• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Honestly, people BAAAAAAWWWW too much about sword users. There's only 5 in the game. A lot of video game characters use swords. Plus, what do you have against another cute character, Paper Mario Master?

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Honestly, people BAAAAAAWWWW too much about sword users. There's only 5 in the game. A lot of video game characters use swords. Plus, what do you have against another cute character, Paper Mario Master?
I don't, it's just Stafy and Kirby are similar to me but I guess he's okay, but have you seen his AT? All he does is spin around and he's not even good at that.

I'm not saying sword users are bad it's just that everyone wants Gannon to have a sword but I think it's a waste. He only used that sword in how many games? TP?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Silver Spyro said:
Ahem, where is Cloud Strife?

I know everyone was thinking it
Obligatory LOL @ Aeris

Neo Exdeath said:
@Silver Spyro: Cloud's games have never been on a Nintendo Console, so he's never getting in. The only characters form Final Fantasy that have a shot at getting in are Cecil, Terra, and Black Mage.
I'd love to see Terra and Black Mage, in fact I'm planning MYM sets for them (plus Chocobo), but I think the most likely FF character would be Chocobo, who is iconic of Final Fantasy and has his own series of games (Chocobo Mystery Dungeon). The perfect Sueenix duo in my opinion would be Chocobo and Slime, for the Square side and the Enix side plus the Final Fantasy side and the DQ side. That said, I don't think a SE rep will get into SSB... 4. They have a shot for SSB5.

n88

Smash Lord
@Paper Mario Master

Well, I'm not crazy about Tingle, I just find him mildly amusing. Starfy is there to pretty up my CSS. (Needed someone else in that column) Kinda stupid reason, but hey, what the heck.

@Cloud Strife Stuff

Uhhhhh, he's from Final Fantasy, right? I have to admit that I've never played a FF game in my life. So I can't say he has good chances of making it onto a list of characters I want in the game.

Squeenix could get a rep in SSB4 if they ask for one. I don't think Nintendo would ask them.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
@ Paper Mario Master: Have you ever played his game? First impressions can be deceiving.

@Wizzerd: You're doing Terra? Awesome! I claim Exdeath! And yeah, I forgot about Chocobo.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
@ Paper Mario Master: Have you ever played his game? First impressions can be deceiving.

@Wizzerd: You're doing Terra? Awesome! I claim Exdeath! And yeah, I forgot about Chocobo.
Well I played a demo at Target for a few minutes..... :psycho:

The 2 FF characters That have the best chance are Black Mage and Chocobo. Black Mage cuz of the Mario Hoops thing and Chocobo cuz he/she (idk...) has their own games on Nintendo consoles and they're iconic.

A stage for Black Mage would be Black Mage Village.......idk for Chocobo.....

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Paper Mario Master said:
A stage for Black Mage would be Black Mage Village.......idk for Chocobo.....
A stage for Chocobo could maybe be a "Mystery Dungeon" based on the Chocobo Mystery Dungeon games, having a bunch of possible objects for each little area like blocks and treasure chests but looking different each time (Though it would always have a bottom platform).

EDIT: Chocobo Forest could be interesting too.

I doubt Chocobo would get a stage if theres no FF chaarcters...which there won't be so....

Oh and GANNON-BANNED for some posts two and three pages back.

Edit: Oh my bad...I'll just shut up for know then

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know there is already a ninjaesque character but they should introduce a famous ninja like shinobi or something. I would suggest ryu hayabusa from gaiden but I know that's impossible. But I don't know, there is already too many characters with swords on the roster.
Ryu Hayabusa? Impossible? Not quite. One must remember that there was a trilogy of Ninja Gaiden games released for the NES, back in the day. Those games were well-received by the hardcore crowd. There's also the fact that the modern Ryu showed up in a game for the DS, but that doesn't count as much.

Still, he stands a better chance to represent Tecmo in Smash than, say, Rygar or the DOA crew.

Also, don't say that there are too many swordsmen. That's a flimsy argument.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
I doubt Chocobo would get a stage if theres no FF chaarcters...which there won't be so....
I don't understand.......Chocobo is the character :confused: and they have a chance w/ the Chocobo's Dungeon and Black Mage could get in because of Mario Hoops 3-on-3........Once again stranger things have happened........R.O.B.....................

Any other stages for any characters? I got one......Space Colony ARK for Sonic

Chocobo could also have ONE of his job classes as an alt.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
The ARK would be cool cuz it appears in different games in the series so different things could happen like Cosmic Fall stage in Shadow the Hedgehog, that Biolizard thingy, and whatever else happens to that thing. Stuff like that and there could also be a time where there was no ground and you were just falling and then land on something after a while. It would be cool.

I don't understand.......Chocobo is the character :confused: and they have a chance w/ the Chocobo's Dungeon and Black Mage could get in because of Mario Hoops 3-on-3........Once again stranger things have happened........R.O.B.....................

Any other stages for any characters? I got one......Space Colony ARK for Sonic

Chocobo could also have ONE of his job classes as an alt.
But They are a third party still correct? If they are third party and aside from a few new games, they are still FF camels. Random guest chaarcters in a single game add very little credability for a character's chances of getting in. R.O.B is not in Brawl because of Mario Kart DS, he is in becaus eof 1983 (I think that was the year) where he helped (since people here don;t like the term saved) video games become a mainstream form of recreation. Chocobo did not do this, at all.

n88

Smash Lord
@Shino

Actually, ROB is in because of Mario Kart DS. Sakurai saw him in that and thought it would be funny if he was in SMash.

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
On the new stages topic, I've been wondering lately why there's been no Bowser's Castle stage in Smash. It sure wouldn't be a tourney-legal stage, but it would have so much potential. Lava, spikes, Thwomps, and so on. I think it would be a really fun idea and a much better Bowser stage then anything we have now.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ryu Hayabusa? Impossible? Not quite. One must remember that there was a trilogy of Ninja Gaiden games released for the NES, back in the day. Those games were well-received by the hardcore crowd. There's also the fact that the modern Ryu showed up in a game for the DS, but that doesn't count as much.

Still, he stands a better chance to represent Tecmo in Smash than, say, Rygar or the DOA crew.

Also, don't say that there are too many swordsmen. That's a flimsy argument.
Wasn't aware of an appearance on the ds, and the fact that the trilogy appeared on the nes is the only reason I even mentioned or hoped for it. And yeah I hope that wouldn't be nintendos reason for not adding him (too many swords men) the game needs more ninjas.

n88

Smash Lord
@Shino

I was afraid you might ask. I'm gonna have to hunt it down now. Give me some time on that.

What do people think about the physics of SSB4? I would like to see Melee-esque speed/comboing/hitstun, but Brawl-level ATs.

Don't worry about it, get it whever, I'm more cuirous than doubtful, i just don't see how that would be the ONLY reason R.O.B was included.

As for Physics I would like to see Melee physics, with Wave-dashing kept out (Note: I'm not a scrub who thinks WD is hard and impossible to use, or a glitch. I am actually quite good, I just don't enjoy doing it, and find it unnessecary). I agree on the AT point, Brawl's are way more fun. I'd also like to see infinite Chaingrabs disapear and make Gerudo chasing a lil easier ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Shino

I was afraid you might ask. I'm gonna have to hunt it down now. Give me some time on that.

What do people think about the physics of SSB4? I would like to see Melee-esque speed/comboing/hitstun, but Brawl-level ATs.
I want to see something in between Brawl and Melee. It's fast enough that you have to use your reflexes often, but slow enough to execute some advanced combos with enough practice.

Aside from speed, I want hitstun, L-canceling, and advanced techniques that come from exploiting the inherent system, not glitches.

Zye84

Smash Cadet
I tried to post this on the GameFAQ boards, but that was a failure since it kept getting deleted.

Anyways, not sure if this was brought up, but I thought up of a cool stage that could be fairly fun for the casual gamer; a Tetris stage. I was wondering why they would not have done this before since tetris is almost as iconic as Mario, but I digress. Think of a stage that would work almost exactly like Tetris, with the falling blocks creating your actual platform. It would eventually start to scroll up once it builds up, and if it can no longer build up it explodes and kills off everyone. To prevent this, the players, be it enemies or allies, hit the blocks to have them fit on the floor. = ) I would guess if a block is about to land and the character is under it, they would be damaged by it in some way, perhaps . This, I think, would be a really fun co-op stage!

another aspect i thought of, perhaps one person has control of the stage itself and not have a character they're using in battle. Instead they literally play Tetris to build the stage around the players, to hinder, or help them, even KO them. "Link, Mario, C. Falcon vs. TETRIS BLOCK(s)! = P

PS. well I guess Tetris isn't owned by nintendo, but it sure was a big part of it, at least in the Game Boy world.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
I agree, a Tetris stage would be fun. But, in the SSE, if you get crush in the middle of two blocks, you die. Now think about the mass crushing deaths that would come from a Tetris stage.

n88

Smash Lord
@Shino

I didn't mean it was the ONLY reason. Sorry if I came across that way. I just meant that it was the deciding factor. Tetris stage would be pretty B-A.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of a tetris stage. But maybe it should just be a still stage, without all the moving parts. And maybe in the BG they have a tetris game going on or something... To avoid complications.

@Shino

I didn't mean it was the ONLY reason. Sorry if I came across that way. I just meant that it was the deciding factor. Tetris stage would be pretty B-A.
if it's not the only reason, then what does chocobo have that makes him logical? He has the WTF factor of ROB, but he lacks the historic factor that he DOES have. Chocobo has little going for him, and besides having a couple of games (Many many characters have a game on nintendo console >.>). What makes him a all plausible?

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
if it's not the only reason, then what does chocobo have that makes him logical? He has the WTF factor of ROB, but he lacks the historic factor that he DOES have. Chocobo has little going for him, and besides having a couple of games (Many many characters have a game on nintendo console >.>). What makes him a all plausible?
He's the mascot of Final Fantasy.

Smashsamurai

Smash Cadet
My main concern for a new SSB would be better online play and possibly a ranking system.

...........and no tripping.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, Chocobo is the only Final Fantasy character to appear on the polls. I remember Chocobo had the most votes out of all third party characters on the Melee poll while Sonic and Mega Man were tied and had the fewest votes.

n88

Smash Lord
Chocobo scored a 9 on the Melee polls. That's as much as Sonic's votes multiplied by Mega Man's votes. So I'd say Sakurai's probably conisdered Chocobo before.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
Alright, fine, he may be a canididate, but I really feel he won't be in.

And if Sonic had the least why was he in Brawl?
Don't worry, I too seriously doubt we will ever see ANYTHING Final Fantasy related in a Smash game.

And I know a lot of people will hate me for saying, but I hate Geno and I don't think he will never be in smash. I don't think they would give him one of the few 3rd party slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom