• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

The Star King

Smash Hero
If anyone here thinks/thought that Juggleguy doesn't understand you have to hit the jump button for wd oos then they should stop posting.

:phone:
It's not about hitting the jump button, it's about whether you physically leave the ground. I specifically said so in the post right above yours, for God's sake. If you think that other people think it's about whether you hit the jump button or not you should stop posting.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
First of all, the whole disagreement began because of triggers. He was saying you can let go of shield and then jump instead of actually jumping during the shield. The problem is this is still jumping out of shield (whether you still have the trigger pressed in or not) and it is also a completely inferior way of doing WD out of shield because it basically tacks on extra frames before the jump just so you can get the repress in time to WD.
No. He wasn't saying this at all. You can wavedash oos by letting go and repressing the trigger during your jumpstart frames. aka letting go of the trigger AFTER you jump

this is a dumb conversation

Bones0

Smash Legend
No. He wasn't saying this at all. You can wavedash oos by letting go and repressing the trigger during your jumpstart frames. aka letting go of the trigger AFTER you jump

this is a dumb conversation
If he was saying that, then why would he say you don't have to actually jump out of shield?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
what

let's talk about elo ratings guys
get that other crap outta here.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I found a little mistake lol.

There's 2 Tag$'s. 1 is from AZ, and the other is from... somewhere on the east coast. It looks like both of their records got fused together in the database lol.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
lol is there seriously another Tag$? One of them is from Tristate (NY). I can fix it as soon as FoxLisk gets everything working again.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Im glad to see this is coming back! I was really worried for a while there.

I got 5 new TIO files to submit when the time is right

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Looks like some of the tournament data got deleted. The data from Knight Slash 4 got deleted and I don't know how many others.

LLDL

Smash Hero
This is just the most recent back up of the site before it went down. As you can see, the latest tournament added was in April. Everything that came after will need to be re added

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
We need the .tio files for that USB tournament, as well as Zenith and Impulse. Also there was that AZ tournament that M2K won ahead of S2J, and the Washington tournament that Silent Wolf hosted.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Northwest Manifest and NYTE

yeah the database isn't doing us much good if we don't have the last 5 tourneys that top players played in

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Can you please take this website down again? If people look at my ELO, they'll realize I have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about, and I don't want that to happen.

Thanks.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I have the Impulse tio file with pools (but not the amateur bracket). I'm just waiting until ssbpd is fully functional before I upload anything.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i believe I have NWM's .tio file
and on that note so should you unless you deleted the e-mail, Ziv

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I am kinda surprised you dont start losing points for inactivity in this system, it i feel would help make it more accurate (still wouldn't be accurate but at least people who haven't played since 2007 wouldn't still be high ranking today)

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I am kinda surprised you dont start losing points for inactivity in this system, it i feel would help make it more accurate (still wouldn't be accurate but at least people who haven't played since 2007 wouldn't still be high ranking today)

While we appreciate your input, I recommend you read through the topic to see why ratings decay has no place in our Elo system.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Foxlisk told me that the website is now fully operational, meaning people can start uploading their files again.

Looking forward to rankings after all the recent stuff.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
It's not working for me. I tried to re-upload Upstate Battle and got:

"System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Files\UnauthorizedUploads\upstatebattle.tio2012-07-30-313492'."

Tried uploading Impulse and got a similar error.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So if we can use this database as an indicator of someone skill level(Kels proves this). then what's the point of it?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
So if we can use this database as an indicator of someone skill level(Kels proves this). then what's the point of it?
I'm assuming that's supposed to say can't. And to answer the question:

1) The DB was down for two months, has NO results since 4/7, and something is wrong with the site and will not accepted new tourney uploads.

2) The DB is a work in progress, and once enough results are compiled, you WILL be able to use it as an indicator of skill level.

3) Like ALL indicators of skill level, it will never be 100% perfect. It's like trying to decide who is the better player: Jman or Lovage. S2J or Hax. random noob 1 or random noob 2. There is absolutely NO POSSIBLE WAY TO EVER KNOW 100% OF THE TIME. There are infinite variables that no system could possibly compute. So don't be a ****** and take it with a grain of salt.

4) Kels's elo is not overrated. There are a lot of players that are lower than him that are underrated. With isolated regions like the Midwest, or some areas overseas, it's impossible to determine relative skill levels without competition between other regions. Elo can correct itself rather easy, however when those regions mingle. But honestly, if everything was updated prior to Rule 6, you would see Kels rated around 1850 lose to Mango rated around 2050 and S2J rated around 1850, and he beat everybody else he played. So his Elo score is actually pretty accurate. You're just looking at the fact that he's the 8th highest rated player. That's more of an issue with missing a lot of recent results, and missing a ton of data for some very strong regions like Florida, East Coast, Canada, and Mexico. If we ever get enough data, Kels will fall to the more likely range of 30-50 (in the world) where he should be.

Top Bottom