• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Majora. Subspace 2. You play as Kirby and revive everybody.

Kirby destroys the gunship with the Dragoon.

Meta Knight's battleship, the Halberd, is the scourge of the land.

Dedede's timed badges save the world from total trophyism.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Majora. Subspace 2. You play as Kirby and revive everybody.

Kirby destroys the gunship with the Dragoon.

Meta Knight's battleship, the Halberd, is the scourge of the land.

Dedede's timed badges save the world from total trophyism.
That, kids, is INCORRECT SMASH BROS. STORY MAKING. You don't make everyone in ONE SERIES important. It isn't NICE. Or cool. Or awesome. Replace Meta Knight and Dedede with Mario and Link, or Fox and Samus, and I would call it a start.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
when you think about it yoish could have alot more coloers, White, black, orange, Purple.....

majora_787

Smash Hero
when you think about it yoish could have alot more coloers, White, black, orange, Purple.....
I vote golden, black, and white yoshis. They were awesome.

EDIT: A RGB setter for yoshi? brilliant. It would save some time, maybe...

Linkshot

Smash Hero
If the shoes/saddle became a problem, they could merely have it as the inverted colour, or swap the values around for each (Green becomes Red for saddle, Red becomes Blue for Shoes). A simple modifier could do the trick, too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Okay, several things to say here.....

Series bias IS horrible. Here's an example...

Kirby saves fallen heroes, Meta Knight's ship is the most iconic thing to the story, Dedede saves everyone

That there? That's WRONG.

Link saves fallen heroes, Fox's ship is the most iconic thing to the story, Mario saves everyone and Samus shows up with fox for the lulz

That? That is CORRECT.

Speaking of correct, that sakurai thing was win. :laugh:

Also, I liked coin lottery a LITTLE better, but launcher gave me something to do. They should just keep BOTH. :D
Non Non Non, let's fix that.

Link saves the fallen heroes, Bowser's Warship is the most iconic thing to the story, Lucas saves everyone, and Krystal shows up with Marth for the lulz.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Ideal story:

Underground

Main Villain: Bowser

Main Heroes: Sheik/Zelda, Lucas, Mario, Ike, Wario.
Unlockable: Mr. Game & Watch

Overworld

Main Villain: Ganondorf

Main Heroes: Link, Marth, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, ROB.
Unlockable: Pokemon Trainer

Sky

Main Villain: King Dedede

Main Heroes: Meta Knight, Falco, Pit, Ice Climbers, Diddy Kong.
Unlockable: Jigglypuff

Space

Main Villain: Wolf

Main Heroes: Fox, Samus, Captain Falcon, Olimar, Kirby.
Unlockable: Sonic

The Final Smash

Main Villain: Crazy Hand
Unlockable: Master Hand

Main Heroes: All of the above.
Unlockable: Luigi, Peach, Ness, Pikachu, Snake, Lucario, Toon Link.

The Secret Sea

Main Villain: King K. Rool
Unlockable: Mewtwo

Main Heroes: Other newcomers.
Unlockable: Megaman

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ideal story:

Underground

Main Villain: Bowser

Main Heroes: Sheik/Zelda, Lucas, Mario, Ike, Wario.
Unlockable: Mr. Game & Watch

Overworld

Main Villain: Ganondorf

Main Heroes: Link, Marth, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, ROB.
Unlockable: Pokemon Trainer

Sky

Main Villain: King Dedede

Main Heroes: Meta Knight, Falco, Pit, Ice Climbers, Diddy Kong.
Unlockable: Jigglypuff

Space

Main Villain: Wolf

Main Heroes: Fox, Samus, Captain Falcon, Olimar, Kirby.
Unlockable: Sonic

The Final Smash

Main Villain: Crazy Hand
Unlockable: Master Hand

Main Heroes: All of the above.
Unlockable: Luigi, Peach, Ness, Pikachu, Snake, Lucario, Toon Link.

The Secret Sea

Main Villain: King K. Rool
Unlockable: Mewtwo

Main Heroes: Other newcomers.
It was just a very fast example, meaning to say that all kirby characters is wrong and all heroes is right.

But I LOVE this idea, generally. =P I ALSO think there should be a shorter story, but you could play for the villains or the heroes.

WeeGeeSmash

Smash Apprentice
If there was a SSB4, Here are somethings I think should b added.

1. More characters, like some who were assist characters.
2. Online play needs help. the with anyone mode should have the use of adding FC.
3. Fix any glitches that are used to cheat, like Meta Knight's cape.
4. The 1-player must have more things to keep players busy.

The Name should be Super Smash Bros. Clash.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I edited the Sea and put Megaman as Unlockable Hero.

When you load the game, all you have in your VS rosters are:

Mario
Bowser
Link
Ganondorf
Kirby
King Dedede
Fox
Wolf
Samus
Pokemon Trainer
Donkey Kong
Captain Falcon
Marth
Lucas

14 characters. The rest in the "main story" you can unlock through VS. The ones in The Secret Sea, however, must be unlocked through 1P.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I have a story for SSB4.

One day, Wario got hungry. He decided to go to Taco Bell and eat ten billion bean burritos. Afterwards, Wario's belly got as big as Hyrule Field. He then farted super hard. Everybody died from the fart, except for Wario, because he's too awesome. The End.

But seriously. SSB4 shouldn't have a story mode. I wouldn't mind if an RPG spinoff of SSB had a story, but like Sonic platformers, the main SSB series doesn't need a plot.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I agree. Just, if there had to be a story, it should be a bit more balanced like my idea, where every character shines in a different way. There is no truly main hero. *coughKirbycough*

majora_787

Smash Hero
they could be in teams because they aren't enough villains in my opinion like sonic hero
If they added more villains, the list COULD be like this...

Bowser
Wario
Ganondorf
Ridley
K. Rool
Wolf
Krystal (She joined Star Wolf in their latest game.)
Black Knight, possibly.

And the main characters would end up being, respectfully...

Mario
Luigi
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Samus/Zamus
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Fox
Falco
Ike
Marth
Maybe Roy?

And throw in actual BOSSES.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yes, but there will be SOME villains and neutral rivals. And since we have plenty of villains....I think we're good. Just add bosses and water.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Bowser should be a hero if Krystal is a bad guy. He joined Mario in Super Mario RPG, Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga, and Super Paper Mario. He's also going to join Mario in Mario and Luigi 3. He likes taking breaks from capturing Peach to play friendly sports with Mario and friends.

Aura_Fear

Smash Cadet
Krystal (She joined Star Wolf in their latest game.)
In Command? That was only one of the nine endings, and none of them are the "true" ending. In one of the endings she joined Star Wolf, in the others she didn't.

This was probably brought up hundreds of times, but there need to be more locations that are actually in some of the games that characters are from. "The Lake"? Why not Lake Valor? And in terms of generic foes, they need to go. There were plenty of generic foes in other games to build off of.

Finally, Wario shouldn't be a villain. He's an antihero in the games he appears in, and that's how he should stay.

justaway12

Smash Master
Bowser should be a hero if Krystal is a bad guy. He joined Mario in Super Mario RPG, Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga, and Super Paper Mario. He's also going to join Mario in Mario and Luigi 3. He likes taking breaks from capturing Peach to play friendly sports with Mario and friends.
there are already enough heros and and the sports game are because he just has nothing better to do..... poor guy:(

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
The main reason Krystal joined Star Wolf in the first place was because Fox was being overprotective and didn't want her to fight along with him.

majora_787

Smash Hero
In Command? That was only one of the nine endings, and none of them are the "true" ending. In one of the endings she joined Star Wolf, in the others she didn't.

This was probably brought up hundreds of times, but there need to be more locations that are actually in some of the games that characters are from. "The Lake"? Why not Lake Valor? And in terms of generic foes, they need to go. There were plenty of generic foes in other games to build off of.

Finally, Wario shouldn't be a villain. He's an antihero in the games he appears in, and that's how he should stay.
Command was a real game and had one real ending, which was the first one. The other ones were extras to keep you playing the game. I agree with area names...and Wario IS a villain because he's greedy and would side with the villains for power. Bowser COULD side with Mario easily though.

So what I SUPPOSE would happen is Krystal would join the good guys later, Bowser would join the good guys early, and ytes there would be good guy bosses.

Arwing, maybe?
Petey Piranha?
Koopa Bros.?

So yeah. I would also IMAGINE Goroh COULD join the good guys if he were in, but being in antihero he'd probably start evil.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
While that it is, her reasons for joining Starwolf were strictly emotional. Besides, Wolf is not really a villain. He's the kind of guy who will do anything he wants.

majora_787

Smash Hero
While that it is, her reasons for joining Starwolf were strictly emotional. Besides, Wolf is not really a villain. He's the kind of guy who will do anything he wants.
Meta Knight, Goroh, Krystal, Wolf, and Bowser are the types who would most likely be kicked out of the evil because they would help their rivals when they know something horrible is happening.

Ridley would never help Samus. K. Rool would never help Donkey Kong. Master Hand probably thinks they can all just die. Wario, he probably would stay with the evil until he sucks them dry.

justaway12

Smash Master
I agree with area names...and Wario IS a villain because he's greedy and would side with the villains for power. Bowser COULD side with Mario easily though.
just like any other villain bowser would side with good guy if it was beneficial for him he would do the same as ganondorf, wario and wolf especially krystal i think SSE taught us that

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Meta Knight, Goroh, Krystal, Wolf, and Bowser are the types who would most likely be kicked out of the evil because they would help their rivals when they know something horrible is happening.

Ridley would never help Samus. K. Rool would never help Donkey Kong. Master Hand probably thinks they can all just die. Wario, he probably would stay with the evil until he sucks them dry.
Again, you can't really consider Krystal evil. If there was any reason she joined Star Wolf, she did it to mostly tick off Fox.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Here's what I think, in a tiny bit more detail...

At the start, the evil will be pulled together by Master Hand. The evil will consist of...

Black Knight
Ganondorf
Bowser
Wario
Krystal
Wolf
K. Rool
Ridley
Goroh
Meta Knight

Immediatly, Meta Knight and Goroh would leave the meeting, only interested in going about theit business, simply going with the chance of fighting their rivals.

ON THE OTHER HAND...Black Knight, Ganondorf, and Ridley are all truly evil. Wario and Wolf just want the reward. K. Rool and Bowser are serving Master Hand for credit and power.

SO, what would end up happening is everyone would go out and challenge their enemy. All of them would come back victorious in the villain's story, but in the hero's story only the truly evil come back victorious. At this point, Wolf and Krystal quit. So the list looks more like...

Black Knight
Ganondorf
Bowser
Wario
K. Rool
Ridley

Now, Bowser and K. Rool are ordered to defeat Wario at some point in the story because Master hand isn't stupid. he knows that he's in it for money, no loyalty. So after bowser and K. rool dispose of him, they find out that Ganondorf, Ridley and Black Knight all god superbuffed by Master Hand to destroy them. Bowser and K. Rool escape of course. Now at this point, Bowser, Meta Knight, Goroh, Krystal and Wolf all joined the good guys. Wario is dead, and K. Rool, well he probably ran. So then it becomes three supervillains under Master Hand, against the heroes and some antiheroes.

Generally I think it sounds good. ^^

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
wario's "loyalty" would go to the highest bidder, in SSE it was the evil side, until dedede threatened him
Ridley and gannondorf should stay evil through the story, i have a hard time seeing either of them working for good. (gannondorf should have stayed bad in my opinion)
wolf seems like the kind of guy who would side for good, then screw em over in the most pivotal moment

majora_787

Smash Hero
wario's "loyalty" would go to the highest bidder, in SSE it was the evil side, until dedede threatened him
Ridley and gannondorf should stay evil through the story, i have a hard time seeing either of them working for good. (gannondorf should have stayed bad in my opinion)
wolf seems like the kind of guy who would side for good, then screw em over in the most pivotal moment
Well, here's the thing. Wario went to the dark side first and got killed for being greedy. He WOULD have gone to join the good guys if he knew. :laugh:

Ganondorf, Ridley and Black Knight become superbuffed villains, because they are evil to the point where they would never betray Master Hand to join the good side.

Wolf and Krystal get paid to work for Master Hand, so they literally take their first check and split. Then when they realize what happened to Wario, they join Fox and Falco with the good guys.

NOTE: Dedede didn't threaten him, Wario just didn't want to get involved in the short end of a 3 v 1 fight so he wussed out.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Majora, problem with your story.

Master Hand, overall, is a good guy that governs the Smash World and keeps it in check. He also tests warriors' might if they so wish.

Crazy Hand just likes to cause chaos. Which is why I had Crazy Hand as my Final Boss, and Master Hand was unlockably fightable.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What if the storyline involved a power struggle between Master Hand and Crazy Hand with all the characters being from their respective universes and no crappy troph plotlines?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
As stated earlier, this would be better for a SSB-based RPG.

However, we're talking about a fighting game here. The most successful series, too. A story would only hold it back. It only needs Classic, All-Star, and Events.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Majora, problem with your story.

Master Hand, overall, is a good guy that governs the Smash World and keeps it in check. He also tests warriors' might if they so wish.

Crazy Hand just likes to cause chaos. Which is why I had Crazy Hand as my Final Boss, and Master Hand was unlockably fightable.
The reason why I chose Master Hand was simply because Master Hand governs the smash world. He believes things need to be fixed, so he finds whatever power hungry powerhouses are willing to help his cause. They just happen to be the only power hungry people out theere.

What looks like Master Hand's world domination plot is REALLY simply Master Hand bribing whoever will help (all of them coincidentially evil) into making the good guys and innocent people follow his new rules

EDIT: Yes, but a story mode to unlock all the characters makes getting them all EASIER. It's more entertaining to save the world than play 1,000 versus matches just to get Mr. Game & Watch.

majora_787

Smash Hero
whatever happenend to tabuu i thought the only reason tabuu was there was because master hand was to weak and thay couldn't think of anymore move
I think Tabuu just drifted in Subspace and accidentally found out about the other world...so he captured Mr. Game and Watch and turned him into the Subspace Army, and captured the halberd to mass spawn soldiers. He wanted to make his territory bigger than master hand's, and thanks to his sneak attack he had the bigger stick.

justaway12

Smash Master
they could add another boss (like tekken keep adding bosses) master hand has the same old moves or master and crazy hand merged powers or something like that or the aftermath of the power struggle like KumaOso suggested

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
As stated earlier, this would be better for a SSB-based RPG.

However, we're talking about a fighting game here. The most successful series, too. A story would only hold it back. It only needs Classic, All-Star, and Events.
No online? No MULTI-PLAYER?!!

I vote yes on a story mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom