• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I really do fear that if Miyamoto takes control, he'll make the game only playable via motion control :/

Oh, wait. He didn't force it for Mario Kart.

There is hope of a better leader! <3
That would be horrible....I don't know why he would do that, that;s just....cruel.

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
The more they change, the more they stay the same...
O.o Huh?

How do you guys think the story mode could be improved? Of course, it should be longer and less repetitive. Maybe have words next time? Lol. Sakurai gave too much glory to the Kirby characters. (Kirby is the first person to join your team, the Halberd plays one of the most important roles in the game, King Dedede made the badges, Kirby destroyed the Subspace Gunship, etc.)

Has anyone else noticed that in SSE, whenever you have to choose who to play as in SSE, and it changes the next story part, one of the choices is ALWAYS a Kirby character? (Mario vs Kirby, Lucario vs Meta Knight)

Edit: Motion-Sensing could be optional (they have custom controls, after all.)

majora_787

Smash Hero
O.o Huh?

How do you guys think the story mode could be improved? Of course, it should be longer and less repetitive. Maybe have words next time? Lol. Sakurai gave too much glory to the Kirby characters. (Kirby is the first person to join your team, the Halberd plays one of the most important roles in the game, King Dedede made the badges, Kirby destroyed the Subspace Gunship, etc.)

Has anyone else noticed that in SSE, whenever you have to choose who to play as in SSE, and it changes the next story part, one of the choices is ALWAYS a Kirby character? (Mario vs Kirby, Lucario vs Meta Knight)

I agree with you, but add cutscenes and remove plotholes. We need a way of UNDERSTANDING what's happening. And they should give the glory not to kirby, but to THE HEROES.

justaway12

Smash Master
i suppose if you add voices to the game it will explain things better, in this game it was just people running beating other characters up and to find out the story you had to go to the smash dojo. The best part of the story was that if you picked a character it changes the story slightly

majora_787

Smash Hero
i suppose if you add voices to the game it will explain things better, in this game it was just people running beating other characters up and to find out the story you had to go to the smash dojo
Voices would only be good for some characters, but I think it would ruin it a TINY bit. They should just do more to prevent plotholes.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
O.o Huh?

I'm glad the Kirby characters stole the spotlight. I was so pissed when Melee had only one Kirby character STILL. I just KNEW King Dedede would be in Melee. I just KNEW we'd get another Kirby rep! Then Melee came out and NONE of my wishlist characters made the cut! AND the token Kirby character in the game was one of the worst characters in the game!

Brawl made up for that in spades. A perfect number of Kirby characters, they all had big roles in SSE, and none of them are lower than High tier.

I agree with you, but add cutscenes and remove plotholes. We need a way of UNDERSTANDING what's happening. And they should give the glory not to kirby, but to THE HEROES.
Yes. There is no excuse as to them not explaining King Dedede's role in stealing the Halberd, then deciding to rebel against the Subspace Army. That's kinda an important plot device, there.

justaway12

Smash Master
Voices would only be good for some characters, but I think it would ruin it a TINY bit. They should just do more to prevent plotholes.
I know it shouldn't be for all characters like link (he's mute) but for characters like peach should only speak for a little bit i like her but her voice is so annoying but people like snake or ZSS can be allowed to talk, i found it funny that the only people that talked was snake by saying "kept you waiting huh" and peach only said "HI" when she offered sheik and fox tea and beside adventure mode is so bad ruining it a tiny bit wouldn't really matter plus they won't be confused

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm glad the Kirby characters stole the spotlight. I was so pissed when Melee had only one Kirby character STILL. I just KNEW King Dedede would be in Melee. I just KNEW we'd get another Kirby rep! Then Melee came out and NONE of my wishlist characters made the cut! AND the token Kirby character in the game was one of the worst characters in the game!

Brawl made up for that in spades. A perfect number of Kirby characters, they all had big roles in SSE, and none of them are lower than High tier.

Yes. There is no excuse as to them not explaining King Dedede's role in stealing the Halberd, then deciding to rebel against the Subspace Army. That's kinda an important plot device, there.
People who didnt check the site are probably all "WTF why is DDD doing this??" Seriously -_- Why do that? Why remove the SONIC device too?? I actually think they didn't MAKE one. They just PUT himt here.

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
People who didnt check the site are probably all "WTF why is DDD doing this??" Seriously -_- Why do that? Why remove the SONIC device too?? I actually think they didn't MAKE one. They just PUT himt here.
They DID just put him there. It's because the SSE was so close to the end when Sega confirmed him... Sakurai couldn't just change the whole story to fit him in, because that would have caused ANOTHER delay and he knew the fans were already having fits over it. Personally, I would have preferred another delay. It only would let them make the game better, and perhaps the forbidden seven could have been fully programmed if there was another delay (And, to make them fit in with the character select screen, possibly even more characters. After all, Sakurai said he had a lot more characters planned.

And I know the Kirby series deserved more, but they had a BIT too much spotlight. And it's just because Sakurai created the Kirby series. Which brings another point, SSB4 needs a director that Didn't create the series that make it up.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Had Nintendo never gave us any release date and left the target release date vague and open-ended, we technically wouldn't have had any gripes about the game being "delayed" since there was no real release date. I hope SSB4 is like this. DON'T tell us when we should look forward to the game, so Sakurai can develop the game as he pleases. Less pressure.

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
Had Nintendo never gave us any release date and left the target release date vague and open-ended, we technically wouldn't have had any gripes about the game being "delayed" since there was no real release date. I hope SSB4 is like this. DON'T tell us when we should look forward to the game, so Sakurai can develop the game as he pleases. Less pressure.
True. Though that would cause half the fans to die from suspense. Nah, just joking. They could still give us updates, though.

They could fit a LOT more characters that way. Look at DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3. It has, like, over 100 characters. With enough time, they could fit that many characters in Brawl, considering that SSB's fighting engine is much simpler than BT3's.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
If they don't announce the next Smash untill they are mostly complete, the game wouldn't suffer as much hype and people wouldn't complain about the delays.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
That too! The less time we have to speculate, the less our expectations will be too demanding, and the less disappointed we'll be when we realize SSB4 doesn't have 80 characters like we assumed.

Then again, we're doing that now, but this is different.

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
If they don't announce the next Smash untill they are mostly complete, the game wouldn't suffer as much hype and people wouldn't complain about the delays.
If they didn't announce the game until it was almost done, there would be no delays to complain ABOUT.

WolfCyber said:
That too! The less time we have to speculate, the less our expectations will be too demanding, and the less disappointed we'll be when we realize SSB4 doesn't have 80 characters like we assumed.

Then again, we're doing that now, but this is different.
Ooohh, what if they're already working on it and we just don't know?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I agree, no series bias. It's horrible.

They need to solve what characters are in BEFORE they work on a big story, seriously. It's horrible to see when they add someone after they add an ending. It's evil.

Also, I LOVE the no release date idea. What they should do is announce it in 2010, and say "There's a smash game. We're developing it. It's the fourth one. It will be out. Just not this year." and call it a DAY. :laugh:

Jash Thor

Smash Cadet
I completely agree with those who say the adventure mode needs a coherent story. Brawl failed miserably when it came to a good plot. What's most frustrating is that it started out great, but totally sputters out by the end. The last few parts of the game are so sloppy that I actually believe the designers ran out of time and threw some stuff together just to get it done. A more thoroughly realized story mode with a heavier emphasis on replay value (if anyone cares about that) would make the game that much better.

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
Then I'm not expecting much out of the finished roster list.
Maybe I should rephrase it; Oooohh, what if they're already working on it and we just won't know for four years?

JASH THOR said:
I completely agree with those who say the adventure mode needs a coherent story. Brawl failed miserably when it came to a good plot. What's most frustrating is that it started out great, but totally sputters out by the end. The last few parts of the game are so sloppy that I actually believe the designers ran out of time and threw some stuff together just to get it done. A more thoroughly realized story mode with a heavier emphasis on replay value (if anyone cares about that) would make the game that much better.
If you want replay value, play through on Intense without equipping Stickers.

Thossos

Smash Cadet
They really need to make the heavy characters viable choices...
without the "broken" moves like DDD's chaingrabs and Snake's tilts+

Like DK with a TAD more vertical recovery
Link with A recovery zomg
A Ganon that can move...

emergency

Smash Journeyman
When I thought about Brawl. I thought Master Hand and Crazy Hand would have a face to accompany it. I kept thinking in my mind. Who controls the two? Sure it still might be easy to defeat the whole thing. But that's how I always thought it would happen. Maybe.

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
Dry bowser would be cool as a costum
Yeah. Did you see Syntax Error's Dry Bowser before they were shut down? It was good, considering they're not pros. If the pros programmed him in, it would be AWESOME! And it wouldn't even require changing the model.

Thossos said:
Link with A recovery zomg
... He has two... (Spin Attack and Clawshot)

Thossos said:
A Ganon that can move...
THAT they could use.

justaway12

Smash Master
I agree, no series bias. It's horrible.
it would be hard making a game without one or two characters not in the spotlight besides it's human nature to be bias i mean if i made the game mario would be the main character but i believe someone like him or link deserves the spotlight more

When I thought about Brawl. I thought Master Hand and Crazy Hand would have a face to accompany it. I kept thinking in my mind. Who controls the two? Sure it still might be easy to defeat the whole thing. But that's how I always thought it would happen. Maybe.
i always thought it would be some kind of mask.... or sakurai (how fun would that have been)

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
it would be hard making a game without one or two characters not in the spotlight besides it's human nature to be bias i mean if i made the game mario would be the main character but i believe someone like him or link deserves the spotlight more
Series bias isnt SO bad but when there's so much of it those characters seem to stand out above the others, it's no good. With the right team, it wouldn't be as hard to make it without bias. Get one person that's in love with each series.:laugh:

justaway12 said:
i always thought it would be some kind of mask.... or sakurai (how fun would that have been)
Hah, let's play Boss Battles just so we can beat Sakurai for not making the SSE good enough.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Here's an out there suggestion.

Air Grabs.

Like Diddy's. You grab them in the air and then you can like do stylish shiz. However if you don't hit them, you're helpless in the air.

Time to be shot down.

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
I didn't think much of it until now, but it could also use a better stage editor and more stages, like if you could add water or lava to custom stages, and maybe an option to draw your own background (it would be hard, but better than only having three to choose from) and an option to make scrolling stages.

Also, I prefer lottery, because it was much simpler.

lol, OMG Did you JUST NOW make that? :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
coin launcher it was an actual game and gave you something to do
How about turning the coin launcher game into a side scrolling shooting game Gradius or bird's eye view like Touhou (complete with awesome boss theme).

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
that would be awesome or something like an old star fox game
Yeah, like Star Fox 64. Maybe they could have both the lottery AND coin launcher. By the time SSB4 comes out, they will have learned how to use the wii OR their next system good enough to make games much bigger than Brawl. Play the Coin Launcher if you want to, or, if you think it's boring and takes too long, use the lottery. That way, it's win-win.

payasofobia said:
There is going to be one: Dissidia.
Yeah, but that's only Final Fantasy, not Smash Bros. Besides that, with the way things look, it may be Japan-only.

I would like to see some melee stages return in SSB4, like Great Bay and Fountain of Dreams, but I'm not so sure about Poke Floats. Mushroom Kingdom I and II are musts, though.

Do you think Megaman or Megaman X would be better, if one was included? I still can't decide.

They should make the random button look like Ditto.:laugh:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Mega Man would make more sense. He is the original. But unlike Sakurai, there truly is no patterns with Keiji Inufane. Absolutely any Mega Man character could be proposed for SSB4: Mega Man, X, (Mega Man) Zero, Rock Vultnutt, or (le sigh) one of those crappy Mega Mans; Mega Man EXE, Mega Man XZ, or Mega Man Geo Stella Omega-Xis (Ho, GOD!)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay, several things to say here.....

Series bias IS horrible. Here's an example...

Kirby saves fallen heroes, Meta Knight's ship is the most iconic thing to the story, Dedede saves everyone

That there? That's WRONG.

Link saves fallen heroes, Fox's ship is the most iconic thing to the story, Mario saves everyone and Samus shows up with fox for the lulz

That? That is CORRECT.

Speaking of correct, that sakurai thing was win. :laugh:

Also, I liked coin lottery a LITTLE better, but launcher gave me something to do. They should just keep BOTH. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom