• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
dont you guys think that sonic would feel a little lonely in ssbb? come on. he just wont fit in

kaid

Smash Master
PC:

My concern with a two part B move is with Kirby- do we give the puffball homing attack AND somersault? And by merging the two moves, we have to come up with a new one.

The Bounce/spindash combo makes sence, but again, we would have to replace the spindash I have for Sidesmash. Sonic only has so many moves he can charge, after all, and most of them involve running.

I noticed your B-set (not a full moveset) is entirely made of moves from the 3d games, generally consided the worst sonic games ever, by the hardcore players.

As for the Magic Glove... heh. MY first sonic game was SA2B, and I always wondered wtf that move was for...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
JmcShocker16 said:
dont you guys think that sonic would feel a little lonely in ssbb? come on. he just wont fit in
Sonic fits in more than Snake does, and Snake's in SSBB. At least Sonic is unrealistic, like the others, making him fit in more than realistic Snake.

kaid said:
...My concern with a two part B move is with Kirby- do we give the puffball homing attack AND somersault? And by merging the two moves, we have to come up with a new one.

The Bounce/spindash combo makes sence, but again, we would have to replace the spindash I have for Sidesmash. Sonic only has so many moves he can charge, after all, and most of them involve running.

I noticed your B-set (not a full moveset) is entirely made of moves from the 3d games, generally consided the worst sonic games ever, by the hardcore players...
Well, if Sonic can do two different moves, then why can't kirby?

The 2-D Sonic games didn't have much variety on the moves, so it's kind of hard to base a lot of stuff on that. Plus, most of the moves he has on the 2-D games, he also has on the 3-D games. And if they do make Sonic, they would probably make a more modernized version of him.

What about Sonic's "Super Smash" attack? I'm thinking more on the line of a cutscene of the 7 Chaos Emeralds surrounding/spinning around him, turning him into Super Sonic. He'll then unleash some Chaos Control related attack on everyone else. That'll be interesting to see... :)

Note: Sorry for the typos on my last post. I didn't proofread it enough. Whenever I post or edit a post with a quote in it, my internet freezes. I can only post with a quote by using the "quick post" function. But after that, I can't edit it, so when I tried, it froze on me.

kaid

Smash Master
Personally, I prefer Homing attack as a sideB, and have the Sonic 3 fireshield effect "Flame tackle" for a neutral. Sure, it's not what most new people think of for sonic, but it is old school.

Combining the Watershield effect "Bounce"in the air with "Spindash" on the ground has potential, but as I posted, we would need a new sidesmash.

SmashnTendo

Smash Apprentice
Vulpine51 said:
You know, you're right. Lets bring in Tails too :) .
That might happen, I mean, Marth and Roy came in together. my only problem is that I would feel that Knuckles and Shadow would be left out as I know the game makers just can't crazily pick any characters or group of characters to be in the next smash.

Cacodemon

Smash Rookie
Well if anyone from Sonic came in I think (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles) But Shadow would pretty much be a clone so a good idea would be one of sonic's different colors or a costume would be to look like Shadow Sound plausable? ;)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Oh, and about the dash attack on the first post. Instead of a Sonic Rush style dash attack, why not make the dash attack like the attack where you press down while moving on the classic games? Since that rolling ball attack can only be performed while on the move (running/walking, but most likely running) in the old games, why not make it the same on SSBB by makeing it a dash attack?

Then, you can make the F-Smash the Sonic Rush dash thing, and there's the new move we're looking for...
:chuckle:

kaid

Smash Master
I already had that as a special crouch effect, withough the attack box. THat move followed terrain and just kept going. The Sonic Rush attack had NO charge frames and was usually done while already moving, to plough through an enemy. Making it a smash (with up to 60 frames of charging) negates the purpose of the attack.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
holding down while running decrease speed and causes you to stop. If you have the pressing down for that attack, then crouch canceling with Sonic will be impossible. So you can't have it as holding down while running. The Sonic Rush dash attack as the smash might not be a good idea after all, but pressing down to do the other attack isn't either.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
The only reason I wouldn't mind Sonic being in the game, is if he is the fastest character in the game. Seriously, if he isn't the fastest, its really going to bug me a whole freaken lot.

I'm just hoping no other Sonic characters make it in. You just need one of them to get the jist of the speed.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
This I think is a pretty valid clue of just how close sega and nintendo are nowadays. In Shadow The Hedgehog "Two of the bosses in this game are called Black Bull (a large, flying Black Arm) and the Blue Falcon (a G.U.N. mech unit). Coincidentally or otherwise, these are also the names of the racecars driven by Black Shadow and Captain Falcon in Nintendo's F-Zero series. (F-Zero GX and its arcade couterpart, F-Zero AX, were produced by Sega for Nintendo)"
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow...28video_game) (under trivia)

kaid

Smash Master
Mind, these are the same people who blatantl stole James McCloud's (Starfox) history, changed a few names, and inserted it into the F-Zero GX game as, uh, James McCloud. (F-Zero)

The Other Wind

Smash Apprentice
_the_sandman_ said:
The only reason I wouldn't mind Sonic being in the game, is if he is the fastest character in the game. Seriously, if he isn't the fastest, its really going to bug me a whole freaken lot.

I'm just hoping no other Sonic characters make it in. You just need one of them to get the jist of the speed.

lol, there's no reason for him to even be in the game if he isn't the fastest. that would be ********.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
simple,make him only a tiny bit faster than captin falchon/fox that would balance stuff out and make fox less fast.I dont see how hes a speed type infact his main experience is arwing pilot not runner.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
Didn't you beat StarFox 64? He was keeping pace with the GreatFox!

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Lishy said:
simple,make him only a tiny bit faster than captin falchon/fox that would balance stuff out and make fox less fast.I dont see how hes a speed type infact his main experience is arwing pilot not runner.
or make his top speed just have a longer time to start up then others.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
I have done you all a favor and drew a picture depicting the new Pac-man in SSBB (as I did with Pac-man):

This image shows that Sonic can be balanced simply by making him slower, weaker, and smaller than Pac-man. I hope this solves everyone's problems.

EDIT: Oh crud, I forgot to shade in Pac-man.

EDIT: Fixed.

Shark X

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
Yes sonic and as for his team mates the only acceptable one is Tails
Wrong. Knuckles would fit very well in this game. But No Shadow Dammit!

Although there are other characters I like better than Sonic, aka Star Wolf, Bass, Bomberman, etc. Sonic is the one I, and mostly everyone else, feels deserves to be in this game the most.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Agreed. The Sonic vs. Mario debate has been taking place since the early 90's. I would LOVE for the two characters to appear in a game together, and Smash is the best place for it. :)

Shark X

Smash Lord
Of course if Sonic makes it in, the theme of the game would finally be what we all always wanted, Mario vs Sonic. If they don't make that the theme, then this 15 year debate would of gone to waste.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Would be cool if when you are player with Sonic vs. Mario, A different music could be heard instead of the default stage music. And a music that expresses this 15 year rivals encounter.

With that said, I support Sonic for Brawl over any other character ever created.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Sonic isn't one of my favorites, but I strongly believe Sonic is the perfect choice for Brawl. More so than Snake.

EDIT: Anyone else thinking, Sonic the Edgehog? XD And no, thats not a typo XD

magar

Banned via Administration
Sonic pwns all
Defenately the best character from sega
Super monkey ball's AiAi 2nd
Crazy Taxi's Axel 3rd

Note: All these characters Had history on the NGC

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
not sure if this has made the rounds yet, but i saw it today. remember, this confirms NOTHING! but it sure looks cool, i think.

ah, to live the dream...

btw, nomis, AWESOME picture. =) i laughed out loud.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kilroy, that's more than likely a doctored photo. I do want to see him in, but I'd rather not see fake photos, as that makes things worse.

And once again, I repeat, Shadow will NOT be a clone of Sonic nor a costume if he makes it in. He's far too different from Sonic to deserve such an ugly fate. Metal Sonic is even rediculously different, but, as proven comic-wise, he IS Sonic, much like Dr. Mario IS Mario. Frankly, if they do a Metal Sonic skin for the Metal Box stuff(via Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut), I'll be fine with it. If they do the normal style Metal skin(I.E. Metal Bros.), than Metal Sonic might as well be an unlockable character(clone or no clone)

I think I may make an "Official OTHER Sonic Characters Thread" just to end this stupidity of Shadow being a costume. To say the least, he started as a basic clone, but completely changed, as did Tails(yes, he was exactly the same as Sonic in Sonic The Hedgehog 2 except for two differences. He couldn't go "Super", and his sprite was obviously different) Yep, it'll be fun explaining the different games and just how different they are.(truth be told, the first completely original Sonic characters were the Chaotix and Amy Rose)

Spirithawk

Smash Apprentice
I think that if they add a second Sonic character, it should be Tails. While Shadow is popular among newer Sonic fans, fans of the old games, like myself, would probably like having Tails.

That said, I don't really see a problem w/ Shadow being an alternate costume to Sonic. I understand he is different from Sonic in the games, but honestly, not that different. The biggest difference, in my opinion, is the guns from Shadow's game. So I think he could vary well be an alternate costume. Also, when you choose that costume, it say you've chosen Shadow instead of Sonic. Plus it could be unlockable.

I will grant you that Shadow made more changes as more games with him appeared. The only one with him in it that I haven't played is Sonic Heroes, so there may be more to him that I don't know about.

Regardless, I doubt Nintendo wants to include to many third party characters, especially from one franchise, which is another reason I would prefer Shadow as a costume.

I'm not saying I don't like Shadow. I think he's one of the coolest editions to the Sonic series, but keep in mind, Sonic is still the main man. :)

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
kilroy said:
not sure if this has made the rounds yet, but i saw it today. remember, this confirms NOTHING! but it sure looks cool, i think.

ah, to live the dream...

btw, nomis, AWESOME picture. =) i laughed out loud.
... the dream will come true.

(inmediatly puts pic in wallpaper).

jpwalker123

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that Sonic isnt in this game just because he doesnt really have anything to do with it or he doesnt have enough to do with it to become a character in it. I dont even like the idea of Snake being in it but whatever i'll let that go but they better not have Sonic in it.

Spirithawk

Smash Apprentice
Hey, wasn't that picture originally of Meta doing a move?
Either way, love the picture.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I knew it was a fake...just couldn't place it at the time. Anyway, thanks for acknowledgeing my point, Spirithawk. And as for Sonic Heroes, all of the other teams(other than Team Sonic) are mostly the same, but have minor differences here and there. This is probably why it was a bit unpopular, not enough variety.

Anyway, Shadow doesn't just have guns and weapons to use(which makes him fit better than Knuckles for a secondary character...and even Tails, in a way), but multiple Chaos abilities that Sonic CANNOT use. Thus, ever since Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic Battle he was defined as a completely different character. He also introduced a new style of Snowboarding in Sonic Riders.(the ability to NOT use a board)

Shark X

Smash Lord
Tails may be the 2nd most deserving, but Knuckles is much more fitting. You know, Knuckles likes to Brawl and all.

Shadow and Metal Sonic are totally different.

Shadow: Looks nothing like Sonic, Chaos Control, Chaos Blast, slower than Sonic (otherwise he wouldn't need the jet boots), Guns, psycho, about 70 years old (50 proven at least), only two things he has that Sonic has is Spin Dash, and Homing Attack.

Metal Sonic: Flies, uses his claws to fight, while Sonic punches, fires a beam from his chest, psychopathic, should be faster than Sonic (via flying, not running), can asorb machines, is heavier, has more defence (you know Metal Sonic has to have a hard caseing). He and Sonic has nothing alike.

So, while Shadow doesn't belong in this game, both Metal Sonic and Shadow have no way of being clones or costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom