• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
HyperFalcon said:
Kilroy, that's more than likely a doctored photo. I do want to see him in, but I'd rather not see fake photos, as that makes things worse.
oh, i know it's a doctored photo. but i don't think it makes it worse, when all we've got right now is the dream. it's still possible that fake photos is all we'll ever have, so i take what i can get. =)

but that may be just me.

Spirithawk

Smash Apprentice
Oh, yeah, I forgot about the chaos abilities. Anyways, my main deal is that I think it would be cool to play as Shadow, but most likely the developers wouldn't put him in, since I think even Sonic is a long shot in the first place. So thats my view of having him as an alternate costume. You still get to say, "I'm playing as Shadow!" even if he plays exactly like Sonic.

As for Metal Sonic, just pick up a metal box. ;)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Metal Sonic, once again, is no clone of Sonic. Joking or not, I would be really pissed off if they made the Metallic clothes for Sonic only. I was already dissapointed with the Sonic Heroes metal clothes multiplayer trick, as in reality, that was not Metal Sonic, but Metal Team Sonic. As are the other 3 teams.

If they decide to make Metal Sonic as his own, they can just call him Metalla(one of his official names), as to not confuse Metal Sonic via the Metal Box.) Either Sonic gets the OFFICIAL Metal Sonic skin for the Metal Box, or Metalla becomes a hidden character. One or the other. Otherwise, it'd be dumb.

Keep in mind that Metal Sonic is my favorite Sonic series character, so that's probably why I don't want this deadly machine being insulted as a Metal Box fake.(I.E. silver only skin)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
If Sonic was in the game...possibly these stats? Strength: 3 Speed: 5 Weight: 2 Height: 3 Overall: 3
(I don't think they would make Sonic that much better than Mario)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As he shouldn't. In Sonic Battle, Sonic is the standard fighter.(other than Emerl)
Speed: 5(excellent running speed and Acceleration Up Level 2)
Weight: 3(pure normal, even though he has the second highest strength support...)
Height: What? What's the point of this?
Jump: 4(a bit above average)
Strength: 4(he has Attack Support 6 out of the highest which is 9)
Overall: 4(slightly above average, like he should be. Shadow, if he was his own character would be an Overall of probably 4.5 or 5, but that's because he makes Sonic look like a pansy)

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
yeah i put it in my wallpaper also

Man since pichu migth get deleted *faints then sufocates to death*

Ill revert to sonic........... GOOD BYE PICHU :'(

And heelooo ho ho sonic good buddy good pal! Our ttraining has paid off from playing sonic heroes,adventure 2 battle,classic games etc HAS PAID off

GO TI QUAN DO DO!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Don't count on ANY Sonic clones: Metal Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, whatever. Sakurai (the director) has said that at max they're adding only 1 or 2 more third party characters. I'm thinking Sonic and Megaman. But if they're only adding 1 or 2 more, it's not going to be Sonic and then a Sonic clone. If they're going to add only a few third party characters, they want to get completely different characters.

*EDIT* I do think it would be cool to have a Shadow costume for Sonic. Not a Shadow character model, leave his spikes facing downward and all, but color him like Shadow. That would be cool.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
i HOPE ITS SONIC!OMG SONIC IS THE FREAKEN OWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

mr.mod no offense but ur opinions suck.

just cuz u dont like it(more like anything) doesent mean more than half the people want sonic!

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Meh I want central square(the city in sa1/sa1 dx) and green hill.

Maybe instead of central square the level meteor herd witht he big tower were u face rouge/knuckles

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Lishy said:
Meh I want central square(the city in sa1/sa1 dx) and green hill.

Maybe instead of central square the level meteor herd witht he big tower were u face rouge/knuckles
My ideas suck?

Sonic is one of the most iconic video game characters in history. If they're going for third party characters, there is almost absolutely no chance that Sonic is not getting in.

Lishy said:
just cuz u dont like it(more like anything) doesent mean more than half the people want sonic!
At least, I think that's what you were trying to say with that sentence. Feel free to type it in English though so I can understand you.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Green Hill Zone would appear if Sonic is the only one, since it's his most well-known stage. They'd just have to change it around so you have a ledge.(since it was used, I believe, twice throughout the fighting games) If Sonic and another would appear, the other stage would deal with the character. Whatever it may be, that is.

Metal Sonic(Metal Box) will appear if Sonic appears, regardless, but we don't know what they're going to do with it since anybody that knows Metal Sonic knows he looks nothing like Metal Mario in comparison. The Metal clones of the Sonic Series always had original designs(except the basic standing model and some abilities) of the character.

Like I said before, they could just use the SADX Metal Sonic skin look so nobody's dissapointed. Shadow coloring sounds fine, as long as it's distinctively not Shadow himself. My opinions of colors would be this:

Blue: His base color, with white gloves and red shoes.
Red: Secondary color, with white gloves and yellow shoes.
Yellow: Tails style, being light yellow, but both white gloves and shoes.
Black: Shadow coloring, with red gloves and yellow shoes.
White: Possibly based off of the new StH2006 character(black gloves and shoes with white coloring)
Green: Gamma type, but nothing special. Yellow gloves and black shoes even it out.

6 good colors representing the basic six styles. As for Metal Sonic, he'd only appear if a Metal Box would be gotten, and would just appear as his Sonic Heroes self(unless he reappears in either Sonic Wild Fire or 2006...but who knows)

I know that Gamma and the new hedgehog seem out there, but that's all I could think of at the time. Not like anyone who would to see a Pink Sonic...and purple just makes you think of Shadow while using both Chaos Control and Chaos Blast(nicknamed Chaos Blastrol...)

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
mr.mod as the rules state this isnt the thread for flaming/fighting/arguing

SOME people like sonic and if you are against it why bother posting here?

BTW I know im MEMBERATING a ADMINSTER but everybody has theyre opinions and if you are against him being in ssbb dont bother posting here.It is somthing called "freedom"

back on topic:
Eh what im worried about is his up b/recovery

What do you think he could use?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I think you have a problem with English comprehension.

I LOVE the idea of Sonic getting in. I've been pushing for Sonic to get in the game since before MELEE came out. I am one of Sonic's biggest supporters.

I've posted a moveset before, but a good ^B would be the Light Speed Ring Dash from Sonic Adventure. A line of rings appears, and he runs up them.

Wow.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
sonics limit breaker could be super sonic =O

man i'd be awsome....

his game icon could also be a chaos emerald or somthing(I cant see a ring.)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Lishy said:
Meh I want central square(the city in sa1/sa1 dx) and green hill...
It's Station Square, FYI.

HyperFalcon said:
Blue: His base color, with white gloves and red shoes.
Red: Secondary color, with white gloves and yellow shoes.
Yellow: Tails style, being light yellow, but both white gloves and shoes.
Black: Shadow coloring, with red gloves and yellow shoes.
White: Possibly based off of the new StH2006 character(black gloves and shoes with white coloring)
Green: Gamma type, but nothing special. Yellow gloves and black shoes even it out.
I don't see his gloves and shoes changing. His gloves and shoes should stay white and red, respectively, since there's really no point in changing it.
I just noticed something...yellow-colored Sonic would look kind of like Super Sonic (but without the rised spikes). But, like I said before, they should reverse the FULL Super Sonic look for Sonic's "special smash" attack.

kaid

Smash Master
McFox said:
I've posted a moveset before, but a good ^B would be the Light Speed Ring Dash from Sonic Adventure. A line of rings appears, and he runs up them.
I would disagree. Not only is it ridiculusly similar to Mario's ^B, but it is a move which only appears in the 3d games. I feel that making a Spring appear as you use ^B, launching Sonic upward, fits Sonic far better.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
kaid said:
I would disagree. Not only is it ridiculusly similar to Mario's ^B, but it is a move which only appears in the 3d games. I feel that making a Spring appear as you use ^B, launching Sonic upward, fits Sonic far better.
I actually like the idea of him making a small tornado that launches him into the air...

I like the idea of the spring...but it asks the question, where did the spring come from? (Just like Mr. G&W's U+B)

R3chargd

Smash Rookie
If they want to make this game better than what it already sounds like, Sonic will be added. Then it will truly be a bad, bad game. In a good way. :)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
kaid said:
Lol, I like that better than my own idea :p.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
For the Light Dash idea. Maybe like in Sonic Battle. Press Bup and Sonic throws a ring, if the ring gets on the stage, press Bup again to dash to it. Then the ring dissapears.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
This works! I think there should be a set amount of lag between throwing the ring
and being able to dash to it. Only one ring from 1 sonic can be onstage at a time,
it can be thrown like Yoshi's egg, while sonic is Ldashing, he could damage people
like Fox Illusion, the ring will disappear if left unattended for a period of time.
Sonic WILL NOT be able to dash through solid objects.

Sounds balanced, functional and NOT broken to me :). Yay!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
supermario62 said:
They Wont Put Sonic, Tails, Shadow,ect.. Into The Game!!!!!! There Not From Nintendo!!!!
You're kinda behind there buddy.

Solid Snake isn't from Nintendo either. And it's been confirmed that at least two more third party characters will be added; as long as they've had a game on a Nintendo console, and they are not nobodies. Sonic meets both these criteria, is perfect for the game, AND people have wanted a Sonic vs Mario match for years now. That is code for "Sonic has a great chance."

nomis

Smash Journeyman
supermario62 said:
They Wont Put Sonic, Tails, Shadow,ect.. Into The Game!!!!!! There Not From Nintendo!!!!
He appeared in a Nintendo console, and is going to have an 'exclusive release game' for the Wii.

EDIT: You beat me to it Ferro. You have won this round, but you have not won the war..!!

Spirithawk

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Ferro, where is it confirmed that two more third party characters will be added? Cause if thats true, thats awsome.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Stupid Snake. Now everyone wants their favorite third party character in the game. Oh well... Tails is way cooler than Sonic. But Doctor Robotnic is even better with his crazy contraptions.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Well, here goes a moveset I planned yesterday. Mostly of this stuff is based on the fighting games which Sonic has appeared: Sonic Championship & Sonic Battle. And some break dance moves thanks to Zodiak-Lucien.

A, A, A- Punch, kick, top kick. Like in Sonic Battle
Afoward tilt- Long kick. Like Fox.
Aup tilt-Applejack. He crouches face-up, and rises one leg up. Cool break move.
Adowntilt- Sweep kick. Like Mario, but Sonic championship style.
Adash-Sonic solar eclipse. He gets handstand, opens legs and spins a bit. Cool break move.

First jump-normal jump (Classic Sonic jump sound plz).
Second jump- he curls himself to gain height this time
Nair-He curls himself, this time, winds slashes appear around him. Sonic Advance style.
Fair-"Sonic Eagle"Whacks his foot into the enemy, Sonic Battle style. Its a meteor.
Dair-"Sonic Rocket"Again, Sonic Battle style.
Bair-I dunno, maybe something like Bowser's bair, obviously faster (Sonic has spikes, after all).
Uair-A kick like Mario's Uair, maybe.

Fsmash- I couldn't think anything good here. Maybe he could do a super tiny fox illusion and then jump back to his original position.
Usmash- Sonic Updraft. This one is from Sonic Battle, like Fox's Usmash.
Dsmash-Sonic Flare. Sonic Battle, cool break move.

Bup-Light Dash, read my previous post in this thread.
Bfoward-Sonic Wind, he throws a wind slash that goes straight. In the air, this goes diagonally downward.
Bdown-Sonic Meteor, Sonic curls and bounces in the ground once. This move can be seen in Sonic Adventure 2.
Bneutral-Spin Dash, quite obvious.

Super Move-Sonic transforms in Super Sonic and ***** the opponet.

He would be a bit faster then C. Falcon and he would have regular fast falling.

Thats all for now. If you don't get some of the moves. GO PLAY SONIC BATTLE! ITS A **** GOOD GAME!!... Or check the link on the post below.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Tomasiarity said:
Dsmash-Sonic Flare. Sonic Battle, like Mario's Dsmash.
Mario's down A is a Circle, a flare looks completely different. http://hem.spray.se/sammorling/flare.html thats what a flare looks like (you need to be in Internet explorer for the clips to work). I used to be a bboy so I had to correct you. that site is excellant for breaking moves if you need ideas.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Zodiak-Lucien said:
Mario's down A is a Circle, a flare looks completely different. http://hem.spray.se/sammorling/flare.html thats what a flare looks like (you need to be in Internet explorer for the clips to work). I used to be a bboy so I had to correct you. that site is excellant for breaking moves if you need ideas.
Ohhh... :dizzy: .That's a flare! I took the name from Sonic Battle's move. But they really look different. So thank ya bud!
And, yeah! Sonic should have break dance moves for all of his A attacks.

supermario62

Smash Cadet
commonyoshi said:
Stupid Snake. Now everyone wants their favorite third party character in the game. Oh well... Tails is way cooler than Sonic. But Doctor Robotnic is even better with his crazy contraptions.
I have do dessagree, Amy is hott and shadow is cooler

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Amy hot=yes
eggman cool=VERY VERY TRUE
tails cooler than sonic=screw you

I think eggman has the place for a adventure mode BOSS but not playable charactor,amy migth make a appearence in a cutscene or somthing but w/e

sonic will be in the game 100%!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom