• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
I recently made my thoughts on a possible Masked Man moveset:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7827445#post7827445

logical?
B: Arm cannon
works similar to Falco’s blaster
>B: Intense Lightning
Similar to Pikachu’s Thunder special, but instead of striking himself strikes the ground in front of him
^B: Wing Jet
The move is similar to Snake’s Cypher ^B, but it only lasts half as long.
vB: Shield Killer
Kinda sounds like shield breaker. The keyword here is "similar"―you should try to be more unique. Nevertheless, I still think being a mini-boss is a more fitting role for him.

6 games where Ridley is too big > 1 game where Ridley is too small
What are you implying exactly?

The fact that he was a decent size in that "one game" means that he can in fact be a similar size in SSB4. Him being bigger in more games doesn't mean a thing.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
But that doesn't matter now, and its already got its characters from those games, so it just doesn't make sense to ask for more.
It does matter now, anything can matter now, because once again, current status doesn't matter. And I'm not "asking" for a new Donkey Kong character, I'm only trying to get you to see that it is much more possible than you think. Very possible.

If its current status didn't matter then it would have had three or four characters now, instead of two. :p
You kinda stretched it a bit there. Obviously, status doesn't matter, but that doesn't mean Donkey Kong would have gotten three or four characters by now. You could really say the same for any character from any of teh represented series. :p

Well something that is current is something that lacks age. Yes I'm talking about time, but more about things that are currently happening, rather than things that happened. Sorry if I misunderstood you about talking age, when I'm talking about a lack of age. While there is no technical problem with being a older character, for continuing series it seems to be the case that the series are represented by either their first games (DK, not DKC here) or their newest games. Thus, like how Brawl worked out, its likely that the Donkey Kong series will be represented in a fashion that denotes its newer games, and if they are less popular, then there will be less representation.
I'm not quite sure what you are saying here. :ohwell:

No reason to add in anyone. As of now they are at their good spot just like Kirby is, where all real bases are covered. If it wasn't for the inevitable need for the series to progress in SSB4, I'd say it would keep its four.
But what about your argument status? I'm pretty sure when it comes to status, Mario is at the top of the list, closely followed by Pokemon and then Legend of Zelda. So shouldn't they be deserving of a new rep over Starfox and other series that is way behind in terms of status? That's your argument, why aren't you using it now?

Transformation characters.
Sakurai counts 'em. I count 'em. It only makes sense, doesn't it? Sakurai develops the games doesn't he? I'm going with him. There are six Pokemon characters, five Zelda characters, and only four Mario characters.

It didn't. Mario just got its third earlier than Star Fox, and due to it having all the needed characters didn't advance.
You misunderstood my post. IN TERMS OF BRAWL, why did Starfox get a new character when Mario didn't? Because of status? Obviously not. 'Cuz I'm pretty sure Mario's status is higher than Starfox's so they deserve a new character before Starfox, right? That's your argument to why Donkey Kong can't get a new character, their status isn't as great as others. But Starfox did it, didn't they? So did Fire Emblem, and Metroid, and Kirby, and EarthBound, and I could go on.

Metroid, sadly, isn't actually that popular. When I was researchng that sales data on the Wario, Kirby, DK, and Metroid series about their sales in the last two generations, Metroid came last. I don't know about Star Fox though.
But then wait a minute! Shouldn't WarioWare have more characters than Metroid? After all, their status is higher. And why doesn't DK have have more than Metroid by now? See how your status argument is kind of useless?

Their status allows them one character, and that's what they got. They aren't the same situation. (Also G&W's series wasn't quite dead at the time of Melee, thanks to the G&W Gallery games.
If you read some of my previous posts, I mentioned "they had a single, minor game, plus a few minor spin-offs/remakes). And according to your argument, the Game and Watch Galley games would have boosted Mario's chances, considering they were based off Mario, kind of how you claim Mario-spinoff games were the reason for Diddy appearing in Brawl.

I said there were other games you know. Games in the DK series. Plus in comparison to most other Mario spin off characters that have yet to be added, Diddy has more status through his past, which is what makes the difference here. (Along with his status within the DK series games that were coming out around the time of the initial cast decisions)
Now you're referring to Diddy's past. But I thought the past didn't matter, its his current status. At least, thats your argument. So, excuse me, but what the flying **** is the problem? Explain please.

UberMario

Smash Master
Does anyone think that the next game should no longer allow "passing through" items/other characters?

I found that rather annoying in all 3 Smash games released so far, it makes it feel (ever so slightly) badly programmed.

For example in SSB4:

running into a character knocks both of them down, would require rolling/jumping over to get around opponents/items.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Does anyone think that the next game should no longer allow "passing through" items/other characters?

I found that rather annoying in all 3 Smash games released so far, it makes it feel (ever so slightly) badly programmed.

For example in SSB4:

running into a character knocks both of them down, would require rolling/jumping over to get around opponents/items.
Congrats, man. You've just suggested something worse than tripping.

UberMario

Smash Master
It's also realistic to trip, and yet...
how many people roll forwards when they trip?

What I was suggesting was a little more "solidity" to the game play.

i.e. pushing crates, kicking capsules, falling back when stepping on something round . . .

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's pretty realistic to have double jumps. It's pretty realistic to have anthropomorphic animals in general. It's extremely realistic to have items that spawn out of nothing, when matter can neither be created, or destroyed.

This game isn't made to be realistic, it's one of the most silly, fighting/party games of all time.

Imagine how many people would automatically break their SSB4 discs right away when they see that you run into people and you fall down.

Doubles matches would be a NIGHTMARE.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Now you're referring to Diddy's past. But I thought the past didn't matter, its his current status. At least, thats your argument. So, excuse me, but what the flying **** is the problem? Explain please.
Spydr Enzo, let's keep the discussion civil.

I know you're really getting into the debate, but throwing "****" out there every other post isn't necessary. Instead of focusing on what you want to say to get your point across, you should focus on what you want the other person to hear. I wouldn't want to hear "****ity ****ity **** Mc.****" every other post. :laugh:

What I was suggesting was a little more "solidity" to the game play.
Is this necessary?

UberMario

Smash Master
I know it isn't "realistic" in that aspect, but I mean, it looks quite wrong to have Mario's foot going right through Donkey Kong's head, or Pikachu's tail coming out of Bowser's nose etc.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I know it isn't "realistic" in that aspect, but I mean, it looks quite wrong to have Mario's foot going right through Donkey Kong's head, or Pikachu's tail coming out of Bowser's nose etc.
What, do you pause and try to make this happen on purpose?

There's no way you'll ever notice if you just play the game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What are you implying exactly?

The fact that he was a decent size in that "one game" means that he can in fact be a similar size in SSB4. Him being bigger in more games doesn't mean a thing.
Kraid was a "decent size" in that same "one game", too. That must mean he can be that size in SSB4, too.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of looks, are anyone opposed to having SSB4 looking similar or taking a similar route in terms of visuals as Sonic Unleashed?

It conveyed atmosphere and realism in a way that just felt right. Vibrant colors, lush visuals, cartoon-esque designs, etc. Brawl took the realism route as well, but unfortunately became a dark, dingy looking mess. The graphics were fine, but the look isn't Smash Bros.

But anyway, imagine SSB4 in HD with the visual quality that can rival that of a CG animated film, much like Sonic Unleashed.

Kraid was a "decent size" in that same "one game", too. That must mean he can be that size in SSB4, too.
If he was the one demanded to be in the roster, then perhaps. This silliness about being bigger in more games > being smaller in less is stupid. There's no other way to put it.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Spydr Enzo, let's keep the discussion civil.

I know you're really getting into the debate, but throwing "****" out there every other post isn't necessary. Instead of focusing on what you want to say to get your point across, you should focus on what you want the other person to hear.

Is this necessary?
Meh, that's just how I am. I can cus and do other **** like that and still get the **** point across, which I believe I am doing very well. I'll continue to post like this as long as the debate goes on, which should be a very long time if Pieman is this stubborn.

Sorry if it offends you or anyone else, but I'm not the only one I've seen swearing on the boards. The moderator and group leader of the SSB4 group happens to swear, and call others idiots as seen a few posts back. I'll be fine, again sorry if it offends anyone (it really shouldn't).

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if it offends you or anyone else, but I'm not the only one I've seen swearing on the boards. The moderator and group leader of the SSB4 group happens to swear, and call others idiots as seen a few posts back. I'll be fine, again sorry if it offends anyone (it really shouldn't).
I don't necessarily take any offense to it. I've actually been wondering for some time now why we have to censor ourselves when we curse. That's kinda pathetic, really.

I guess it just comes off as being belligerent, to me. But by all means, if it works for you, then forget what I said. :)

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
I'm almost tempted to demand that someone at least comment on that moveset. just throwing it out there.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Uh... no. If you are going to use that picture to prove that Kraid cannot be resized down to Samus's size in SSB4, I suggest you go visit the Smash Bros. Dojo and check out the "Boss Strategies" update (link provided below) where you will see that both versions of Ridley are clearly too big. Therefore I can use those pictures to prove that Ridley cannot be resized down to Samus's size in SSB4 just like you just proved to me that Kraid cannot be resized down to Samus's size in SSB4.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea15.html

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Uh... no. If you are going to use that picture to prove that Kraid cannot be resized down to Samus's size in SSB4, I suggest you go visit the Smash Bros. Dojo and check out the "Boss Strategies" update (link provided below) where you will see that both versions of Ridley are clearly too big. Therefore I can use those pictures to prove that Ridley cannot be resized down to Samus's size in SSB4 just like you just proved to me that Kraid cannot be resized down to Samus's size in SSB4.

Ridley's size is more reasonable though, since he's about the same(or even smaller) than Giga Bowser, whereas Kraid was the bloody background of the stage and moved it by constantly slapping it. also while Kraid was the same size as Samus in the original Metroid, they made him the same size he was in Super Metroid in the Remake Zero Mission, meaning they retconned his size.The only reasonable sized kraid was the fake one from Super Metroid that went down from one Super Missile .

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Kraid and Ridley can both be resized. Ridley has a greater chance of being playable, because he has more significance than Kraid.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/249/3/5/Brawl_Height_Chart_by_drag0nscythe.jpg

Ridley can be resized. I don't care how big he was - Bowser must've been 50 times the size of Mario in Mario Sunshine. All that matters is how he can be resized, and like drag0nscythe has shown, he can be.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So according to you, Ridley is about the same size as Giga Bowser. If that is the case, then his size is not reasonable for a playable character. Look at how big Giga Bowser is in Brawl - he's playable but it was temporary due to a Final Smash, at least. What you are suggesting is a playable character who is permanently big as Giga Bowser. Give Giga Bowser flying abilities like multiple jumping and gliding and we get Ridley, a broken character. If Ridley is that big and he picks up a Super Mushroom, he would grow even bigger he could probably rival Kraid's size in Melee. It is insane to have a playable Giga Bowser-sized Ridley, let alone a playable Kraid-sized Ridley.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No one is denying that Bowser was that big in Sunshine. I could infer that Bowser grew that big from the result of a) Kamek's magic or b) Mega Mushroom even though it wasn't shown in Sunshine. The point is, they are valid explanations since they do exist in Mario canon. There is absolutely nothing in any Metroid games that would imply Ridley and Kraid grew too big or shrank from one game to the next. It has been retconned that Ridley and Kraid have always been that big since the beginning.

Also, your "I don't care" statement is an opinion and it shows how desperate you are for Ridley... almost as desperate as that Tartlet who took the time to photoshop a bunch of Brawl pictures with Ridley.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Just throwing this out there, the general sales histories of various Nintendo franchises. Series with playable characters in yellow, others in white:

Super Mario Bros. --- 210+ million
Pokemon ------------- 186+ million

Wii Series ----------- 93+ million
Legend of Zelda ------ 57+ million
Donkey Kong ---------- 50+ million

Brain Age ------------ 31+ million
Kirby ---------------- 30+ million
Nintendogs ----------- 22+ million
Super Smash Bros. ---- 21+ million
Yoshi ---------------- 21+ million
Wario Land/WarioWare - 20+ million

Animal Crossing ------ 17+ million
Metroid -------------- 14+ million
Star Fox ------------- 10+ million

Big Brain Academy ----- 9+ million
F-Zero ---------------- 8+ million
Fire Emblem ----------- 6+ million
G&W Gallery ----------- 5+ million

Punch-Out!! ----------- 5+ million
Pikmin ---------------- 3+ million
Kid Icarus ------------ 2+ million
Mother/EarthBound ----- 2+ million
Ice Climber ----------- 2+ million

Golden Sun ------------ 2+ million
Gyromite/Stack-Up ----- 2+ million
Densetsu no Stafy ----- 1+ million
Electroplankton -------- 30,000 :(

For the curious, Sonic is around 52+ million and Metal Gear around 26+ million. 99% certain G&W Gallery is included in Mario sales, Yoshi might be too.

Had trouble finding conclusive sales for Sin & Punishment, Nintendo Wars, and the old Game & Watch games (though I know G&W had a couple million sellers in Fire, Manhole, and Octopus).

Added this since people seem to assume various things about which series are more successful than others, especially Zelda (fun fact: Zelda isn't as popular in Japan as it is in the rest of the world). At this point if anyone says Sakurai's opinion isn't the only thing that counts, you're in denial.

Also, Pieman, seriously take a look at Star Fox when you're talking about Donkey Kong. Everything you've said about DK applies to them as well, if not more so, yet that series has more characters than most. Your "DKC is old news" argument doesn't hold very well in comparison to SF64 vs. Assault/Command. I agree that Sakurai probably isn't interested in DK in general, but I still expect him to add a character or two to the series on the basis that all the series he favored previously are complete.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Just throwing this out there, the general sales histories of various Nintendo franchises. Series with playable characters in yellow, others in white:

For the curious, Sonic is around 52+ million and Metal Gear around 26+ million. 99% certain G&W Gallery is included in Mario sales, Yoshi might be too.

Had trouble finding conclusive sales for Sin & Punishment, Nintendo Wars, and the old Game & Watch games (though I know G&W had a couple million sellers in Fire, Manhole, and Octopus).

Added this since people seem to assume various things about which series are more successful than others, especially Zelda (fun fact: Zelda isn't as popular in Japan as it is in the rest of the world). At this point if anyone says Sakurai's opinion isn't the only thing that counts, you're in denial.

Also, Pieman, seriously take a look at Star Fox when you're talking about Donkey Kong. Everything you've said about DK applies to them as well, if not more so, yet that series has more characters than most. Your "DKC is old news" argument doesn't hold very well in comparison to SF64 vs. Assault/Command. I agree that Sakurai probably isn't interested in DK in general, but I still expect him to add a character or two to the series on the basis that all the series he favored previously are complete.
Thank you, once again, ToiseOfChoice, for blessing us with another of your brilliant posts. :) ToiseOfChoice, you have earned yourself some chocolate!

Now Pieman, seriously, you in your previous post have gone against a lot of your arguments regarding "status". For example, you are claiming that Diddy's past as a video game character is what helped him the most at getting a spot on the playable roster, when at the same time, you claim that we can't bring the past into this conversation because all that matters is the current status of the series. Those obviously contradict each other, you need to make up your mind. For now, the majority here can assume that Donkey Kong will get a new character, or at least there is an extremely likely chance of it. You're the only one I've heard that thinks otherwise because you are bringing status into the debate, which Sakurai obviously doesn't care about as made apparent by the fact that series like Starfox get more reps than Metroid, and most of the series got new reps while Mario didn't, and I can go on.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
No one is denying that Bowser was that big in Sunshine. I could infer that Bowser grew that big from the result of a) Kamek's magic or b) Mega Mushroom even though it wasn't shown in Sunshine. The point is, they are valid explanations since they do exist in Mario canon. There is absolutely nothing in any Metroid games that would imply Ridley and Kraid grew too big or shrank from one game to the next. It has been retconned that Ridley and Kraid have always been that big since the beginning.

Also, your "I don't care" statement is an opinion and it shows how desperate you are for Ridley... almost as desperate as that Tartlet who took the time to photoshop a bunch of Brawl pictures with Ridley.
First of all, on your first paragraph, I just want to say that SMASH ISN'T CANONICAL. It doesn't matter if Ridley is resized in that respect.

In the respect that SkylerOcon and drag0nscythe's "opinion" shows "how desperate they are" for Ridley, it's fact. That chart PROVES that Ridley can be resized with the rest of the cast.

And just for the record, calling drag0nscythe a "tartlet" is just plain obnoxious.

EDIT: Also, there's a thing called the "Edit" button. I'm using it right now, see? Please don't double-post.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
So according to you, Ridley is about the same size as Giga Bowser. If that is the case, then his size is not reasonable for a playable character. Look at how big Giga Bowser is in Brawl - he's playable but it was temporary due to a Final Smash, at least. What you are suggesting is a playable character who is permanently big as Giga Bowser. Give Giga Bowser flying abilities like multiple jumping and gliding and we get Ridley, a broken character. If Ridley is that big and he picks up a Super Mushroom, he would grow even bigger he could probably rival Kraid's size in Melee. It is insane to have a playable Giga Bowser-sized Ridley, let alone a playable Kraid-sized Ridley.
Wait, what?! Are you blind?

http://www.forevernintendo.com/SmashBrosSeries/Wii/SuperSmashBrosBrawl/FinalSmashes/Bowser.jpg

That's how big Giga Bowser is.

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/249/3/5/Brawl_Height_Chart_by_drag0nscythe.jpg

That's how big Ridley could be (just slightly larger than Ganondorf!).

No one is denying that Bowser was that big in Sunshine. I could infer that Bowser grew that big from the result of a) Kamek's magic or b) Mega Mushroom even though it wasn't shown in Sunshine.
Not only is Kamek not in Sunshine, Bowser wouldn't be taking Mega Mushrooms to chill in his hot tub. /marionerd

The point is, they are valid explanations since they do exist in Mario canon. There is absolutely nothing in any Metroid games that would imply Ridley and Kraid grew too big or shrank from one game to the next. It has been retconned that Ridley and Kraid have always been that big since the beginning.
It doesn't matter how big they are in the games. Kirby is eight inches tall in the Kirby games - Dedede isn't much bigger! And yet, we have Dedede as one of the bigger characters in the cast. Characters can and have been resized.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace

That's how big Ridley could be (just slightly larger than Ganondorf!).
Great picture, Ridley actually looks more possible than I thought. Although I believe he could be a bit bigger without being to big to be playable. Anyway, I have changed my view on Ridley. He seems possible, very likely, a recurring Metroid character, and best of all, he has immense popularity on his side, one of the most popular.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
**** it Spydr Enzo why are you part of the SSB4 Discussion Group when I'm not AUGHHH

Actually, you deserve it. The whole SSB4 ROSTER PREDICTION thing is pretty intelligent.

I still wish I was a member, though... :(

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
**** it Spydr Enzo why are you part of the SSB4 Discussion Group when I'm not AUGHHH

Actually, you deserve it. The whole SSB4 ROSTER PREDICTION thing is pretty intelligent.

I still wish I was a member, though... :(
:laugh: Thanks, you've made many intelligent posts yourself, I was a bit surprised actually when I didn't see people like you and Fatmanonice in the group. It's not up to me who gets in though, sorry. If it were, though, you, Fatmanonice, and ToiseOfChoice would be in. :)

(Sorry if I didn't include some people, I don't want to offend anyone or hurt feelings... :laugh:)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Thanks for proving my point, Skyler. You showed how big Giga Bowser really is. And lordvaati was the one who said Ridley is about as big as Giga Bowser, not I. Ridley cannot be playable if he's permanently big like that.

Also, that chart does not prove anything to me. It just proves to me that anything is possible with Photoshop. I could edit a bunch of Brawl pictures with Rayquaza and then claim that it can be resized down to Bowser's size to be playable. It doesn't mean Rayquaza should be resized because it simply doesn't make sense in spite of the whole "Smash isn't canonical" argument.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Garrr. Why can't Smashboards just delete posts you've made in a thread at your command?

Ignore this post, sorry.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Thanks for proving my point, Skyler. You showed how big Giga Bowser really is. And lordvaati was the one who said Ridley is about as big as Giga Bowser, not I. Ridley cannot be playable if he's permanently big like that.

Also, that chart does not prove anything to me. It just proves to me that anything is possible with Photoshop. I could edit a bunch of Brawl pictures with Rayquaza and then claim that it can be resized down to Bowser's size to be playable. It doesn't mean Rayquaza should be resized because it simply doesn't make sense in spite of the whole "Smash isn't canonical" argument.

they were around the same(apparently Gigs ballooned in Brawl). and as stated earlier, this resizing is still more logical- after all, Kirby was 8 inches, and I think it was even stated in the bio that they made him bigger.

and if that's not enough proof, take Olimar- that guy was 4 centimeters, but he was resized.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Spare me the whole "Kirby is 8 inches tall!" diatribe. I've heard it over 9000 times its really old. Kirby may be 8 inches tall in his reality (the Kirby universe) but it does not mean he is 8 inches tall in the other realities (the other Nintendo universes). Olimar may be the size of a quarter in his reality (the Pikmin universe) but 8 inches tall in Kirby's reality and just 5 feet tall in Mario's reality (the Marioverse, including Wario, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi). In that same respect, Samus may be about 6 feet tall in her reality (the Metroid universe) and just the size of a quarter in Olimar's reality and just 10 inches tall in Kirby's reality. All the playable characters who appear 3D may be 3D in their respective realities but they are all 2D in Mr. Game & Watch's reality (the Game & Watch universe). As for overpowered Ganondorf and underpowered Olimar due to "staying true to their franchises", I could argue that Ganondorf and Olimar are equals, only that Ganondorf is underpowered to Olimar's level in the Pikmin universe and Olimar is overpowered to Ganondorf's level in the Zelda universe. Note that when I say "reality" and "universe", I meant the stages from different Nintendo franchises.

If this concept is too hard to grasp, think of this this way... Jimmy Neutron is 3D like the rest of his reality (the Jimmy Neutron universe) while Timmy Turner is 2D like the rest of his reality (the Fairly Oddparents universe). When Jimmy and Timmy switch places, Jimmy becomes 2D in Timmy's reality while Timmy becomes 3D in Jimmy's reality. Yeah, something like that.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
then this of course the Kraid argument is pointless, since Kraid was shown to be quite huge in Smash Bros. reality. but also, Ridley ( and Meta-Ridley, for that matter) were shown to be bigger in Smash Reality, too. since both sides counterpoints have fallen, the fight is, by definition, over.

see what I did there?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Very good post. I will add that earlier Zeldas appeal more to the Japanese. The best two selling Zelda games are Zelda 1 and 2 on the NES (which is why Temple was a stage in Melee).

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
now that I think about it... doesn't Japan actually hate Metroid? no wonder it had so few reps...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Speaking of looks, are anyone opposed to having SSB4 looking similar or taking a similar route in terms of visuals as Sonic Unleashed?

It conveyed atmosphere and realism in a way that just felt right. Vibrant colors, lush visuals, cartoon-esque designs, etc. Brawl took the realism route as well, but unfortunately became a dark, dingy looking mess. The graphics were fine, but the look isn't Smash Bros.

But anyway, imagine SSB4 in HD with the visual quality that can rival that of a CG animated film, much like Sonic Unleashed.

If he was the one demanded to be in the roster, then perhaps. This silliness about being bigger in more games > being smaller in less is stupid. There's no other way to put it.
We're not going to see something rivaling Pixar, but I wouldn't mind seeing something like you had in mind. Most of the characters already in Smash come from a cartoony or anime-esque series, with Snake being the exception, so it could work with no problems. The Mario series would that proper cartoony fell and Samus can look like she's not in the 90's.

For example in SSB4:

The passing through thing is something inherent in 3D fighting games. The animations of each of the characters simply interact with each other. There would be too much time involved to get rid of this.

Nevertheless, I still think being a mini-boss is a more fitting role for him.
There shouldn't be minibosses, period. Characters at that size might as well be characters. Otherwise, it's giving the finger to the people who wanted those characters. Anyway, if you know anything about the MOTHER games, it's that Claus was the final boss in MOTHER 3. Porky would be a miniboss before him. Also, all the MOTHER games are in the same universe, it's not like Final Fantasy.

Anyway, I want to say something about Mewtwo. If he returns, I want him to be a fast and heavy character. Sounds broken huh? Well, the catch is that he's like 6'7 in the games so he could be sized to where he's an easy target. This way, Mewtwo can be the kickass character he was meant to be.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
hmm...... i can acually see how mewtwo would fit in the plot if he is going to come back, which i doubt seeing theres other pokemon that well probably be used besides him.

any way, sorry ive been gone for the past week. been busy.

thxs for the sales chart for the franchises. though your not giving me the x or y antrivals are you.

nice pic you proved your point for ridleys size.

can we change the subject. i dont wana argue about size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom