• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Yoshi CG List ""FRAME DATA INFO CHANGED A FEW THINGS"" (Updated on 9/29/09)

bigman40

Smash Master
Yep. That's the only way

The Fthrow doesn't work. I tried it on a few characters and they can jump before Yoshi is even ready to move.

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
Yep. That's the only way

The Fthrow doesn't work. I tried it on a few characters and they can jump before Yoshi is even ready to move.
Ah okay. Cool. Will perfect mine with a few of these last characters than I should be good. :D

Mmac

Smash Lord
You forgot Link

And I said that you can just do it with a standing grab. you don't need to do that run past him and pivot grab crap anymore.

The hard ones are DK, Diddy, Link, ZSS, Dedede (Super Hard), Pikachu, Charizard, Ike, and Sonic.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
You forgot Link

And I said that you can just do it with a standing grab. you don't need to do that run past him and pivot grab crap anymore.

The hard ones are DK, Diddy, Link, ZSS, Dedede (Super Hard), Pikachu, Charizard, Ike, and Sonic.
pikachu is not that hard but I will make D3 super hard. Also I will add link.

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so isn't the wario one an infinite? Maybe I'm just stupid, but it looks like one to me.

edit: I see it is up for discussion, well I guess I'll say with my limite knowlege and experience it looks like an infinite.

edit 2: I was playing a meta who thought that delfino would be a good counterpick with all of his shuttle loop nonsense. Little did he know that I could chaingrab him off the edge. I f***ed it up though and lost the match, but I still thought it was funny., I don't know why though, lol.

Scala

Smash Ace
I think that it's easier to chaingrab some characters going uphill.

Here in michigan Distant Planet is a starter map, when I played on it I was able to chaingrab DK all the way up the slope off the edge even not doing it perfectly.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I think that it's easier to chaingrab some characters going uphill.

Here in michigan Distant Planet is a starter map, when I played on it I was able to chaingrab DK all the way up the slope off the edge even not doing it perfectly.
To start distant plant is not a neutral or a counter pick stage therefore it can't be counter picked in a tournament. So, even if the CG worked better there it wouldn't matter much.

Scala

Smash Ace
To start distant plant is not a neutral or a counter pick stage therefore it can't be counter picked in a tournament. So, even if the CG worked better there it wouldn't matter much.
Actually it is. Sorry to burst your bubble. Here in michigan samuraipanda has been testing out a strikeout system for maps, and distant planet is one of the starting maps available. I believe that it is being used in the entire midwest now, if I'm not mistaken.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Actually it is. Sorry to burst your bubble. Here in michigan samuraipanda has been testing out a strikeout system for maps, and distant planet is one of the starting maps available. I believe that it is being used in the entire midwest now, if I'm not mistaken.
well, in the east coast or at least the Maryland Virginia area it is a banned stage.

Scala

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the **** has been tested out of which characters can and cannot be chaingrabbed. Check the first post for more info.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Something on the Wario Infinite, the best way to time the grab is by looking at Yoshi. When Wario escapes, Yoshi will do that "Zomg he got out of my mouth!" reaction. As soon as that reaction is over, press grab and you'll regrab him. I also found out that it's much, MUCH easier to do it offline due to the imput lag online, and you'll going to need all the timing you can get. Also as soon as he hit 130%, then you can kill him with a Usmash (Tested on FD only though)

Also here's the other Release Usmash Kill %. Tested on FD with a fresh Usmash

Squirtle: 110%
MetaKnight: 115%
Ganondorf: 145%

Edit: I'm wondering... can't you just follow it up with a Uair?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Something on the Wario Infinite, the best way to time the grab is by looking at Yoshi. When Wario escapes, Yoshi will do that "Zomg he got out of my mouth!" reaction. As soon as that reaction is over, press grab and you'll regrab him. I also found out that it's much, MUCH easier to do it offline due to the imput lag online, and you'll going to need all the timing you can get. Also as soon as he hit 130%, then you can kill him with a Usmash (Tested on FD only though)

Also here's the other Release Usmash Kill %. Tested on FD with a fresh Usmash

Squirtle: 110%
MetaKnight: 115%
Ganondorf: 145%

Edit: I'm wondering... can't you just follow it up with a Uair?
Thanks for those percents. Lets try to get all the percents for the character. And yes I think you can follow up with a up-smash.

I will update with those percents that you have so far.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
The fox probably didn't know how to get out but it is not a CG because he hits the ground to early and he has time to jump/dodge.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I think this guide need to be redone.

1) Falco escaping means that Falco can escape. It wont work if he escapes, and every Falco main by now should know how to. I think it should be removed

2) Dedede is TOO ****ING HARD! I don't think it's worth it.

3) Some of the "Very hards", are not Very Hard at all..... In fact, theres really only two diffuculties, Easy, and Hard. Only difference is that Hard requires timing. Plus it should be organized Greens on Top and Reds on Bottom. Having them scattered is just unprofessional looking

SOVAman

Smash Hero
thanks for letting me know I will fix a few things.

Edit: It is hard for Falco to get out if you time your grab correctly so he stays on the list.

Top Bottom