• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Not to mention those who have no access to WiFi overall. Like me. I'd feel totally screwed, considering that just my router is a b*tch. I have WiFi USB Connector, WiFi Wire for the Wii and the WiFi MAX from Datel. All won't work because of my router.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why people want downloadable content. Sure once it's out you want more but still. This game isn't out yet. Why don't we just put everything on the disc.

justaway12

Smash Master
YEAH!!! Mr.L is awesome i'm still hoping Mr.L and maybe Shadow Peach would be alts..

I'm not sure about downloadable chars for the wii unless it's like the wii points card that get sold in shops which have indivdual codes you have too type in but I doubt that would happen

@Mythic02: What about chars that didn't have time too get in, they might have enough time to improve gameplay, there would be less chance of a delay, they could add more stuff, and add lot more characters much more than 50-60.

♥♥♥♥♥

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
50-60 characters? That would be hell! Or freak'n awsome! Not sure, although it would make the game alot harder, seeing you need to know every match-up.

I think SSB4 should be like Brawl rather than Melee. Not as fast, I hated the fast falling of Melee!

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
@justaway: I know people dislike delays but most people like me pay for the game and then want to be done with it. I personally don't want to have to dish out extra money just to keep up with the new characters. Besides, we don't even have a release date yet. Personally i just want to pay for the whole game , not half of it. But that's just me.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
lol guess I read it wrong. o.0 Mybad. But alot of characters = alot of choices for mains!

Edit: Have we even had any "proof" that their will even be a SSB4?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Edit: Have we even had any "proof" that their will even be a SSB4?
I guess Nintendo would be dumb if they didn't make another Smash, considering it's one of their best selling franchises - with 3 games only released. =)
Sakurai himself first said that Brawl was gonna be the last Smash he made, but after release he stated that if the fans and Nintendo wanted to, he could imagine making a Smash 4.

justaway12

Smash Master
@justaway: I know people dislike delays but most people like me pay for the game and then want to be done with it. I personally don't want to have to dish out extra money just to keep up with the new characters. Besides, we don't even have a release date yet. Personally i just want to pay for the whole game , not half of it. But that's just me.
But alot of people have high hopes for their characters to come in.

for example: I know People want Lip or K.Rool but if he/she isn't there, there still could be a chance he would appear and they could add a make the game have a lot better gameplay and maybe make it fairer besides if it is made casually again they probably won't care for competitiveness.

@RockLee10: You didn't read it wrong I just wrote it wrong.
Since the game has made alot of money Nintendo would be stupid not to make it again.

♥♥♥♥♥

kid x

Smash Apprentice
But alot of people have high hopes for their characters to come in.

for example: I know People want Lip or K.Rool but if he/she isn't there, there still could be a chance he would appear and they could add a make the game have a lot better gameplay and maybe make it fairer besides if it is made casually again they probably won't care for competitiveness.

True, true, I don't think the game need downloadable content though.

I want K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie in. K. Rool would be easy to create without being a clone of anyone and so would Banjo & Kazooie. Plus, like some people said in previous pages that Snake started out on a Nintendo system, so did Banjo, so I think Banjo has a chance.

Other than that, maybe some more modes, better tournament mode, more stuff to the special mode (I forgot the name), better Wifi, you know, the usual.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
@justaway: I don't think I will be changing my opinion soon but I do understand why people want DLC. I just prefer not having to bother downloading.

I've been thinking of some new things for brawl and something i want is more throws. In addition to making throws more powerful i would like to have extra throws like diagonal downwards or diagonal upwards. And to add more to grabs how about attacking with B. You still hit with A but you can also hit with B so bowser would both hit mario and spit fire while grabbing him. Mario would punch and shoot fire balls. It would add a bit more to the grab game and be more interesting.

kid x

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking of some new things for brawl and something i want is more throws. In addition to making throws more powerful i would like to have extra throws like diagonal downwards or diagonal upwards. And to add more to grabs how about attacking with B. You still hit with A but you can also hit with B so bowser would both hit mario and spit fire while grabbing him. Mario would punch and shoot fire balls. It would add a bit more to the grab game and be more interesting.
I understand using the B button, but diagonal throws? I don't think that would work to well.

For throws, I want them to have more knockback, like they did in Smash 64 and Melee.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I agree on more knockback. But diagonal throws would just add 4 more directions. It's really nothing more than having more impact onwhere they go. Like diagonally down they would hit the floor and go forward at the same time. Diagonally up brings your character up and forward at the same time. It's really nothing new but i'm just trying to add in some things that haven't been discussed.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
As long as Megaman isn't a copy of Samus or the space animals, that would be awsome! I'f they decided to put in non-Nintendo characters, Naruto would be perfect! Ninja fighting like Sheik, except Naruto would have better specials, like cloning & Rasengan! Don't flame me because I like anime.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Naruto wouldn't make it, he's mainly a manga/tv show character. That's why it's pokemon trainer and not Ash, Ash was just a TV show/manga character.

justaway12

Smash Master
@Rocklee10: He is never coming in, I'm sorry but he isn't, I think Naruto it the awesomest Anime/Manga alive
behind gintama
but since he is an Anime he will never appear...sorry It's a good thing aswell it would suck if he was in I just would hate it, I will just settle with
Jump Ultimate Stars.
♥♥♥♥♥

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon is, or was, an anime. Just saying. They should make Mario better in SSB4, I mean, HE is the main Nintendo character, and he's the main Brother in Super Smash BROTHERS! Maybe make his Dair a spike, and give him a "good" Fair.

Scott!

Smash Lord
@Rocklee10: Pokemon may be an anime, but that's not why it's in Smash. It's in smash because it's one of Nintendo's best-selling series after Mario. There are also manga and/or anime for Zelda, Kirby, Metroid I think, maybe others. But they aren't in because of that. It's because they're all big for Nintendo as game series.

While I'm far from anti-anime/manga, I do not want it to cross with Smash. The very nature of the biggest animes out there, like Naruto and Bleach these days, gives them lots of viable characters. But at the same time, it's not the same thing. Also, the idea of Smash is Nintendo's biggest stars fighting for no apparent reason. Anime characters are not Nintendo stars, even if they have been on Nintendo games. Snake and Sonic are not Nintendo characters, but Snake started there, and Sonic's ended up there recently. Also, Sonic's direct competition with Mario in the olden days certainly made him even more popular.

Mario is due for a little boost, though. As for your suggestions, I'd say keep his Dair, but just make his Fair a more useful spike, maybe making it slightly faster or something.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
@Rocklee10: Pokemon may be an anime, but that's not why it's in Smash. It's in smash because it's one of Nintendo's best-selling series after Mario. There are also manga and/or anime for Zelda, Kirby, Metroid I think, maybe others. But they aren't in because of that. It's because they're all big for Nintendo as game series.

While I'm far from anti-anime/manga, I do not want it to cross with Smash. The very nature of the biggest animes out there, like Naruto and Bleach these days, gives them lots of viable characters. But at the same time, it's not the same thing. Also, the idea of Smash is Nintendo's biggest stars fighting for no apparent reason. Anime characters are not Nintendo stars, even if they have been on Nintendo games. Snake and Sonic are not Nintendo characters, but Snake started there, and Sonic's ended up there recently. Also, Sonic's direct competition with Mario in the olden days certainly made him even more popular.

Mario is due for a little boost, though. As for your suggestions, I'd say keep his Dair, but just make his Fair a more useful spike, maybe making it slightly faster or something.
True, very true.:)

justaway12

Smash Master
Yes!!! As i've said before MARIO FOR TOP TIER, I know you're not suggesting top teir but he does DEFINATLY deserves to be there.

As for Pokemon I am almost positive that the games were before the anime.

♥♥♥♥♥

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Actually it was Red and Green. Anyway, the obvious ones such as bring back Mew2, and remove tripping randomly. But also add black mage from FF1, everyone loves that guy. Megaman, and maybe bomberman? Also smash b attacks but be worth looking into. More playtesting is needed as well (standing infinites? C'mon thats the stupidest stuff), also screw 1p mode and focus more on balance. Of course that won't happen if Sakurai makes it.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
No. If he was real, Shigeru Miyamoto would've descended from game designer heaven and smited him and his crusade against the Super Smash Brothers franchise.

godofrock72

Smash Cadet
I don't like Pikachu, he's too powerful. They should make it so you can't just repeatedly press B then v-B when they jump over u. I do like his ^-B, though. His <-B and >-B attacks r very similar to Luigi's, and can be used as recovery specials if u kno how.

Nintendo also needs to change his final smash. There's no way u can avoid that.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Pikachu really isn't that broken. His chaingrab on Fox makes babies cry at night, so they could fix that. And Thunder is stupid sometimes. But it's far from unavoidable. And his Final Smash... I don't remember it being all that great. It was huge, but the controls always seemed awkward.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Did you know that Fox could jump above Pikachu, use Reflector, and Thunder wouldn't hurt Fox but Damage Pikachu? It's Priceless to watch them shock themselves stupid, and it's almost an impulse for them to try to Thunder you from below you. Fried Mouse Pokemon. Yum. Tastes liked Chicken!

Scott!

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think if all Final Smashes were instant kills, they would get boring and lose something in the process. Everyone (minus clones, but you get the idea) has a unique FS based off their games and character. They all do something different, and they for the most part suit their character really well.

Take Snake. If his FS were changed, I think, unless he was driving a metal gear across the stage in a rampage attack, it would be inferior. And that itself would be better like a Landmaster, controllable, than like beast Ganon.

Some FSs need a boost. Pikachu's definitely could be tweaked. Same with Pit, and there are others. But I like the variety.

justaway12

Smash Master
☻Well aren't a lot of them instant kill besides they don't have to be instant kills I just want some of them to be better when I said they should be like Snakes I meant they should have a better chance of K.O. like Snake has or Zelda, I like variety too i'm not suggesting Kirby ride a helicopter shooting people I just meant it should be stronger.☻

♣ ♠ ♣ ♠

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Everyone (minus clones, but you get the idea) has a unique FS based off their games and character.
Actually, quite a number of them are not based on something from a previous game.

None of the Mario characters ever used an attack like their Final Smashes. The same can be said for Ike, Jigglypuff, Link (to an extent), Sheik, Samus, Zamus (sorta), and Ness and Lucas since they never learned Starstorm.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Actually, quite a number of them are not based on something from a previous game.

None of the Mario characters ever used an attack like their Final Smashes. The same can be said for Ike, Jigglypuff, Link (to an extent), Sheik, Samus, Zamus (sorta), and Ness and Lucas since they never learned Starstorm.
Yeah, some of them aren't straight out of their games. But even those do feel appropriate for the character.
Except Luigi. What the heck.
Mario's fireball is based on his Fire Mario power-up, just uber. Ike's Aether is his signature move, so they upped it for his FS. Sheik is just based on concept art, so giving her Zelda's was probably the best choice, since there was nothing to base it on. Samus having an overpowered laser blast feels like a power-up that's possible. And as for Ness and Lucas, since when did Smash care about what moves they actually learned? :laugh:

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
All True.... Plus, Bowser has had several different upgrades in the past to make him uber, so they probably just wanted him to have an even more powerful uber upgrade. In the Pokedex, it says that Jigglypuffs will try to enlarge themsleves to scare away enemys (although who'd expect them to grow that big?) And the Power of the Zero Lazer is comparable to Samus' Hyper Beam... But that's just what I think.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
So... we've got 3 hammer users (ICs, Dedede, and Kirby) and 4 sword users (Pit, Link, Tlink, and Marth). Anyone else think we need some axes in here (trying to think of something that didn't come from FE)? Or maybe lances (Ephraim, hell yeah.) Krystal also has a staff, so thar's something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom