• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Kirby should be able to inhale and gain abilities from enemies in Single Player Adventure. And Yoshi should be able to eat them (at least the small ones)

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Megaman (unlockable)[/QUOTE]

holy crap **** no people have to have an idea HIS NEVER GOING TO GET IN THIS GAME. i would put money on it

trev94

Smash Journeyman
in the next game they should make a thing were you can make your own charater from your mii chanal. that way all you guys who love mega man or darth vader or who ever the **** you what in this game can be in it. you can just make them a mii and then play as them in SSB4. and you can buy moves from your wii shop chanal

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
holy crap **** no people have to have an idea HIS NEVER GOING TO GET IN THIS GAME. i would put money on it
Actually, Megaman is even more likely than a return of Snake, to be honest. Kenji Inafune said that he'd like to see Megaman in Brawl, Capcom is known for liking crossover games (Marvel vs. Capcom, Namco X Capcom, SNK vs. Capcom) and Nintendo and Capcom get along very well.

Also LOL at De Blob. Like such a minor character from a minor videogame developer (THQ) would ever be considered OVER Megaman.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Actually, Megaman is even more likely than a return of Snake, to be honest. Kenji Inafune said that he'd like to see Megaman in Brawl, Capcom is known for liking crossover games (Marvel vs. Capcom, Namco X Capcom, SNK vs. Capcom) and Nintendo and Capcom get along very well.

Also LOL at De Blob. Like such a minor character from a minor videogame developer (THQ) would ever be considered OVER Megaman.
I was seriously depressed for a week when I learned that Megaman would in fact NOT be in Brawl...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I also think Ness should have PK Rockin (What the hell is it supposed to be, anyways?). I think it should be something like this http://art2.server05.sheezyart.com/image/177/1778037.png but much more awesome.
Lucas should have gotten PK Love. No. His UpSmash is NOT PK Love. It's just him pulling an invisible needle.
I wonder why Sakurai never bothered putting those two moves in. I mean, with Lucas, you could have easily swapped Kumatora in his place considering that every B move and Final Smash he uses actually belongs to her.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think the only person who has a possiblity of leaving is Lucario because he won't be as recent, but I hope not.

As for Wolf and Lucas, these two can stay. If the next game gives them new B moves and final smashes, that will get rid of the clone misconception. I don't think Toon Link is going anywhere either unless he gets replaced by a new Young Link. Like Wolf and Lucas, they need to either Luigify him or give him a flat out new moveset.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Funny how Luigi is the least clone-like of the clones. I don't think anybody even considers him a clone, tbh.
I remember how much I despised the idea of Megaman being in the next SSB, but then I played Megaman 9, and I think he'd be a pretty **** awesome addition. Plus, he does have a chance of coming in.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think the reason why no one really considers him a clone is because Mario and Luigi have always had some similarities. Therefore, it's not surprising to that happen in Smash.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
i hate mageman:mad:
L.O.L.

Yet you want Miis in with "purchasable" movesets? How about we actually put in some characters from gaming history that have relevance instead of making a crappy "Design your own character" fighting game. I'm not even going to begin to go into how unfun this would end up as everyone would be using the same basic character. You think Meta Knight is everywhere? Just wait and see.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I think the reason why no one really considers him a clone is because Mario and Luigi have always had some similarities. Therefore, it's not surprising to that happen in Smash.
They barely have many similarities nowadays.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
L.O.L.

Yet you want Miis in with "purchasable" movesets? How about we actually put in some characters from gaming history that have relevance instead of making a crappy "Design your own character" fighting game. I'm not even going to begin to go into how unfun this would end up as everyone would be using the same basic character. You think Meta Knight is everywhere? Just wait and see.
come at talk to me when you hop off megamans **** like everone eles:laugh:

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
L.O.L.

Really, as long as we jointly agree that Miis have no place in Smash, then we'll all be okay.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
L.O.L.

well, to counter that, so to speak, we could use NON-spammy character's sets. Yes, Meta knight, kirby, and sheik, im lookin' at you. :cool:

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I could see Toon Link leaving if a new "Link" is made by then.

I don't know if Sakurai ever intends to throw the Ice Climbers away.

ROB...maybe

Pit and Olimar will most likely stay, especially if they get new Wii titles.

Captain Falcon... who knows?

Jiggly puff... shes a staple, but Sakurai obviously hates, her (it, whatever)

Snake and Sonic may only be making one-time appearances here, but... maybe not.

Ness or Lucas may be replaced.

Lucario will be replaced most likely.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
who do you think they will drop? i think maybe wolf and lucas, because they are the most "copy" like. I know tl is also likely by that rule, but i just don't see them dropping him.
Sakurai seems to put certain characters in the starting roster to "protect" them in future installments usually because they have unique characteristics. With that being said, I strongly believe that Lucas will return and that Ness will probably end up becoming unlockable. (Again...)

Anyways, the characters I think are most likely to be dropped:

1. Lucario- Chances are he'll be replaced by an anomorphic pokemon of the 5th generation.

2. Snake- It's hard to say what will happen to Snake. Kojima said that Guns of the Patriots would not only be the last MGS game that stars Snake but it would probably be the last MGS he directs. With that being said, his inclusion in the next Smash really depends on Sakurai and his relationship with Kojima since Snake may simply fade into obscurity.

3. Wolf- The only character who comes closest to Melee's definition of a clone who isn't in the starting roster (Lucas ) or was in at least one of the previous games (Ganondorf, Falco, Luigi, and Toon Link). There's also the fact that it's very unlikely that Star Fox will ever have more than three reps and Falco's already been in two games. In my opinion, Krystal has a decent chance of replacing him in the next installment.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I see someone else besides me has made the observation regarding starting characters and their immunity.
My guess is that any unlockable character that has been around for two or more games has this same immunity AKA Marth, Jiggs, Luigi, and Mr. Game and Watch.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I see someone else besides me has made the observation regarding starting characters and their immunity.
My guess is that any unlockable character that has been around for two or more games has this same immunity AKA Marth, Jiggs, Luigi, and Mr. Game and Watch.
Don't forget Falco, Toon Link (pretty much Young Link), and Ganondorf. Truth be told, I'd like some characters like Captain Falcon, Ness, and Marth to be in the starting roster the next game because I'm sick of unlocking them :laugh:.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't forget Falco, Toon Link (pretty much Young Link), and Ganondorf. Truth be told, I'd like some characters like Captain Falcon, Ness, and Marth to be in the starting roster the next game because I'm sick of unlocking them :laugh:.
Well, I was just listing examples. I agree that some should not have to unlocked again in the sequel. The only one that should always remain hidden is Jigglypuff since it has practically become a tradition for her.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Hope they put knuckles in it or something :D
Make something better than the Smash ball.
Knuckles would be AWESOME. And a character from Street Fighter, because it just makes sense with SSB being the greatest fighting game ever. It seems inevitable that the 4th game will come knowing the popularity of Brawl and Melee.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
2. Snake- It's hard to say what will happen to Snake. Kojima said that Guns of the Patriots would not only be the last MGS game that stars Snake but it would probably be the last MGS he directs. With that being said, his inclusion in the next Smash really depends on Sakurai and his relationship with Kojima since Snake may simply fade into obscurity.
It's not like Kojima and Sakurai are going to randomly have a bar brawl and hold a grudge against each other, plus Snake being top tier. I doubt Konami's bread and butter would fade into obscurity, there will always be a new boss to counteract the world's dark events and take the blame to continue on with the story of Metal Gear Solid. Also, there may be more 'fill-in' episodes like MGS3 and Portable Ops.

I don't know if he made it clear about any real 'sequels' of MGS4 will be staring Solid Snake.

I can also see the remakes of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake in the near future. I'm sure many fans like myself are lost on what occurred in Outer Heaven.

3. Wolf- The only character who comes closest to Melee's definition of a clone who isn't in the starting roster (Lucas ) or was in at least one of the previous games (Ganondorf, Falco, Luigi, and Toon Link). There's also the fact that it's very unlikely that Star Fox will ever have more than three reps and Falco's already been in two games. In my opinion, Krystal has a decent chance of replacing him in the next installment.
His A attacks are completely different though. I'm sure if they changed up his specials a bit, and give them a cosmetic makeover, he'd be accepted. I think Krystal would get in regardless, with her 'original' move set with her Adventures' inscribed abilities.

I was thinking that Toon Link would get axed for being a clone of an already-present Link, and get replaced with someone that can sort of get a more original move set.

Sagen du Smash said:
Knuckles would be AWESOME. And a character from Street Fighter, because it just makes sense with SSB being the greatest fighting game ever. It seems inevitable that the 4th game will come knowing the popularity of Brawl and Melee.
Tails inb4 Knuckles-- but I'd prefer to have a different franchise representative, like NiGHTS than another Sonic character, but one-per-third party company seems more realitic.

Street Fighter and Brawl are extremely different fighting games. Transitioning Chun-Li's move set over to the next installment would seem weird. Megaman on the other hand has more of a chance of making it instead of Ryu, Ken, or Chun-Li.

AlexOFranco

Smash Rookie
It's not like Kojima and Sakurai are going to randomly have a bar brawl and hold a grudge against each other, plus Snake being top tier. I doubt Konami's bread and butter would fade into obscurity, there will always be a new boss to counteract the world's dark events and take the blame to continue on with the story of Metal Gear Solid. Also, there may be more 'fill-in' episodes like MGS3 and Portable Ops.

I don't know if he made it clear about any real 'sequels' of MGS4 will be staring Solid Snake.

I can also see the remakes of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake in the near future. I'm sure many fans like myself are lost on what occurred in Outer Heaven.

His A attacks are completely different though. I'm sure if they changed up his specials a bit, and give them a cosmetic makeover, he'd be accepted. I think Krystal would get in regardless, with her 'original' move set with her Adventures' inscribed abilities.

I was thinking that Toon Link would get axed for being a clone of an already-present Link, and get replaced with someone that can sort of get a more original move set.

Tails inb4 Knuckles-- but I'd prefer to have a different franchise representative, like NiGHTS than another Sonic character, but one-per-third party company seems more realitic.

Street Fighter and Brawl are extremely different fighting games. Transitioning Chun-Li's move set over to the next installment would seem weird. Megaman on the other hand has more of a chance of making it instead of Ryu, Ken, or Chun-Li.
My thoughts exactly.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Kojima said himself back in April that MGS4 was going to be the last game where Snake is the star and be the last one he directs. He said that anyone can pick up the series if they want but he's going to work on other things. Despite creating the franchise, he doesn't own it, Konami does like how SEGA owns Sonic despite Yugi Naka creating the series and no longer working for them. With this being said, it's Konami's call; all Kojima can do is help influence the decision they make.

He said it was a definate no. He said that if someone were to pick up the series, a new star would be created to compensate for it.

It can happen but, like I said, it's no longer in Kojima's hands.

I know his A attacks are different but he's still the only "semi/luigified clone" in Brawl that wasn't in the starting roster or in one of the previous games. As for getting a moveset make over, take a look a Ganondorf and Falco; their changes overall were minor at best and didn't deviate that far from their Melee selves.

So far, no one who has been in more than one game has gotten the boot and I don't expect this to change. Toon Link is basically Young Link with a different graphic style.

I agree, the Street Fighter cast would be way too weird in Smash.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
i hate mageman:mad:

But mageman has teh magix:(.

And why would you design a Mii, then get the ability to buy a Darth Vader moveset with lightsaber and force attacks- why not just put in Darth Vader?

If they did that you'd end up with Captain. Metasnake.
Which wouldn't be good.....

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I would rather see Toon Link remade than taken out. I love Wind Waker, and honestly wish to spite all that say "lol bad graphics". Go play TLoZ for NES and say that again, in public.

Anyway, he needs to wield the Phantom Sword, Grapple Hook, Deku Leaf, Wind Waker, and Skull Hammer. Also, his game began TLoZ Parrying, so that needs to be implemented into his moveset.

Megaman would be cool, but they had better buff Samus. Seriously, nerfing the Charge Shot and Super Missiles? You suck, Sakurai. I also had a dream this morning that Sakurai made a new Adventure Mode but didn't make a multiplayer with it; but it had co-op. In it, after Samus used zAir, her Grapple Beam stayed on the ground behind her for a moment and if you pressed Grab during that time, it went extra far as a weak attack with no sweetspot. >.> How about buffing Screw Attack? It's supposed to be the be-all-end-all of Metroid, not crappy multihit. Give Super Missiles old knockback, Homing Missiles less accurate but more damage, and allow Charge Shot to kill at, like, 100%. I like her dTilt. It should stay like that. Maybe change fSmash to a strong burst of Plasma similar to ROB? I dunno.

But, yeah, Samus deserves better representation.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
"lol bad graphics"
I never played a game of the Toon-Zelda subseries because of the graphics. Not because the graphics are bad, but mainly because Celshaded graphics make me want to vomit. Not to mention I'm not that big of a Zelda fan, so I can do without it.
You can say what you want and how good it is - I tried it out at a friend and it caused me to run in circles, screaming and ripping off my hair.

Edit: w00t 1000 posts \o/

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, Samus getting nerfed so much didn't make a lick of sense. She wears a battlesuit with high tech weapons and she has less KO potential than her suitless form and even Jigglypuff? WTF? I also agree with your ideas about Toon Link; they really should strive to set him more apart from Link in the next game although seeing what happened to Ganondorf and Falco in Brawl, I doubt they will.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I would rather see Toon Link remade than taken out. I love Wind Waker, and honestly wish to spite all that say "lol bad graphics". Go play TLoZ for NES and say that again, in public.

Anyway, he needs to wield the Phantom Sword, Grapple Hook, Deku Leaf, Wind Waker, and Skull Hammer. Also, his game began TLoZ Parrying, so that needs to be implemented into his moveset.
Exactly, but he was still too similar to Link. I would like to see him return if he was extremely different, but I doubt that's going to happen again.

Toon Link would be a lot funner if his Grapple Hook acted like a mix of Belay and Plasma Wire, making Toon Link get a boost vertically while spiking the opponent downward.

And Deku Leaf as a Glide function and better F.L.U.D.D.-like use.

I think Bombchus should replace normal bombs too.

Megaman would be cool, but they had better buff Samus. Seriously, nerfing the Charge Shot and Super Missiles? You suck, Sakurai. I also had a dream this morning that Sakurai made a new Adventure Mode but didn't make a multiplayer with it; but it had co-op. In it, after Samus used zAir, her Grapple Beam stayed on the ground behind her for a moment and if you pressed Grab during that time, it went extra far as a weak attack with no sweetspot. >.> How about buffing Screw Attack? It's supposed to be the be-all-end-all of Metroid, not crappy multihit. Give Super Missiles old knockback, Homing Missiles less accurate but more damage, and allow Charge Shot to kill at, like, 100%. I like her dTilt. It should stay like that. Maybe change fSmash to a strong burst of Plasma similar to ROB? I dunno.

But, yeah, Samus deserves better representation.
Or maybe have Samus' missiles shoot out faster and call them Hyper Missiles for more spammage. She'd be higher tier if that were the case, and making her Super Missile into a Freeze Missile to set up for a devastating fully Charged Shot.

She's wearing freaking shoulderpads, her dash attack should do a lot more knockback.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to go ahead and say that Samus did get one improvement in Brawl: the jet-boosted jump. It's more accurate, but more importantly, it just feels good.

But really, Samus is one of the most underrated Nintendo characters. The Space Pirates are deathly afraid of her (she seems to be, basically, their Satan figure) and she has enough weapons to make her essentially Sexy Future Batman.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
It used to. Also, you seem to forget that Ice makes people very heavy and not smashable. Sure, you can fire that Charge Shot, but you'll barely nudge them and do only half the damage.

EDIT: Indeed. Metroid Prime is my favourite Sci-Fi :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom