• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shulix

Smash Rookie
Iunno why I waited so long for my first post...

Anyway, I didn't look through all that carefully but I see a real lack of Viewtiful Joe love.

C'mon, you all know that'd be sweet. And then Blademaster Alastor.

My new characters'd probably be Travis Touchdown, Viewtiful Joe, Knuckles, De-Cloned Dorf (because he'd be so different), and Create - A - Character.

Because of the way SSB is set up, the CAC'd probably be either a clone or one of five (or something) templates. Anything more complicated than that would just be too complicated.

And at that I'm even a little apprehensive of CAC, so sort of ignore that. I just like the idea of a signature character that you can store on your wii remote.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Blah..

1). What new franchises will be represented?

Golden Sun, Sin & Punishment, Punch-Out!!, Nazo no Murasamejou, Animal Crossing

2). What expansions of existing franchises will occur?

Fire Emblem, Starfox and Metroid should get one new character. Pokemon should get two, and one of those could be a new trainer with three new pokemon (take out anything stamina related, though).

3). Which one to three characters should be cut?

Jigglypuff, Lucario..

4). Which character deserves to be de-cloned the most?

Ganondorf, give him that darn sword, already!

5). What new features should be added?

Air Taunting, Air Grabbing...idk

6). Who're YOUR top three most wanted character choices?

Two Fire Emblem characters (either Roy, Alm, Lyn or Sigurd), and an F-Zero Character (Jody Summer preferably, but Deathborn would be nice.. but no men with horns in skintight suits (coughBlack Shadowcough)

7). Who would you rather have be the director?

Me! Just Kidding.. sorta. I suppose Miyamoto. It should be someone with extensive knowledge of the games published by Nintendo (which again, is me! =D but just kidding.. I'd never be in that position)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm definitely more a fan of Brawl's Air Dodge.

Aside from being more realistic, I find Brawl's Air Dodge mechanic more useful. Melee's Air Dodges didn't ever serve much of a purpose for me (granted, I never knew about Wavedashing, but still). I find myself using Brawl's Air Dodges all the time to avoid attacks, though. So... I'd definitely have to go with Brawl for that one.

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
Iunno why I waited so long for my first post...

Anyway, I didn't look through all that carefully but I see a real lack of Viewtiful Joe love.

C'mon, you all know that'd be sweet. And then Blademaster Alastor.

My new characters'd probably be Travis Touchdown, Viewtiful Joe, Knuckles, De-Cloned Dorf (because he'd be so different), and Create - A - Character.

Because of the way SSB is set up, the CAC'd probably be either a clone or one of five (or something) templates. Anything more complicated than that would just be too complicated.

And at that I'm even a little apprehensive of CAC, so sort of ignore that. I just like the idea of a signature character that you can store on your wii remote.

Another vote for Travis Touchdown!
...Thats...3...Wooo!

Also viewtiful Joe would be some sweet action.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Brawl Airdodge, but only if you can use it one time in the air instead of being able to spam it.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Air Dodge ftw! And increase the Sakurai love, guys! If he was really that bad, why are we all on this site right now?

And as far as new gameplay mechanics...Air Grabbing has always seemed like a good idea.
Honestly, for SSB4, 50 characters in total, some cool new stages (Tetris stage already PLEASE!), and a sequel to SSE is my expectations. Maybe some more multiplayer modes other than Time, Stock, and Coin. Maybe some sort of King of the Hill type thing? I don't know.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Derp...if by Bonus Mode you mean bring back the Bonuses from Melee, sure.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was so disappointed that we didn't have them in Brawl. That's what happens when you spend so much time on SSE.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Bonus Mode ftw? I remember that. All those names for the tricks you could do in Melee.

What we really need, is Hyrule Temple from 64. And Saffron City.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
PowerBomb.

You just named the only two Smash 64 Recreations I have in my Custom Stages. You win air :O

(Btw, all air won is non refundable after use)

Anyway, 64 Stages were awesome.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
SSE wasn't exactly too long it just took too long to unlike everyone during it. Perhaps they will give everyone separate stories but with an adventure feel to it? Or hears an even crazier Idea. What if they created a Story mode in which case the universes get mixed up. Kind of like MK vs DC. Imagine if you had to race with Wario in an F-zero storyline and you had to Run threw sonic levels with Captain Falcon to beat in his story mode. Sonic meanwhile would be too busy fighting against Wolf in space. While Fox and Falco where running threw Mario world....do you get see where I'm going....IDK that might be a bit to wacky. Perhaps I should get some more sleep.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
If Bonus Mode did come back on, I'd like there'd be some type of checklist for them, especially if there was another trophy that had to be unlocked by them.
I used to enjoy Bonus Mode, and a checklist would help keep track of your bonuses.
I don't get why they got rid of it.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
What we need is two seperate copies of the game. One with the Brawl engine one with a Melee engine. The Melee engine copy would have the option to turn off stage hazards and have awesome online. Never gonna happen tho.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
What we need is two seperate copies of the game. One with the Brawl engine one with a Melee engine. The Melee engine copy would have the option to turn off stage hazards and have awesome online. Never gonna happen tho.
So you mean SSBB, and then SSBB for the tourny players?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You mean, you want the game to be like Halo 3? You know, the making more than one copy just to add stuff to the other copy.... that one. -_-;

n88

Smash Lord
That is a wonderful idea with a few problems... Viper JLT4GOV is right.

Although, on the other hand, that does solve the Brawl vs. Melee problem. But they would have to be clearly labeled and separated. I can imagine competitive players picking up the Brawl version, and being very confused.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Why not just have the option to choose what engine you want to play on one disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom