• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

TheLake

Smash Master
Orly is the man

mad homo

I came to this thread

because your name is Zivilyn Bane

Good ****

The one who got away...:/

Bones0

Smash Legend
Whoever changed Mew2King to Marth earlier checked the "Overwrite all sets box", so all his matches are listed as being played with Marth... and I'm pretty sure he didn't go Marth vs. s2j @ NYTE...

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Serious answer: I think the server is just being updated/reprocessed right now. Check again in the morning to see if your numbers are off.

Idk answer: Johnny stop fapping to your Elo

Bones0

Smash Legend
OMG what is this? Is Mew2King going all Marth from now on or something? I don't remember him going Marth vs. Falcon since that one match vs. PC Chris where he did that sexy double bair edge guard. :D :D :D :D :D

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Orly is the man

mad homo

I came to this thread

because your name is Zivilyn Bane

Good ****

The one who got away...:/
Say wut? lol

It's still reprocessing. It's at December, 2011 right now. So nothing after that has been rated yet.

S2J you'll go up more, no worries :)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Reprocessing takes several hours and chronologically it's currently at around Apex 2012. It'll be a couple more hours before it's done probably.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
If you are going to simply use "John" it's best to use a last initial imo. There's always going to be random people named John going to tourneys lol

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
What was his issue? (I'm assuming you spoke to him.)
I did when we played today, he said he doesn't like that some tournaments such as Nationals are weighed as highly as lets say biweeklies. His main thing was that how Kels is rated so high, when he doesn't really beat anyone "good"

Nintendude

Smash Hero
The thing with Kels' rating is that anytime he loses to someone his rating takes a big hit. After SMYM 13 his rating went down by 30 points even though he won 13 matches and only lost 2. If his rating is inaccurate, it'll quickly get corrected as long as Midwest players step it up and stop letting him win tournaments.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
another quick thing about west coast: "Adam-wc" is the same as "NeighborhoodP"

thanks for all your work guys, this looks really good, especially as we get more and more data

Raish

Smash Rookie
First, I just wanted to say this site is amazing! I just got into the tournament scene, and I'm excited to have a record of my progress! I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere (I tried to find it but couldn't), but I was wondering why only the top 50 players have numbered rankings by their names. Was that a logistical thing or just stylistic?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
What do you do when there are multiple players sharing a name, and you want to specify results as pertaining to one or the other? Like here: http://ssbpd.com/player/Jeff
The most recent results on that page are from a Jeff who lives in Mississippi (oddly enough, he's a quiet asian who plays Falcon, but let's not get into that...), but the others are definitely someone else. Is there anyway to flag that, or should I just post about that kind of thing in this thread?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
What do you do when there are multiple players sharing a name, and you want to specify results as pertaining to one or the other? Like here: http://ssbpd.com/player/Jeff
The most recent results on that page are from a Jeff who lives in Mississippi (oddly enough, he's a quiet asian who plays Falcon, but let's not get into that...), but the others are definitely someone else. Is there anyway to flag that, or should I just post about that kind of thing in this thread?
You did it right by posting here. Does he have a tag or alias we can change him to?

:phone:

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
As far as I know he does not, but I'll ask him... maybe Jeff-MS could work?

Edit: Just texted him, apparently he wants to go with Chef, which is currently not taken on the site. Thanks.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Can we change the naming convention for region distinguishers to "(NY)" instead of "-NY"?

Also, for people who use their real name in tourneys, we should try to get them to use their last initials too.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Last initial and /or region is good. I'll add a generic text comment box sometime soon so you don't just have to post in here, but for now just bringing things like that up here works.

:phone:

Bones0

Smash Legend
I like the parentheses better, but it's much harder for players to convey to TOs when they attend tournaments. Unless we are ultimately going to get that automatic player chooser prompt at the upload screen, in which case it won't matter nearly as much.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
another quick thing about west coast: "Adam-wc" is the same as "NeighborhoodP"

thanks for all your work guys, this looks really good, especially as we get more and more data
oh other socal changes to note: there was a couple small things, "GMHybrid" is actually "Hyprid", and "Connor" is "ConnorTheKid"

if u can fix this thanks!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I am fapping to mine right now.
You think yours is good? I'm one of the top 20 players in NC. I'm even better than the guy who beat PP in Zelda dittos, which must mean I'm better than PP's Zelda. How's that for 5 months?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
oh other socal changes to note: there was a couple small things, "GMHybrid" is actually "Hyprid", and "Connor" is "ConnorTheKid"

if u can fix this thanks!
Done.

:) :)

EDIT: I have a link to the bracket from TG6. I think somebody that is really old school should remake it. I was gonna do it but I think if we could get a really oldschool Norcal player to help out so that we make sure we get the right tags for a lot of the old players that are using their names. I mean, I know a few of them, but just in case. Anybody want to take a look?

Top Bottom