• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
No, having female anatomy does not make you a worthy addition. As for great Western popularity, among actual people who played FE7, Hector and Eliwood are more popular. Most of the people who jumped on the Lyn bandwagon were simply hoping for another character to upskirt.
No, that is not the case. I am not saying that being female makes Lyn a worthy addition. The controversy over Lyn being an Assist Trophy is one thing that makes her a worthy addition. Eliwood has already received enough negative criticism. I have seen the polls indicating that your statement about the popularity comparison among the FE7 Lords is false. Most of the people who entered the Lyn bandwagon have a reason to have her in the game. Lyn's moveset is already in the Brawl game code. I am fed up with arguments against Lyn being playable in SSB4.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Bah. I'm just surprised how few people attack the Ice Climbers and frustrated at Sakurai claiming the game is "perfect". No game is ever perfect, and Brawl is far from it, with too many flaws to count.
Can't speak for everyone, but I don't attack the Ice Climbers because A) they're not that bad B) original character C) a good example that any game can have a possible rep except for Tetris or something. As for perfect games, Super Mario World. GG :p.

I find it hard to believe you truly can't understand what I'm talking about. I find it more likely you're just content with Brawl and are praising whatever's in it, and would've praised Mewtwo if he'd of made it in over any of the characters I stated.
Praising BRAWL!? HA! For from it, Brawl is one of the reasons why the Wii is Nintendo's worst system that's selling well.

But in any case, you've made your opinions clear, and obviously nobody's opinions are going to change here. Next topic: What do you think of K. Rool?
I'd play him.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Bah. I'm just surprised how few people attack the Ice Climbers and frustrated at Sakurai claiming the game is "perfect". No game is ever perfect, and Brawl is far from it, with too many flaws to count. Brawl is great, yes, but it had potetional to be so much more, mainly in online as well as the stage builder. 90% of the smash community would've preferred the development time for SSE went into more characters (Probably around 5, give or take) instead.

I find it hard to believe you truly can't understand what I'm talking about. I find it more likely you're just content with Brawl and are praising whatever's in it, and would've praised Mewtwo if he'd of made it in over any of the characters I stated.

In any case, I certainly don't see many other people here at the moment who are actually trying to give half decent reasoning for their characters of choice, I simply see "MASTER CHIEF LOL ROFL".
Are you talking to me here?

In any case, fans always will want something more and will not be totally satisfied.

I know what you were talking about earlier, but it is quite simply not true at all. Sakurai, care about tier list? Resounding NO.

And no, I don't think Brawl is perfect either. I'm not praising anything, what are you talking about?

We're way past that here on this here thread. Your speculation is just as good as anyone else's.

2000th post.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No, that is not the case. Eliwood has already received enough negative criticism. I have seen the polls indicating that Eliwood is not as popular Lyn or Hector. Most of the people who entered the Lyn bandwagon have a reason to have her in the game. I am fed up with arguments against Lyn being playable in SSB4.
You're hopeless.

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
You're hopeless.
Unless Fire Emblem is represented the way I would like, I will boycott SSB4, thus deeming it Brawl all over again. The same will go for future SSB games. One poll I seen at Fire Emblem Wikia indicates that Lyn is more popular than Eliwood among those who actually played FE7. I actually played FE7 myself.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
I thought Eliwood was awesome...

Also,

Excellent.
This. Honestly TZ, that is ridiculous. You're essentially saying IF SAHKOORYE DUZZENT MAEK TEH GAEM WIT MASTAH CHEEF I GUNNA MAEK TEH BOY-COTS LOLOLOLOL

I hope you were joking. Considering your sig though, I don't think you were joking.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
... if it's true that Sakurai did everything he could to PREVENT Brawl from being s competitive as melee..... he definately wouldn't have looked at the tier lists.. not positively haha

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
A couple pages back there was something about Master Chief that made me facepalm, which is what I was referring to.

Sakurai doesn't care about the tier list, but it's his doing. It's unintentional, but he creates it whether he wants to or not. He makes some characters better then others, which affects their popularity a surprising amount.

Sorry if I offended you.

Lyn will be a thing of the past by SSB4, there'll be a new FE game with a new FE Lord. As I said earlier, it's a lock for SSB4 that there will be a new lord from the most recent game, it only won't happen if the game is simply TERRIBLE. Sadly, this also applies for Roy, and while I'm no fan of him, he doesn't have as many reasons to hate him as Marth and Ike. (Marth's top/very high tier in melee and brawl, while Ike is abused by the noobs.) I find it doubtful FE will get more then 3 reps, so if the new FE lord gets in while Ike returns, all the slots are used up.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Unless Fire Emblem is represented the way I would like, I will boycott SSB4, thus deeming it Brawl all over again. The same will go for future SSB games. One poll I seen at Fire Emblem Wikia indicates that Lyn is more popular than Eliwood among those who actually played FE7. I actually played FE7 myself.
Too bad, Lyn is disliked by Japan, where FE gets it's mayor support. I'm neutral with her. Don't care.

Eliwood over Lyn? Yeah, but only if Roy doesn't makes it for SSB4. Or maybe both won't do it.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Sakurai doesn't care about the tier list, but it's his doing. It's unintentional, but he creates it whether he wants to or not. He makes some characters better then others, which affects their popularity a surprising amount.
Not really. Fighting games can never be perfectly balanced. The population that creates tier lists takes the most advantage out of this imbalance and usually exploits it. Other physics exploits that can be utilized by certain characters can also heavily impact a tier list. You can't say that Sakurai intended for that to happen.

No hard feelings by the way.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh, and Wolf is a furry. +reps for that.

The 'ZOMG A GURL!11' argument is stupid. Characters either deserve it, or they don't.
Actually, Wolf isn't a furry. He's an anthro. An anthro cannot be a furry. A furry is a person who has a somewhat unhealthy (in the least extreme way) obsession with anthros.

I question the whole "deserving" aspect that that everyone pushes. If that was the case we would've gotten these in:

Captain Maple Syrup - First human and recurring villainess for Nintendo.
K. Rool - The official villain for the DK series.
Ridley - Samus' archnemesis and practically set the Metroid series' events into motion.
Lip - Comes from Nintendo's first ongoing puzzle series that wasn't a spin-off game/series.
Tom Nook - Represents the successful Animal Crossing series.
Sukapon - Was the star of Nintendo's first true fighting game.

And those are just a couple that come to mind.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
That's what he said, flyinfilipino. He creates it unintentionally, due to the fact that there cannot be true balance.

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
A couple pages back there was something about Master Chief that made me facepalm, which is what I was referring to.

Sorry if I offended you.

Lyn will be a thing of the past by SSB4, there'll be a new FE game with a new FE Lord. As I said earlier, it's a lock for SSB4 that there will be a new lord from the most recent game, it only won't happen if the game is simply TERRIBLE. Sadly, this also applies for Roy, and while I'm no fan of him, he doesn't have as many reasons to hate him as Marth and Ike. (Marth's top/very high tier in melee and brawl, while Ike is abused by the noobs.) I find it doubtful FE will get more then 3 reps, so if the new FE lord gets in while Ike returns, all the slots are used up.
No, Lyn will never be forgotten, as FE7 is the first Fire Emblem game to be released in the U.S. The new Fire Emblem Lord will not come until after launch of SSB4's platform. The Fire Emblem games released between Brawl and SSBB will be remakes of Japan-only Fire Emblem games. It IS a lock that Fire Emblem will sell well enough to get 4 representatives. Again, unless Fire Emblem is represented the way I want, I will boycott SSB4 just as I have boycotted Brawl. The downloadable content feature or WiiConnect feature for additional content is also a lock, despite darkserenade's comments. Lyn was liked by Sakurai, and several others in Japan. Her moveset was in the Brawl code.

Like KumaOso, I also believe that the "deserving" aspect has been abused by many users on this board. I am not like those people.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
your stupidity and stubborness is over whelming.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Without a doubt, the worse evidence I've ever seen used in an argument.

Seriously, explain how Lyndis is so much more deserving than other FE reps? She's not the most popular, she's not in the most games, she's not really the main icon of her own game... I could go on and on, but you obviously have lost all credibility.

No, Lyn will never be forgotten, as FE7 is the first Fire Emblem game to be released in the U.S.

And this matters to good old Japan... How?

The new Fire Emblem Lord will not come until after launch of SSB4's platform.
I love how you have no evidence for this.

The Fire Emblem games released between Brawl and SSBB will be remakes of Japan-only Fire Emblem games.
First of all, how do you know this? Second of all, you might want to replace the last B with a 4.

It IS a lock that Fire Emblem will sell well enough to get 4 representatives.
Just like how it was a lock that Pokemon would get more reps than Zelda in melee... Oh wait, that's not what happened, despite Pokemon selling over twice as many units. Same with Mario, which sold EVEN MORE THAN POKEMON.

Again, unless Fire Emblem is represented the way I want, I will boycott SSB4 just as I have boycotted Brawl.
I hope you and your non-existent helpers have a fun time.

The downloadable content feature or WiiConnect feature for additional content is also a lock, despite darkserenade's comments. Lyn was liked by Sakurai, and several others in Japan. Her moveset was in the Brawl code.
Evidence required. As far as I can tell, a one hit AT is not a moveset. Siguard was better liked by Sakurai, anyway.

Like KumaOso, I also believe that the "deserving" aspect has been abused by many users on this board. I am not like those people.
No, you're just someone who believes that all the reps should go to his favorite series, and no others.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Seriously, explain how Lyndis is so much more deserving than other FE reps? She's not the most popular, she's not in the most games, she's not really the main character in her own game... I could go on and on, but you obviously have lost all credibility.
Honestly, this. It was more of Eliwood's game, with some Hector thrown in and just a bit of Lyn. That said, Eliwood was cool, Hector was badass, and Lyn... I didn't like her at all.

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
Without a doubt, the worse evidence I've ever seen used in an argument.

Seriously, explain how Lyndis is so much more deserving than other FE reps? She's not the most popular, she's not in the most games, she's not really the main character in her own game... I could go on and on, but you obviously have lost all credibility.
KumaOso has pointed out that the "deserving" aspect has been abused by people like you. I have seen polls, such as at Fire Emblem Wikia, that Lyn is more popular than the other Elibe Lords, but not most other Lords. I have seen how many were disappointing about Lyn being an Assist Trophy rather than a playable character, a reason why I have boycotted Brawl.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Honestly, this. It was more of Eliwood's game, with some Hector thrown in and just a bit of Lyn. That said, Eliwood was cool, Hector was badass, amd Lyn... I didn't like her at all.
It IS Eliwood's game. The game's Japanese subtitle is named after the sword Eliwood gets.

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
It IS Eliwood's game. The game's Japanese subtitle is named after rthe sword Eliwood gets.
Eliwood is too similar to Roy, whose game is not too popular. Eliwood appeared in Brawl only as a Sticker, while Lyn appeared as an Assist Trophy as well as a regular trophy. Eliwood would also be a clone of Marth if he were to appear in SSB. If SSB4 were to go by the speculations that most at this board post, it will be a terrible game.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Lyndis' one shot at the big time was Brawl. She was, as some call it, a "now or never" character. Had Lucario not gotten in Brawl, he'd of never been in a smash game, as the fifth gen of Pokemon will be out when it's time for SSB4 character selections, so he was a "now or never" character for Brawl. Several characters have fallen victim to this syndrome, one of the more likely ones being Isaac for Brawl. Unless a third Golden Sun game is accounced, Isaac has little chance of being in SSB4, though he had major support for Brawl, thus being a "now or never" character. Lyndis was like Isaac, only even less likely for Brawl and no chance of another game spawning with her in it.

Boycotts won't affect anything. They have enough sales already, you not being a copy won't make much difference, and I doubt there are many willing to join you, much less any who care who don't already have a copy of Brawl. Also, I'd LOVE to see your proof that Lyn's moveset was in the coding.

If you really want to help Lyn, try to get them to make a sequel made to FE7, then we'll talk.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
KumaOso has pointed out that the "deserving" aspect has been abused by people like you. I have seen polls, such as at Fire Emblem Wikia, that Lyn is more popular than the other Elibe Lords, but not most other Lords. I have seen how many were disappointing about Lyn being an Assist Trophy rather than a playable character, a reason why I have boycotted Brawl.
The "deserving" aspect? You mean where we decide that main characters get first pick instead of side-characters? No offense (Well actually, all offense meant), but putting Lyn in Brawl without putting Eliwood in is like putting in Falco before Fox.

Eliwood is too similar to Roy, whose game is not too popular.
Hey, guess what? No one cares other than you!

Eliwood appeared in Brawl only as a Sticker, while Lyn appeared as an Assist Trophy as well as a regular trophy.
And? The only reason she got more was because her fanboys are louder. Remember the old days when they insisted she would be the character, and not, say, someone important?

Eliwood would also be a clone of Marth if he were to appear in SSB.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! No, seriously, that was the funniest thing I've heard you say.

If SSB4 were to go by the speculations that most at this board post, it will be a terrible game.
How about you get on with your game, Super Smash Bros FE?

lyn's sudden popularity may have been because of her appearence as an AT. Im and 100% sure if any other lord were put in as a and AT their popularity would skyrocket as well. The point is lyn ain't popular cause of her role in the fire emblem series, but because of her appearence in the smash series.

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
The "deserving" aspect? You mean where we decide that main characters get first pick instead of side-characters? No offense (Well actually, all offense meant), but putting Lyn in Brawl without putting Eliwood in is like putting in Falco before Fox.
No, that is the case between Ayra and Sigurd, not Lyndis and Eliwood. Lyndis was initially played without Eliwood, who came later. Eliwood appeared as a Sticker, while Lyndis appeared as a Assist Trophy. Lyn can appear without Eliwood, and Eliwood is most likely going to be a clone or semiclone of Marth. Lyn played a very major role in the Fire Emblem series, uttering a ton of dialogue. Lyn is not my favorite Nintendo character; Ayra from the Japan-only FE4 is. I rejected Brawl because I liked Lyn more than Marth and Ike.

I originally campaigned for Ayra to be in Brawl, but I am not expecting her to be in SSB4, unless Lip is going to be in it. Sigurd would have to get in if Ayra is going to get in.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Lyndis' one shot at the big time was Brawl. She was, as some call it, a "now or never" character. Had Lucario not gotten in Brawl, he'd of never been in a smash game, as the fifth gen of Pokemon will be out when it's time for SSB4 character selections, so he was a "now or never" character for Brawl. Several characters have fallen victim to this syndrome, one of the more likely ones being Isaac for Brawl. Unless a third Golden Sun game is accounced, Isaac has little chance of being in SSB4, though he had major support for Brawl, thus being a "now or never" character. Lyndis was like Isaac, only even less likely for Brawl and no chance of another game spawning with her in it.

Boycotts won't affect anything. They have enough sales already, you not being a copy won't make much difference, and I doubt there are many willing to join you, much less any who care who don't already have a copy of Brawl. Also, I'd LOVE to see your proof that Lyn's moveset was in the coding.

If you really want to help Lyn, try to get them to make a sequel made to FE7, then we'll talk.
There was a sequel to FE7, it was Sword of Seals (though it was released prior to FE7) and Lyn was not mentioned in it (showing how little significance she has to the Elibe arc).

Also, I see that you quoted my "now or never" theory. I am pleased. :)

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
No, that is the case between Ayra and Sigurd, not Lyndis and Eliwood. Lyndis was initially played without Eliwood, who came later. Eliwood appeared as a Sticker, while Lyndis appeared as a Assist Trophy. Lyn can appear without Eliwood, and Eliwood is most likely going to be a clone or semiclone of Marth.

Did you just say Eliwood wasn't the main character, because Lyndis was played first?

And once again, you crossed the line.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
hemightbegiant said:
Bold face on the not; tier list in quotation marks; profanity; mean to competitive scene? No offense, did I pop a nerve or something?
...Possibly.

I don't think I actually was angry when I typed that, but maybe my subconscious was acting up or something. I'm firmly of the camp that looks at the Brawl-haters and gives a resounding "wtf" before turning away and playing the best local multiplayer game ever created, bar none.

I was talking about the claims that Mewtwo was cut due to being on the bottom of the tier list. In Brawl, Sakurai tried to balance everyone (even he must have noticed Sheik and Marth), why would he cut the idea of the "worst" character if he tired to destroy the idea of the "best" character, and made a lot of Melee's "best" worse and "worst" better?
Yeah, he doesn't care about tiers, any way you look at it. Mewtwo's removal had nothing to do with that.

ChronoBound said:
No, having female anatomy does not make you a worthy addition.
O RLY?

No, that is the case between Ayra and Sigurd, not Lyndis and Eliwood. Lyndis was initially played without Eliwood, who came later. Eliwood appeared as a Sticker, while Lyndis appeared as a Assist Trophy. Lyn can appear without Eliwood, and Eliwood is most likely going to be a clone or semiclone of Marth.
so lets see by your logic, because lyn was an assist trophy shes a shoe-in for the next game? So that means nintendogs mr. resetti and andross will all be playable too right? Cause if not im totally boycotting smash cause im not getting exactly what i want!!

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
so lets see by your logic, because lyn was an assist trophy shes a shoe-in for the next game? So that means nintendogs mr. resetti and andross will all be playable too right? Cause if not im totally boycotting smash cause im not getting exactly what i want!!
No, Lyn is a shoe-in for SSB4 because her status as an Assist Trophy sparked controversy, and many expected her to be playable in Brawl. Nintendogs, Mr. Resetti, and Andross were never expected to be playable in Brawl, so they are not a shoe-in for SSB4. I will boycott SSB4 unless Fire Emblem is represented like I would want. There are Fire Emblem characters I like more than Lyn, most FE4 characters like Sigurd and especially Ayra (my favorite Nintendo character).

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
No, Lyn is a shoe-in for SSB4 because her status as an Assist Trophy sparked controversy,
Deoxys, Goroh, Nook, and Devil say hi.

and many expected her to be playable in Brawl. Nintendogs, Mr. Resetti, and Andross were never expected to be playable in Brawl,
Only complete loons.

so they are not a shoe-in for SSB4. I will boycott SSB4 unless Fire Emblem is represented like I would want. There are Fire Emblem characters I like more than Lyn, most FE4 characters like Sigurd and especially Ayra (my favorite Nintendo character).
The above part shows the problem.

I will boycott SSB4 unless Rundas makes an appearance!:mad:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
No, Lyn is a shoe-in for SSB4 because her status as an Assist Trophy sparked controversy, and many expected her to be playable in Brawl. Nintendogs, Mr. Resetti, and Andross were never expected to be playable in Brawl, so they are not a shoe-in for SSB4. I will boycott SSB4 unless Fire Emblem is represented like I would want. There are Fire Emblem characters I like more than Lyn, most FE4 characters like Sigurd and especially Ayra (my favorite Nintendo character).
Nobody, and I mean nobody, cares if you boycott Smash or not.

Hold on while I find that guy who was terribly upset that Waluigi was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, I have to tell him that Waluigi is a shoe-in for SSB4.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
So... any character that sparked controversy as an Assist Trophy is gonna be playable in SSB4? Ok, well then I suppose that mean that Samurai Goroh, Little Mac, Grey Fox, Shadow, and Waluigi are gonna definitely be playable? And why not get the Poke Balls in here, no use discriminating against Pokemon. Gardevoir, Deoxys, Munchlax, and Meowth are all gonna be playable too. Hooray!

And that's not even a full list. I'm sure some controversy was sparked for most Assist Trophies. Resetti even comes to mind.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
So FE7 was a prequel to FE6? Sorry, Tedius, your only chance of Lyn being in SSB4 just bombed, as Lyn can't be in any future games to make her actually important. Sorry that ZSS wasn't satisfactory for you getting your jollies in Brawl, as I really don't see how someone could be so attached to Lyndis otherwise, seeing how incredibly obscure she is.

K. Rool was my most wanted character, and now that he's cut, Mewtwo's my second. They're not in, and they're FAR more deserving then Lyndis, do you see my boycotting Brawl? At least we did get four truly deserving characters in Brawl, even if they should've been in Melee, in Wario, Diddy, Dedede and Meta Knight, along with the third parties. (Seriously, if you take away those six characters, the game would be terrible.) Ganondorf, my favorite next to K. Rool, was made into a mockery at bottom tier and still has no sword. That's something worthy of outrage, and I'm angry about it, but all you're doing is depriving yourself of a otherwise good game by boycotting it. It won't affect anything, and nobody will follow your "example".

I knew I heard the now or never concept from somewhere, chrono, makes sense it was you. :)

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
At least we did get four truly deserving characters in Brawl, even if they should've been in Melee, in Wario, Diddy, Dedede and Meta Knight, along with the third parties. (Seriously, if you take away those six characters, the game would be terrible.)
*Cough* Olimar *Cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom