• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OH SNAP 6: Smashing Mad! (MLK Day Weekend!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Just let me know either here in a PM so I can have an estimate of N64s. You'll be playing Brawl or Melee also? If you only wanted to play 64 you wouldn't need to be here until sunday morning around 9-10.
kk. I will enter melee, just mentioned 64 cuz I was like: wtf ppl besides me still play that game??

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
...showing interest

also, good **** on the thread music

edit: didn't wanna repost but i can also bring N64 plus 4 controllers.
:) waived venue fee?

and what is ladder&duelist?
Bring a good TV with it and your good for a full setup = waived venue fee. Good sized lag-free TVs are the main thing we need.

Ladder and Duelist are brawl mini games on custom levels. One is just a ladder, one is just snakes falling and saving themselves/attacking others mid air (with down b/up b)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
this looks awesome!

I like how 64 is happening too
!!!
hope to see MO there

also yay for non-dallas TX interest. the last time texans from outside of dallas (not including JF) came must have been 2006...? so...that's wack. but it's good to see southwest melee with travel plans <3

i'll bring my 64 for this, forest.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Hey, I agree!

Stinks you're now a east coaster...are you playing all the pros and learning lots?
haha XD check out my youtube channel (clicky siggy). unfortunately i only recorded 1 set at the last tourney i went to of myself (me losing and getting 4th place at a 50 person tourney :\), but friendlies with cort are like a hyperbolic time chamber. he tells you everything you're doing wrong and the mentality behind doing it as long with how to suppress the bad habit and instead do work :D

are we going to see your ganon here in january? :o if not i am forming an expedition squad to attend an arkansas smashfest when i'm home this winter.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
haha XD check out my youtube channel (clicky siggy). unfortunately i only recorded 1 set at the last tourney i went to of myself (me losing and getting 4th place at a 50 person tourney :\), but friendlies with cort are like a hyperbolic time chamber. he tells you everything you're doing wrong and the mentality behind doing it as long with how to suppress the bad habit and instead do work :D

are we going to see your ganon here in january? :o if not i am forming an expedition squad to attend an arkansas smashfest when i'm home this winter.
Sadly, nursing school schedule (and my own due to going to church every Sunday) is not very giving. I basically haven't been able to travel since the last tourney in Oklahoma. But man, I bet you're beast now. I need to check out your vids sometime for real. My ganon don't want none of that lol

BUT, if you wanna come down to smash, dude I'll get something together. We still play here occasionally, and the other guys here are better than me anyway. You'd love it!

edit* Posted on your youtube "wall" and linked you to my combo video. Friend me bro!

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Pretty excited for this!

And Hazy I'm jealous of your Cort practice, we need some HazyFoo team friendlies again or something

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Pretty excited for this!

And Hazy I'm jealous of your Cort practice, we need some HazyFoo team friendlies again or something
We need more Peach vs Ganon friendlies.

Also, D'Oh I wanna play you again. It was mad fun playing my first legit Peach main.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Alejandro, you know I got you bro. Remember what happened last time we combined forces... WE CLEARED THE ROOM, SEVERAL TIMES. Who knew we would make such a potent combination?
"My name is Hazy Goose and I like to beast in teams."
Hey, I agree!
we need some HazyFoo team friendlies again or something
the rest of the world needs to know how good i am at 2v2

Pretty excited for this!
:D I'M excited! cause i get to see you guys again!

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Going to have to change the room because there is a wedding upstairs....Itll still be in the union in the Will Rogers Room (big dining room on the north side of the union by the juke boxes.) This is just underneath the old oh snap location

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
It should be big! Worth a drive my friends! Of course anyone travelling from CO would have some priority for housing down here, Panilium and myself will be cooking breakfast for anyone in our hizzy. (Hylian and Radium were wonderful hosts and I hope to take after them for anyone making a trek)

I go to concerts up there in Denver every once and a while (DJ Shadow, HOLLA)...its not so long a trip. I've never been to CO overnight for smash, I bet it would be a fun trip but probably not in the winter as I don't deal with the cold well!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Lordgaga! "...yesterday I went to church and made out with a nun."

lol dude that's a hilarious vid...at least I believe that's where you got your name from right?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I'm down to go, This is RPGfan, my original account was super banned, look me up on my wiki page,

we're from New Mexico.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Smasher:RPGfan
Cool dude. How many you plan on bringing with? Any setups I should throw in the equip list?
I haven't been to New Mexico in years! I've been hoping to meet some NM scene people, but in all my trips to texas I never found any. Look forward to it! I've seen Mega Sonic Bros before, I've always wanted to do some sprite series.

LordGaga

Smash Rookie
Do your duty-O and get your friends in Broken Arrow and Tulsa to Oh Snap 6 dude.
There I invited some. Fro and Foxy said yes so here's to hoping they bring a crew from Tulsa.

Is it sad that all I'm focused on is brawl minus?
But I'm spending all my gaming time playing street fighter...hmmm

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Nah. Brawl Minus seems pretty popular. It might help your Brawl game out, it did mine i think. Then again I didn't have a brawl game before...hope to see Fro and Foxy there then.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
I'm interested :D

I'm from Colorado

I play fox/marth/falcon/ um..some other but nothing to great.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
@G Vice yes we definitely need more Peach v. Ganon, I remember your playstyle was super smooth and I'm interested to see how I stack up against you now. And is Arby your crewmate? I want to play him again as well, I still feel bad about the miscommunication at Intimikill 2 that allowed me to take him to Mute City as Peach...

G. Vice

Smash Lord
@G Vice yes we definitely need more Peach v. Ganon, I remember your playstyle was super smooth and I'm interested to see how I stack up against you now. And is Arby your crewmate? I want to play him again as well, I still feel bad about the miscommunication at Intimikill 2 that allowed me to take him to Mute City as Peach...
He is indeed my crew mate. I didn't even get to see it, I didn't know what went down since I had to leave before the tourney. But yeah man, hopefully I will get to show, and I'll be sure to play you! Did we play in pools or just friendlies?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Yeah we played in pools, as well as first round in the teams bracket

Dnyce

Smash Master
The only reason I would try to make it out for this is the smash64 tournament.... buuut I can tell you guys have never done one before (cause you can't set a timer on stock matches, you have Sector Z legal, etc). Who should I talk to about the rule-set?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
The only reason I would try to make it out for this is the smash64 tournament.... buuut I can tell you guys have never done one before (cause you can't set a timer on stock matches, you have Sector Z legal, etc). Who should I talk to about the rule-set?
I assume your the same commenter that posted on the facebook group. What ruleset do you recommend? also can you explain the hyrule first match rule? I know you can't set timer on stock matches though idk how that got there, copy pasting rules from Melee lol.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested :D

I'm from Colorado

I play fox/marth/falcon/ um..some other but nothing to great.
Cool, love to see CO represent. Haven't played many people west of TX. All scary characters to fight with my sexy little peach, hope I can look forward too it.

A ton of ppl from TX and other places on the facebook event. Wish there were some integration, but I suppose we can expect 20ish from TX at the moment.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I assume your the same commenter that posted on the facebook group. What ruleset do you recommend? also can you explain the hyrule first match rule? I know you can't set timer on stock matches though idk how that got there, copy pasting rules from Melee lol.
The one Tom posted on the FB group was what was used at apex

5 Stock, Double Elimination, No Items

Best of 3, WF/LF/GF Best of 5, LS Best of 5 if pay out is top 3
Extreme Stalling will result in a Warning and then a Disqualification

* Best of 3 Stage Rules (unless agreed upon)
* First game must be on Hyrule
* Counterpicks: Hyrule, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Peach's Castle

* Best of 5 Stage Rules (unless agreed upon)
* SSB DSR: You can't counterpick with a stage you have already won on (does not apply to the win from the first game)

Some rulesets include dreamland as a starter and saffron city as a CP. DSR still only applies to CP stages, allowing people to pick the starters again. Some rulesets do random stage select for the first stage with a clause stating ness mains can do a random-reset if random stage select picks saffron city.

This is just from my exp though ^^;

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman

The one Tom posted on the FB group was what was used at apex

5 Stock, Double Elimination, No Items

Best of 3, WF/LF/GF Best of 5, LS Best of 5 if pay out is top 3
Extreme Stalling will result in a Warning and then a Disqualification

* Best of 3 Stage Rules (unless agreed upon)

* Best of 5 Stage Rules (unless agreed upon)
* SSB DSR: You can't counterpick with a stage you have already won on (does not apply to the win from the first game)

Some rulesets include dreamland as a starter and saffron city as a CP. DSR still only applies to CP stages, allowing people to pick the starters again. Some rulesets do random stage select for the first stage with a clause stating ness mains can do a random-reset if random stage select picks saffron city.

This is just from my exp though ^^;
This seems like an okay ruleset, I wouldn't mind adopting it if no one has any reasonable cobjections. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom