• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
It used to. Also, you seem to forget that Ice makes people very heavy and not smashable. Sure, you can fire that Charge Shot, but you'll barely nudge them and do only half the damage.

EDIT: Indeed. Metroid Prime is my favourite Sci-Fi :D
They usually break out instantly if they're at lower percentages, which you can either beat down on them or wait for them to pop out and smash them at higher percentages, but at early percentages, like sixty, a charge shot can kill as soon as they immediately break out. The Ice Shot would just add more damage as well, setting it up perfectly.

Edit: Realized I didn't specify what kind of ice attack. I was referring to something a little longer than Ice Climber's Blizzard to where they break out fast, rather than the actual Icy item, but as their percent goes up, they are caged in.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Samus getting nerfed makes perfect sense because Sakurai pays zero attention to character balance.

Why are you lot still posting in this topic? This is what the social group is for. We left because of the people in this topic.
Because you should still mingle with the masses regardless. Even though some people in this thread have posted posts that make me want to puke blood from the sheer amount of stupidity gushing from them, they are still part of the Smash community and deserve to have their opinions heard (even if some of the said opinions make you want to slam your face into a wall over and over again and cry yourself to sleep for a week).

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I think quite a few of the Assist trophies should be made into characters, like Saki, Isaac, etc.

I had a neat little idea for the pokeball pokemon.
At the start of the game, you only have access to Torchic, Piplup and Chikorita. When you play on any Pokemon stage except for Pokemon Stadium (so there would have to be a good few other Pokemon stages), random pokemon will appear, doing their thing randomly. If you hit them with a pokeball, you catch them and it's saved into the system data, like trophies. If you throw a pokeball and it hits anything else, as usual, a pokemon come out.
That would be awesome but would probably never happen =(

Scott!

Smash Lord
I think quite a few of the Assist trophies should be made into characters, like Saki, Isaac, etc.

I had a neat little idea for the pokeball pokemon.
At the start of the game, you only have access to Torchic, Piplup and Chikorita. When you play on any Pokemon stage except for Pokemon Stadium (so there would have to be a good few other Pokemon stages), random pokemon will appear, doing their thing randomly. If you hit them with a pokeball, you catch them and it's saved into the system data, like trophies. If you throw a pokeball and it hits anything else, as usual, a pokemon come out.
That would be awesome but would probably never happen =(
Actually, taking off from there, though in a different direction, that could be turned into a pretty sweet event match. You play as maybe anyone, or perhaps only as a pokemon of choice. All of the different pokemon available in the game appear on a pokemon stadium stage, one, two, then eventually three or four at a time. Pokeball items spawn randomly, but regularly and fairly quickly. You have to hit each pokemon with a pokeball to capture it. If you miss, the pokeball disappears. More pokemon show up to replace the caught ones, and they get harder, until you face the legendaries. That would be epic.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
^Just like I said, giving more reps. than Mario is like a sin to Nintendo!
I'm surprised Sakurai didn't get fired for showing Petty blast him in the subspace :/...
And guaranteed every race in Sonic & MArio @ Olympic games is rigged so Mario wins... :/P

Haha, but seriously, I think Yoshi is deserving of his/her own 'symbol'. (his egg, mario's mushroom, etc.) I say this because in some of the Yoshi's Island games, Mario is actually a guest star/ NOT the main character. If Mario plays second fiddle, whoever he is playing to deserves their own game. Its practically law. Not really but still...
And you've got a point about Waluigi... And you mean he doesn't appear in any WarioWare games/?
Luigi also had luigi's mansion and with wat u said he should have had his own symbol as well but this doesnt apply...its not really a matter of who stars in the game....it should mainly be categories by universe, for example mario has yoshi, wario and perhaps donkey kong as well in his category cause most of these characters appear in his games as well...yes they do have games of their own but it doesnt neccesarily mean that they deserve a different category.....i mean DK series = 2 reps, Wario series= 1 rep, Yoshi series= 1 rep....these are really small amounts of reps for these series and since they could be fine in mario series sorting them there would make more sense as to comparing reps with other series like zelda, metroid pokemon or pikmin...besides Yoshi/Wario/DK appear in mario parties and mario karts, mario sports etc....they belong to the same universe with just further customized sub-series of their own

Actually, taking off from there, though in a different direction, that could be turned into a pretty sweet event match. You play as maybe anyone, or perhaps only as a pokemon of choice. All of the different pokemon available in the game appear on a pokemon stadium stage, one, two, then eventually three or four at a time. Pokeball items spawn randomly, but regularly and fairly quickly. You have to hit each pokemon with a pokeball to capture it. If you miss, the pokeball disappears. More pokemon show up to replace the caught ones, and they get harder, until you face the legendaries. That would be epic.
^
^
^
Supported

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Well, they have Coin Launcher, right? Well, keep that. Then make one specifically for stickers, called Coin Stamper.

Now, we have the coup de grace: Coin Catcher. For the first minute, "wild" weak Pokemon fly around the stage. You play as Pokemon Trainer HIMSELF, running around. You press B to spend 5 coins to pull out a Pokeball and try to catch the Pokemon. After 1 minute, a legendary appears, and you switch to Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard. You have 3 stocks. The first Legendary is a weak Legendary, like...Latias/Latios/Suicune/Raikou/Entei/Zapdos/Regice/etc. Once your Pokemon faints, you lose it. The Legendary has 150 HP, and Poke Balls will spawn. The lower its HP, the higher chance of catching the Legendary. For each time you hit it with a Poke Ball, it costs 5 coins. If you knock it out, you go back to a 1-minute phase of wilds. After that, you fight a Strong Legendary (Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Giratina, Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai, Cresselia, Heatran, etc.). This one has 200 HP. After that, another minute of wild Pokemon, then you fight a Rare Legendary (Mew, Jirachi, Celebi, Shaymin, Deoxys, Arceus). This has 300 HP. After this, the cycle goes back to Weak Legendary. Once you lose all 3 stocks, or fail to catch a certain amount of Wild Pokemon per phase, you lose.

Song order: Wild Pokemon Battle! (Ruby/Sapphire) [1st Wild], Team Galactic Battle! [1st Legendary], Wild Pokemon Battle! (Diamond/Pearl) [2nd Wild], Victory Road [2nd Legendary], Battle Theme (Melee) [3rd Wild], Dialga/Palkia Battle at Spear Pillar! [3rd Legendary].

gantrain05

Smash Master
Luigi also had luigi's mansion and with wat u said he should have had his own symbol as well but this doesnt apply...its not really a matter of who stars in the game....it should mainly be categories by universe, for example mario has yoshi, wario and perhaps donkey kong as well in his category cause most of these characters appear in his games as well...yes they do have games of their own but it doesnt neccesarily mean that they deserve a different category.....i mean DK series = 2 reps, Wario series= 1 rep, Yoshi series= 1 rep....these are really small amounts of reps for these series and since they could be fine in mario series sorting them there would make more sense as to comparing reps with other series like zelda, metroid pokemon or pikmin...besides Yoshi/Wario/DK appear in mario parties and mario karts, mario sports etc....they belong to the same universe with just further customized sub-series of their own

^
^
^
Supported
actually mario guest starred on Donkey kong which was made before mario bros. so everything is a sub-series of donkey kong lol.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I'm suprised no one said "HEY PUT SORA IN FROM KINGDOM HEARTS CAUSE HE WAS IN CHAIN OF MEMORIES!"
It's cause we made all those fanboys stfu. :bee:
Anyways, is Mario RPG good? I bought it trying to see what the big deal with Geno was, but I couldn't even go through an hour without being bored. The only fun I had there was battling some bosses.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Not have a Subspace Emissairy or any equivalent, since more characters and alternate costumes would be way better.

I would like Krystal, Wario Land Wario (to replace Warioware Wario), Tingle, and an AC rep.

Some limit to grabbing edges without going back to solid ground would be neat as well.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
We need LOTS more characters :bee: one thing I've ALWAYS wanted in Smash is lots and lots and lots of characters. Any and all good ideas for characters would be in the game. I don't want any of this clone or sub-clone BS, either >.> I'm sure that if they would really do a lot of listening to the fanbase, they would actually find the ideas for a whole bunch of characters relatively quickly.

There should be a few more third party characters, too. Add in a character or two from Final Fantasy ;) Again, listening to the fanbase would make ideas easier to come up with.

Overall, I'd like about 100 characters in SSB4. Yes, 100 characters. You all might find me totally flipping nuts, but 100 characters would be AMAZING imo.

We also need to do this to Sakurai:

:smiliegor

and get a new guy who will keep in everything that people like about Smash games...maybe someone who will add in L-cancelling and wavedashing...? Someone who MUST get rid of tripping...or he'll get a taste of the above smilie.

amirite?

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
We need LOTS more characters :bee: one thing I've ALWAYS wanted in Smash is lots and lots and lots of characters. Any and all good ideas for characters would be in the game. There should be a few more third party characters, too...overall, I'd like about 100 characters in SSB4. You all might find me totally flipping nuts, but 100 characters would be AMAZING imo.

We also need to do this to Sakurai:

:smiliegor

and get a new guy who will keep in everything that people like about Smash games...maybe someone who will add in L-cancelling and wavedashing...? Someone who MUST get rid of tripping...or he'll get a taste of the above smilie.

amirite?

Sakurai does not deserve this. He put in things that he thought would win over the SSB Audience, but of course fanboys like you are not content with anything that isn't Melee.

We do not however, need tripping. And, if we do ANYTHING to classic stages, we need to make them bigger, so they accomodate to the character sizes (Green Greens was a little cramped in Brawl don't you think)

One last thing, we need to add L-canceling, and wavedashing so these fanboys can shut up.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Something tells me you really don't care about any of that....
Well, I didn't discover competitive Melee and its aspects until Brawl was about to come out, so part of me wants to try out those techs and such...in a game that isn't, well...kind of dead on a large competitive scale now.

And also, on the laser smilie...tripping is made of so much epic fail...literally adding luck into the game that can't be removed without hacks. Even if hacked Brawl became popular, it would have a much smaller tournament scene due to the lack of people who actually have hacked Wiis to practice on.

Also, this vvv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAK1mgIIPqY

People shouldn't be losing stocks over things like that.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Well, I didn't discover competitive Melee and its aspects until Brawl was about to come out, so part of me wants to try out those techs and such...in a game that isn't, well...kind of dead on a large competitive scale now.

And also, on the laser smilie...tripping is made of so much epic fail...literally adding luck into the game that can't be removed without hacks. Even if hacked Brawl became popular, it would have a much smaller tournament scene due to the lack of people who actually have hacked Wiis to practice on.

Also, this vvv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAK1mgIIPqY

People shouldn't be losing stocks over things like that.
That happens like what, once every couple years?
Sakurai doesn't deserved to be killed. He doesn't deserve to be fired as of right now, either.
He made a GREAT game. It's just that people compare it too much to Melee which is a completely different game.
And you want to add Final Fantasy characters?
Yeah...
At least Brawl Taunts did get one thing right.
Final Fantasy in SSB would suck very much.
You will also get no one who will keep Wavedashing and L-canceling. If so, the chances are unbelievably slim.
Many 3rd party characters are a no-no. Then people will start wanting Master Chief in SSB again where HE DOESN'T FREAKING BELONG!
Snake himself doesn't belong in SSB, but he's already there, so let's not ***** about that.
Also, a hundred characters?
Please, find SOME reason. Don't be like all the hundred others at Smashboards that decide to hate Brawl just because it isn't comptitive. *coughmeleecough*

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Someone should host a SSB64 tournament at their house. Could bring in a lot of money. You'll be rich. Unless you think people don't play this game anymore. The online tournaments are stupid.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
If you think about it, nobody really belongs.

And am I the only competitive player that loved the SSE? Jeez. I know it was similar to Kirby, but that's what made it cool. I loved The Great Maze. The whole thing is amazing. And I want a Shadow Bug item that summons a SSE minion.

Nsuln

Smash Rookie
First, no more broken characters...cough...Metaknight..cough
Second, Yoshi no longer bottom tier
Third, more fire emblem characters Lyn playable, Eliwood, Lilina (really need her to show the magic side of FE), and Roy back
Fourth, Golden sun characters.... nuff said
Firth, Mega Man "X" and Dark Samus
Sixth, Spartan 117 and 087

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
That happens like what, once every couple years?
Sakurai doesn't deserved to be killed. He doesn't deserve to be fired as of right now, either.
He made a GREAT game. It's just that people compare it too much to Melee which is a completely different game.
And you want to add Final Fantasy characters?
Yeah...
At least Brawl Taunts did get one thing right.
Final Fantasy in SSB would suck very much.
You will also get no one who will keep Wavedashing and L-canceling. If so, the chances are unbelievably slim.
Many 3rd party characters are a no-no. Then people will start wanting Master Chief in SSB again where HE DOESN'T FREAKING BELONG!
Snake himself doesn't belong in SSB, but he's already there, so let's not ***** about that.
Also, a hundred characters?
Please, find SOME reason. Don't be like all the hundred others at Smashboards that decide to hate Brawl just because it isn't comptitive. *coughmeleecough*
~Lol, I didn't mean for that to come across as me wanting Sakurai to die. However, I do want him to not be the head hancho on the SSB4 project (if there is one). While I do enjoy Brawl, it being a Smash game, I feel that it could have been more than it is. Also, that laser smilie was meant to convey my second sentence in this bullet in a comical way. I, obviously, should not have chosen that smilie, though.

~About third party characters...we already crossed the line with Snake and Sonic, so that boundary is gone. If my memory serves me correctly, Soul Calibur introduced Link as a third party character of sorts (Nintendo character in a non-Nintendo fighting game, obviously). He didn't belong in the game all that much. All of his gadgets and such (the whole boomerang and bomb business) didn't fit well in that game. I look at the occasional third party character as an enrichment of the fighting game. Anyways, a game with lots of third parties would make us forget about the fact that it is a Nintendo game. I'd just want about 2...maybe 3 more in a 100 character game.

~There are tons of people playing Brawl who are trying to leave no stone unturned in their search for AT's, strategies, etc. that will make their characters more competitive. You should realize that while there are lots of diehard Melee fans who shun Brawl because it is competitively inferior, there are also people who seek to make Brawl competitive. Also, yes, most people on SmashBoards enjoy the competitive aspect of Smash. That's why most of us are on the SmashBoards...to gain knowledge pertaining to the competitive scene. If you don't like that, then you'll kinda have to live with it because, well...it's what we come here for. =\

*By the way, this is a place where people come to share their opinions. If you don't like my opinions, that's fine. You don't need to get all worked up to disagree with my opinions. We don't even know if there will be a SSB4, so we're just throwing out our opinions and ideas right now. There's no need to get so upset about my opinions.

Oh, almost forgot to comment on this quote:

Linkshot said:

And am I the only competitive player that loved the SSE? Jeez. I know it was similar to Kirby, but that's what made it cool. I loved The Great Maze. The whole thing is amazing. And I want a Shadow Bug item that summons a SSE minion.
You are not alone. I enjoyed SSE, too :p It would get a pwn/10 rating if it had a more comprehensible plot with talking characters, though =\

blayde_axel

Smash Master

Oh, I loved SSE. Then again, I love the Kirby series. Just too bad it didn't really last too long after the weekend-straight game run.

gantrain05

Smash Master
First, no more broken characters...cough...Metaknight..cough
Second, Yoshi no longer bottom tier
Third, more fire emblem characters Lyn playable, Eliwood, Lilina (really need her to show the magic side of FE), and Roy back
Fourth, Golden sun characters.... nuff said
Firth, Mega Man "X" and Dark Samus
Sixth, Spartan 117 and 087
how about classic megaman, the X series blows.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
i think 3rd party characters are ruining the smash bros series... it should be a nintendo only game.

and i dont want much more characters. i dont want smash bros to end up like the dbz series lol.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
i think 3rd party characters are ruining the smash bros series... it should be a nintendo only game.

and i dont want much more characters. i dont want smash bros to end up like the dbz series lol.
Really? Let's all listen to Mr. Threepost /sarcasm

Anyway, it should NOT be a Nintendo only game. While I do understand the need for third party characters, I don't want them to go overboard

As far as your DBZ comment :confused: DBZ has sagas, with different bad guys for each one, while the hero roster is relatively constant. SSB is in a way kind of like DBZ already. We have the original saga, the Melee saga, and the Brawl saga, all of which have the "perfect attendance crew" but their are some new faces in each "saga"

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
What do you think the title for the next smash game should be. Since many of you thinks Generation is a bad title. I think it should be.

Super Smash Bros. Riot

or

Super Smash Bros. Mayhem

or maybe

Super Smash Bros. Ruction

Who knows.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
The title will probably have something to do with fight.
SSB Paunch! would be sweet though.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
The title will probably have something to do with fight.
SSB Paunch! would be sweet though.
I try thinking of a good fight title, but I can't think of any. I only know Melee, Brawl, but none else. What other ones could there be, since there was Melee, and then Brawl.

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
Should just name it SSB4 anyway for some changes
There foremost needs to be dedicated servers for Tournament Style play, Casual play, and then the same for teams.

They need to bring back all the characters.
They need to keep the character roster to that of nintendo characters ONLY
They should add Krystal (from starfox)
They really need to stop adding pokemon.
Tripping is the stupidest thing Sakurai could ever think of. Doesn't he know people play this game for bragging rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom