• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I've never played Megaman (except for X3 and a couple of minutes on a Zero game for the GBA), but I want him to get in the next game.
Although it won't beat the feeling I had when I saw Snake in the E3 2006 trailer.
I was in shock, then laughed for a bit, then realised he could be a good character.
I'd like to see more classic characters such as Lip, Donbe and Hikari, Balloon Fighter, Takamura, Stanley etc.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Couple things I want to see in the next Smash...

I really hope they take a look back at Melee and see why it was the best selling game on the Gamecube. Make the next Smash fun for both casual and competitive players, something Melee accomplished with flying colors. If Nintendo really insists in keeping Brawl's watered down gameplay then I hope to see default and competitive settings (things like histun, shieldstun, analog shielding, no auto-sweetspot ledges). There's no reason to try to alienate one group when you can please both so easily.

No more Smash Ball, add a super gauge. So simple, take out the random luck factor while having wicked Final Smashes still available. With a super gauge you can also have different Final Smash levels for more variety. Of course make Final Smashes altogether optional.

Get rid of all those restrictions like 3 minutes for replays and pause camera restrictions. Have an online Smash server where we can send our screenshots (and possibly replays) like Bungie.net does for Halo.

Better online gaming. People should be able to host public games with their own personal settings that people can find and join by entering in their own game search settings. Have a quick match option for people that just want to jump into a game. No more friend codes. Voice chat. A party system and lobby for players to get together pre-game. Do something about the lag.

More options in stage builder. Allow them to be played online. Let us search online in game and on the web for levels and download them.

New and old characters, Bring some newcomers like Mega Man (Classic or X) and Ridley (I don't care if you have to shrink him), bring back some oldies like Mewtwo all revamped and kickass, and Dr. Mario and Roy can be clone alternate costumes for Mario and Marth. Declone Ganon. Seriously, it's ******** that his moves are based on C. Falcon.

New stages of course with some old favorites. Hold a poll on the Smash Bros site or something, see what the fans want back.

Assuming SSB4 will be on a new Nintendo console, I think it's time to finally retire the GCN controller we've all grown to love. But still give us multiple controller options if the next console is just going to be a Wii 2.0. Give us a new traditional gamepad, ditch the current Classic controller and do better.

Coroxive

Smash Cadet
I actually agree with you on this one. Sothe would be a unique character and someone I would enjoy to play as. But like Rh1thmz said, what would be his up b?
Probably something along the lines of Marth's and Roy's Up + B, where he has his dagger in hand and jumps up super high, cutting any one who gets in his way.

Coroxive

Smash Cadet
Couple things I want to see in the next Smash...

I really hope they take a look back at Melee and see why it was the best selling game on the Gamecube. Make the next Smash fun for both casual and competitive players, something Melee accomplished with flying colors. If Nintendo really insists in keeping Brawl's watered down gameplay then I hope to see default and competitive settings (things like histun, shieldstun, analog shielding, no auto-sweetspot ledges). There's no reason to try to alienate one group when you can please both so easily.
I agree on this one :)

No more Smash Ball, add a super gauge. So simple, take out the random luck factor while having wicked Final Smashes still available. With a super gauge you can also have different Final Smash levels for more variety. Of course make Final Smashes altogether optional.
That would be both interesting and cool. I wish for one that ANY StarFox representative in the next game WON'T have any Landmaster's; they're pretty cheap. And as for Sonic, how 'bout him turning into that werewolf thing that he does in Sonic Unleashed? That seems a bit more fair than that "Super Sonic" coughcoughcheapcoughcough.

Get rid of all those restrictions like 3 minutes for replays and pause camera restrictions. Have an online Smash server where we can send our screenshots (and possibly replays) like Bungie.net does for Halo.
Agreed

Better online gaming. People should be able to host public games with their own personal settings that people can find and join by entering in their own game search settings. Have a quick match option for people that just want to jump into a game. No more friend codes. Voice chat. A party system and lobby for players to get together pre-game. Do something about the lag.
Wait-get rid of the lag? Are you serious? Not to be offensive here, but you CAN'T get rid of lag-it's impossible. Unless they had an option to kick players of the match because of lag, then things would be different.

More options in stage builder. Allow them to be played online. Let us search online in game and on the web for levels and download them.
I already go on the web and downloaded tons of stages on my 2.0 GB SD card. Just search and figure out how; it's not hard :)

New and old characters, Bring some newcomers like Mega Man (Classic or X) and Ridley (I don't care if you have to shrink him), bring back some oldies like Mewtwo all revamped and kickass, and Dr. Mario and Roy can be clone alternate costumes for Mario and Marth. Declone Ganon. Seriously, it's ******** that his moves are based on C. Falcon.
I don't think that Dr. Mario should be a costume. (waits someone to get into argument). But I DO have one valid reason behind this; If they could change Falco from being an EXACT clone of Fox to being a little-more original character, then they could do the same thing with Dr. Mario. Agreed on Mega Man and Ridley, and as for Ganon; they should enable his sword!

New stages of course with some old favorites. Hold a poll on the Smash Bros site or something, see what the fans want back.
Ummmm, they only do that in Japan. Sorry, I wish it were her too. It's not fair :(

Assuming SSB4 will be on a new Nintendo console, I think it's time to finally retire the GCN controller we've all grown to love. But still give us multiple controller options if the next console is just going to be a Wii 2.0. Give us a new traditional gamepad, ditch the current Classic controller and do better.
Meh, I don't know how to respond to this one. I would like to keep the GCN controller, only to the fact that I can personalize it more than I can with the Wiimote held sideways (my old controller). The Classic controller is weird, but one of my close friends uses it and it will most likely stick around until they have a better idea for the Classic controller v. 2.0

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
They should bring Melee's techniques back, but make them easier to perform, or the ability to map wavedashing to a button, so R could shield, and L could wavedash.
It's a bad idea, but it could stop the Melee fan's calling Brawl, and the people who can't fo the advanced tech's calling the Melee fans.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Wait-get rid of the lag? Are you serious? Not to be offensive here, but you CAN'T get rid of lag-it's impossible. Unless they had an option to kick players of the match because of lag, then things would be different.
I didn't say get rid of... but do something about it. It's worse in Smash than on any game that I play on Xbox Live. Or Mario Kart Wii for that matter.

I already go on the web and downloaded tons of stages on my 2.0 GB SD card. Just search and figure out how; it's not hard :)
I meant more like officially run Nintendo website thing. I'm probably spoiled by how much Bungie is on top of things for the Halo community where you can go on their site, select gametypes and maps for download que, turn on Halo 3 and BAM they start downloading straight to your console. I guess I just want better website to console integration.

I don't think that Dr. Mario should be a costume. (waits someone to get into argument). But I DO have one valid reason behind this; If they could change Falco from being an EXACT clone of Fox to being a little-more original character, then they could do the same thing with Dr. Mario. Agreed on Mega Man and Ridley, and as for Ganon; they should enable his sword!
Well I meant more like have Dr. Mario an alternate costume AND having his unique attributes tied to the costume. And then the costume can have it's own colors in the same way that Wario has his classic and Wario Ware outfit. Like have the clone integrated into one character slot if it's pretty much the same character like Dr. Mario is to Mario.

Ummmm, they only do that in Japan. Sorry, I wish it were her too. It's not fair :(
Well that should change. The world exists outside of Japan (apparently not for them though).

Meh, I don't know how to respond to this one. I would like to keep the GCN controller, only to the fact that I can personalize it more than I can with the Wiimote held sideways (my old controller). The Classic controller is weird, but one of my close friends uses it and it will most likely stick around until they have a better idea for the Classic controller v. 2.0
I know it's hard to let go of something we've all been so accustomed to. But if a new Nintendo console comes out by 2010 or 2011 then the GCN controller will be about 10 years old. Even older if Smash Bros 4 isn't a launch title. You don't think it might be time to move on a bit? Nintendo needs to scrap the current Classic controller though, that thing is horrid. Personally I think Hori nailed it for their upcoming Classic Controller. Looks and shaped like a cube controller, diamond style button placement and another Z. It really isn't all that different at all, the buttons are all still there but in probably more convinient locations (X isn't all the way off to the side but a simple thumb slide away).

Rouenne

Smash Apprentice
What would happen if Miyamoto directed the next Smash game instead of Sakurai?
My guess, Mario and Link would become broken like Meta Knight is now. Even thought I wouldn't mind that >_>

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
What would happen if Miyamoto directed the next Smash game instead of Sakurai?
My guess, Mario and Link would become broken like Meta Knight is now. Even thought I wouldn't mind that >_>
Maybe then Link could crawl (it'd be neat if he could crawl too) out of low tiers!

I just hope that they test the game a little to make sure no characters have a clear cut advantage or fail horrendously. I like the idea of a Super meter though.

shingking

Smash Rookie
My ideal sequel to Brawl.

-Tripping removed
-Physics more similar to Melee
-Falco, Wolf, Toon Link, Lucas removed
-Ganondorf given his own 100% unique moveset
-Diddy removed, replaced with Diddy & Dixie
-Lucario removed, replaced with Mewtwo

-The following characters added:
-Little Mac
-Midna
-Nell (Advance Wars)
-Krystal
-Ridley
-Paula (Earthbound)
-Samurai Goroh

-Story mode that incorprates more elements from each characters games.
-Incorporate Final Smashes better. Maybe they can be performed when the crowd is cheering for your character?

gantrain05

Smash Master
My ideal sequel to Brawl.

-Tripping removed
-Physics more similar to Melee
-Falco, Wolf, Toon Link, Lucas removed
-Ganondorf given his own 100% unique moveset
-Diddy removed, replaced with Diddy & Dixie
-Lucario removed, replaced with Mewtwo

-The following characters added:
-Little Mac
-Midna
-Nell (Advance Wars)
-Krystal
-Ridley
-Paula (Earthbound)
-Samurai Goroh

-Story mode that incorprates more elements from each characters games.
-Incorporate Final Smashes better. Maybe they can be performed when the crowd is cheering for your character?
yeah......lets remove falco and wolf for krystal...that seems like a horrible idea, falco is way more important to the starfox series than krystal, don't remove Toon link, remove Link, he's the suck one. and how about we don't remove lucario and still add mewtwo, why get rid of someone with a completely unique moveset.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
"Shlub Bleeb blurb gloobs!"
Translation:
"Show me your moves!"
lol, and megaman is a good 3rd party char, lot better than sonic imo, but just my opinion (the more faithful the franchise is to Nintendo, the more I comply, since Sonic was the main business Rival in the ol' days, me no likey, as for Snake...
He'll die in a wheelchair, so I won't be worried about too much).

@spadefox: Soren would be awesome, or Pent, or if my friend's wish got its way, Hector (think about it, at hammer like disjoint with slash based damage!)
This post is awesome, along with the guy's avatar and sig. Only things I have to say are:

-Sonic is important BECAUSE of that rivalry. That's part of the reason he's in, it's not entirely popularity, people have been DYING to see them beat the **** out of each other for OVER 10 YEARS.

-Lol at any FE character who isn't the new FE Lord whom currently doesn't exist yet.

MrLuigiman

Smash Apprentice
I think they should add Jeff (from earthbound) I was really hoping for him to be in brawl.. but he was a stupid assist trophy...Little Mac is cool too.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So is Wolf.
Agreed.

Wolf has been Fox's rival ever since the reboot of the franchise. In Assualt and Command, he developed a lot as a character, and is no longer just some evil counterpart to Fox. He's been shown to actually care about the well-being of the Lylat System, and even voluntarily comes to Fox's rescure several times.

Krystal did nothing in her debut game outside of give Fox some superficial motivation to gather the Krazoa Spirits. Afterwards, she joined Fox's team and didn't really do anything special in assault outside of a few lines of "telepathic" dialouge. In Command, she developed a little, with her breaking up with Fox, but what do you know? She joins up with Wolf! And Wolf has some dialouge about the situation that develops HIS personality. So in the end anything Krystal gained also served to help out Wolf, thus keeping him ahead in importance.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
yeah......lets remove falco and wolf for krystal...that seems like a horrible idea, falco is way more important to the starfox series than krystal, don't remove Toon link, remove Link, he's the suck one. and how about we don't remove lucario and still add mewtwo, why get rid of someone with a completely unique moveset.
Faclo has zero importance and popularity, but he's not going anywhere due to being in 2 games already.

Wolf has only been in one game, but is much more popular and has a much more unique moveset. He's not going anywhere either.

No way in hell Starfox is gonna get 4 reps. Thus, Krystal will not be playable.

shingking

Smash Rookie
I vote Falco & Wolf out so that every character is 100% unique. Krystal is a **** character as far as well, everything about her goes but she has more potential to be an interesting addition as opposed to Fox #2 and #3.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
How many people will still say Wolf is a clone of Fox? Seriously. He's SIMILAR to Fox, but come on. What does Wolf have in common with Fox other than the Land Master and somewhat similar Specials? And even those are pretty different.

MrLuigiman

Smash Apprentice
I vote Falco & Wolf out so that every character is 100% unique. Krystal is a **** character as far as well, everything about her goes but she has more potential to be an interesting addition as opposed to Fox #2 and #3.
I dont think they should go.. maybe just change, and get rid of their final smash...I hate that thing when im falco. I dont think they are literally a copy of fox though, they have a lot of differences.

gantrain05

Smash Master
wtf dude? falco not popular? are you kidding me? he's more popular than wolf or krystal or slippy or any other starfox character besides fox himself.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
The only moves that Fox and Wolf truly copy are Final Smash, Up-Special, Side-Special, and Down-Special. The blasters stop being similar at the name. And the A attacks are all very different in look and function.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
How many people will still say Wolf is a clone of Fox? Seriously. He's SIMILAR to Fox, but come on. What does Wolf have in common with Fox other than the Land Master and somewhat similar Specials? And even those are pretty different.
Well said Spadefox.
I never thought I'd like Wolf because I thought he was just going to be a clone. However after playing him, I realised that his moveset was more unique than Falco's was. He is possibly my favourite Star Fox character on Brawl, although I can recoover better with Falco.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Faclo has zero importance and popularity, but he's not going anywhere due to being in 2 games already.

Wolf has only been in one game, but is much more popular and has a much more unique moveset. He's not going anywhere either.

Krystal is THE female rep. Argue this as you will, but some sex appeal in SSB4, would make the buy rate double at least.

By the way, why the **** is Peach in Melee or Brawl. She can't bloody fight. At least Zelda has her magic, and Daisy has some spunk to her.

Give Waluigi a roll in the story mode if anything. We know he can't fight, but he's made of awesomeness.

Have a Super Mario Galaxy based stage.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Krystal is THE female rep. Argue this as you will, but some sex appeal in SSB4, would make the buy rate double at least.
What the F...
If this is a joke, it is a lame one.
If this is serious, it is a joke.

Sure, of course. Twice as many people will magically buy Smash because you can see Krystal wobbling her boobs. I mean, WTF? How is that even slightly logical? Sure, there might be a couple of people who will buy Smash because they can see the blue furry boobs shaking, but this sure is not the double amount. Brawl sold about 7.5 million copies around the world to date. I doubt Krystal's "sex appeal" will make it sell 15 million times.

By the way, why the **** is Peach in Melee or Brawl. She can't bloody fight. At least Zelda has her magic, and Daisy has some spunk to her.
Daisy is a minor character, while Peach is a major one. She's among Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Wario and Yoshi the most important character of the cast. I'd even say that Peach is the third-most important character after the Mario Bros. and before Bowser. And she CAN fight, as she was playable in Super Mario Bros. 2, and in Super Princess Peach. Her way of fighting, besides, is not really that typical, anyway.

Give Waluigi a roll in the story mode if anything. We know he can't fight, but he's made of awesomeness.
But yet you want Peach out? You lost your credibilty. Although you already lost it after that Krystal comment. But it's doubled now.

Have a Super Mario Galaxy based stage.
With that I agree.

Edit:
Also...

Posting on Page...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

BLACK DOOM THE WOLF

Game of Origin: Original Character (Normal Black Doom originiates in Shadow the Hedgehog)

This is Black Doom if he were designed as a more "standard" Sonic character. As opposed to being a giant alien monster, he is now an anthropormic Wolf. This redesign of Black Doom retains his Chaos Control Powers, but he now will also harness the ultimate power in the Sonic Universe: The franchise itself. OH THE HORROR!

OVERVIEW

STATS

MOVE SET

STANDARD ATTACKS

Standard A --- Iron Curtain
Black Doom will thrust one hand fowards as those two strand-like offshoots of his cloack lash out straight ahead of Doom. They are close together but act as two seperate disjointed hitboxes that are nearly as long as Sonic is tall. Both strands deal 5% with low knockback.

Upon the second press of A, Black Doom will swing his main cloak over his front, being a similar size to Mario's Cape. It is a disjointed hitbox that deals 4% with odd knockback, being adjusted so that opponent always ends a specific small distance ahead of where the cloack can reach. As long as you hold A, Black Doom keeps his cloak held in front of himself as it glows with a faint orange aura. The cloack will absorb any and all projectiles, glowing brighter and brighter as it does so. It needs 8 projectiles to reach max charge, though it can still continues to absorb more for defensive purposes.

When you release A, Black Doom will swish his cape back into position while thrusting fowards that same arm that swung it, causing a small blue burst of Chaos Control energy to emit at the spot that the initial cape swing knocks enemies into. This is another disjointed hitbox, and it deals 5% with below average knockback, and there is below average end lag. Black Doom's cloak retains the aura that it gained from absorbing projectiles until he is KOd. Just what does this aura do? You'll just have to wait and see!
Notes: The first part of the combo with the strands actually knocks enemies too far away for the second hit to connect. The second part of the combo is still useful for its anti-projectiles properties though.

Foward Tilt

Down Tilt

Up Tilt

Dash Attack --- Platform Clipping
Black Doom begins charging fowards at an almost Captain Falcon dashing speed, leaning fowards as he hurtles towards his opponent. Yeah, he's only one character length away from his enemy, and he's gonna...oh great, he just glitched through the platform. Yes, Black Doom will fall straight through the platform he's on, even if it's a solid one. If he is hit by an attack before completley sinking through, he will be ejected back up to the platform he's on, but otherwise he's gonna enter freefall as he leaves through the bottom of the platform.

However, this is a special freefall, indicated by Black Doom flashing red as he falls. If he actually falls into a pit in this state, he will still be KOd and respawn, but he will retain his damage and not loose a stock, essentially just being transported back to the stage with the standard invincibility that comes with respawning. The move has no lag on either end as he's just increasing his movement speed and entering freefall without any special animations to go with them. If Black Doom never reaches an opponent, he will just stop moving once he reaches the end of the platform.
Notes: This is a difficult move to pull off, since it does no damage and you have to be close to your opponent for it to take effect, and a quick enemy could just smack you out of your sinking.

SMASH ATTACKS

Foward Smash

Down Smash

Up Smash --- Loop
Ah, the iconic Sonic gimmick. A 2d loop-de-loop will appear in front of Black Doom that has the radius to just barely circle Bowser. Black Doom will then proceed to run through the loop, and what happens next depends on what you were doing when the loops was summoned. There is low lag to summon the loop and begin to run on it.

If you were simply standing still, Black Doom will start to run up it, but not have enough momentum to even run up the vertical part, and quickly falls off. His entire body is a low priority hitbox that deals 7% with average knockback. He also ends up lying on his back when the move ends with average end lag.

If you were moving but not dashing, Black Doom will run far enough to end up completley upside down, but then he will once again fall off. This time his body has average priority and deals 10% with average knockback. Black Doom will also quickly flip himself upright while falling so he lands neatly on his feet, giving the move low end lag.

If you were dashing into a sliding USmash, Black Doom will be able to fully run through the loop, his entire body having decent priority and dealing a nice 14% with above average knockback. He also is able to continue dashing as he exits the loop, giving this variation no end lag.

As for charging up the move, nothing happens unless you charge up all the way. In this case, Black Doom summons a 3d loop. He then automatically performs the dashing version of the attack, as loops in 3d Sonic games are automated eye-candy as opposed to actual obstacles. >_>
Notes: In all variations of the move, the opponent will simply be shoved out of the way of the loop if it appears on top of them.

AERIAL ATTACKS

SPECIAL MOVES

Neutral Special

Side Special

Up Special --- Gimmick of Death

BLack Doom will begin to laugh maniacally as he folds his arms and dark energy begins to gather underneath his feet. The energy begins to widen so that it extends a short distance to either side of Doom's feet, and extends downwards the height of Ganondorf. It then solidifies, and looks like...

OH EM GEE! Here's some appropiate music for the occasion.

So anyways, like the actual drum that you "battled" in Sonic 3, it will now hover in place with Black Doom standing on top of it. You need to press up and down on the control stick to give the drum momentum in that direction, starting out as just a small push, but as you go back and forth vertically, it gains more speed and distance, eventually going straight into a KO zone if you get too zelous. The drum is a disjointed hitbox, and enemies hit by it will take 12% with above average knockback regardless of the speed of the drum. The drum lasts forever, so in order to get recovery out of if, you have to press the jump button, which will cause Black Doom to jump off it (first jump) as the drum disappears in a poof of smoke. There is above average startup lag to summon the drum, but no end lag as Doom is simply jumping off it to end the move.

If there's a floor in your way, the drum will abrubtly come to a halt when it hits the floor and you can no longer move the drum. A ceiling is even more deadly, as Black Domo will be crushed under it and be instanty KOd.

Down Special --- Chaos Rift

GRABS

SITUATIONALS

FINAL SMASH

STRATEGY GUIDE

EXTRAS

THE MAKE-YOUR-MOVE SHOUTOUT

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I think he meant the double the rate of sells. Not double the total of brawl sells.

It's still dumb logic because Krystal would never be able to accomplish it. If any character would/could double sells it would have to be famous third party characters. Ex. Masterchief.

kuro06

Smash Cadet

If he has zero importance and popularity (which is complete BS) then Falco wouldn't be in the game in the first place.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I want Peppy in for Super Smash Bros. 4. He'd be the best character ever. :(

Though seriously, with all this talk about characters, it makes me wonder which is more important when it comes to picking a character for SSB - popularity or moveset? Is contributing to the game and making a unique moveset a number one priority, or does the need for fanservice trump that?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Basically, it's pushed down to what Sakurai wants. Though it's clear that the Top 3 selling franchises (Mario, Pokémon and The Legend of Zelda) are always having the strongest appearances in the games.

Everything else is hard to predict. Metroid, one of the top 10 selling franchises from Nintendo only has a little bit love. DK, the fourth strongest selling franchise... 2 characters, 2 stages, not much more.

While Star Fox has 3 characters, and isn't even in the Top 10 selling franchises.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I want Peppy in for Super Smash Bros. 4. He'd be the best character ever. :(

Though seriously, with all this talk about characters, it makes me wonder which is more important when it comes to picking a character for SSB - popularity or moveset? Is contributing to the game and making a unique moveset a number one priority, or does the need for fanservice trump that in importance?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Peppy just needs to be an Assist Trophy. His head appears in the background and he yells "Do a barrel roll!" and everyone does a barrel roll (trips)!!

Freakin' awesome!!!

Coroxive

Smash Cadet
I didn't say get rid of... but do something about it. It's worse in Smash than on any game that I play on Xbox Live. Or Mario Kart Wii for that matter.
Oh my bad. I just re-read it.

I meant more like officially run Nintendo website thing. I'm probably spoiled by how much Bungie is on top of things for the Halo community where you can go on their site, select gametypes and maps for download que, turn on Halo 3 and BAM they start downloading straight to your console. I guess I just want better website to console integration.
That would be cool, but I don't think that it's going to happen any time soon.

Well I meant more like have Dr. Mario an alternate costume AND having his unique attributes tied to the costume. And then the costume can have it's own colors in the same way that Wario has his classic and Wario Ware outfit. Like have the clone integrated into one character slot if it's pretty much the same character like Dr. Mario is to Mario.
Yeah but I'd still rather have Dr. Mario as his own character slot (not a 6 piece costume). But still, something's better than nothing in any case.

Well that should change. The world exists outside of Japan (apparently not for them though).
I know right? It's like they're isolating us from their views of Smash and in terms are only letting the **** vote. So if this does continue to happen, don't get mad at us for any character selections; Get mad at the Japanese.

I know it's hard to let go of something we've all been so accustomed to. But if a new Nintendo console comes out by 2010 or 2011 then the GCN controller will be about 10 years old. Even older if Smash Bros 4 isn't a launch title. You don't think it might be time to move on a bit? Nintendo needs to scrap the current Classic controller though, that thing is horrid. Personally I think Hori nailed it for their upcoming Classic Controller. Looks and shaped like a cube controller, diamond style button placement and another Z. It really isn't all that different at all, the buttons are all still there but in probably more convinient locations (X isn't all the way off to the side but a simple thumb slide away).
Oh well that's cool. They should make a re-make of the GCN controller, but for the Wii specifically if you catch my drift. Color it white and Blue, Dye the buttons different colors, and re-place the GC logo with the Wii logo. Just a thought though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom