• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Carroll I'll have to pass on the word to FoxLisk via skype later. He doesn't read smashboards anymore.

edit: Carroll you have mod powers now.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
how do I delete a tourney? I uploaded one and it said no entrants. i feel like this isnt the fist time this has happened
This almost always happens because for the "Game Played" section in Tio, it was either blank or not Melee. The only person that can delete an upload is FoxLisk. But you should be able to re upload the file after adding the game played section.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
How long does it take for tournaments to get uploaded and stuff? I sent one in last week but it hasn't made it up there yet

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
To the people who are worried/wondering about this project:

It will be going through some changes in the coming months. Please continue to upload new .tio files as they come along. They will likely not get processed and Elo will not be updated, but at least this way they are still saved to a central hub to be used for when we get this project moving again.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
It's still currently an excellent database of past tournament results, which is arguably more important than the ratings aspect of it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Foxlisk has told us that he will release his source so that we can continue this project. TOs should keep uploading results now, it will help us down the road.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Yeah, once we make this open source things can really hit the ground running. It was unrealistic to expect Foxlisk to do that much work on his own.

Whoever gets administrative control should keep things as transparent as possible; the smash community has proven to be rather efficient with group projects (project M)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It's gonna take a group effort not just to get the site fully functional again, but to regain that lost momentum the project had.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Don't be so pessimistic. Motivation seems fairly high right now and it appears we even have a complete team. Check the MBR forums for more, rob

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
From an outside perspective, it appears that this project has been shut down for about half a year, when I first started smash I thought this was cool, but it has turned into nothing. Doesn't have a website for a long time -> doesn't seem to work at all for a long time -> seems to only half work for a long time. . .

Now I find out most of the project is run by one person who lost interest? Looks bad, really bad.

Good idea though.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Understandable that it wouldn't look too good. For now, lets look at the SSBPD as a rough draft. The final product is going to be amazing. We are working on it still, so be patient and await its awesomeness.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Yeah, I still think this is the greatest idea ever.

But the project just needs a new leader, and the work ought to be distributed more evenly. I really hope you all don't just keep everything in the backroom after he hands administrative privileges over.

Just have a couple trusted developers head the project, each with commit access, and host it on a git. Open source management is designed to be less strenuous on the maintainer, and that is vital for this project's long-term success.

Stylez

Smash Cadet
I would definitely help with this if it's needed. The programming I do at work is getting really....boring

Top Bottom