• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Even though all your ideas besides the Assist Trophies are unlikely, Meta-Knight, Bowser needs the Koopa Clown Car as an entrance, Up Special, or Final Smash. Personally, Giga Bowser was so much more fun to fight as a boss in Melee. I'd prefer Bowser not have it as a Whirling Fortress replacement, however; it's too much of a staple of his ground game. Maybe but Fortress as an actually decent dash attack, and have the Clown Car as a recovery?
Whirling Fortress is awesome, I hope they never get rid of that move. Like you said though, I'm hoping the Clown Car is both an entrance and Final Smash. I don't see how it could be an up special though. Personally, I think the Clown Car would be a much cooler FS than playable Giga Bowser.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Whirling Fortress is awesome, I hope they never get rid of that move. Like you said though, I'm hoping the Clown Car is both an entrance and Final Smash. I don't see how it could be an up special though. Personally, I think the Clown Car would be a much cooler FS than playable Giga Bowser.
People say the Clown Car could be a controllable recovery, a bit like Cypher. I think a good option would be to keep Whirling Fortress as a dash attack, replacing Bowser's lame lunge he has now. Then, he can have the Clown Car as a recovery. I'm just surprised it wasn't anywhere in Brawl at all, except two SSE cutscenes.

n88

Smash Lord
I meant that there have been many popular characters in the Zelda series, like Masked Link, Agahnim, KoRL and Linebeck who never even returned as a cameo. It's unlikely that Wolf Link will looking back at them.
IIRC, Linebeck was in the last LoZ game (Phantom Hourglass). He hasn't had a chance to cameo.

Clown Car is full of win. I've actually had hte same idea about making Whirling Fortress his Dash Attack.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Clown Car seems to akward too work well. It would just spawn out of air, completely covering him, right? And then what? He'd fall straight through it or something? I think the Whirling Fortress works well enough as it is, and that while the Clown Car could have been something like a FS, it simply isn't the type of thing would work as a standard move.

UberMario

Smash Master
Giga Bowser should be a boss again and the Clown Car should be his FS. It would drop Big Steelies everywhere while occasionally spiking into the stage.

King D

Smash Rookie
If Nintendo makes a fourth game:

they need to fix the landmasters, they fall through small holes too easily
also change Falco's final smash from Landmaster to calling down an Arwing attack

expand the metroid universe, add some hunters, like Stylux or Weavile

bring back mewtwo, he wasn't a clone so why cut him in the first place

on third party characters, don't go overboard
spyro, crash and some more sonic characters would be interesting as they would fit in with the cast
also billy hatcher, a Sega character would be a good addition

luigify gannodorf, he has a sword, he should use it, besides, he's not even from the same series as captain falcon

add meowth; just like king dedede he was supposed to be in SSB 64
speaking of pokemon, they should put the unknown back in the pokeballs

scorekid100

Smash Apprentice
Giga bowser would be awesome as a boss again, and maybe expand on the universe's that only have one character like metroid,f-zero,sonic the hedgehog etc. Also ganon has a sword so let him use it! I think they should completly revamp his moveset with his sword attacks and dark magic attacks(flame choke,wizards foot etc).

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo makes a fourth game:

they need to fix the landmasters, they fall through small holes too easily
also change Falco's final smash from Landmaster to calling down an Arwing attack

expand the metroid universe, add some hunters, like Stylux or Weavile

bring back mewtwo, he wasn't a clone so why cut him in the first place

on third party characters, don't go overboard
spyro, crash and some more sonic characters would be interesting as they would fit in with the cast
also billy hatcher, a Sega character would be a good addition

luigify gannodorf, he has a sword, he should use it, besides, he's not even from the same series as captain falcon

add meowth; just like king dedede he was supposed to be in SSB 64
speaking of pokemon, they should put the unknown back in the pokeballs
Make Falco's FS the Sky Claw (from Star Fox Command), add Tails (but that's it for Sonic characters), and keep Meowth in the Pokeballs with Unown. Then I'll be happy.

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
Here's an idea for an item: the "Smash Puppet!" Basically, it look like a normal mannequin at first, but it transforms to look like the fighter who picked it up and assists its master with its copied fighting style until either its time limit runs out or it gets destroyed.

Got any comments for this idea?
In melee, this was the idea for ditto

Tacel

Smash Lord
Giga bowser would be awesome as a boss again
Yes! In SSE, they could give Bowser an alter ego of pure evil (yes, more evil than he already is) and he turns into Giga Bowser. And at one point you have to fight him.
It would be like the Hulk.
Also ganon has a sword so let him use it!
Ganondorf would be even more of a beast if he had his sword. I would play as Ganondorf if they gave him his sword.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do you guys think that they should return with a sequel to the Subspace Emissary in SSB4? It's estimated that roughly 60% of Brawl's development was spent on the SSE so it could easily be argued that the time could easily be spent on other things. I only want to see it come back if they genuinelly improve it.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Giga Bowser, Triforce Slash, and any other FS that doesn't actually pertain to the character in a game other than Smash needs to go.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Do you guys think that they should return with a sequel to the Subspace Emissary in SSB4? It's estimated that roughly 60% of Brawl's development was spent on the SSE so it could easily be argued that the time could easily be spent on other things. I only want to see it come back if they genuinelly improve it.
I think that there should be an even longer SSE for Smash 4. I loved all of the surprises the first time playing SSE. I couldn't stop playing. I was truly addicted. I really want to relive that unexplainable feeling with a new plot. The reason that I want it to be longer, is because a longer SSE might bring extra space for more characters for the plot, and the more characters in the plot, the better the plot (unless, of course, there are too many characters, in my opinion). It's like a circle of awesomeness! Oh, and SSE needs more Ganondorf, Bowser, and Wario... hahahah. But seriously. They make it even cooler.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I feel that adding more bad guys and locations from Nintendo games to SSE would really improve it.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I would like to see a sequel to the Subspace Emissary, but I don't think so much time should be put into it (or at least as much as it was in Brawl). I loved the idea of Nintendo characters coming together to stop a force bigger than them, seeing how they interacted with each other kind of intrigued me.

But, if they make one, there needs to be actual Nintendo enemies (more than the Koopa Troop) like Kremlings, Zelda Monsters, etc.

ON ANOTHER NOTE...

Remember before Brawl when the iSmash Bros. internet sites were flooded with player's fan-made rosters followed by ratings and comments and criticism? For old times sake, I decided to post my SBB4 roster. Please rate, comment, or provide criticism as long as it's constructive. Maybe it will branch off inot separate subjects and get a little discussion going on here.

This probably isn't totally realistic, but I feel most of these characters have good chances.

Anyway, here it is:

MARIO
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.*

DONKEY KONG
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong

LEGEND OF ZELDA
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf*
Toon Link
Toon Zelda*

METROID
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley*

YOSHI
Yoshi

KIRBY
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

STARFOX
Fox
Falco
Wolf*
Krystal*

POKEMON
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
(5th-generation Pokemon)*

F-ZERO
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh*

EARTHBOUND (MOTHER)
Ness
Lucas

FIRE EMBLEM
Marth
Ike
(New Fire Emblem Lord)*

WARIOWARE
Wario

PIKMIN
Olimar

NEW SERIES
Isaac (or a new Golden Sun character)
Ray Mk III

RETRO SERIES
Ice Climbers
Pit
Little Mac
Mr. Game & Watch*
R.O.B.*
Balloon Fighter*

THIRD PARTY SERIES
Snake*
Sonic*
Megaman*

There is a total of 48 characters, not counting transformations. There are 13 newcomers, around the same amount of newcomers we usually recieve. 17 characters are hidden. My reasoning for this is simply based on a trend. We had 11 hidden in Melee, plus 3 more made fourteen in Brawl. Add three to that and you get 17. Of course this isn't much of a trend and it isn't likely but I feel it fits well.

There are two hidden veterans from each game (* = hidden), not including Third Parties from Brawl (Luigi, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Wolf, plus Sonic and Snake). There are four starting newcomers, the same amount we had in Melee (Dixie Kong, Little Mac, Isaac, and Ray Mk III). I chose Dixie Kong because she is a new Donkey Kong character as was Diddy, and he was starting as well. One of the two retro characers are usually starting, in this case Little Mac, and the two new series in Brawl (not counting retro or third party) were starting, so I felt it would be appropriate for Isaac and Ray Mk to be as well.

I know characters like Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, and Balloon Fighter will recieve a lot of criticism. My reasons for Dixie Kong and Toon Zelda is that they have recieved a lot more attention from Sakurai, and Balloon Fighter is kind of a place holder, he is really the only character in there because of bias. But don't let these little things cause too much trouble please.

Also, no Ridley rants. I don't care if "HEH IZ TOOO BIG!!1!one!!1!"

So what do you think?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Toon Zelda is still a bad choice, and the justification that Sakurai may have planned on adding her in Brawl is a very ill excuse, especally considering how much of a edge Tingle has on her. By that logic, you should also add in Mewtwo, Roy, Doc, and whoever Para_Mai was supposed to be. In addition it seems fairly odd that you included Dixie and Toon Zelda based on Sakurai's interest, but you also added in BF, who Sakurai specifically said wouldn't work.

Oh, and I still stand by my old opinions on the DK series not getting a third rep, the inclusion of a second WW character, and also the inclusion of a playable Mii (or its next gen equivilant) to make a cheap version of a create-a-character.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
Giga Bowser, Triforce Slash, and any other FS that doesn't actually pertain to the character in a game other than Smash needs to go.
then a great majority of the fs would disappear. at least they have some connection to the character. (maybe not yoshi's) plus there aren't that many good ideas for fs that aren't just plain awkward

does any one else notice that there are two pages infront of this one even though recent posts go on this one.

omg, there must be posts from the future going in there right now, we have broken the rules of time and space!!!!!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yoshi's FS is actually one that comes from a game, aka Super Mario World. But in any case, even if a FS isn't directly from a game, like Link, Mario, or Samus's FS, as long as they are technically something that the character could believably do, its fine by me.

And yes, I've noticed that page thing, and its quite annoying.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
then a great majority of the fs would disappear. at least they have some connection to the character. (maybe not yoshi's) plus there aren't that many good ideas for fs that aren't just plain awkward

does any one else notice that there are two pages infront of this one even though recent posts go on this one.

omg, there must be posts from the future going in there right now, we have broken the rules of time and space!!!!!
I see why some are difficult to come up with, but it still seems strange that their ultimate moves are something they never do (I'm looking at you Ness and Lucas). When you get right down to it, the movesets are not that faithful for any of the characters except the Kirby ones (could be wrong), Olimar, and Game and Watch.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who sees that we have extra pages.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Toon Zelda is still a bad choice, and the justification that Sakurai may have planned on adding her in Brawl is a very ill excuse, especally considering how much of a edge Tingle has on her. By that logic, you should also add in Mewtwo, Roy, Doc, and whoever Para_Mai was supposed to be. In addition it seems fairly odd that you included Dixie and Toon Zelda based on Sakurai's interest, but you also added in BF, who Sakurai specifically said wouldn't work.
>.<

No one has some magical edge on others Sakurai adds characters people will like. NONE OF YOU actually look at what people would be happy with. If you did, you'd know people hate Tingle, and that is a terrible idea.

Clownbot

Smash Lord

Oh, and I still stand by my old opinions on the DK series not getting a third rep, the inclusion of a second WW character, and also the inclusion of a playable Mii (or its next gen equivilant) to make a cheap version of a create-a-character.
Eheh, didn't you argue that Dixie's more likely than K. Rool? I know you don't think a third DK rep can get in at all, just saying.

*prepares for World War III*

>.<

No one has some magical edge on others Sakurai adds characters people will like. NONE OF YOU actually look at what people would be happy with. If you did, you'd know people hate Tingle, and that is a terrible idea.
This is kind of contradictory. We're the people playing Smash, so we know what we would and wouldn't be happy with.

And a lot of people LIKE Tingle, also.

*braces self*

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
I loved the cutscenes and the new spin it took on all the characters but, all in all, it kind of felt like a mediocre platformer despite how much time was spent on it.
It felt like a sidescrolling beat em up. It would be more platformy if the walls were closing in like classic Sonic, or if sh*t fell off the ceiling.

Isidro25

Smash Cadet
SmashChu, I've always respected you man, and I'm indifferent towards Tingle, but he has a great popularity in Japan and Europe. His latest game for the DS was awarded 34 points by Famitsu.

...I have decided to start a page with my own ideas on how I would make a Smash game. This is not merely the roster, but also ideas for improvements on game modes, music, new features, and so on. I want to know if you guys would support me by checking on the page regularly when it's released and commenting on it. Also, any help on what page I should use for that purpose would be really appreciated.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Sorry ive been gone :)
Don't be.

Seriously, don't.

@Enzo: Good list. My only major qualms with it are the Zelda section and the Third Parties (Snake? Snake? SNAAAAAKE!? :mad:), but it's still somewhat accurate.

I know Snake has his chances, it's mainly my opinion.

EDIT: @Isidro: I can't wait. :) Do you mean you'll make a post or something in regards to it? If you make a whole new thread (at least, if it's in here), the mods will lock it faster than you can say "Ridley can be resized". :laugh:

Isidro25

Smash Cadet
Hehe, I'm aware, Clownbot :laugh: That's why I want to do it on a external page. The thing is, I haven't found the right way; I find Blogspot to be a bit unpractical for the purpose, and I don't know where I could start it besides it.

One thing's for sure; with 50+ pages worth of ideas, it's going to have several updates :laugh:

Blue the Blur

Smash Rookie

SHADOW

theme:All Hail Shadow(Instrumental)

Level:Final Hazard like delfino plaza except you'll be flying around space on a platform you will land on top of the biolizard and the space colony and be able to fight up there while youre close to the biolizard the pink orbs can hit you and he is constantly moving his neck up and down making a arch (like green hill) which is iideal for shadow and sonic. and when your flying the biolizard can shoot beams at you

HE IS A LITTLE BIT SLOWER THAN SONIC BUT MORE STRONGER

ENTRY:Shadow comes out of a chaos control warp

STANCE:he has his arms to the side with his hands unclutched

IDLE 1:when shadow is standing there without movement he will cross his arm

IDLE 2:He will leave one arm to his side unclutched and he will pick up the other one and clutch it

WINNING 1:shadow will do his his victory from sonic adventure 2 he slides and then crosses his arm he will say "hmmm come back when youre ready"

WINNING 2:shadow will pull out the green chaos emerald and say "chaos control" he will dissapear for a breif moment and will come back on one knee and have his hand clutched in front of his face and the emerald in the other
something like this

WINNING 3:Shadow will say i am the ultimate life form
standing like this

SPECIALS
B- CHAOS SPEAR charges up like lucarios except its not a ball its a line of energy can stun if charged up like zss b
SIDE B-will be the light dash but you have to do a spin charge and you will have light orbs(sa2) around you and the next time you click side b you can do the light dash it goes strait foward like foxs side b except a little more knockback
UP B-Chaos controll same as mewtwos in melee except its green around shadow
Down B-Spin Dash more knockback then sonics

A-punch
A2x-karate chop to the side
A3x-side kick

SIDE A-Does a karate chop
DOWN A-does a kick with both of his feet at the same time while balancing on his arms
UP A-Does a flip but doesent go in to a complete ball can cause fire because of hover shoes

DASH ATTACK-does a karate chop at a 90 degree angle and can cause a trip

AERIAL SIDE-does a kick causes fire from shoe
AERIAL DOWN -a blast of fire comes from shoe causes fire
AERIAL UP-Flips with fire around him

GRABS when he grabs he just punches
SIDE jumps up a little bit and does a horse kick in the air
UP throws up and shoots a chaos spear at the foe
DOWN he puts the foe under him and blasts fire from his shoe

SMASH UP-he does a uppercut it has a dark effect to it
SIDE SMASH-he elbows to whichever side it has a dark effect
DOWN SMASH-he does a circular sweep all around him dark effect also

FINAL SMASH CHAOS BLAST HE TURNS RED AND CHARGES THE FOE IN FRONT OF HIM AND PUNCHES KARATE CHOPS KICKS and all that good stuff
or
FINAL SMASH HE TURNS INTO SUPER SHADOW HIS KNOCK BACK ISNT AS HEAVY AS SONIC BUT REDUCED BY HALF BUT BY PUSHING B HE CAN USE CHAOS SPEAR AND STUN THE ENEMY

taunt up -adjusts his rings around his wrists
taunt side-shadow gets on his knee and looks around
taunt down-fire comes out of his shoe and he is up in the air a couple inches then he lands back

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
A typical fan-made SSB4 roster typically consists of all 35 characters from Brawl because a typical fan doesn't want anyone to be removed or replaced. Also, these are the 13 characters you would find in a typical fan-made SSB4 roster.

1. 5th Mario character
2. 3rd Donkey Kong character
3. 5th Zelda character
4. 2nd Metroid character
5. 4th Star Fox character
6. 2nd F-Zero character
7. 5th Pokemon character
8. 3rd Fire Emblem character
9. 3rd Third Party character
10. Retro character #1
11. Retro character #2
12. New character #1
13. New character #2

So, when you have seen too many fan-made SSB4 rosters, you would realize that this is how a typical fan-made SSB4 roster looks like.

Retro - 6
1. Ice Climbers
2. Mr. Game & Watch
3. Pit
4. R.O.B.
5. & 6. Little Mac or Balloon Fighter or Lip

Mario Main - 5
7. Mario
8. Luigi
9. Peach
10. Bowser
11. Bowser Jr. or Dr. Mario or Geno or Paper Mario or Toad or Waluigi

Zelda - 5
12. Link
13. Zelda / Sheik
14. Ganondorf
15. Toon Link
16. Toon Zelda or Tingle

Pokemon - 5
17. Pikachu
18. Pokemon Trainer
19. Lucario
20. Jigglypuff
21. Mewtwo or 5th gen Pokemon

Star Fox - 4
22. Fox
23. Falco
24. Wolf
25. Krystal

Donkey Kong - 3
26. Donkey Kong
27. Diddy Kong or Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong
28. Dixie Kong or King K. Rool

Kirby - 3
29. Kirby
30. Meta Knight
31. King Dedede

Fire Emblem - 3
32. Marth
33. Ike
34. Roy or Micaiah or New Lord

New - 3
35. Olimar
36. & 37. Isaac or Saki Amamiya or Andy or Ray Mk III or Animal Crosser or Mii or Starfy

Third Party - 3
38. Snake
39. Sonic
40. Mega Man or a second Sonic character

Mario Spin-off - 2
41. Yoshi
42. Wario

Metroid - 2
43. Samus / Zero Suit Samus
44. Ridley or Dark Samus

F-Zero - 2
45. Captain Falcon
46. Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow

Mother - 2
47. Ness
48. Lucas

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I would like to see a sequel to the Subspace Emissary, but I don't think so much time should be put into it (or at least as much as it was in Brawl). I loved the idea of Nintendo characters coming together to stop a force bigger than them, seeing how they interacted with each other kind of intrigued me.
I hated the SSE. It was clear that nearly all of developement went into it, and it ended up as a completely generic platformer. Smash is about Nintendo's worlds colliding, why don't we see actually see things from series? Where are the Dodongos and Metroids as enemies? Why don't we have Magnus von Grapple or some other robot instead of some terrible original creation like Galleom? In SSB4, hopefully less development time goes into the SSE, and more goes into adding more characters, balancing the roster and fixing the online.

MARIO
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.*
Perfect.

DONKEY KONG
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
If we get another Donkey Kong rep, which is a safe bet, it will be K.Rool. Dixie may have been planned, but she was a Nana to Diddy and the fact that they couldn't get her to work shows that they may not be able to for SSB4. K.Rool also has more popularity and continually shows up in the Donkey Kong series, whereas Dixie was replaced by Tiny in DK64 and henceforth was a dead character revived for spinoffs, like Birdo or Daisy.

LEGEND OF ZELDA
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf*
Toon Link
Toon Zelda*
Lolwut? You know I object to this already from the social group, but including Toon Zelda over Tingle is absolutely ridiculous. Yes she was planned for Brawl but that was because she would have such an easy moveset and Tingle didn't have the huge advantage over Toon Zelda yet. Now Tingle has four of his own games, the only one other than Link to, and massive popularity outside of America. Yes the West dislikes him somewhat but one region can't overrule popularity in the rest. Besides, he can be a punching bag, something we lack with the removal of Pichu.

METROID
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley*
Perfect.

YOSHI
Yoshi
Yeah, Yoshi has no need for another rep. Perfect.

KIRBY
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Perfect, Kirby doesn't need another rep and doesn't have any options for another.

STARFOX
Fox
Falco
Wolf*
Krystal*
Ugh Krystal. Why would you add another Star Fox character when the series is overrepped already and it's clear that it would be another clone? Remember, it would be a horrible move for Sakurai to do that. If the LANDMASTAAH fad gets any worse... Sakurai will probably focus on decloning Falco and Wolf (not really a clone).

POKEMON
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
(5th-generation Pokemon)*
Perfect.

F-ZERO
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh*
Oh boy. I don't want to drag this debate to the thread, but BS is soo much more likely. Yes Goroh has recieved more attention, but the trophies and stickers have been shown to mean nothing at all, and the fact that he was an AT shows that he may have been disqualified early in development plus he makes for a more interesting AT. Besides, even if Sakurai has a small amount of bias for Goroh, he's far more reasonable than including a character he sort of prefers over a character with far more popularity and significance (Goroh is practically a joke now).

EARTHBOUND (MOTHER)
Ness
Lucas
Perfect. Well not quite because we never needed two Mother reps but it's likely to stay as it is.

FIRE EMBLEM
Marth
Ike
(New Fire Emblem Lord)*
Perfect.

WARIOWARE
Wario
Perfect.

PIKMIN
Olimar
Perfect.

NEW SERIES
Isaac (or a new Golden Sun character)
Ray Mk III
How about adding another new series character like Tom Nook or Paper Mario? You have 48 characters, why not make it 49 so plus random it can make a pretty-looking five-by-ten box? The new series you chose are the right ones though, just be aware that the GS3 protagonist is likely to usurp Isaac's spot.

RETRO SERIES
Ice Climbers
Pit
Little Mac
Mr. Game & Watch*
R.O.B.*
Balloon Fighter*
Two new retro characters is kind of unnecesary. You say that Balloon Fighter is a placeholder, which doesn't make sense as we don't get new retro characters, we just do with the ones we have. In any case a second retro character should be Lip.

THIRD PARTY SERIES
Snake*
Sonic*
Megaman*
Perfect.

So what do I think? There are quite a few problems with it but otherwise it's decent.

SmashChu said:
>.<

GWAAH people do like Tingle and the West is the only region that hates him. One region isn't enough to overrule the rest of the world, and Tingle would make for an excellent punching bag, which we lack with the removal of Pichu.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Eheh, didn't you argue that Dixie's more likely than K. Rool? I know you don't think a third DK rep can get in at all, just saying.

*prepares for World War III*
I don't say Dixie Kong's planning is in fact the reason though, but rather her role within the series. The fact that she was planned does help in some regards, given tha that a moveset was likely invisioned for her, which is technically more than you can say for Toon Zelda. (Given that she had a transformation into Toon Sheik, instead of Tetra, its pretty clear that she was just a clone.)

And on that note...

If we get another Donkey Kong rep, which is a safe bet, it will be K.Rool. Dixie may have been planned, but she was a Nana to Diddy and the fact that they couldn't get her to work shows that they may not be able to for SSB4. K.Rool also has more popularity and continually shows up in the Donkey Kong series, whereas Dixie was replaced by Tiny in DK64 and henceforth was a dead character revived for spinoffs, like Birdo or Daisy.
Given that Nana can work, and Dixie couldn't then its very well possible that she was in fact not like Nana at all. The most logical choice, given that a good deal of Diddy's moves don't make sense with Dixie/can't work with her, is that she would be like a mix of the Ice Climbers and Zelda/Sheik. How? Look at DKC2, where one always follows the other on the screen, and they can be switched out between each other. Odds are, this is what was going to happen, given the akward motion of Diddy's down B. (Plus it seems odd that character just spawns out a pre-existing item as one of their moves...can't remember if anyone actually does that outside of Peach on random occasion with bombs and swords)

Whatever the case, if the DK series simply stopped with DK64, the notion that she is dead within the series would be true, but the series actually did go on, and Dixie along with it, playable each time. And as far as being a cameo character, the fact that it took so very very long for K.Rool to actually get in as a cameo indicates that he's really not that popular, if it took Nintendo so long to actually use him.

Oh boy. I don't want to drag this debate to the thread, but BS is soo much more likely. Yes Goroh has recieved more attention, but the trophies and stickers have been shown to mean nothing at all, and the fact that he was an AT shows that he may have been disqualified early in development plus he makes for a more interesting AT. Besides, even if Sakurai has a small amount of bias for Goroh, he's far more reasonable than including a character he sort of prefers over a character with far more popularity and significance (Goroh is practically a joke now).
How do we know that trophies and stickers don't mean anything if we haven't gotten SSB4 yet to verify that? And the fact that Black Shadow wasn't a AT could indicate that he was never even considered in the first place. And of course he'd make a more interesting AT, since he actually has the pottential for his own moves. All that Black Shadow ever did in the games was create a clone beam and get stranggled by Deathborne. Really, Black Shadow is a joke now, being the minion of another minion. If you're going to try to get the anime involved in this, then you may also want to rethink your claims on Goroh, given his character within that canon.

UberMario

Smash Master
i love bowser's fs too much already to enjoy seeing it changed, i hated how there was absolutly no way to play giga bowser, at least in brawl, i get a small taste of true power.
It doesn't last long enough to be fun for me. :ohwell:

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Pieman, I have a counter ready but this kind of debate never ends, so I'm not posting it. I want this debate to die right now. :ohwell:

In a non-spammish note, I love Bowser's final smash. It's a great throwback to Melee.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I am just wondering:

If it is true that Dixie is more Deserving than K.Rool, would anyone actually prefer Dixie to get in? K.Rool just seems a better choice to me personally.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
KirbyWorshipper2465 said:
There needs to be more playable villains, after all.
No there doesn't. You deserve it or you don't, and being a villian (or a female) has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom