• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Sonic's upcoming game on xbox360 :p. It's mad sexy~ And if Sonic is to be on SSBB, he better look like that.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Spirithawk said:
Hey, Ferro, where is it confirmed that two more third party characters will be added? Cause if thats true, thats awsome.
There is an update on the first post of the stickied topic Updates (I think is what it's called.) It is the one with the poll. Give me a second to varify this.

OOps, wrong topic.

No, it is the very last update of the first post in the Official News topic.

pichu410

Smash Apprentice
Why not have Amy in there too? I bet she'd rip people with her piko piko hammer. One or two of her moves may be similar to Kirby's. His Foward B for example could be Amy's Regular B. And she could have some moves from Sonic Battle.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Because there are only 1 or 2 more third party characters being added, and Amy sucks. Sonic and Megaman should get in waaay before her.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
McFox said:
Because there are only 1 or 2 more third party characters being added, and Amy sucks. Sonic and Megaman should get in waaay before her.
What about Geno? Or did Nintendo buy the rights from Square, cuz that's what I heard. Does anyone know if they did or not?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Oh well, he'll probably be in the game (what else is Square going to do with him?)

Anyway getting back on track, if Sonic does make it in I doubt they'll include ANY other sonic characters. Like McFox said they'll only be adding one or two more 3rd party characters and they could appeal to a larger audience if they add characters from different franchises.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
assuming brawl isn't molested w/ 3rd party additions, i think it would be best that Sega is soley represented by sonic, but for alternate costume appearances it would be nice if he had alternate looks identical to...
Shadow, Super Sonic, Metal Sonic or Silver Sonic
(personally i'm most fond of his original clone Silver Sonic..but his popularity on GameGear didn't kick off well, and shadow sonic has become the new hip clone, after Metal Sonic replaced Silver Sonic :-/)

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
For the up B, how about this,

1. could perform a move similar to a screw attack.

2. transforms into super sonics momentarily and darts up.

HIs entrance could be he comes in as super sonic or flies in on the wings of the tornado

I liek the classic foot stomping and saying "Im waiiitttiiing" for his taunt....that or somehtign like "that was nothing, while performing that point he does in sonic 3.

If hes in his voice better be obnixious and erkle like. Liek the SATAm cartoon.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
McFox said:
Read this again. Sure, Knuckles is fine, but if only 1 or 2 more third party characters are getting in, they need to be Sonic and Megaman. Sonic is more than enough to represent Sega by himself.

*EDIT*

PITforREV said:
If hes in his voice better be obnixious and erkle like. Liek the SATAm cartoon.
That WAS Urkel. Jaleel White played as the voice of Sonic in all of the Sonic cartoons except for the recent Sonic X.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Just a thought: Wouldn't it be pretty funny if Sonic becomes a top tier character and Mario is ~middle? Or if they purposely made Sonic suck to the point of Pichu.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Haha nomis! Either Nintendo enthusiasts would get angry with Sakurai, or SEGA would get angry with Sakurai.

[SARCASM]Win-Win situation![/SARCASM]
lol

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
lol it would be funny if sonic were top tier :p

personally im all for sonic being in the game - but i want the sonic to be mor elike the megadrive sonic, and less like the sonics that have appeared more recently <laaame>

i mean, nobody has mentioned the fact that the origional sonic had a midair shield which he could use to defend himself!

but i wouldnt really want to see more sonic characters other than sonic himself - and actually make the sonic kewl, not the lame pansy one they have atm. more lkiek the sonic from sonic the comic ep 1-100 :D

ROBERT2K95

Smash Apprentice
I think Sonic would be a great addition too if you think about it,and I would like to see knuckles because he would be a great chacter too.

XKingLuigiX

Smash Rookie
Good movelist

That move list you came up with defines what sonics about. Of couse I keep hoping he'll make an appearence because I'm a Sonic fanatic and I think he deserves a spot on the SSBB roster, why not, his inclusion would be a defining moment in gaming history. I dont understand why people could bash him. If Yuji Naka or the Sonic Team is willing and Sakurai, then that will complete the new one for me and all the Sonic hopefuls out there. I think its time that Sonic gets the respect he deserves and finally has a chance to brawl with his rival other than Eggman and thats Mario. Also for anyone that would even dare compare Sonic to Jigglypuff needs to pick up copy of Sonic Adventure or any Sonic game for that mattter ASAP.

kaid

Smash Master
XKingLuigiX said:
That move list you came up with defines what sonics about. Of couse I keep hoping he'll make an appearence because I'm a Sonic fanatic and I think he deserves a spot on the SSBB roster, why not, his inclusion would be a defining moment in gaming history. I dont understand why people could bash him. If Yuji Naka or the Sonic Team is willing and Sakurai, then that will complete the new one for me and all the Sonic hopefuls out there. I think its time that Sonic gets the respect he deserves and finally has a chance to brawl with his rival other than Eggman and thats Mario. Also for anyone that would even dare compare Sonic to Jigglypuff needs to pick up copy of Sonic Adventure or any Sonic game for that mattter ASAP.
Given that there's been no moveset posted in the last couple pages, I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you actually read the first post... in which case, Thanks!

LuCKy

Smash Master
i think it would be great 2 have sonic as a playable character,even with the moves the moves that u suggested for him.I all want 2 know is if he will be in ssbb?
kaid said:
There's been a couple sonic threads, but nothing's linked in the sticky, so here's an official one.

Sonic has been Mario's archrival for decades, and Mario vs Sonic has been the subject of endless speculation, flash animation, and even poetry.

Sega and nintendo have been on good terms since the Dreamcast was defeated by Sony, and the creater of sonic (forgot his name right now) has been quoted saying he would like it if Sonic and Mario were in a game together. Considering the door to 3rd parties has been opened by Snake, who's creator "begged" for him to be put in, Sonic's towering reputation and fanbase makes his inclusion almost a given.

Some here have said they don't want sonic because they feel he would have similar moves as Jigglypuff. These people have obviously only ever seen the Spindash, and not any of the countless othe moves he's had in his games.

I have taken the time to assemble a complete moveset to show these people how wrong they are.

LuCKy

Smash Master
sonic is the coollist animal in the gaming world and he deserves 2 beat mario's a** in ssbb!

MarthHasASword

Smash Apprentice
what do you guys think of a special? Personally I think Super Sonic should play a part
yea that would be kool, and he could do some pwnage with his fast attks.

If you want to predict sonics movesets, just think of fox, without his laser, shine, or orangeyness, spray paint him blue, and there ya go, you have sonic.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
MarthHasASword said:
If you want to predict sonics movesets, just think of fox, without his laser, shine, or orangeyness, spray paint him blue, and there ya go, you have sonic.
mabe. But Fox has a pretty short jump where Sonic always jumped pretty high in his games. They have to give Sonic that spinning move that jiggly has. It was basicly his to begin with.

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I predict Sonic will be to either Fox or Falco what Luigi is to Mario. But, hey, I could always be wrong.

XKingLuigiX

Smash Rookie
Fox needs to be put to sleep he doesnt hold a candle to sonic, Sonics been running at light speed when fox was still in his diapers.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, I think his spinning jump should be a low-knockback attack. It wouldn't really hurt, but it wouldn't make any sense for him not to spin when he jumps.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Sonic would make a nice addition i say. He would fit in well and has many skilled valid for a moveset. I personally am hoping he is in.

kaid

Smash Master
McFox said:
Yeah, I think his spinning jump should be a low-knockback attack. It wouldn't really hurt, but it wouldn't make any sense for him not to spin when he jumps.
So, you think a Falco-laser strength YYG effect fits?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
YYG?

But yes, something really low-level. Like someone else said, Sonic NOT spinning when he jumps would just look unnatural.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I think this is a decent moveset: B= Charging roll >B= Ring Dash ^B=Ancient Light (was that it's name?) VB Bounce

LuCKy

Smash Master
tails did'nt get his own game though,but shadow did.if tails does have his own game i dont know about it.
xianfeng said:
Shadow is not as well known as Tails so if sonic were to bring along a pal it would be Tails as being a non sonic gamer he is the only other one I know about :laugh:

kaid

Smash Master
McFox said:
Yo-Yo Glitch

When done, one of the things you can do is glitch your Dair, Uair, or the second part of your ^B to an aura around you. Because it's a glitch, it's a lot of work and only works once per opponent per setup.

Anyway, does that answer your question?

TheSmashBro06

Smash Cadet
Do you mind if I post that moveset in other forums I go to? We need an official Sonic thread on GameFAQs anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom