• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Personally, I'd like to see a couple more two-person teams, like Popo and Nana.

A couple suggestions/possibilities:

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.

Sword Knight and Blade Knight

I haven't thought out full movesets for these guys, but I think they would be awesome additions.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Thanks.

Just remembered another thing.

I'd like to see Kirby be able to not only change his B by swallowing other characters, but by swallowing certain items.

Hot Head/Fire Flower = Fire Kirby (breathes fire)
Freezie = Freeze Kirby (freezes around him)
Screw Attack = Spark Kirby (sparks around him)
Any Bomb/Cracker Launcher = Bomb Kirby (throws bombs)
Parasol = Parasol Kirby (dashes forward spinning the parasol, plus floats down slowly)
Beam Sword = Sword Kirby (slashes sword, spins if used in air, like MK's n-air)
Unira = Needle Kirby (protrudes needles)

Anyway, you get the idea. Some items would still probably not give Kirby a power, but I think some should.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
Thanks.

I'd like to see Kirby be able to not only change his B by swallowing other characters, but by swallowing certain items.

Parasol = Parasol Kirby (dashes forward spinning the parasol, plus floats down slowly)

Anyway, you get the idea. Some items would still probably not give Kirby a power, but I think some should.
That sounds pretty cool. The developers would just have to make sure that Kirby wouldn't become overpowered.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
As cool as this sounds it would totaly be broken and the tiers list would now include moves instead of characters. Whats the point of all the characters when can make your own that are better so it kinda kills the whole famous characters fighting each other theme. What would be cool is different move sets for different characters dependent on the way they look, like pig ganon, WW toon ganon, TP Ganon.
What the heck are you talking about? That is just an idea on how they could design a Banjo-Kazooie character.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I want.... around 50 characters... Gooey and Funky Kong being 2. I want better online. I want to have scores again. I want a Subspace Emissary II. That cow from Boom Blox needs to be in the game.. cause that would be the most intense thing in the world. I want Classic Mode to remain classic. As in every character need a different break the targets, board the platforms and race to the finish needs to return. I want a better stage builder. More WTF characters. More Original levels. I don't want just a few platforms in different places... I want unique levels like Snake's & Sonic's. I want Trophies. I want clones no go away. I want a new mode that im actually gonna use... and for coins i want a pinball machine to get trophies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
II want Classic Mode to remain classic. As in every character need a different break the targets, board the platforms and race to the finish needs to return.
I definitely agree with this, I want separate BTT, I want BTP and RTTF back, plus I would like Classic not to be [First a LOZ character, then Diddy and Donkey, or Giant Yoshi...] and...

and for coins i want a pinball machine to get trophies.
I really really REALLY like this idea.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Thanks.

hey, this idea ain't so bad to begin with, I guess it would give Kirby a "new" feel of play meaning I would probably play as him more often due to the addition of moves

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I think Nephenee from Fire Emblem the Path of Radiance would make a great addition.

She would be both a female FE rep and a spear wielding character.

Her moveset would be something like this.

Specials:
B- Javelin- Throw a javelin. Can be charged. 5% uncharged-10% charged. Great shield breaking properties. Rather slow projectile.
B><- Spear Charge- Character immediately runs forward quickly and thrusts out her spear. This does slight damage normally or heavy damage if sweet-spotted (foe is hit at the end of the dash).
B^- Pole-Vault- Nephenee plants her spear on the ground (or supports herself on it in the air) and uses it to jump a great vertical height (and some horizontal distance.)
B Down- Armshield- Nephenee uses the shield on her arm to block the next attack. This skill works like counter but does not create a return attack and has no ending lag (thus isn't easily punished.)

Normal attacks:
Dash A- Jumps forward slightly and jabs with spear.
A- Swings the spear. 5%
A,A- Swings the spear a second time. 3%
A,A,A- Stabs with the spear. Decent Knockback. 5%

Tilts:
Side- Hits foe with Nephenees shield. Quick but low reach. Good knockback. 10%
Up- Swings the spear quickly upwards. Great reach. Good speed. Decent knockback. 9%
Down- Crouches and trips foe with the spear. Great speed, reach and damage but no knockback. 10%

Smashes:
Side- Spears forward with great force. Slow but with great reach and power. 13%
Up- Spears upwards. Average speed and power. Good reach. 10%
Down- Crouches and drags the spear on the ground on both sides, tripping foes. Good speed, reach, and power. Not as fast as down tilt. 11%

Aerials:
Nair- Twirls the spear around her in all directions. Good repeated damage but low knockback. 3% per attack that connects.
Fair- Quickly jabs forward with the spear. Good all around aerial. 10%
Bair- Swings her shield arm backwards with force. Great power but low reach makes it somewhat hard to land. 13%
U-air- Swings the spear upwards. Decent knockback and a quick, longreaching, high-priority aerial. Good for juggling. 10%
Dair- Faces the screen and slams the spear downwards, meteor smashing any who are hit by the immediate attack. Does damage to anyone hit on the way down. Similar to Ike's Dair. 12%

Grabs/Throws:
Grab reach/speed- Average.
Grab attack- Hits foe upside the head with Nephenee's shield. 3%
F-Throw- Lets go of the opponent and spin kicks them. High knockback makes it Nephenees best throw. 6%
B-Throw- Tosses the foe backwards. Mediocre knockback. 6%
Up-Throw- Throws the foe upwards and swings her spear. Average throw. 6%
D-Throw- Throws the foe to the ground then jumps on them, slamming her shield into them. Looks like a wrestling move. Nephenee's most damaging throw. Low vertical knockback. 9%

Stats:
Weight- 3/5 Medium-Light
Size- 2.5/5 Nephenee is a dainty little lady.
Falling Speed- 3/5 Nephenee may be an average size female, but her armor makes her fall faster.
Power- 3/5 Nephenees slightly above average in power. Roughly around Marth in power, maybe slightly higher.
Reach- 5/5 Nephenees spear gives great reach. As good or better than Ike.
Speed- 3/5 Nephenee is pretty decent speed.
Jumps- 3/5 Nephenee has slightly above average jumps.
Vertical Recovery- 4/5
Horizontal Recovery- 4/5
Diagonal Recovery- 0/5 Nephenee has a difficult time recovering diagonally downwards.

I know shes kind of an obscure character compared to Lynn, but I think she would make a good addition (not instead of Lynn but rather alongside Lynn.) Smash Bros. needs a lot more female characters (and Nephenee gets the job done by being strong and attractive, but not to sexually oriented *caugh* ZSS *caugh*.)

Alunios

Smash Cadet
If FF characters could be added, it can also be Luneth of FF III for DS, but with the class system...it would be very difficult.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
They need to change Ness's final smash to PK Rockin. Maybe make it work sort of like Tabuu's Red Rings of Death.

He also needs his old victory music back. The new one sucks.

Actually, that brings up another idea. More characters need unique victory music. Make Luigi's the stage clear music from SMB2, Ness' his SSB/M music, Wolf's based on his theme, etc.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
REMOVE

Toon Link - We only need one Link to rep the Zelda series. Just give all his recovery+aerial moves moves to Link.
Jigglypuff - This thing never had an important role in the games or that crappy anime for that matter. Just an insignificant Poke'mon whopse has it's time.
R.O.B. - Possibly the least deserving character of being in a Smash Bros game. Wait a minute, he wasn't even a character, just an accessory for the NES. We already had G&W as the 'retro' guy anyways.
Snake - He seems like a one time deal. He's property of Konami and was completely unexpected since he was announced.
Ice Climbers - Assist trophy material. I often forget they exist.
Pit - Assist trophy material along with ICs.

I would like the roster to look something like this:

Mario
Mario (Give him Doc's Melee power. And have the FLUDD do damage, but still won't give opponents their 2nd jump back.)
Luigi (Replace Green Missile with Poltergeist. But only if the Poltergeist is a decent move.)
Peach
Bowser

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Cranky Kong (lol)
King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda
Link (Again, just give all of TL's advantages to him.)
Zelda/Shiek
Midna (In her imp form but human form as a final smash)
Ganon (Re-do his ****ing moveset but keep the murder choke and death stomp).

Poke'mon
Pikachu
Poke'mon Trainer
Mewtwo (bring him back and make him good so he can compete with Lucario)
Lucario

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta-Knight

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf

Metroid
Samus
ZSSamus
Ridley (just to have someone other than Samus)

Yoshi
Yoshi

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Lyn
Hector or Eliwood (Sorry, don't know much about FE series)

F-Zero
C. Falcon (Make him usasble again. And give him his old victory music back...)
Black Shadow (He should be what Ganon is right now)

WarioWare
Wario
Waluigi (have him appear in a WW game first)

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

Sonic
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles

Pikmin
Olimar

Retro
Game & Watch (Even though I hate him, he can stay in. But he's the only retro that should be in.)

3rd party
Megaman

*More to come later*

Shuma

Smash Hero
I whant 2 things:

Ridley

And

Sakurai away from the development of the game. Ok, i'm not a pro and i hated Melee's gameplay, i love Brawl Gameplay. Yes, i am a casual player and i thank Sakurai for designing the gameplay of Smash Like that.

However, dear god, he added and took out so many **** it's not even funny, did we need styckers? Masterpieces? SUB****CRAPSPACE? No. I think not. The only think i wanted for brawl was more characters and balanced gameplay, 'cause Fox owning everybody in Melee was what made me 'hate' Melee.

That's all i whant, balanced Melee online with many characters. And a combo system, god that would rock.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
honestly, i trust them enough to say that i would like the SBR on the development team for SSB4 i actually liek the name Battle or Battle Royale. definitely needs more Knuckles and ridley. and for the record theres already a third retro character, its called ICs.

they did good luigifying everyone EXCEPT for ganon, hes supposed to be a mix of zelda, sheik and link. overwhelming strength, coupled with martial arts expertise and mastery of the dark magical arts. should be completely original and half the moves use a sword, keep the stomp and flame choke, and his b should be more similar to his up tilt

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

Smash Apprentice
South Africa, Guateng, next to the street and in t
Gotenks moves:

up B: Dragon-dash - Gotenks performs a Dragon-dash, he can curve the direction he moves in and can choose which direction he starts to move in, you can also adjust the speed and can use attacks while in Dragon-dash.
Side B: Galactic Donuts - Gotenks throws a hoop of energy that constricts and holds the enemy, it can be controlled slightly.
Down B: Charge - The longer he charges the more powerful his attacks (all his attacks) become (for a limited time), if charged up to it's limit, Gotenks turns into a super sayajin. eg: the more you charged up the more ghosts are blown out when he does SGKA.
Neutral B: Super Ghost Kamikaze attack - Gotenks blows out ghost replicas of himself that home on or can be controlled and explode on contact (chargeable).

Final Smash: Super Sayajin 3

Gotenks turns Super Sayajin 3 Gotenks and all of his attacks are powered up, he blows out more ghosts and he can fire his galactic donuts as a smash attack (and shoots out three rings instead (ie. Super buu buu volleyball attack)), and his second jump instead let's him fly around for a while.

Smash A attacks:

forward A: Uses kamehameha or V. Cannon, the more it's charged the bigger the beam gets.
Down A: Winds up his arm and punches.
Up A: shoots up a bunch of energy balls (ie. Continues Shine Shine missles).

Air attacks:

down A: shoots energy downwards (ie. continuous shine shine missles)
Neutral A: Shoots a kamehameha forward.
forward A: Similar to Mario's forward air attack (his "Jump! Ultimate stars" air light attack)
Back A: Does a spinning kick in the air
Up A: Gotenks performs a flip kick

"A" attacks, tilt attacks and dash attacks:

A, A, A: punches, kicks and punches again, a good combo move.
Down tilt: kicks quickly.
forward tilt: Gotenks does a "volleyball like attack" where he puts his arms together and swings them up.
Up tilt: Similar to Ness's up tilt.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
My ideas for improving online. Note: I don't think Nintendo will change friend codes to something better and Nintendo won't make online less anonymous, because of the casual players. >_>

When you're going random online, you can choose whether you want to smash worldwide/regional.

There are three possibilities:
-1vs1
-2vs2
-FFA

You choose your rules (stock/time, items, friendly fire, etc.). Only players with the same settings will be connected with you.

Now, you're searching other smasher/s. Before connecting, the location of the other players will be shown and the connection. (When Miis are playable, you can also see his Mii. You can only use one Mii for fighting online. When the Mii is disgusting and you don't want to fight him (Jesus Mii, etc.) you can also don't accept the game.)

5* = No lag, nearly no lag
4* = Little lag
3* = Medium lag, but still ok
2* = Bad lag
1* = Horrible lag - Unplayable
0* = No connection :laugh:

You can accepting the fight, or not accepting.

After the fight you can choose whether you want to play another fight, leaving, or you can exchange friend codes (both players must accept).

Rankings would be nice. That'd help that good players won't fight all time against bad ones. And the bad ones wouldn't be annoyed that there are 3stocked every match.

Online would be much better.....

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
hmmmmm who would be better Greyfox or the new Raiden... hard choice =[

SheikSmasher

Smash Cadet
I think that in SSB4 that the adventure should continue form where they previously destroyed the last boos.
Midna Her b-down move would be like zeldas but changes from imp to the twilight princess form
Ganondorf should use his sword for his attacks.
Toon Zelda should be in the next one.
Eevee should be in the game and can change into its seven evolutions especially espeon! :chuckle:
1 character from metalgear and sonic
Rosalina from the super mario galaxy
Ridley would be cool but 2 big.
Dark samus
K.k from animal crossing
Metroid Final smash ---> Metroid Prime
Waluigi
Zant

SheikSmasher

Smash Cadet
oh and space pirate as a playable character and his final smash ridley big problem solved since giga bowser is playable in brawl by final smash

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Zelda needs to get rid of Toon Link and replace him either with the REAL WW Link (with tools and skills from WW, MC and PH), Tingle (I don't see why everyone hates him, and he's the most important character before the Triforce Three), or a new character from the eventually-upcoming Zelda Wii. And they need to friggin' declone Ganondorf. If they use the Zelda Wii incarnation of Link as Link, they can give him the OoT and TP incarnations (from Melee and Brawl respectively) as alts, same with Zelda and Dorf.
Umm... how long has there been a new zelda game coming out for the wii...? Can you send me a link to a page about it?

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
Ah, this is a good thread. I will be creating movesets for various characters that actually have a chance to be in.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
Megaman X

Ok, here is the moveset for Megaman X:

B: Charge shot, functions like Samus's charge shot, but you can move while charging it.

SideB: Saber, Slashes an opponent.

DownB: Slide, makes Megaman X slide, sort of like in his new games.

UpB: Boosters, work like R.O.B.'s jets.

If you want to post your opinion, feel free to discuss :).

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Some over looked options include Viewtiful Joe, Simon Belmont (or Alucard), and for a surprise character: Tingle. The Japanese love Tingle, so this one could make sense.

Also, I don't think many cuts should be made to the cast, if any at all. None of the original characters should be cut as some people have suggested. Some characters could even be returns, like Doc Mario as an alternate costume, but make sure that no differences exist other than aesthetic ones. Certain character types, like the Ice Climbers, could see a new addition in Plusle and Minun.

Also, lame characters like Anime stars should not be considered, as the have no ground what so ever in a game like this.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
Lame characters like Anime stars should not be considered, as the have no ground what so ever in a game like this.

What is so lame about anime characters? Many characters in Brawl have their own anime. I think anime characters would make a great addition to ssb4.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
What is so lame about anime characters? Many characters in Brawl have their own anime. I think anime characters would make a great addition to ssb4.
Sorry, but after your Masterchief post you lost all your respect, lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
basically, we cant have any anime characters because as soon as anime characters get included, lots of ppl get disapointed. if goku is in, ppl will be like why not vegeta or sailor moon, or astro boy, and than ppl will want luffy and zolo, ryu and ken, there would just be no end to it.

so no characters that were in an anime before they were in a video game
no characters from other fighters (Sonic the Fighters does NOT count)
no characters with out some kind of connection to nintendo

with that said:
add Knuckles
add Krystal
add a Ridley that is about the size of bowser
and ive said it before and ill say it again... Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia would fit perfectly into this game with his dual sword style and over the top moves.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
basically, we cant have any anime characters because as soon as anime characters get included, lots of ppl get disapointed. if goku is in, ppl will be like why not vegeta or sailor moon, or astro boy, and than ppl will want luffy and zolo, ryu and ken, there would just be no end to it.

with that said:
add Knuckles
add Krystal
and ive said it before and ill say it again... Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia would fit perfectly into this game with his dual sword style and over the top moves.
Um, no. The only reason anime characters are excluded is because this is a video game fighter. Adding anime characters would take away the specialty of it being a video game all star fighter.

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

Smash Apprentice
South Africa, Guateng, next to the street and in t
I agree Anime characters are cool and should be in. Would you choose Goku or Gotenks? (I think you'll choose Goku (I'd choose Gotenks))

with that said:
add Knuckles
add Krystal
People are already like "why didn't they put in [insert sonic character here]!?" and you can't say that only happens with Anime characters, because it even happens with Nintendo characters, I even complain that they have a Falco in the game and they don't have Krystal.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Here's a list of characters I'd like to see in the next SSB.

High Priority
Megaman
Bomberman
Knuckles

Medium Priority
Bowser Jr.
Protoman
A couple Chrono Trigger characters would be nice (Crono, Frog, and Robo would all be awesome)
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi (whether separate or as an IC-like team)
Tails
Paper Mario (reeks of awesomeness, another 2-D character like G&W)
Female Pokemon Trainer (would have different, less orthodox Pokemon choices, but still from the first installment, maybe like Sandshrew, Nidorina, and Butterfree to correspond roughly with the other Trainer)

Low Priority
Shy Guy (I know it's sort of a stretch, but c'mon, honestly, he could have an awesome moveset, using different guy-types like Pyro Guy for his Down-B and Fly Guy for his Up-B, and do I hear General Guy as a Final Smash?)
Banjo & Kazooie
Sword Knight & Blade Knight (separate or as an IC-like team)
Birdo (I have nothing particularly for or against Birdo being included, she just seems to fit by now)
Biospark (Ninja enemy from Kirby, where HAL took the wall-cling from in the first place...)

Assist Trophies That Should've Been Playable
Shadow (duh...)
Waluigi (they could think up something for him)
Knuckle Joe (seriously, this guy rocks, for a moveset, check out my post in the "Make Your Move 2.0" thread)

Yes, I'm a Kirby fanatic, so I'm probably including too many Kirby characters for my own good. Before you hassle me, I am aware of this.

And for the record, I'm actually against putting Ridley in. I feel he'd have to be watered down a lot, and that he doesn't fit the roster very well anyway. Just my two cents...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
No offense guys but these type of threads is the reason why Smashboards is no fun trolling anymore.

Anyway I made a prediction list for Smash 4 a while back so here it is (never posted it on Smashboards):

Mario:
Mario (with a Dr. Mario alt. that is indeed called Dr. Mario as the name)
Peach
Bowser
Luigi (unlockable)
Waluigi or Bowser Jr. (unlockable)

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong (unlockable)

Legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf (unlockable)
Toon Link (unlockable)
Toon Zelda/Tetra (unlockable)

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff (unlockable)
Lucario (unlockable)
Mewtwo (unlockable)
New 5th or 6th gen rep (unlockable)

Animal Crossing:
Tom Nook
K.K. Slider (unlockable)

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox:
Fox
Krystal
Falco (unlockable)
Wolf (unlockable)

Fire Emblem:
Micaiah or another current FE main character during the time in between Brawl and Smash 4's release
Ike
Marth (unlockable)
Roy or Eliwood (unlockable)

Mother:
Lucas
Ness (unlockable)
Claus (unlockable)

Metroid:
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley or Dark Samus (unlockable)

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Warioware:
Wario
Mona (unlockable)

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow (unlockable)

Pikmin:
Captain Olimar

NES and retro:
Pit
Ice Climbers
Little Mac
Takamaru (unlockable)
R.O.B. (unlockable)
Mr. Game & Watch (unlockable)

Golden Sun:
Isaac or Felix (unlockable)

Third party:
Solid Snake (unlockable)
Sonic (unlockable)
Geno (unlockable)
Pacman or Megaman (unlockable)

Remember this is a prediction roster, not a hopeful list. My hopeful list would be bigger and different. Sonic would be replaced by Segata Sanshiro for example.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Get rid of Lucario and re-add Mewtwo. Megaman, Bomberman, Lloyd Irving, Ridley, Issac, and Samurai Gorough are all the characters I want in.

Get rid of R.O.B., DeDeDe, Diddy Kong, and Wario because they're all filler. I love them, but they're prime filler material.

And um... better stage creator/online?!

mzink*

Smash Ace
I think it would be cool if the pokemon trainers pokemon were updated to the 3 main pokemon from a newer version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom