• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacel

Smash Lord
No there don't. You deserve it or you don't, and being a villian (or a female) has nothing to do with it.
I think what what KirbyWorshipper2465 meant was that there are several villains who deserve to get in but didn't, such as King K. Rool, Ridley, and Bowser Jr.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I don't see how K.Rool would even deserve getting in outside of being a villain though. He's not particularly unique or interesting, and the only thing he's really got is that he is the main villain of the DK series.

But anyways, as for your roster, Dragonscythe, I won't go into the technical problems I have with Black Shadow or K.Rool, but I will point out three things....

1. I don't think Diskun could work...like ever. Its like saying that the Mushroom symbol for the Mario series, or the Triforce symbol could work or something.
2. Naming the Pokemon Trainer Red is odd, especially if you named the female PT Leaf. Shouldn't it be Blue or Green or something?
3. The picture you have there is of Mega Man X, instead of the original Mega Man. While you may like X more than the original, you should label it as such. (But in any case, there's no way that the original Mega Man would be beat out by X anyways, but that's a different story)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
SmashChu, I've always respected you man, and I'm indifferent towards Tingle, but he has a great popularity in Japan and Europe. His latest game for the DS was awarded 34 points by Famitsu.
And he's absolutely hated here. Yet all of you think he's a great idea. Sakurai said he only wants to add characters that people want to play. Tingle defeats this idea. Tingle wont get in because he's hated. It would be dumb to add a character people hate when the goal is to make people happy.

Isidro25

Smash Cadet
And he's absolutely hated here. Yet all of you think he's a great idea. Sakurai said he only wants to add characters that people want to play. Tingle defeats this idea. Tingle wont get in because he's hated. It would be dumb to add a character people hate when the goal is to make people happy.
Now, now, buddy; I never mentioned he was a great idea, I'm merely stating that it wouldn't be too out of the question for him to be present in SSB4. Besides, not all of the roster choices in the Smash series has made people happy. Different points of view, one guess...

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
He is hated in America. He is tolerated in Europe and he is loved in Japan.
It falls to a 2 to 1 for him in a way.

I hate Tingle with a passion, but I do understand that he is a viable rep. I still think he will not become playable. I can just see Sakurai pulling an Aminal crosser on him.

Yoshi Lord

Smash Rookie
Various ideas I have had pertaining to Super Smash Bros. 4, and the improvement thereof...

-Make the game two disks. Simple, yet effective, way to handle the issue of SSE sucking up space.
Disc 1: The standard game--contains classic, all-star, multi-player, online, trophies (assuming they return), stadium, etc.
Disc 2: SSE2 (or whatever the sequel is named) in its entirety. All cut-scenes are stored in this disk, unlocking characters in SSE2 does not unlock them on disk one, there would be a method (preferably through accessing the saved data in the console/memory device) to transfer boss data to disk one for stadium boss battles.

And with that, we move on to Sub-Space Emissary 2....

-On the initial play through, not all characters all playable (in fact, only about a dozen or so (assuming we have between 40-50 characters) characters ought to be playable). In particular, enemy characters would not be playable, as well as characters usually deemed "damsels in distress" (Peach, Zelda, etc), and characters who get less spotlight (Retro characters, in particular).
-Needless to saying, beating SSE2 once would allow you to play through all sub-sequential play throughs with any and all characters (so long as they are playable on Disk One).
-NPC Partner/Enemy Characters--for instance, you are playing in a Fire Emblem portion of SSE2 as Marth, with a partner in Ogma, preparing to combat The Black Knight. Marth, obviously, has his full moveset; Ogma and The Black Knight, however, though acting as playable characters, have vastly imcomplete moveset. These characters would have the essentials (standard attacks, an aerial attack or two, a grapple move, a dash move, and a recovery move) but would be lacking a moveset that would make them a true character.
-Going off of the last point, building teams. Going into the final battle, you would have (approximately) a dozen playable characters to choose from. After that, you would also have a small plethora of assist characters to build a team of 4 or 5 with (all playable characters you were not using could be assist characters as well, albeit they themselves would have more simplistic movesets).
-Utilization of actual Nintendo locales, enemies, bosses, etc. In other words, keep the original content to a minimum, at least in SSE2. Master (and Crazy) Hand would be okay, but outside of that, keep the villains to Bowser, Ganondorf, etc, the locales to Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, etc, and the generic enemies encountered along the way to Goombas, Octoroks, Zoomers, Waddle Dees, etc.
-Use speech/text. Outside of Link (and keep in mind, the entire point of his character is to be mute) every character has spoken at some point (yes, even Mario) so there is really no reason to actually attempt a storyline aided by speech.

Exciting. How about some characters improvements (and no, not newcomers, not yet...)

-StarFox characters.
Though Fox, Falco, and Wolf are similar (despite many claiming them to be vastly unique--whatever; if we are going to have three characters with similar builds, let us have them play a little bit more than subtly different) they all have the potential to be three extremely unique characters. How can this be accomplished? Base their movesets off their personalities...

Fox: "Shoot first, ask questions later"
Fox, moreso than Falco and Wolf, ought to base his moveset off of ranged weaponry, explosive tools, heavy firepower, etc. First and foremost, utilize a taunt to either have his Blaster permanently on hand or in its holster--his moveset would not necessarily need to change to accommodate his blaster, rather, if ranged characters were introduced (a concept I will explain momentarily) only his standard A moves would need to be modified. Regardless, his standard special would remain unaffected. His down special (Reflector) would remain the same as well. His side and up specials, however, could change to accommodate Fox's new play style (however, keeping in mind some peoples fear of large change, this may or may not even be within the realm of possibility). His side special could be grenades, different guns (such as the Homing Launcher from StarFox Assault), etc, and his up special could merely be re-animated/re-named to work with the "new Fox."
Oh, and his Final Smash would remain the same, albeit tweaked so it was actually worth using (something that ought to be done with most Final Smashes).
Falco: "Personally, I prefer the air"
Falco, moreso than Fox and Wolf, would focus on aerial combat, fancy acrobatic moves, and no weapons/technology (that is, outside of dual blasters we saw him utilize in the original SSE). His specials we need relatively no modifications--his up special could be re-animated/named to utilize lightning, as opposed to fire, to add a level of uniqueness, but other than that, seeing as Fox and Wolf would be receiving heavier modifications, Falco would need little work. His Final Smash, however, would need to be modified. An Arwing would be the most obvious remedy--how it COULD work is like a (very) large Dragoon--Falco jumps off the stage, aims, and barrels rolls into the stage.
Wolf: "Can't let you do that, StarFox"
Okay, I really could not think of a good quote for Wolf.
His play style, however, would be the most modified of all the StarFox characters. Albeit, his stance would remain the same (as well as a few key standard moves), but that would be to accommodate his new fighting style--Melee Weaponry. Permanently on hand Wolf would have an energy knife of sorts (inspired by the energy blades from Halo...and knifes, which Smash is severely lacking in) which, though not too vastly modifying his standard play style, would provide Wolf with an entirely new moveset (for the moveset). His old side smash could be tweaked and turned into a side special, his up special could have minor modifications to be turned into the Booster Pack from Assault, his down special could be the Energy Shield from Assault (which would absorb attacks, rather than reflecting them), and finally, Wolf could turn his standard special into a devastatingly fast and powerful knife strike, capable of shattering shields. As for his Final Smash, one could go with the FireBurst Pod, another item from Assault, summoning Leon and Panther (StarWolf) to attack the stage while Wolf rests, or Wolf using his own Wolfen in a style that could or could not be similar to Falco's Arwing attack.

-Samus aka Ranged Characters
Has there ever been a Metroid Game (other than Other M, which is not even out yet) where Samus has utilized Melee combat? While Other M serves to justify the punches and kicks we have yet to see Samus use outside of Smash, would it not make more sense to simply turn Samus into a ranged character? Only one change would need to be made--delete Samus' A, AA, and AAA attacks, and replace them with Power Beam shots. Holding A would charge the Power Beam, thereby freeing up the standard special slot (which could just as easily be modified to a different beam's charge shot). Furthermore, Samus' costumes could modify the standard beam--the beam would never change in power (though the size of the shots might be ever-so-slightly modified with the different beams), however--for instance, the Dark Suit could utilize the Dark Beam, Light Suit Light Beam, Fusion Suit Diffusion/Wave Beams, Gravity Suit Ice Beam, Phazon Suit Phazon Beam, and PED/Hazard Suit Plasma Beam.

That is enough for now--I will do newcomers, stages, etc, later.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I was going to use this argument before I realized most of the sales of the Smash series come from America.
That may be the case, but I do not think that people in the NA region will refuse to buy the game, simply due to the fact that Tingle is in it. Plus, it hasn't really stopped some of the Japan only characters from getting in.

Isidro25

Smash Cadet
That may be the case, but I do not think that people in the NA region will refuse to buy the game, simply due to the fact that Tingle is in it. Plus, it hasn't really stopped some of the Japan only characters from getting in.
This, I agree with.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
There's also the fact that there are even some people in America (such as Wizzerd
(not to put you on the spot or anything, man)
) who actually like Tingle as well.

To be quite honest, I believe there are more people who at least tolerate Tingle than there are who outright hate him.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
This is an idea i've had for awhile. Forgive me if you absolutely hate the idea of adding a new element to the game, but honestly, I think its something that they should have had since the beginning.

Personal Shields.

Before you flame me, look at Yoshi.

Each character (with clone-type people being the exception) would have a specific shield. Kirby could become a rock (which could also free up his down-b, giving him a new move,) Link and Pit could use their own shields respectively, Pikachu could have iron tail, etc.

How good each characters shield is would vary, and it would add a new element to the game. In addition to looking at speed, size, fall speed, power, etc when looking for a character, you would also take their shield into consideration.

It would work the same as shielding in any smash game. Shield too long, and it would brake. Some shields may give signs of weakening, some wouldn't. It would add a certain level of play in that, you couldn't sit there and hold shield to avoid a bombardment of attacks, you would have to take the offensive.

Of course, some characters it would be quite hard to find a shield for (olimar, jigglypuff) but there are also characters who would have obvious ones (bowser, in his shell)

Its just something I think would be interesting.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was just thinking about possible Metroid characters. Does anyone think MBD (Remembah me?) might stand a chance?

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
@Yoshi Lord
Great ideas. But i was hoping SSB4 to implement blu-ray disc on a new console. The next ssb should be a revamped ssb64 on DS (this improves the chances of a bigger roster for ssb4).
Falco already uses his wings alot. His AAAA keeps him air bound to falling over. His aerials are bird like as well. The Wolf idea works. Hes the kind of guy i could imagine crawling under barb wire whilst holding a dagger in his teeth in vietnam. Though the Fox idea WILL piss every fox user off.

@JustKindaBoredUKno
Great IDEA!
L should be shield block, R should be 'special unique maneuver block'
ex; Lurcario would use the basic shield to block (Cross arms to take blows), as Kirby.
R would be a defensive maneuver (Double team and Rock respectively). Link's normal block should be used with his sword. His R should be the use of the sheild. Sword block (L blocks) allow faster counters but Hyrule Sheild (R maneuvers) would take more time to counter, but are extremely defensive. Snake might either implement octocamel or box

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Tingle can make for an excellent punching bag among those who hate them. Also, the amount of people who hate Tingle and those who love Tingle
like meee
are outnumbered by the people who have no idea who he is. Since Tingle seems to be being phased out of the Zelda series and into his own spinoff series which many people in America, those who would hate him, would not buy his games
I would
and many would not know of him until he appears in a Smash game. At that point they would laugh at him and henceforth ignore him. Besides, if people like him, should it matter that some don't? To those who don't like Tingle he's a space on the roster who they never need to use. To those who love him it can make the entire game.

n88

Smash Lord
Yeah, there's not enough Tingle hate to keep him out of Smash. The best indicator of that is that there isn't much Tingle hate on this site. It's all over the internet, but not here. And this is the largest Smash community. Therefore, a lot of people who play Smash don't hate Tingle.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Smashchu, if Sakurai really cared that much about making fans happy, he would have:

- 50 playable characters like everyone expected
- added a playable Andy like most Wars fans wanted
- added a playable Blaziken like most Blaziken fanboys wanted
- added a playable Deoxys like most Pokemon fans wanted
- added a playable Geno like all Geno fanboys wanted
- added a playable Isaac like most Golden Sun fans wanted
- added a playable Krystal like all furries wanted
- added a playable Lip like most feminists wanted
- added a playable Lyn like most feminists wanted
- added a playable Mega Man like everyone expected
- added a playable Ray Mk III like most Custom Robo fans wanted
- added a playable Ridley like most Metroid fans wanted
- added a playable Samurai Goroh like most F-Zero fans wanted
- decloned Falco like everyone expected
- decloned Ganondorf with a sword like everyone expected
- decloned Lucas like everyone expected
- decloned Toon Link like everyone expected
- decloned Wolf like everyone expected
- kept Dr. Mario like most Dr. Mario fanboys wanted
- kept Mewtwo like most Mewtwo fanboys wanted
- kept Pichu because most fans wanted everyone to come back
- kept Roy like most Roy fanboys wanted
- kept Young Link instead of Toon Link like most cel-shaded Zelda haters wanted
- not added a playable Pokemon Trainer because most people did not want it
- not added a playable R.O.B. because most people did not want it
- not added a playable Zero Suit Samus because everyone wanted Ridley instead

Sakurai knows that he cannot make everyone happy. Its impossible so he does what he can to make most fans happy. His goal is not to make fanboys happy. His goal is to make Nintendo fans happy and market contemporary Nintendo products to potential customers and educate Nintendo's history to everyone.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Smashchu, if Sakurai really cared that much about making fans happy, he would have:

- 50 playable characters like everyone expected
- added a playable Andy like most Wars fans wanted
- added a playable Blaziken like most Blaziken fanboys wanted
- added a playable Deoxys like most Pokemon fans wanted
- added a playable Geno like all Geno fanboys wanted
- added a playable Isaac like most Golden Sun fans wanted
- added a playable Krystal like all furries wanted
- added a playable Lip like most feminists wanted
- added a playable Lyn like most feminists wanted
- added a playable Mega Man like everyone expected
- added a playable Ray Mk III like most Custom Robo fans wanted
- added a playable Ridley like most Metroid fans wanted
- added a playable Samurai Goroh like most F-Zero fans wanted
- decloned Falco like everyone expected
- decloned Ganondorf with a sword like everyone expected
- decloned Lucas like everyone expected
- decloned Toon Link like everyone expected
- decloned Wolf like everyone expected
- kept Dr. Mario like most Dr. Mario fanboys wanted
- kept Mewtwo like most Mewtwo fanboys wanted
- kept Pichu because most fans wanted everyone to come back
- kept Roy like most Roy fanboys wanted
- kept Young Link instead of Toon Link like most cel-shaded Zelda haters wanted
- not added a playable Pokemon Trainer because most people did not want it
- not added a playable R.O.B. because most people did not want it
- not added a playable Zero Suit Samus because everyone wanted Ridley instead

Sakurai knows that he cannot make everyone happy. Its impossible so he does what he can to make most fans happy. His goal is not to make fanboys happy. His goal is to make Nintendo fans happy and market contemporary Nintendo products to potential customers and educate Nintendo's history to everyone.
Even though I simply skimmed that list, that is a great point Arcadenik. Sakurai acknowledges popularity, but it is not the main factor in a character's decision. There is so much evidence (like what you posted above) that shows that Sakurai doesn't care much about a character's popularity and the such, really what gets a character a spot is if Sakurai sees them fit for Smash and if he is interested in putting them in in the first place.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only time Sakurai listened to the fanboys was when he added Sonic. He did not like doing that very much that he had Snake say he doesn't like Sonic.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I'll have to agree with Arcadenik and Spydr Enzo on that. Sakurai didn't choose the characters that are in Brawl due to popularity,I guess save for Sonic, he probably picked the characters to show more games (such as Pit from Kid Icarus and R.O.B.) than just the ones that most Brawlers know by now (Mario series, Pokemon series, and LoZ series.)

Another thought I've come up with is this:
Have you noticed that Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, and Luigi are all locked characters at the beginning, similar to SSB64?
Now, Dedede, Peach, Bowser, and Pit (those are who I can remember) are all characters that were planned to be in SSB64, as was the Smash Ball and Final Smashes. This may have some tie-in to the first Smash Bros. game, a tie that we may not be fully aware of before.

Roy, Mewtwo (I believe), Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Pichu were not planned for SSB64, if I'm right.
Maybe this is to tie in more-so to the original game than Melee?

Now, this theory is a tad broken with the inclusion of most of the Melee characters, and probably some Brawl characters, but it is a theory none-the-less.
Other characters, such as Olimar and Ike, are promoting games new or 'new' releases, such as Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and the re-releases of Pikmin and probably Pikmin 2 if it isn't out already.

The Metroid Prime series, if I'm right, is also being re-released onto the Wii as well, to take advantage of the Wiimote steering that the third of the series, Corruption, had. Hence the addition of Ridley AND Metal Ridley as bosses, two new Metroid stages, and Zero Suit Samus.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Darkrai is the villain now. In the Spin off games hes the force of evil behind the plots. But canon wise, we dont know.
Yeah, I have no clue about the current Pokémon series. A couple of weeks ago I picked up Pokémon Platinum and have been going through that. First Pokémon game I have owned since Silver. Technically I did purchase FireRed and had that for a day or two, but it got destroyed and I never bothered replacing it.

I was just thinking about possible Metroid characters. Does anyone think MBD (Remembah me?) might stand a chance?
If he has a role beyond just being another useless filler NPC like *coughRundascough*, otherwise no. Now Adam could have a very good chance if a) he has a Power Suit and battle abilities, and b) if his story is fleshed out fairly well.

I'll have to agree with Arcadenik and Spydr Enzo on that. Sakurai didn't choose the characters that are in Brawl due to popularity,I guess save for Sonic, he probably picked the characters to show more games (such as Pit from Kid Icarus and R.O.B.) than just the ones that most Brawlers know by now (Mario series, Pokemon series, and LoZ series.)

Have you noticed that Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, and Luigi are all locked characters at the beginning, similar to SSB64?
Now, Dedede, Peach, Bowser, and Pit (those are who I can remember) are all characters that were planned to be in SSB64, as was the Smash Ball and Final Smashes. This may have some tie-in to the first Smash Bros. game, a tie that we may not be fully aware of before.

Roy, Mewtwo (I believe), Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Pichu were not planned for SSB64, if I'm right.

Now, this theory is a tad broken with the inclusion of most of the Melee characters, and probably some Brawl characters, but it is a theory none-the-less.
Other characters, such as Olimar and Ike, are promoting games new or 'new' releases, such as Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and the re-releases of Pikmin and probably Pikmin 2 if it isn't out already.

The Metroid Prime series, if I'm right, is also being re-released onto the Wii as well, to take advantage of the Wiimote steering that the third of the series, Corruption, had. Hence the addition of Ridley AND Metal Ridley as bosses, two new Metroid stages, and Zero Suit Samus.
I guess it could make sense, only thing though is Mewtwo was planned to be in the original Smash, he was cut in favor of Jigglypuff who had a larger fanbase. So he was staved off until Melee, and later cut in Brawl, reduced to a poorly designed trophy. :\

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace

I don't quite understand your theory, but you made a small mistake. The only characters that we really know who were planned for SSB64 but were scrapped were only Bowser, King Dedede, and Mewtwo. This was to include a few rivals/enemies, but it is my belief that the developers wanted to limit it to protagonists only (that last part is just a theory).

The other three supposedly scrapped SSB64 characters were Peach, Pit, and Meowth, but these are only rumors and have never actually been proven.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
We don't need Peach or Meowth. Mewtwo should get into Smash 4 and Jigglypuff should be cut (my hate for Jigglypuff is coming back). Jigglypuff's Japanese popularity is decreasing at a high rate, the "Original Twelve Rule" is evidence of laziness and uncreativity, Jiggs no longer has any anime significance, and let's forget about its moveset because it won't change my mind. Mewtwo should get in and Jiggs should be a boss. If someone says Jigglypuff was popular in Japan, they probably meant to say that Jiggs was over-rated in Japan.

And as for most feminists wanting Lip and Lyn: I'm a feminist and I'm not too crazy about those two, and I especially don't want Lyn.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
How is the original 12 thing evidence or laziness and uncreativity? Mewtwo doesn't have any anime signifiance either, and surely his lack of doing anything relivant also is decreasing his popularity. Seriosuly, there is no good excuse right now to cut Jiggs and bring back Mewtwo, because both of them havn't done anything important in forever anyways, and quite frankly, Brawl pretty much seals the fact that Jiggs has more priority.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Jiggs may have more priority, but lots of people hate Jiggs, and so do I. The Original Twelve Rule is lazy and uncreative because it is a ridiculous reason. And lots of people want Mewtwo (if anybody is a fan of Mewtwo and hates Jigglypuff, feel free to help me out on my side of this arguement).

Clownbot

Smash Lord
The original 12 rule is a stupid rule imo, but it's pretty valid when you think about it.

Jumpman, do you honestly think Peach will be cut?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
How is it a ridiculous reason? They were the original 12, and have shown up in every game. Its tradition. Adding Mewtwo back in isn't any less lazy either, since he's a already established character, and the only way to not be lazy is to come up with a whole new cast, which makes no sense. And it doesn't matter if some people hate her, since if you do, you can just use her as a punching bag. And no one even cared about Mewtwo until he was actually cut, so odds are if they cut a character that at least some people cared about, then it would cause even more noise.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
The Original Twelve Tradition thing is a tradition I could insult to my heart's content.

They should at least make Jiggs the main villain and final boss of Adventure Mode, who is setting up the playable characters by putting them at each other's throats and is plotting to take over the world and enslave its inhabitants. And at the end, one of the characters (depends on who dealt the final blow to Jigglypuff during the Final Battle) deflates Jigglypuff and the world is at peace and the character who defeated Jiggs is deemed a savior. And Jigglypuff dies and doesn't become an option as a playable character in Adventure Mode.

Any comments?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'll ignore the post above me and just give my opinion; Jiggs isn't going anywhere, like it or not. If anyone's gonna be cut for Mewtwo, it's gonna be Pokemon Trainer, as he takes up half of the Pokemon roster slots already, and isn't in the original 12. Lucario might be cut as well, but it would be in place of a new Pokemon, if at all. Also, the original 12 is not laziness, it's tradition, as Pieman said. Those are the characters that three generations of Smashers have seen in the games, and who will always be there to use. There would be backlash for axing PT, of course, but there would be just as much backlash for axing Jiggs, no matter how much you hate her. I know lots of people who main her.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
@ MtJ

....How immature are you now? Seriously. And despite claming to be a feminist, you seem to have a problem with women, seeing as you don't seem to want any female character added, and want two of them out (If you were to count Jiggs)

Still, the original 12 all returning is pretty much one of the few solid trends that can be observed, and with each instalment, it gets more sunk in, and more people expect it. Between Brawl and Melee it seems that it was contested, as Jiggs probably wasn't decided on untill later, but the fact that she did make it through, in front of Mewtwo, pretty much solidifies her inclusion, as well as the trend.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How is it a ridiculous reason? They were the original 12, and have shown up in every game. Its tradition. Adding Mewtwo back in isn't any less lazy either, since he's a already established character, and the only way to not be lazy is to come up with a whole new cast, which makes no sense. And it doesn't matter if some people hate her, since if you do, you can just use her as a punching bag. And no one even cared about Mewtwo until he was actually cut, so odds are if they cut a character that at least some people cared about, then it would cause even more noise.
The reason no one cared is because we all assumed he would return, I honestly thought he would. Sure, some people thought he could, but the same could have been said about Ness. We took for granted that he would simply return, without at least putting up some sort of a fight like the Ness fans did. I think the fact that Sakurai had every intent of having him in Brawl was a good sign, sadly he ran out of time working on the other characters and sure as spit did not want to delay it for a third time for two characters that could just as easily be replaced. Next time around, we will be vocal and Sakurai will give an official word on Mewtwo's absence in the future; if he gets in again I will be happy, if not, let the hacking begin! :)

Just for the record, Jigglypuff will most likely not be cut. If anyone was close to being cut, it was Ness, and that would have made me a sad Saturn if he was cut. The original twelve will always stand, I think Brawl confirmed Sakurai's decision.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff's fanbase pretty much died out. The original twelve rule may be a tradition (that I can insult to my heart's content), but it's also laziness and uncreativity.

Deal with it Jigglypuff fanboys and Original Twelve Tradition fanboys!

And I am a feminist (and I'll admit I'm somewhat immature). I don't count Jiggs as a female, and the reason I want Peach cut is because of certain moves of her's (if that problem was fixed, I would have few problems with her inclusion). And pretty much the only females I need are Samus (not counting ZSS), Zelda, and Sheik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom