• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
A long while ago I had an idea about transforming characters. Either as another selectable moveset from the character select screen, or an in-match change (as a taunt), or a new kind of powerup (like a Final Smash but less powerful) or something to replace Final Smashes entirely, I like the concept of characters being able to change their movesets--even if the changes are small. For example, Ganondorf pulling out his sword and actually using it in combat, with moves changing only slightly (maybe no more than a Beam Sword would affect things), but having a definite impact on playstyle. So:

List of Possible Transformations

*Mario: Fire Mario, Flying Mario, Tanooki Mario, Hammer Mario... a ton of possibilities
*Luigi: Same as Mario's; Mr. L
*Wario: Also a ton... he already has Warioman, which is the same concept
*Peach:
*DK:
*Diddy Kong:
*Link: Various masks, but the best one transform would be Fierce Deity Link
*TL: Same as Link, basically
*Samus: Phazon Samus, ZSS (of course)
*Yoshi: Something better than his current FS
*Kirby:
*Fox:
*Falco:
*Wolf:
*Pikachu:
*Dedede:
*Captain Falcon: Maybe some kind of made-up berserk mode called "Boost Falcon", i dont know
*Ness:
*Pokemon Trainer: Already has this
*Ice Climbers: Switch leader?
*Lucas:
*ROB:
*Jigglypuff:
*Bowser: Well, he already has Giga Bowser
*Zelda/Sheik: They have each other
*Lucario:
*Sonic: The upcoming game features an embarrassing but unavoidable transformation called the Werehog
*Marth: He could pull out a lance, or another FE weapon like a swordreaver or a Light Brand
*Ike: Same, but with an axe
*Ganondorf: Sword mode, Ganon
*Olimar:
*Snake: Old Snake?

Some of these are good, others are terrible. Basically it would expand the depth and balance of a character (characters could counterpick their own counterpicks, and vice versa) and maybe be a more nuanced version of a Final Smash: instead of a chance at one or two cheap KO's, the reward of a substantial power boost that still lets the opponent fight back.

DaThings

Smash Rookie
As far as Castlevania goes, maybe. Once again with the whole permission thing, seeing as how Castlevania is from Konami (like Snake) there might be some issues getting Simon or Dracula in the game. I would much enjoy seeing them at least with a trophy appearance.

This brings up my opinion about Snake being in a future game. I doubt it. I read through the Smash Bros. website a couple of times, played the game (duh) and even bought the official strategy guide, and a good amount of times I've heard Snake being referred to as a 'guest character' and such a phrase was not used to describe Sonic. Now, I'm not saying I don't want Snake in the next game, but seeing as how he's a guest character and Sonic's... well, Sonic, Snake might not join us in SSB4.

I at least hope they'll make a trophy of him, though. Like Nintendo completely forgot to do with Dr. Mario! But that's a different post.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Lastly, possible transform for Peach, SHADOW QUEEN. All i'm sayin.
I'm for this too, but I want her as an alt. costume.

Am I one of the few that is absolutely okay with Crash Bandicoot? His games haven't been as good (although the latest games are said to be decent) as they used to be, but I feel the guy deserves it.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I meant as a 3rd party. Besides, her game isn't even being released until '09. Also, i'd like to add that the next Smash won't be released until maybe 2016, seeing how long Brawl took to make.
A third party's not going to be considered who hasn't been featured on a Nintendo system. For example, let's look at Sonic. Despite being owned by Sega, a company that is not at all tied to Nintendo, Sonic has had various games on Nintendo's various systems. Hence, he could be considered for a spot in Smash. You won't get somebody who's never seen the light of Nintendo in Smash. Ever. Sorry, that's just the way it is and should be.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I just read up on Nintendo's lineup at TGS--

Seems like they're reviving Punch Out, following up on Trace Memory and Sin & Punishment. No word on Golden Sun as of yet. I predict by then those titles will start picking up speed and gaining more notoriety as time goes on, and of course other Nintendo main-stays that aren't as popular yet, like Custom Robo and Captain Rainbow.

With titles like X we can rally on something like:
-Asterisks indicate how high of a chance they have in my opinion out of ten as of now.-

Captain Rainbow: Nick* (as Captain Rainbow)
Custom Robo: RayMK II
Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong
Donkey Kong: King K. Rool
Golden Sun: Issac
Megaman: Megaman
Panel de Pon: Lip
Pokemon: Mewtwo
Punch-Out!!!: Lil Mac
Sin & Punishment: Saki Amiyama
Super Mario RPG: Geno
Star Fox: Krystal
Trace Memory: Ashley Robinson

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Custom Robo: RayMK II
I would not say that it will be Ray Mk II, since he only is in the first little part in Custom Robo Arena.

I'd rather say it will either be Ray (the first one, yanno) or maybe Ray 01, since he's the most famous. Or Mk III (who's an AT in Brawl).
I also disagree with Saki having more of your "high chance"-asterisks than Lip.

Also, as much as I want to see Captain Rainbow in, I doubt it will happen - the game most likely won't even be released outside of Japan.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Any form or Ray would do actually-- the prettiest and most contemporary design would probably fit the shoe.

Saki and Lip have weird properties to distinguish my opinions. Based for Saki, he was an assist trophy and had journal mentions-- while Lip didn't seem to get as much attention as he did in the polls and journal mentions. I haven't heard of any Panel de Pon games coming out recently, unlike Sin & Punishment 2.

Marth was a Japan-Only character for the time being. Then again-- Lucas didn't replace Ness for that reason. The Captain Rainbow franchise seems to exist for the sake of nostalgia, I can't see it not coming state side, and other regions for that matter.

If Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is coming state side, I can't see Captain Rainbow not doing the same.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, Lip is having a role in Captain Rainbow, though, the last game including Panel de Pon (and Lip's theme) was Planet Puzzle League for the DS and, unlike Sin & Punishment, Panel de Pon has an item (Lip's Stick) and a song. Saki may be an AT, but I think other than that, Sin & Punishment has no references.

Oh, when we're already talking about references. Looking at Brawl's trophies...
Custom Robo has 3 trophies (Ray Mk III, Custom Robos and Jameson & A.I.R.S.)
Magical Starsign has 3 trophies (Mokka, Pyrite, Putty) and...
why didn't anyone ever consider Chosoju Mecha MG for a possible expansion? It also has 3 trophies (Warrior Mech Gauss, HM Mech Rosa and Musketeer Daltania). It's a rather new game for the DS and has a song in Brawl.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
i dunno, i was just thinking of the original spot where mewtwo was from in the pokemon red/blue games, where he's sittin on the island surrounded by water, im sure the smash developers could make it an interesting stage if they wanted tho.
Yeah, they could make it an interesting level... If they can make "Battlefield" more interesting for Brawl, then they can do anything... It's the background I'm refering to BTW...

A cave can be made to be fairly flashy, y'know. It'd probably fairly dark, and lit blue by random unexplained crystals. :O
Random cyrstals FTW! :)

Plus if you need hazards, you could always have small cave ins, or other Pokemon getting in the way.
Cave ins, or random Pokemon... hmmm... actually doesn't sound too bad at all...

...Of course, such a stage would only get in if Mewtwo got back in, which I'd say is fairly unlikely. >_>
I wouldn't say that it's unlikly at all. There are many threads about people wanting Mewtwo back (I'm one of those people too.), and Mewtwo was actually the last character to be cut. Mewtwo was probably included in the SSE cutscenes until being cut, being a villian and all. Not to metion that Rayquaza's violent behavior is probably best explianed by the idea that originally Mewtwo was mentally controlling it... (That only occured to me today...)

As far as Castlevania goes, maybe. Once again with the whole permission thing, seeing as how Castlevania is from Konami (like Snake) there might be some issues getting Simon or Dracula in the game. I would much enjoy seeing them at least with a trophy appearance.

This brings up my opinion about Snake being in a future game. I doubt it. I read through the Smash Bros. website a couple of times, played the game (duh) and even bought the official strategy guide, and a good amount of times I've heard Snake being referred to as a 'guest character' and such a phrase was not used to describe Sonic. Now, I'm not saying I don't want Snake in the next game, but seeing as how he's a guest character and Sonic's... well, Sonic, Snake might not join us in SSB4.

I at least hope they'll make a trophy of him, though. Like Nintendo completely forgot to do with Dr. Mario! But that's a different post.
Dracula in SSB? Interesting.... And maybe Sonic and Snake will be back... as far as Snake goes, too many people will miss him, and most of us want to see Sonic buffed a little bit. The more the merrier!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Way back there, you forgot ROB appears as treasures in Pikmin 2. 'sall.

Anyway, Luigi needs a thunderball projectile. Maybe change Acid Trip Negative Zone to Brobot from SPM?

Dimentio as a boss or AT?

DaThings

Smash Rookie
Being an extensive Luigi player, I agree. An electric hand move as a standard special would do more good than his *ugh* green fireball :urg: . It would be a neat Superstar Saga reference, and Mario's got his fire attack anyway.

I did, at one point, question the "Luigi Cyclone" move before they changed Mario's tornado to an aerial attack. I do think Luigi's Down-special should be more... Luigi-ish.

As another note, It wouldn't be a bad idea to make Luigi's standard/aerial attacks more unique from Mario's.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Luigi should be changed with--
Bv: Luigi Cyclone (acts more like Pikachu's D-Smash, stunning them with electricity)

Z-Air: Poltergust3000 (sucks people into the vacuum-- perfect set-up for Flaming Coin Uppercut, Luigi-cides and used as a tether recovery that pulls him close to the platform as well)

F-Smash: Thunder Hand

A Mr. L costume swap would be sexy too.

Samus should get--
B>: Ice Missiles and Hyper Missiles (more spammage for normal missiles, basically hyper missiles and freezing shot for the ice one, perfect to set up Charged Shots)

Dash: More knockback (she's wearing freaking shoulder pads)

Bv: Morph Ball Mode/ Bombs (If down is held, she stays in the morph ball mode, also acts as her crawling mechanic)

Dark Samus color swap would be sexy too.

Wolf needs some help--
B: Blaster (Needs more length and knife tip should do a lot of horizontal knockback)

B>: Wolf Flash (Easier to sweet spot)

Peach doesn't have an aerial down special, she should get something like a vertical Peach Bomber.

Spadefox said:
Well, Lip is having a role in Captain Rainbow, though, the last game including Panel de Pon (and Lip's theme) was Planet Puzzle League for the DS and, unlike Sin & Punishment, Panel de Pon has an item (Lip's Stick) and a song. Saki may be an AT, but I think other than that, Sin & Punishment has no references.
My only basis is that she hasn't had her own game come out for quite some time, but the fact that she is appearing in these games is still a positive thing. But Sin & Punishment is getting a new game coming out soon, so I was assuming that based on the assumption that the game is going to revive the series, while Saki already being an assist trophy, just seems that his chances may be higher.

Plair Life

Smash Rookie
um? what? a kid icarus character? you mean pit? cuz there arent any others, also, ice climber and pikmin? they already have all the rep they could possibly get, and what do u mean by a "new type of smash ball?"
There is Medusa in Kid Icarus, right, as i know she was going to be in Brawl.
There is the evil condor at the top of the mountain in Ice Climbers.
There is Louie from Pikmin 2.

I mean like new final smashes for the characters, (like Peach's) wich need to be improved.
By the way how about Super Smash Brothers Rage

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Saki.
Why the hell do people keep forgetting Saki?
I didn't, I mentioned him in my earlier post, that he has a very decent chance of making it in next time-- based on the fact that Nintendo is making a sequel for the Wii due sometime soon. I was thinking that the series would pick up some more steam by the time the next Smash comes out, making Saki more popular than he already in Japan.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Responding to various posts:

1. Kid Icarus doesn't need more than one rep.

2. Ice Climber doesn't need more than one rep.

3. Shadow the Hedgehog is still a God Awful idea and if the Sonic franchise ever does get another rep (God forbid...), it will easily be Tails.

4. If Sin and Punishment gets a rep in the next game, it will more than likely be the hero of the upcoming Sin and Punishment and it doesn't look like Saki.

5. The only thing Crash Bandicoot deserves is a bullet through the temple. Enough said... :laugh:

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Responding to various posts:

1. Kid Icarus doesn't need more than one rep.
It really doesn't.

2. Ice Climber doesn't need more than one rep.
They really don't.

3. Shadow the Hedgehog is still a God Awful idea and if the Sonic franchise ever does get another rep (God forbid...), it will easily be Tails.
I sort of envisioned Shadow to be a cross between Sonic and Fox/Falco/Wolf, with a Blaster and a very fast dash for Chaos Control, like Fire Fox, maybe even a motorcycle. But either way, Tails inb4 Shadow, but I'd personally prefer NiGHTs.

I picture her-- levitating off the ground, having multiple jumps, extremely light, great aerials, Paraloops, dashing, throwing Ideya, and some mask transformations.

4. If Sin and Punishment gets a rep in the next game, it will more than likely be the hero of the upcoming Sin and Punishment and it doesn't look like Saki.
I thought it looked like Saki-- but either way, some Sin & Punishment one seems feasible if the series picks up some steam.

5. The only thing Crash Bandicoot deserves is a bullet through the temple. Enough said... :laugh:
A'men.

Nobody judge me, but I think Lara Croft would be brilliant, along with Yoda, Master Chief, and Sephiroth. Eww, I know, right?

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Just thought of a new way to unlock characters. How about this.

There should be a shop where you can purchase hidden characters and stages and more stuff.

For ex. if Lyndis is hidden you would have to get enough Smash Coins to buy her and she would cost 2,000 Smash Coins.

Do any of you like that idea for a feature.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm okay with it, but I would prefer that it only applies to one character only, Tom Nook. However, I am completely fine with this system being used for alt. costumes and characters.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I think Sin & Punishment should get 2 characters.
Saki's son looks too much like a wimp. We seriously need Saki.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I think Sin & Punishment should get 2 characters.
Saki's son looks too much like a wimp. We seriously need Saki.
i don't think so, the game isn't really popular, and there's so many other series that deserves more reps before sin and punishment gets 2......metroid for example.

Roihu

Smash Ace
i don't think so, the game isn't really popular, and there's so many other series that deserves more reps before sin and punishment gets 2......metroid for example.
Didn't Metroid already get its last game?
Plus, I don't know they'll probably be clones, but I seriously want Saki in the next SSB.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Mario
Luigi (unlockable)
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr. (unlockable)
Toad
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong (unlockable)
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link (unlockable)
Samus
Ridley
Pit
Ice Climbers (unlockable)
R.O.B (unlockable)
Lip
Mr. Game & Watch (unlockable)
Sukapon (unlockable)
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight (unlockable)
Fox
Falco (unlockable)
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow (unlockable)
Olimar
Animal Crosser
Character from a new Nintendo series
Captain Rainbow (unlockable)
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Charmander, a 3rd gen Pokemon, Lucario)
Jigglypuff (unlockable)
Mewtwo (unlockable)
5th gen Pokemon
Ness
Lucas (unlockable)
Marth
Ike (unlockable)
Isaac (unlockable)
Snake (unlockable)
Sonic (unlockable)
Megaman (unlockable)

Roihu

Smash Ace
Mario
Luigi (unlockable)
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr. (unlockable)
Toad No. Just no.
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong (unlockable)
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link (unlockable)
Samus
Ridley
Pit
Ice Climbers (unlockable)
R.O.B (unlockable)
Lip I never really looked at her much, but does she have a workable moveset?
Mr. Game & Watch (unlockable)
Sukapon (unlockable) I'd Google it, but who?
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight (unlockable)
Fox
Falco (unlockable)
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow (unlockable)
Olimar
Animal Crosser Emm... No. I don't think so.
Character from a new Nintendo series
Captain Rainbow (unlockable) Hell yes.
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Charmander, a 3rd gen Pokemon, Lucario) No. Just freaking no.
Jigglypuff (unlockable)
Mewtwo (unlockable)
5th gen Pokemon
Ness
Lucas (unlockable)
Marth
Ike (unlockable)
Isaac (unlockable)
Snake (unlockable)
Sonic (unlockable)
Megaman (unlockable)
I don't have much I disagree with, but why didn't you just keep Wolf and add Saki which I've been talking about for this whole page?

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I forsee better online play (actual rooms, anyone?), Waluigi, Megaman, A different incarnation of Mario--get this, with a DIFFERENT moveset! perhaps Galaxy Mario, or classic Pixel Mario. I also see a bigger focus on 2 v 2 matches, maybe even combo Final Smashes!

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I think we're forgetting that they were really popular in Japan, according to the polls. But two reps from Sin & Punishment is pushing it.

Didn't Metroid already get its last game?
The Prime trilogy has ended, but that isn't the end of the series.

Mario YES
Luigi (unlockable) YES
Peach YES
Bowser YES
Bowser Jr. (unlockable) NO
Toad HELL NO
Donkey Kong YES
Diddy Kong (unlockable) YES
King K. Rool YES
Yoshi YES
Wario YES
Link YES
Zelda/Sheik YES
Ganondorf YES
Toon Link (unlockable) NO
Samus YES
Ridley NO
Pit YES
Ice Climbers (unlockable) YES
R.O.B (unlockable) YES
Lip YES
Mr. Game & Watch (unlockable) YES
Sukapon (unlockable) NO
Kirby YES
King Dedede YES
Meta Knight (unlockable) YES
Fox YES
Falco (unlockable) YES
Captain Falcon YES
Black Shadow (unlockable) HELL NO
Olimar YES
Animal Crosser NO
Character from a new Nintendo series DUH, like Captain Rainbow?
Captain Rainbow (unlockable) YESYESYES
Pikachu YES
Pokemon Trainer (Charmander, a 3rd gen Pokemon, Lucario) NO, with revisions, YES.
Jigglypuff (unlockable) YES
Mewtwo (unlockable) HELL YESS
5th gen Pokemon POSSIBLY
Ness YES
Lucas (unlockable) YES
Marth YES
Ike (unlockable) YES
Isaac (unlockable) YES
Snake (unlockable) YES
Sonic (unlockable) YES
Megaman (unlockable)YES

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Toad was a joke. Saki I'll consider.

As for Wolf, he's about the sixth most important character from a secondary series.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Yeah, but Wolf is actually decent and people like him.
It's not like it'd be a giant problem keeping him in.
Darky, it's just I don't like Saki's son. He looks too much like a wimp. >_<
Not only that, but Sakurai himself said that Saki fits in great with the Brawl cast.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Toad was a joke. Saki I'll consider.

As for Wolf, he's about the sixth most important character from a secondary series.
Actually, I think Wolf is the third most important character in the series behind Krystal and Fox.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Actually, I think Wolf is the third most important character in the series behind Krystal and Fox.
Actually I think Wolf is the fourth most important character in the series behind Fox, Falco and Andross, and Krystal is far behind Slippy, Peppy, General Pepper, Andrew, Leon and Pigma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom