• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Actually it's 32 points... gosh guys read the OP there's rules set by Zac already just gotta pay attention ;]
It doesn't say 32 or 24 in the first post, or at least I didn't see it anywhere, and last I had heard it was 24k for winners bracket matches and 16k for losers bracket.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
The whole point of this new tier list system was for it to be consistantly updated. With the old system 3 months didn't matter...
And to create a system without bias and using practically only results/numbers which makes it more accurate. This one also has a ****load more players.

And there is no real amazingness from a PR being updated so very constantly. To me, it removes the excitement.

about mk
Everyone just needs to chill, it seems like people just find fun in senselessly arguing about random **** on this site. If you really feel like complaining, then do so in a friendly manner and not "Omfg ****ing metaknight, i would be higher on the pr without him, he bores me blah blah blah xkokoxfxsdfs"
Like cmon, it doesn't matter if your pressing us with hard facts. Narcissism and *****y-ness will get you nowhere and no one will want to come to terms with you except your legion of MK hating buttholes. Some of you should consider taking a class in human relations....

Now can someone show me the illmatic and kprime beef in this thread? I missed out on that

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
It wasn't really beef on k prime. I just stated the PR's faults and how it depicted some players higher than they should be due to their location.

The beef is in the tier list thread.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Everything depicts people higher than they should be. Including tournament brackets.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Zac, could you specify how tournament attendance works, as in how many entrants are necessary for a tournament to count for the PR?

Second, is there a minimum entrance fee for singles?

These questions came up in the DMT results thread. I would appreciate if DMT 8 counted anyways because attendance isn't or has never been specified in the OP.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Zac, could you specify how tournament attendance works, as in how many entrants are necessary for a tournament to count for the PR?
There is no minimum in terms of players per tournament. It would be better to look at it in terms of the frequency in which tournaments are held. Holding 3 tournaments in a week is unacceptable (clearly you're just abusing the system. Soon, I'll release my updated version which will account for frequent tournaments and adjust points accordingly (aka the Kprime issue... lol).

Another thing to consider is what if another TO used my program in a smaller region, say Idaho, where typical tournament attendance varies from 7 to 15 players? That's totally fine. It just feels weird here in TX where are usual tournament size is 20-40.

Second, is there a minimum entrance fee for singles?
Yes/No. I don't put a minimum entry fee on tournaments. While I could say there's a minimum of $1 entry fee to avoid people playing for free and messing around, such a small amount doesn't really stop them. I judge each tournament as they come in to determine whether they count or not. It's pretty obvious when looking at results of a completely free and "fun" tourney to see it wasn't serious.

These questions came up in the DMT results thread. I would appreciate if DMT 8 counted anyways because attendance isn't or has never been specified in the OP.
I'm fairly certain I told Xyro to count DMT 8. I've always counted DMTs, even though they are smaller than other TX tourneys, because the goal of this PR system is to promote tournaments and tournament attendance.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
There is no minimum in terms of players per tournament. It would be better to look at it in terms of the frequency in which tournaments are held. Holding 3 tournaments in a week is unacceptable (clearly you're just abusing the system. Soon, I'll release my updated version which will account for frequent tournaments and adjust points accordingly (aka the Kprime issue... lol).
Our tournaments are monthly so frequency is not a big issue. Yeah, our region's biggest tournament was back in Feb where we had like 19-20 people.

Yes/No. I don't put a minimum entry fee on tournaments. While I could say there's a minimum of $1 entry fee to avoid people playing for free and messing around, such a small amount doesn't really stop them. I judge each tournament as they come in to determine whether they count or not. It's pretty obvious when looking at results of a completely free and "fun" tourney to see it wasn't serious.
Free tournaments seem to attract more people though. They john that they're broke and still wanna play but they don't take it seriously. Sort of a trade off in a college oriented environment.

I'm fairly certain I told Xyro to count DMT 8. I've always counted DMTs, even though they are smaller than other TX tourneys, because the goal of this PR system is to promote tournaments and tournament attendance.
Cool, thanks! This answers all my questions

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
If dallas can send me their 2 tio files for this upcoming weekends 2 events, the PR will go through another update.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Xyro, update this. I want F-tier again so I can play someone good first round.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If zac's tournament counts by that logic, do side events count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom