• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Yoshi CG List ""FRAME DATA INFO CHANGED A FEW THINGS"" (Updated on 9/29/09)

Chaco

Never Logs In
No we don't....Shhhhhhhhh.

XD If you do PRiDE will smite you.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
ok so i tried the down b thing today
i may be doing something wrong, but the timing and spacing are REALLY HARD
you have to make sure you don't dash because you won't stop in time to do the down B
and you can't walk too far or the metaknight will recover (although you can still get him if he jumps)
i think i did it a few times though, can other people check?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
you have to make sure you don't dash because you won't stop in time to do the down B
and you can't walk too far or the metaknight will recover (although you can still get him if he jumps)

You tried the Down B after the grab release or did you do a down throw. In other words what method did you try?

Mmac

Smash Lord
First of all, DownB Release only works on MetaKnight, Squirtle, and Ganondorf. You also don't do it Point Blank. If you time it good, just activate it as soon as they are about to Land

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Just tested it this is what I got it works if they jump 100% of the time BUT if they DI and/or dash away only the first hit hits

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure Sonic can be CGed?

I know he can get out of Falco's Dthrow CG at any % by using/ mashing his up B (I think it takes a frame to come out).

Mmac

Smash Lord
He can, as long as you react right away. You'll grab him before he can recover from the release

D

Deleted member

Yoshi cant cg ike. Not possible. Tell ur friends to not spam jump and jump right when the "stun" ends. Its soo easy for ike to break out.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Yoshi cant cg ike. Not possible. Tell ur friends to not spam jump and jump right when the "stun" ends. Its soo easy for ike to break out.
But Yoshi grabs him before the "Stun" Ends, so how would that be possible?

Also it's not like Teching where you can't just spam it. You can spam jump without punishment

SOVAman

Smash Hero
You can CG Ike it is just as hard as DK if you time it perfectly then he does not regain his jump in btw I did it in a few matches before.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I officially concede.

Ever since April, I haven't found anybody who has been able to jump out of the grabs on Meta Knight like the first guy who I tried it with. With buffered dashes after grab releases that I've been testing out this week, it also seems quite impossible to get out of if dashes are buffered.

I apologize for putting up such resistance a few months ago and pressing it every now and then recently.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: My reaction time must be more balls than I think it is.

Are you buffering the dashes on these?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I think he falls too fast? I remember not being able to do it on him a few months ago.

Of course, that was also when I thought Meta Knight could escape the grabs, so yeah. >_>;

Mmac

Smash Lord
I couldn't do Wolf. He gives me nightmares now....

Also I thought I was helping.... <_<

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: There can be more than one video of chaingrabbing different characters, after all. ^_^;

I'm pretty sure the Yoshi video thread should be redone so that only matches where ludicrous amounts of chaingrabbing occur are displayed. All other matches should be put in the "almost as cool as CGing your opponent to death" list.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Also, I think Ike is offline only too...

Burnt is right, he is pretty hard to do....
I never had trouble with Ike I thought he was pretty easy to CG.

Also, sorry for getting mad at you Mmac I just woke up and it np I might just make one for the hard characters like D3, Snake and exceptionally Wolf. (If I make one)

you cant cg wolf i tried everything he can roll, sidestep or jump way before Yoshi grab him
You have to buffer your dash better its possible but it is the hardest character to CG I can admit that.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
No we don't....Shhhhhhhhh.

XD If you do PRiDE will smite you.
LOL... I would do more than just smiting... Wolf has been the bane of my existence since this game came out!! I HATE WOLF

D

Deleted member

You know what makes me happy. Cging MK, bthrowing him, running behind him and when he tries to attack, pivot grabbing him and doing it again, then fthrow him, chuck an egg or 2, and pivot grab him when he gets back. I almost feel bad for the MK, almost.

Can somebody copy paste my wario easy infinate thing(i shouldnt call it mine, its pretty obvious).

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
You have to buffer your dash better its possible but it is the hardest character to CG I can admit that.[/QUOTE]

Tested it debunked it doesn't work

SOVAman

Smash Hero
You have to buffer your dash better its possible but it is the hardest character to CG I can admit that.
Tested it debunked it doesn't work[/QUOTE]

It works believe me if I can do it obviously it is possible

Also if you can't CG D3 you will never be able to CG wolf cause its a little harder

Its like Falco's but 10 times harder.

You know what makes me happy. Cging MK, bthrowing him, running behind him and when he tries to attack, pivot grabbing him and doing it again, then fthrow him, chuck an egg or 2, and pivot grab him when he gets back. I almost feel bad for the MK, almost.

Can somebody copy paste my wario easy infinate thing(i shouldnt call it mine, its pretty obvious).
I love doing that and I will add your Wario infinite tip too.

But the shield grab is not perfect for the infinite you still need a little timing.

Also I kinda already knew that so I think its known.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I just played a sheik and I CG'd her a few times. Her jump is not very high, so I think I got lucky. But I did the CG to run off stage Fair on her and it worked. So maybe test it on her.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I just played a sheik and I CG'd her a few times. Her jump is not very high, so I think I got lucky. But I did the CG to run off stage Fair on her and it worked. So maybe test it on her.
Shiek gets out easily it was just the opponent that sucked at getting out.

But the Fair off the edge works though.

Edit: I will re-test later anyways.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I tested some more Grab Release stuff, and Figured out that DK, Ice Climbers, Ness, and Lucas can be Usmashed on Release. Also, Jigglypuff and Ness can be Uair'ed out of release.

I tested some other characters, and I'm hoping that someone can test offline for Diddy, ZSS, Pit, Charizard, and Sonic for Release Usmashes. Olimar and Ivysaur could be Uaired on release too, so they need testing also.

I'll get the Kill %'s for the confirmed ones soon

Top Bottom