• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Yoshi CG List ""FRAME DATA INFO CHANGED A FEW THINGS"" (Updated on 9/29/09)

Gindler

Smash Champion
One question...do you have to pivot to "infinite" wario? because I usually just do the standing grab and seems easy as pie, then again when i did that it was the wario's first time fighting a good yoshi so might not have known how to get out.

Oh and on snake I'm usually able to chain 3 Fthrows together at low percents...like starting at 0 low, just incase that amounts for anything.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I will look in to the snake thing

And also you don't have to pivot to do the infinite on Wario I found that out too.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
lol this is kind of stupid but you say red when its orange and dark red when its red ahah

TKD

Smash Lord
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to trust that the chaingrab to spike on MK has been proven to work even with MK trying to upB or airdodge.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Lib, what the hell? I said no when you asked me if you could upload my information on the Release Fair here.

I never liked this thread from the start. You only made this thread because I was away from the original Chaingrab List I've put up, and couldn't update it when you figured out that Yoshi could CG Falcon too. I'm alittle ticked off because all the information here was uploaded from me, yet you get all the credit.

And no, he can't UpB out of it

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I gave you the credit it says founded by Mmac but I will take it off I just forgot because I put it up and then asked you and then I forgot sorry. Chill

Edit: also the only one you found was MK then I sat down and tried the CG on all the Characters and found out almost everyone on this list and who cares who has the credit just because I posted a thread doesn't mean I have credit so you need to calm down I took off the other thing cuz "you need credit" I was trying to be nice and post it here so its stickied and I said it was founded by "Mmac" but I guess not."

Edit2: my name is lil b or lilb not lib

And thx TKD

Mmac

Smash Lord
I gave you the credit it says founded by Mmac but I will take it off I just forgot because I put it up and then asked you and then I forgot sorry. Chill
You don't have to take it down, I'm just mad.... Thats all....

Edit: also the only one you found was MK then I sat down and tried the CG on all the Characters and found out almost everyone on this list and who cares who has the credit just because I posted a thread doesn't mean I have credit so you need to calm down I took off the other thing cuz "you need credit" I was trying to be nice and post it here so its stickied and I said it was founded by "Mmac" but I guess not."
Ah.... no. First List I had I figured out that Diddy, Bowser, Falco (Later proved false), MetaKnight, Lucas, Squirtle, and Sonic. Whatever, I'm just mad...

Also it was 3am.... and I had about four shots of Smirnoff.... and was watching the Olympics

Edit2: my name is lil b or lilb not lib
Hey, I didn't see that 2nd "L". Sorry >_>

Mmac

Smash Lord
Well back to plain old Regular Chaingrabbing, I discovered that you MIGHT be able to Chaingrab Snake, but it's sort of the same deal with Dedede in the sense that you can only do it offline because it requires perfect reflexes.

I need someone to test this offline to see if he really can. You should also double check Dedede too.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
Just tested it offline. It works. Someone else test it so we can be sure.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Testing Sheik and Wolf, they just recover too fast, and it's nearly impossibe to.

Falco I tested with a Level 9, and I can always grab him in time before he can Spotdodge it.

So Falco, Dedede, and Snake should be the Offline Only ones

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I tested it offline and it works on Wolf (his is like falco but its harder to do) Snake works its super hard like D3 and Falco works and Shiek does not work

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wolf works? Hmmmm... Maybe I wasn't trying hard enough. You did try Jumping right? Because thats what I did

I think all 4 should be in the Red. And Red should be "Offline Only".

It doesn't matter if you can grab them if they spotdodge, You can only truly grab them offline

SOVAman

Smash Hero
The people I tested it with did not get out by jumping they jump but they don't get off the ground fast enough because the second they have time to jump they are already getting grabbed.

I will add under tips/specifics that those 4 work better offline and that it might be impossible online.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
kewl, I kind of discovered a chain grab =P

And didn't expect Wolf to be CGable.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I honestly think he can CG the whole cast, but we haven't discovered the methods yet...

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm thinking most of the cast still though...with except ion of one or two...hopefully.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
mmac, didn't you say somewhere that you can get metaknight out a grab to a down B?
moar info plz? the closest i can get in a low % dthrow to down B, and i think its escapable...

Chaco

Never Logs In
No, Dthrow to grounded Yoshi Bomb, is easily escaped, especially since your throws range considers on the damage, and plus they can easily DI out.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
yeah that what i thought but in the matchup thread he said something about a down B from a grab release on metaknight

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yes, when you release MK step forward and catch him with a grounded Yoshi Bomb...that is inescapable.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Try that and check back with me, just to be sure. =D And your welcome.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
i can't get on brawl now.
i'll try tomorrow morning (im not sure how good my sister's DI is though...should i use my foot?)

Top Bottom