• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OH SNAP 6: Smashing Mad! (MLK Day Weekend!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Gah. I absolutely love all the FF6 avatars floating around here. Did you guys coordinate it??

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Gah. I absolutely love all the FF6 avatars floating around here. Did you guys coordinate it??
No its all total coincidence! We all just independently decided to sport 16 bit avatars when our tournament spontaneously featured Kefka, a final fantasy font, and a reference to the boss theme from final fantasy 6

^_^

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I want to play G. Vice again. Now that I actually play this game again, hopefully I'll give him a more epic match this time around :D.

EDIT: Tee ay eye! No johns! South Paw would want you to come! I wanna play you anyway.:)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
No its all total coincidence! We all just independently decided to sport 16 bit avatars when our tournament spontaneously featured Kefka, a final fantasy font, and a reference to the boss theme from final fantasy 6

^_^
For that, I'll have to three stock you :)

or die trying lol.

Kosmos! Dude, yeah I would loveee to play you again too. Scary that you were that good and still haven't touch melee in forever last time.

If ARC shows I wanna play him too! <3 that guy.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Brawl Ruleset: Have matches that go to time be done by Stock and then %. So far, I only see Stock as the determining factor, with stock ties going to Sudden Death.

64 Ruleset: Are you doing stage striking for 64? If you are doing random, include a clause for Ness players allowing them to reset stage choice if Saffron comes up.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Ruleset: Have matches that go to time be done by Stock and then %. So far, I only see Stock as the determining factor, with stock ties going to Sudden Death.

64 Ruleset: Are you doing stage striking for 64? If you are doing random, include a clause for Ness players allowing them to reset stage choice if Saffron comes up.
Thanks DMG. We went ahead and agreed to fix the Smash64 ruleset and the Brawl timeout rules a couple of pages back and facebook. Both of these have been fixed I just need to edit the thread which I'm doing now.

Hope to see you there!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
DMG is coming to this tournament? I gotta get my revenge on you for beating me at Winners' Finals in that one tournament in OK... Also I need to see how bad your SDI is, since you're up here touting about saying that your SDI is worse than mine.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Last Oh Snap had Sani, Jerm, and Hyro. Hopefully we can get 4 TLs at this one.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Can someone give me a way to get a hold of Type_Ex. I cant find his profile for the life of me and i need housing for 3-4 people

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
A few people have housing established. Anyone else that needs it should really make a point to message
Me (10 ish spots)
the_irish_dude (1 car)
triforce of chozo (1 car)

We have more housing than this the people aren't on the boards...let us know asap if you need housing so we can inform them.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I'm with Dakpo's group, so it might add one more person to his 3 or 4 group.

Are there any brawl Yoshi's going to this?

Oh and is smash bros on the 64 or vc?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I'm with Dakpo's group, so it might add one more person to his 3 or 4 group.

Are there any brawl Yoshi's going to this?

Oh and is smash bros on the 64 or vc?
Smash 64 will be on N64 provided enough people bring setups (with all the characters and legal stages unlocked mind you) and enough working Nintendo 64 controllers show up. i know they can be increasingly difficult to find these days. If we have enough N64s there the N64s take priority. If the N64s don't show, then itll be on our Wii's VC.

You will have to talk to typ_ex about housing, but I think he has an entire carfull of spots left in addition to Dakpo so probably shouldn't be a problem.

As for brawl yoshis...well Brawl Minus yoshis at least there might be a couple in there.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
so far i have for housing

tulsa: 3-6 people
dakota's group: 3-4 people

can house more people comfortably. have one rule. i like sleeping so no playing all night.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey, can you get Kansas as well? I think at least one car load is coming to this. Probably two, I don't know.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
if dom/steven come. i owe them a better treatment then everybdoy else.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I really want some Peach dittos with KOS-MOS, I didn't get any last time :(:(:(:(

Labernash

Smash Lord
You might get a Texas Wario and Toon Link for this! I wish DMG would go. I wan Wario match.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Every time i play someone from Kansas from now on I'm wearing the tag FK
:)

Edit: Also I am for sure going to this, along with probably 3 other people

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yo, brandon. assuming brett is going to this we're gonna have to reunion team. if he doesn't go or if he's teaming with someone else...you and me. po pimpus is a beast if he gets the right teammate. stage awareness of peter parker. people should keep that in mind for both games.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Hell yeah, I'm always surprised when he recovers with luigi in the most outstanding ways, whether he is sweetspotting the ledge or coming in for one of luigi's **** aeriels. Dair to star-KO? I n ever see that one coming.

jacob91

Smash Cadet
Moore, Oklahoma here. I've got my cousin and I itching to go to another tourney. I can provide a full setup, including a TV and a wii system with Melee and Brawl.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I can possibly provide an N64 with SSB64. I don't know if that game works anymore, since I basically played it to death before getting SSBM.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
WE LOVE PO!
Aww, you guys... I ain't all that special or nothin' *Luigi kick taunt*
Yeah, Alex you and Brett need to team for old times' sake. Well, if anyone needs a bad-*** partner that will draw fire and keep you alive, holla at your boi.

I have a long and storied history of taking my teams partners to AT LEAST Top 5 finishes several times, and to this day, the only time KOS-MOS has won a teams event, I was his partner... Keep that in mind ;)

Jace08

Smash Lord
me and dmac are gonna try to get darkrain to go to this, since it's MLK weekend I bet he won't be busy

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Speaking of teams...I may need a teammate for this
(unless a certain Steven M. or Alan W. is coming??)

I play Peach and downsmash a lot. I am automatically a good teammate

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
HondaFoo & SolidusSpriggan said:
I play Peach and downsmash a lot.
Washing machine party! I have a divine marth teammate or I'd totally double peach which would just be annoying.

Someone should team with HondaFoo though he's got a quality downsmash fo sho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom