• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
All I got from reading those 15 pages is people arguing with Xyro half the time, THieN constantly throwing the same trash across the table "Real Life > Brawl! Quit fighting *****es!! I r embarassed to be in the South cuz of yall!", And drama still going left and right about Who's the Top 15 players

Meta Knight tends to do that.
Quite lovely, isn't it?

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I have a question about tournament turnout. What is the minimum number of participants you need in order to be added on the PR? Is there even a requirement for that?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
There is no requirement.

Also - Texas should ban :metaknight: completely.

**** the Unity Ruleset.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Honestly, I felt the same way watching Sonics run from MKs at MLG Dallas. It wasn't the MK that made it uninteresting.

Just saying.
I think i'd rather see A Sonic time out Meta Knight, rather then knowing MK has the satisfaction of winning the match...

I have a question about tournament turnout. What is the minimum number of participants you need in order to be added on the PR? Is there even a requirement for that?
This list has $1 tournaments added... So i'm sure if the tournament has maybe 10+ people and A Tio file it'll be added with no problem.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Honestly, I felt the same way watching Sonics run from MKs at MLG Dallas. It wasn't the MK that made it uninteresting.

Just saying.
You clearly didn't watch any of my games, then.
I only played one MK, and he camped me, not the other way around.

X is a different story though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Meta Knight is getting more and more dominant according to John#'s data.
It's not surprising that he comes up in discussion every now and then, Infinity.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Every now and then? Yeah sure, I can understand that.

The frequency the debate seems to find it's way to my personal sphere of influence? Ridiculous. I get asked why he isn't banned at every tournament I go to without fail, plus any time someone mentions one line about Metaknight in this thread it turns in to an argument about banning Metaknight.

Surely if I'm understanding about other people's frustration they can be understanding when I get frustrated, yes?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
That's fine Espy, but nothing has changed here in TX. That's what I don't understand about this debate going on here.

If this was EC, I'd understand

Suspect

Smash Hero
I like how this turned in to another Metaknight debate.... again.

I swear, some of the players in Texas are ****ing childish.
i miss you :(

edit: Isnt DPHAT retiring? Doesnt matter cause we still have about 70 other mks to worry about here tho who keep winning everything.

z00ted

Guys, this is not a social - I WILL hand out infractions.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I got bored and actually decided to look for Meta Knights, By the time I hit 30 it started to annoy me and I stopped.

Illmatic laying down the law, despite having no power yet.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Every now and then? Yeah sure, I can understand that.

The frequency the debate seems to find it's way to my personal sphere of influence? Ridiculous. I get asked why he isn't banned at every tournament I go to without fail, plus any time someone mentions one line about Metaknight in this thread it turns in to an argument about banning Metaknight.

Surely if I'm understanding about other people's frustration they can be understanding when I get frustrated, yes?
I don't think you're completely understanding the frustrations of other players, Infinity.
Let them vent, and we'll let you vent. No need to attack the players and instigate the issue further by telling them that they are being "****ing childish". The venting will pass if you leave it alone.

In the end, Meta Knight is still being Meta Knight.

That's fine Espy, but nothing has changed here in TX. That's what I don't understand about this debate going on here.

Probably because Meta Knight's influence is universal.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Annoyed or frustrated about the debate popping up everywhere? Sure.

However, debate does not make people "****ing childish", nor does it warrant a general attack on anyone who participates in it.

Dojo

Smash Champion
We've already been through this numerous times.

It's not like he's a dominating force in Texas anyways. There's about 3-4 recognizable ones that a vast number of you can beat. The rest don't really matter. If he isn't banned nationally, you're only handicapping yourselves.

This isn't ****ing daycare. It's a competitive community. Learn to play the game. Be competitive for ****s sake instead of *****ing about every little thing that gives you a problem.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer

Something has changed in TX. I started hosting tournaments again and they are all MK banned. It's reasonable that people are bringing up this topic now.

Xyro have you been able to keep up-to-date with renaming people and such? Any issues with the program? Still working together with Espy?

EDIT: and before anyone asks, I did not decide to ban MK at my tourneys because I thought the character was broken or OP. And don't ask about it here.

z00ted

I don't care whether Metaknight gets banned or not.
I like the challenge of facing a character that has tons of options in a bunch of situations.

However, I feel as though it would benefit the entire community if he is banned.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Metaknight isn't that bad. Olimar is broken though. When are we banning him? :)
When we either get rid of Denti in TX /sarcasm
Or when Olimars are more common then Meta Knight.

However, I feel as though it would benefit the entire community if he is banned.
Only for World War 3 to sprout from the ground.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Don't worry about convincing this region, try debating with other regions first.

You...won't get very far.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
i miss you :(

edit: Isnt DPHAT retiring? Doesnt matter cause we still have about 70 other mks to worry about here tho who keep winning everything.
We should candy bar money match again like we did at Mizumi Con that one year :D

All stages on, random characters :p

Also - when's the last time you saw a Metaknight win a Texas tournament? Gnes and Razer have that **** on lockdown, yo.

I don't think you're completely understanding the frustrations of other players, Infinity.
Let them vent, and we'll let you vent. No need to attack the players and instigate the issue further by telling them that they are being "****ing childish". The venting will pass if you leave it alone.

In the end, Meta Knight is still being Meta Knight.
You're judging my understanding of other people based on one post? You know me better than that, Espy =/

Annoyed or frustrated about the debate popping up everywhere? Sure.

However, debate does not make people "****ing childish", nor does it warrant a general attack on anyone who participates in it.
It was less of a debate in here and more like a lynch mob, dude. And you're right, debating doesn't make someone childish. I wasn't calling anyone childish for their opinions or them debating; people are entitled to say what they please and think what they want and I won't ever tell someone they're wrong for having their own opinion. Random hate without provocation for multiple things is pretty childish though, in my opinion.

--------------------

You guys know the last thing I want to do is argue with any of you; you're all my friends and I really hate animosity between me and my friends. My bad for stepping on anyone's toes with that statement =/

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Wow, not what I was expecting when I came in here.

You guys are actually *****ing about MK in Texas, the least MK-dominated major region. Where even our top MKs aren't even guaranteed top 5. I am very disappointed. I've always seen MK banning as a huge hindrance to the community. Most of you that whine for him to be banned dislike him so much that you refuse to even learn how to fight him and it just makes you even worse at the matchup and then you ***** more and so on and so on. Some of you just need to man up. If there's any state you should feel like you can do it, it should be Texas.

I love all of you, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom