time before that though

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bro, Dphat Zac and Nike all don't remember that. Cmon now, I'll give you plenty of credit for beating me bad in Diddy dittos, but you know darn well that 16 minute timer match on FD you were not in control the majority of the match.

Charge that Upb and aim it at me man. Cmon you can maybe hit me lol

NNID
Budget_Player
Im sorry....but this post....has just made my day.
Of course, assuming this is a joke post.

:067:
Are people really proposing we invent and alter MORE rules in order to limit MK instead of just getting rid of him? Wow.

So then Snake is MK's only "counter" (aka, slightly in MK's favor still). So our only option is to use Snake to stop it. Ok, so let's forget the rest of the cast let's make the Brawl metagame a MK and the occasional Snake.

Does anyone else see how flawed some of these arguments are? I'm not saying I have the best logic but to say "MK has 1 frame of vulnerability on this and 6 frames on this version of it, so you can stop it" is absurd. And what's to stop the MK from continuing to do that even though you know where those frames are? It'll still be much easier for the non-planker to mess up and allow the MK to keep timing him out.
Don't get me wrong-I'm pro-ban all the way.

not really, all you have to do is ACTUALLY ENFORCE the current TO discretion ban on stalling
I think this is what people are missing when I say "we don't need a rule against Planking"... The fact that it is "technically" frame beatable means that it is not really stalling. Planking is not technically covered by our stalling rules. Forget stooging.

pro ban has proven to be too spineless for that. 2 years later and there's still almost no one hosting MK banned tournaments even though half the community says he should be banned. if xyro is the only one of you willing to fight for what he believe in whole heartedly I doubt there will be riots ;\
I think we explained why; if we host MK-banned tournaments and other people host MK-allowed tournaments, we lose money. We either need a very wide community backing or it just won't work.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't advocate whether or not MK should be banned, I simply predict that pro ban doesn't have the resolve to win this when very few of them are willing to actually do anything. I'd be just as happy if MK were banned I just can not see it happening in a way that doesn't completely **** things up worse than before

granted pro banners that don't actually attempt to get MK banned in their area now have an excuse with MLG, it's legit that you don't want to go against MLG. no excuse for all the time before that though
Don't tell me you actually believe that people are willing to go to MK-banned tourneys without the backup of an official BBR statement? That's like saying people would want to attend camping-banned tourneys without the backup of an official BBR statement! There would be a very large change in the metagame for both examples, what makes you think people will want to waste their time "falling behind", when they could just go to the next tourney where the metagame is universally accepted and BBR-approved?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
No region should ever hold mk banned tournaments. It just makes it harder on them in the long run. They lose practice against mk. Thats why mk banned tournies were never an option in PR no matter how many ppl hated metastallerknight.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Don't tell me you actually believe that people are willing to go to MK-banned tourneys without the backup of an official BBR statement? That's like saying people would want to attend camping-banned tourneys without the backup of an official BBR statement! There would be a very large change in the metagame for both examples, what makes you think people will want to waste their time "falling behind", when they could just go to the next tourney where the metagame is universally accepted and BBR-approved?
according to xyro his attendance went UP, if people wanted MK banned that badly it would show

pre-MLG, all that is irrelevant now

NNID
Budget_Player
No region should ever hold mk banned tournaments. It just makes it harder on them in the long run. They lose practice against mk. Thats why mk banned tournies were never an option in PR no matter how many ppl hated metastallerknight.
Indeed. MK banned regions lose practice for when they go outside the region, they lose money if adjacent regions hold MK-allowed tournaments, and they lose face because their smash scene is poorer and less good against MK.

solecalibur

Smash Master
ahaha etecoon still spewing crap? No matter what you say he is just going to bend his words to pretend he is right and trip on what he said a couple of posts ago, we've already discussed why we dont host MK banned tounrys unless the community as a whole bans him as we would rather not have a split community

ADHD

Smash Hero
Bro, Dphat Zac and Nike all don't remember that. Cmon now, I'll give you plenty of credit for beating me bad in Diddy dittos, but you know darn well that 16 minute timer match on FD you were not in control the majority of the match.

Charge that Upb and aim it at me man. Cmon you can maybe hit me lol
I definitely SD'd!!

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
pro ban has proven to be too spineless for that. 2 years later and there's still almost no one hosting MK banned tournaments even though half the community says he should be banned. if xyro is the only one of you willing to fight for what he believe in whole heartedly I doubt there will be riots ;\
Again everyone, NM did this until....

This. We were getting wrecked by Mks because we never practiced against them. I'm sure Xyro still has our MK banned results archived lol

Twin_Scimitar

Smash Cadet
ally had an MK back then too, just didn't use it as much/in tournament, and he doesn't really use it in tournament now either, he experimented with it briefly. I've yet to see anything suggest that ADHD is doing anything other than trolling...
curious who he used MK against in the first one, already knew about GROAT and that he actually kinda depended on MK to win that <_<
Wait what. So Ally doesn't use MK in tournaments now but you know he depended on MK to win a tournament threeish weeks ago? What kinda crap were you trying to sell?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I wouldn't even define it as trolling anymore, this thread is just where I come when I get bored

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I never said that everything(or anything) that I say in this topic is factual
You DO know that you're pointing yourself out as one of the reasons nothing ever gets done, right? People just here throwing out false statements... You're just wasting everyone's time.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
bunch of randoms *****ing on tactical =/= getting anything done
Yeah, *****ing about people who keep being brick-minded and throwing out false statements, like you admitted yourself to be doing. We can't get anything done because people who take your word for truth due to not understanding the opposite side of the debate, stop talking and drop off their arguments due to feeling like they know nothing after you're done trolling them.

Do you not understand yet?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Let it go etecoon.

Increasing the timer I think is a bad idea.
In bigger tourneys, the bigger time limit means less time for matches, which would probably mean less people making out of pools.
Tourneys already take long and trying to put those matches on viewtube would be difficult.

I think making the game 2 stocks is also bad, but I can't remember why.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I don't like the idea of increasing the timer.... I don't know if there's a correlation or anything, but at TP5 M2K vs DSF the first match was 7:08 long and the second one was 7:52... zzz

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I wouldn't even define it as trolling anymore, this thread is just where I come when I get bored
That's asinine. If you get bored, go outside, go hang out with some girls (or guys?), go do something progressive, because progression is what some people are trying to achieve here. Your trolling is an unnecessary obstacle to that. Make sense?

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
I think we're getting to the point where the BBR needs to wake up and tell us something about what's going on back there. It's clear from this thread that the vast majority of people agree that something must be done about MK...it's been dozens of pages since someone came in here supporting anti-ban to didn't later turn out to be a *******. BBR, anything you can tell us about anything?

I bet it's the same thing that they've been saying before.

There's a serious debate in the BBR, almost as heated as this thread here, and that they can't release any more info.

Something among those lines.

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
Thing is, there is no more heated debate in this thread. It's just a whole bunch of people who are almost unanimously pro-ban whining to each other about how broken Meta Knight is. If there are good anti-ban bullet points that we haven't figured out, it would be fun to have a nice heated debate over them too.

etecoon

Smash Hero
go do something progressive, because progression is what some people are trying to achieve here.
I would disagree with that, actually I would say that some of these people who are "trying to achieve progression" are in fact trolling much harder than I ever did, just do not admit it. but I do see your point, if I consider this thread useless I probably SHOULD spend less time posting here

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I bet it's the same thing that they've been saying before.

There's a serious debate in the BBR, almost as heated as this thread here, and that they can't release any more info.

Something among those lines.
there isnt a debate. its been one sided since day one. anti ban is the majority in the bbr.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that the reason the discussion doesn't go anywhere is because nobody's focused on one particular point. People complain about, "anti-ban/pro-ban/x-person makes this discussion go absolutely nowhere," yet those same people seem to be the exact reason this discussion goes nowhere.

For example, last posts that I made were to Jack Kieser because he was saying that AN should be shut out if they don't comply with a possible temp-ban. In general, the discussion was about a possible temp-ban at the beginning of 2010, and maybe we could have talked about the criteria of such, if it was necessary, what we were looking for, when it would happen, what would happen if we made one —

BUT HEY GUYS LET'S TALK ABOUT MK'S MATCH-UPS COMPARED TO OTHER FIGHTING GAMES LOL WE HAVEN'T DONE THIS OVER 2,000 TIMES ALREADY THIS IS SO HELPFUL LET ME PROVE YOU WRONG FOR THE 2,001th TIME!1

Very little progress has been made in this thread because:

1) Nobody's actually trying to make progress. I've learned maybe two things about the entire "issue" in the 12,200 posts that have been made. What's the point of commenting on MK's planking, or the fact that MK has no counters or bad stages, or the fact that X-player uses MK now, or about stalling discrepancies—it's been done forever. All of these things have been discussed already and have gotten no further than what has been now. If anything, this is just a giant, "Get upset, do nothing, and raise your post count!" thread.

2) Nobody's actually trying to do anything. You have to keep in mind that maybe 20 people visit this thread regularly as of now, whereas quite a bit more probably check in a few times but see the same discussion for the 400th time and then leave. I don't even mean, "host MK-banned tournaments or do experimental side-events or whatever," but getting involved with your region's community, knowing their receptions to things, and telling them ideas you've thought of about the "issue" is much better than getting heated and telling the 1% of active tournament attendees on a thread (ironic lol).

tl;dr: If you're really upset about the lack of progress in this thread, one, don't be, and two, try to actually do something about it rather than follow the discussion. If you think that a (insert "issue" here) should be talked about and seriously looked into, then keep it on that topic.

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
We can't do **** about it, because if anything is actually going to change, the BBR is going to have to go along with it, and they won't tell us ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom