• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Sprite Critique Topic

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Uhm, because you guys went natzi on me, I didnt get any comments.
@sonofthesky - Obviously, it's just a recolor, but it's a great palette and it really fits Milotic well. The only thing that stands out to me a little bit is that the...ears or whatever are a little bit light and sort of clash with the rest of the sprite's dark colors. If you could darken the color, I think it'd improve the sprite, not that it's not great already.
I beg to differ.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Good recolor, but there are a lot of those lighter pixels on the outside. Also one of his teeth seems out of place.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Err, woops.

Also, say HI to my Icy rayquaza.

Edit again: OMFG. An image on photobucket DID NOT HAVE A WHITE BACKROUND. Hurray for photobucket editing.
looks very good, try giving him more of an icy feel, lke amking his "horns" icicle-like

this is very interesting, I never would have though of putting these together:lick: the head looks smooshed like it went under a pin roll but that is the only MAJOr thing

ndayday

BRoomer
^^Ha, that's nice. Good job, but I feel as though the teeth seem awkward right there...you should either get rid of them I think or make them fit into the mouth better.

Heres one I just made, pretty basic...

fire type Walrein:

Fires pretty much the opposdite of ice, so heck, why not make it?

A_man13

Smash Master
Sorry if I seem a tad giddy. Just won 3rd in a sig making contest amongst some of the best out there.

much better

new
SEVICASH
i am really trying to use pokmon you wouldn't normally use
Good so far. I'd add a bit more of sevper, since right now it's feeling pretty recolorish.

^^Ha, that's nice. Good job, but I feel as though the teeth seem awkward right there...you should either get rid of them I think or make them fit into the mouth better.

fire type Walrein:

That's nice. It would be kind of cool to see some more colors, but its beyond impressive as is.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Is it better with these colors?
looks much better, although there seem to be some missing and unecessary pixes on the lily pad

much better

new
SEVICASH
i am really trying to use pokmon you wouldn't normally use
getting better, the teeth are akward, the tail and mustache look nice though:)

fire type Walrein:

not much I can say, except I though it was a typhlosion/welrain at first:p

Overload

Smash Lord
There are no pixels missing on the lily pad, and if you are talking about the yellow ones as the unnecessary ones I added those because they are on medicham's head.
I also had the colors a little off, here's the updated one:

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
@Overload

Updated version looks much better.
The colors are nice too XD
The Dots are a nice touch.

My Gible/Spheal Splice Family

Gieal

Galeo

Garein

I Scratched the feet in Galeo and Garein and the arms in Galeo.

The tail of Gieal was also scratched and the ears.

ndayday

BRoomer
I'd say that's about right, the only one that looks like a splice is Gleal. Good job scratching Galeo's arms though.

Oh, and Garein needs more shading near the belly and neck area, and those lines on the wings or whatever you call them are pretty...bad looking. Maybe if you curved them, they would look better?

EDIT: 400 posts, yay?

2nd EDIT: Heres a splice I just finished:

M.K

Level 55
I'd say that's about right, the only one that looks like a splice is Gleal. Good job scratching Galeo's arms though.

Oh, and Garein needs more shading near the belly and neck area, and those lines on the wings or whatever you call them are pretty...bad looking. Maybe if you curved them, they would look better?

EDIT: 400 posts, yay?

2nd EDIT: Heres a splice I just finished:
Eh, nothing fits. The legs connect at an awkward place, and the fluffs just look tacked on.
Try fusing Pokemon with similar body parts before you try more complex sprites.

copying Zolga
Gibeal

Galeo

Walrichomp

^^ i know he has a messed up claw, cant fix it...

All splices
They don't look like splices. The parts that youdid add, you added poorly. Try making it look natural. The colors are...well, terrible. Recolor the outlines to a darker shade of blue and make it look more "sprite" and less "watercolor painting".

I cant help it if I think your funny when your mad
Eh, nothing fits. The legs connect at an awkward place, and the fluffs just look tacked on.
Try fusing Pokemon with similar body parts before you try more complex sprites.

They don't look like splices. The parts that youdid add, you added poorly. Try making it look natural. The colors are...well, terrible. Recolor the outlines to a darker shade of blue and make it look more "sprite" and less "watercolor painting".
LoL, i did that in like 15 mins, sorry if it was that bad

Mewter

Smash Master
Yeah it does look kinda funny. I think I'm going to took that hat off and edit it.

new ones:
(decided to try making the skin purple too)
Maybe with these you could try some variation of color. It looks too much like I'm playing a 1st Gen poke game. The sprite is all one color.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion

I don't think I pulled it off :( Didnt feel good the whole way through. Too much scratchin..

I need ideas. and i dont like my own lol.

EDIT: you know what. the more i look at him the cuter he is. so screw it. i like him.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
his right arm is supposed to be him holding his cheek.... and the other is just out.
meh. was a lame 1 anyway.

Mewter

Smash Master

I don't think I pulled it off :( Didnt feel good the whole way through. Too much scratchin..

I need ideas. and i dont like my own lol.
It's a nice concept, and has a good color scheme, but it looks a bit sloppy.
Overall, though, all I'd say is that it needs to be neater, and it will be one awesome sprite.
By the way, which is better, my new avi or the old one? This is my new one.
Any opinions?

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
It's a nice concept, and has a good color scheme, but it looks a bit sloppy.
Overall, though, all I'd say is that it needs to be neater, and it will be one awesome sprite.
By the way, which is better, my new avi or the old one? This is my new one.

Any opinions?
Needs a darker line for the mouth, otherwise your new one is better.

I have more posts then you mewter... lol

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
The one u hav now is betta mate! and how am i not getting requests? (self esteem drops)

<-- old one for comparisons sake.

That's electabuzz with the new d/p colours... i never fancied the r/s ones.

Top Bottom