• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Revival Of Melee Tournament Match Thread

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Srs business. Lolbanned.

Anyways, I'm sick of everyone complaining about the commentary. Just turn the volume down and stop *****ing for two seconds if its THAT bad. -_-
I don't mind EC's bias or WC's screaming like maniacs... both are entertaining if you give 'em a chance.
I miss Reno's commentary. I like Hazz Drephen and Wife. PC and Mogwai were decent too. I like Cactuar's commentary because he finds a way to talk about himself in the context of a match he has nothing to do with.

I might give it another shot, but I really dislike the sound of my voice when I hear it on a recording.

Rock Band apparently doesn't like my voice either cause I fail on vocals pretty regularly.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Are the finals really so bad that they can't go on Youtube? That's the only way I can watch them here at work, as I can only use public access computers, and these ones block just about every other video site. I also can't download...

*Sigh*

Please reconsider, Pakman? ;_;

Scar

#HarveyDent
people still think i have no respect for WC as a community

zhu is apparently beast, i didn't get to play him, and mango is that good. lovage was better than i expected. so i dont know at all anymore how good wc is going to be but my expectations are pretty high

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
WC is pretty good IMO an EC v WC crew battle won't be THAT bad. We'll still win hands down but it won't be THAT bad ;D

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
I miss Reno's commentary. I like Hazz Drephen and Wife. PC and Mogwai were decent too. I like Cactuar's commentary because he finds a way to talk about himself in the context of a match he has nothing to do with.

I might give it another shot, but I really dislike the sound of my voice when I hear it on a recording.

Rock Band apparently doesn't like my voice either cause I fail on vocals pretty regularly.

I've seen that sh*t in person!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I just listened through the grand finals commentary and yall that thought it was whack can eat a ****, it pretty much captured how everyone felt.

I didn't curse like a sailor or fail at speaking, random people screaming was funny as **** and Hazz's voice was (and is) mad beast.

If you wanted hype, too **** bad, no one came off that Shiz vs. M2K set wanting to see M2K drop 2 games in grand finals with his Captain Falcon. So in games 2 and 3 you got an appropriate amount of hype preceeded and followed by very low hype over M2K playing a character he had no business playing if he hoped to win.

strawhats

Smash Master
**** how many Zero's are there this is why I use strawhats on SWF. My alias is actually Zero F-X

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I just listened through the grand finals commentary and yall that thought it was whack can eat a ****, it pretty much captured how everyone felt.

I didn't curse like a sailor or fail at speaking, random people screaming was funny as **** and Hazz's voice was (and is) mad beast.

If you wanted hype, too **** bad, no one came off that Shiz vs. M2K set wanting to see M2K drop 2 games in grand finals with his Captain Falcon. So in games 2 and 3 you got an appropriate amount of hype preceeded and followed by very low hype over M2K playing a character he had no business playing if he hoped to win.

the crowd and commentary sounded like a mob of selfish douche bags, crying about deserving something nobody owed them.

pockyD

Smash Legend
commentators speak their mind

it's not like right before the set started, they decided "hey, let's record ourselves complaining for 20 minutes" - they start it and then say whatever they're thinking

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
More to the point, can you even call that 20 minutes of complaining?

Hazz and I legitimately commentated on the last 3 matches, albeit in a somewhat sarcastic and jaded tone. But what do you expect when that's what they're giving us? No one was at that tourney and not disappointed to see them ******* around with their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best characters.

HazZarD

Smash Journeyman
More to the point, can you even call that 20 minutes of complaining?

Hazz and I legitimately commentated on the last 3 matches, albeit in a somewhat sarcastic and jaded tone. But what do you expect when that's what they're giving us? No one was at that tourney and not disappointed to see them ******* around with their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best characters.
The random commentary from everyone/ crowd reaction was hilarious.

The best part is when you hear someone cough in the background.

When you pay $20 for just venue fee, you wanna see the players in the grand finals bring their "A" Game (even though M2K said he wasn't playing that well) and their best characters. I think these matches would be boring without the commentary. GMoney had me laughing my *** off.

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for uploading all of this pakman
Mogwai and Hazz, I didn't like your guys commentary. I thought the jaded sarcasm became overused very quickly, and it started back with DSW vs M2k. Getting excited is important, as well as explaining what your getting excited about. I think you guys could do a lot better, but you could've done worse definitely.
Still it was good context and I'm glad I listened, thank you both. And I agree Grand Finals were definately hard to commentate on.

joeplicate

Smash Master
man, who cares about commentary
if you don't like it, mute it, simple as that

you should upload finals and not be a *****
or just put whatever you want in the description and remove comments if you're really so sensitive about it

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Sounds very similar to the way people were whining about how I "owed" them these vids.

To take a page from Arrogant's book:
I don't remember ever saying you owed anyone anything. if other people said that, then yea thats lame, lol.....

I'll admit my previous comment may have been a little too harsh, the commentary for m2ks sheik matches wasn't that bad.

it's not like right before the set started, they decided "hey, let's record ourselves complaining for 20 minutes" - they start it and then say whatever they're thinking
they sort of did actually,

as soon as they saw what characters were being used everyone just turned "bitter"(lol) and
the commentators tried to downplay anything cool that happened so that there attitude would seem legitimate.

comments like "I don't want to watch this ****" and boos from the crowd people yelling "I didn't pay for this bull****" were just sad to hear, because people sounded really angry.

for some reason I thought the melee community was more chill than that, it was just disappointing , instead of supporting m2k and people just turned on him.

it was like a home team getting booed in there own stadium, (there was like three sarcastic comments right in the middle of m2k ****** mango from 12-123%/death in there last match.

I definitely lol'd though when someone was like "rare footage....... of m2k actually angry"

and im def gonna call slippy flippy now, G$ sold me on that.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I don't remember ever saying you owed anyone anything. if other people said that, then yea thats lame, lol.....

I'll admit my previous comment may have been a little too harsh, the commentary for m2ks sheik matches wasn't that bad.

they sort of did actually,

as soon as they saw what characters were being used everyone just turned "bitter"(lol) and
the commentators tried to downplay anything cool that happened so that there attitude would seem legitimate.

comments like "I don't want to watch this ****" and boos from the crowd people yelling "I didn't pay for this bull****" were just sad to hear, because people sounded really angry.

for some reason I thought the melee community was more chill than that, it was just disappointing , instead of supporting m2k and people just turned on him.

it was like a home team getting booed in there own stadium, (there was like three sarcastic comments right in the middle of m2k ****** mango from 12-123%/death in there last match.

I definitely lol'd though when someone was like "rare footage....... of m2k actually angry"

and im def gonna call slippy flippy now, G$ sold me on that.
The problem with your sports analogy is that it's like our team sent in all the 2nd string players right from the start of the Superbowl. *shrugs* Melee's still mad chill, to my knowledge, there is no real beef stemming from RoM.

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
man, who cares about commentary
if you don't like it, mute it, simple as that
don't be dumb

i'm sure the people who really DIDN'T like it did mute it. but duh people are going to their voice their opinions if they think something sucks (or rocks).

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
The problem with your sports analogy is that it's like our team sent in all the 2nd string players right from the start of the Superbowl. *shrugs* Melee's still mad chill, to my knowledge, there is no real beef stemming from RoM.
I honestly wouldn't care about the commentary of the Grand Finals(You guys can complain all you want, I doesn't make the matches any less interesting) but keep in mind, during Mango's first set with M2K there was *****ing about how mango was Puff and not going his secondaries. So first it's *****ing about Mango going puff then it's *****ing about Mango not going puff, it's just all really lame.

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
so basically everyone is whining because they think they deserved something better

except you guys aren't "owed" or "deserved" anything so stfu and stop making a big stink over nothing

Top Bottom