• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh, The Insanity! Alexandra Roivas for Smash 4! - Under New Ownership!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I'm confused. Is she or is she not owned by Nintendo?
Everything in Eternal Darkness is Nintendo owned - the title, the characters, the mechanics, the music etc. They also helped develop the game alongside Silicon Knights, with Miyamoto as a producer. Nintendo renewed the copyright for the game as recently as December 2012 for the fifth time, which could mean they are still interested in doing something with the franchise (which could include giving it representation in SSB4, as unlikely as it is).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
To be fair, every franchise gets renewed because why not. Even Mach Rider but the last game is... what? 30 years old? The renewing of a copyright doesn't mean they're doing something?

With Shadow Of The Eternals possibly coming next year, I really don't know what's happening with Eternal Darkness. Better not think about it...

D

Deleted member

It's rather strange then that Brawl has literally no content from the game whatsoever...
It was released in Japan, so it shouldn't have had the same problem as Geist.
(Then again, as I found out through looking through Stickers, Of Myths and Monsters has a Sticker, despite not being released in Japan at that time...strange.)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
They seriously could have used some ED music on Luigi's Mansion back in Brawl. Maybe they could add ED music in SSB4 if they make a stage based on Luigi's Mansion 2. (plus an Alex sticker and trophy would be nice)

D

Deleted member

ED and Geist music for Luigi's Mansion would have been good.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
ED and Geist music for Luigi's Mansion would have been good.
Indeed, this magnificent track that plays during Maximillian's chapter in particular:

I guess the problem with Eternal Darkness in Smash Bros is its identity - despite being owned, publish and partly developed by Nintendo it doesn't have the identity of a 'Nintendo' game. The reason for that is probably because it's so different to nearly everything else in Nintendo's library due to being one of their very few 'M' games, and because it's seen more so as Silicon Knight's game - a now third party company.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Indeed, this magnificent track that plays during Maximillian's chapter in particular:

I guess the problem with Eternal Darkness in Smash Bros is its identity - despite being owned, publish and partly developed by Nintendo it doesn't have the identity of a 'Nintendo' game. The reason for that is probably because it's so different to nearly everything else in Nintendo's library due to being one of their very few 'M' games, and because it's seen more so as Silicon Knight's game - a now third party company.
But at the same time it is a crime to not represent it in some way. Seeing as it's Nintendo's most successful mature game. It would be great if we could get music and at least one trophy of Alex.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to be obviously biased here, but I'd rather see some Geist representation first.
I'm hoping Nintendo revives the series.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be obviously biased here, but I'd rather see some Geist representation first.
I'm hoping Nintendo revives the series.
There's no reason why we shouldn't have both. In my book they're both brilliant, original games that deserve representation.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I loved Geist as well, but ED was absolutely amazing and deserves representation as Nintendo's first real foray into occult thriller games (as a 2nd party title, of course).

Alex would be an amazing addition to the cast and it saddens me that she's still this obscure.

She could summon an ancient for her final smash. :D

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I loved Geist as well, but ED was absolutely amazing and deserves representation as Nintendo's first real foray into occult thriller games (as a 2nd party title, of course).

Alex would be an amazing addition to the cast and it saddens me that she's still this obscure.

She could summon an ancient for her final smash. :D
It's actually first party. lol

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It's actually first party. lol
Eternal Darkness was developed by Silicon Knights, an external dev who was (at the time) owned by Nintendo, usually referred to as a 2nd party.

It's only "1st party" if it was developed by one of Nintendo's internal dev groups.

Rare and Retro were also considered 2nd parties.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Eternal Darkness was developed by Silicon Knights, an external dev who was (at the time) owned by Nintendo, usually referred to as a 2nd party.

It's only "1st party" if it was developed by one of Nintendo's internal dev groups.

Rare and Retro were also considered 2nd parties.
Considering Nintendo has full control over the IP i would say it's first party.

Retro Studios is first party also btw. Nintendo owns them.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Considering Nintendo has full control over the IP i would say it's first party.

Retro Studios is first party also btw. Nintendo owns them.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/321...t-second-third-party-developers-for-nintendo/

At the time it was developed, it was very much a 2nd party title because it was made specifically for the GC by SK. For OUR purposes, I wouldn't consider it 1st party because there's no way in hell Nintendo has as much love for ED and Alex as, say, one of their own, internally-developed franchises.

I WISH they considered Alex as near and dear to their hearts, but I highly doubt we'd see her included in the roster.

You're right about Retro, though, but I haven't paid much attention to anything Nintendo did for a long time so I never saw the announcement of the buyout.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It's sad that so many people missed out on Eternal Darkness. :(

If there's ever a franchise that deserves another chance, it's ED.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well not really since Nitnendo has renewed the trademark multiple times in the past. However, her game might be one of the first GCN Virtual Console games.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ugh, sad this thread hasn't gotten more support. If the thread owner no longer wants it, i'd like to take over. I have a pretty full moveset in mind, as well as lots of other things.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd like to see some content from the game. I never played it but I remember it being released.

I can't see a playable role or stage but everything else is possible.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Alexandra Roivas? In my Smash Bros? It's more likely than you think.

She could have some really interesting moves with the runes, sanity system and ancient ones (I need to read the thread).

And I didn't knew she was owned by Nintendo. Guess I have to change my signature again!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alexandra Roivas? In my Smash Bros? It's more likely than you think.

She could have some really interesting moves with the runes, sanity system and ancient ones (I need to read the thread).

And I didn't knew she was owned by Nintendo. Guess I have to change my signature again!
Good to hear! Should I add you as a supporter?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
From what I read, the moveset ideas are good.
I'm probably gonna be hated for that, but I like the summoning idea for Alexandra (something I don't like for Zelda and the Phantom from Spirit Tracks, but let's not get off-topic). The damage field can give a zoning option, and there's a lot of things to exploit.

She also have to read the Eternal Darkness as a taunt/victory. She must do it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
From what I read, the moveset ideas are good.
I'm probably gonna be hated for that, but I like the summoning idea for Alexandra (something I don't like for Zelda and the Phantom from Spirit Tracks, but let's not get off-topic). The damage field can give a zoning option, and there's a lot of things to exploit.

She also have to read the Eternal Darkness as a taunt/victory. She must do it.
I was gonna add that one to the OP, as well as come up with a custom one. You're welcome to help me design a custom one, if you'd like.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I have no new ideas than the one said on this thread.

Every spells can be good. "Enchant Item" can be good to have a power up effect, Damage Field can become a good Area of Effect to either raise up the percentage or create a wall, and she can summon trappers, zombies and horrors (horrors should be really difficult to summon, considering the time to cast the spell), who can have different uses (trappers for teleportation as mentionned somewhere, Zombie for zoning as they should be stationnary, and Horror for massive damage, but they should not be tough, for balance purpose)

There is also the alignment of the spell that can become something interesting, although the spells I mentionned doesn't really have differences with the alignments. There's also the problem of the recovery, although something can be done, I'm sure.

Also, about sanity effects, it can be fun for Alex to inflicts effects to opponents, but I think insanity effects could be something for a Eternal Darkness stage. Like false plateforms, or reversed gravity for example.

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice
Well, I have no new ideas than the one said on this thread.
Me either :( but at least I found some ideas:
http://evilwaluigi.deviantart.com/art/NEWCOMER-Alex-Roivas-268553941

SPECIAL MOVES==============================

B – ENCHANT ITEM –
Alex chants as runes appear around her: "Mantorok, Antorbok, Magormor" purple lightning courses up her body enchanting any Item she is holding along with her gladius making it 2x as strong as it was before- items enchanted crackle with purple energy, and will stop when the spell has dissipated. holding 'B' while Alex chants will cause her to add more runes to the spell: "Pargon,Pargon,Pargon,Pargon" causing the spell to last longer.note that if Alex is hit while casting the spell will fail.
DMG: N/A (2x DMG from enchanted Items and gladius)
Side B – MAGICKAL ATTACK – Alex chants as runes appear around her: "Chattur'gha, Antorbok, Redgormor" red lightning connects the runes and then fires at opponents. holding 'B' while Alex chants will cause her to add more runes to the spell: "Pargon,Pargon,Pargon,Pargon" causing the spell to travel further and deal more DMG note that if Alex is hit while casting the spell will fail.
DMG: 10% (20%(2 pargons),30%(4 pargons))
Down B - DAMAGE FIELD - Alex chants as runes appear around her: "Ulyaoth, Bankorok, Redgormor" transparent blue walls rise above the runes creating a force field around Alex which deals DMG to anyone who gets close with a quick zap of lightning- this attack has no knockback but can attack in rapid succession- opponents may not pass though the wall however projectiles and items can. the walls will eventually fall and the spell ended. holding 'B' while Alex chants will cause her to add more runes to the spell: "Pargon,Pargon,Pargon,Pargon"causing the field to stay up longer and attack faster note that if Alex is hit while casting the spell will fail.
DMG: 6% (per zap)
Up B - SHIELD - Alex chants as runes appear around her: "Xel'lotath, Bankorok, Santak" 3 glowing green orbs of light swirl around Alex protecting her from harm up to 10%. if an attack deals 20% DMG she will loose 2 orbs ect. Unfortunately for Alex this spell will not grant her a "Recover Jump". Knock back still applies to Alex as if she were successfully attacked at her current DMG%. holding 'B' while Alex chants will cause her to add more runes to the spell: "Pargon,Pargon,Pargon,Pargon" This will add 1 more orbs for every Pargon rune added to the spell for a total shield against 70% DMG note that if Alex is hit while casting the spell will fail.
DMG: 0%
Final Smash – SUMMON HORROR - Alex unleashes her most powerful spell yet: "Chattur'gha, Ulyaoth, Xel'lotath, Tier, Aretak, Pargon, Bankorok, Redgormor, Pargon!" using a 9 point circle of power Alex summons 3 Horrors to the stage each aligned to the three ancients they are truly a fearful sight! Alex will be encased in a Damage field and become invincible even to items or projectiles. Pressing 'Down'+'B' will cause a Horror to glow briefly you can now control that Horror 'A' will cause the Horror to swipe it's massive claws at foes pressing 'B' will cause a Horror to use a maxed Magickal Attack Spell with no chanting time- the Horrors are invincible and while in control of one Horror the other two Horrors will walk about the stage seeking out opponents. try to 'jump' between the creatures to really get the other players. when the FS time is up the Horrors fall to the ground and are consumed by lightning until they vanish and Alex's Damage Field dissipates.
DMG: 12% (per zap from Damage Field) 15% (From Claw Swipes- big knock back) 30% (From Magickal Attacks)
Kirby Hat - Kirby gains a Helmet similar to the one Pious Agustus wore as well as Alex's gladius and her Enchant Item ability

TAUNTS===================================

Taunt 1 –
Alex takes out the Tome of Eternal darkness and appears to read a few lines before closing it and putting it away.
Taunt 2 – Edward Roivas appears as a ghost to Alex she reaches out for him before he vanishes and Alex looks around
Taunt 3 – Alex holds her head and shakes it as if trying to "snap herself out of it"
SNAKE'S CODEC FOR ALEX=========================
CODEC CHANNEL: 140.85

SNAKE: Colonel, there's a civilian running around with a gladius!

COLONEL: That's Alexandra Roivas Snake. She is the last surviving member of the Roivas Family. After the death of her grandfather Edward Roivas she came into the possession of The Tome of Eternal Darkness.

SNAKE: That book looks creepy.

COLONEL: The book is made of human flesh Snake. It also allows Alex the power to cast magic from it. Alex needs to concentrate to use these spells Snake, if you can get to her before she finishes-

Snake: I can interrupt the spell.

COLONEL: You got it Snake.
PSYCHOPATH ABILITY QUOTE FOR ALEX================
"You too will come to understand fear, as I have."
TROPHIES AFFILIATED WITH ALEX==================
1 – Alexanda Roivas
2 – (Final Smash)
3 – Pious Augustus (Centurion)
4 – Pious Agustus (Servant)
5 – Ellia
6 – Anthony
7 – Karim
8 – Dr. Maximillian Roivas
9 – Dr. Edward Lindsey
10 – Paul Luther
11 – Roberto Bianchi
12 – Peter Jacob
13 – Edward Roivas
14 – Michael Edwards
15 – Ulyaoth
16 – Xel'lotath
17 - Chattur'gha
18 - Mantorok
19 - Essences of the Ancients
20 - The Black Guardians
21 - The Tome of Eternal Darkness
STAGE=====================================

TRAPPER DIMENSION

The Trapper Dimension exists outside of time and space and is made up of five floating islands. each island has colored portals that change color as time goes on these portals will warp players between the five islands. being in such a place really takes it's toll on someones sanity though don't it? time spent in the trappers dimension drains your sanity- loosing your sanity I wonder what that would be like?

Sanity Effects:
- A Fatal Error Screen appears
- A fly will buzz around the screen
- Many Smash Balls appear all at once!
- players start glitching into objects
- The TV will appear to turn off
- A message appears alerting you that controller 1,2,3 or 4 is not connected
- a Player is healed to 0% DMG
- The audio will mute
- The audio will max out
- it starts raining Bob-ombs
- Stage changes to another stage
- Character's appearance change
- Game appears to freeze

- I wonder what other things your mind will make you think is happening when you loose it?

STAGE MUSIC TRACKS============================
1 - Gateway to Destiny - Eternal Darkness (NGC) -

2 - Black Rose - Eternal Darkness (NGC) -

3 - Sanity's Requiem - Eternal Darkness (NGC) -

4 - A War to End All Wars - Eternal Darkness (NGC) -

5 - The Somme - Eternal Darkness (NGC) -

6 - A Purpose - Eternal Darkness (NGC) -

7 - The Last Hope - Eternal Darkness (NGC) -

SIDE NOTES=================================

ENTRANCE -
Alex appears as a drawing on a page of paper only to have it fade away as she becomes 3d and enters her fighting stance.
Victory Music - The Darkness Comes... - Eternal Darkness (NGC) -
[link]
WII-MOTE SFX - Hushed Whispers are heard similar to those heard in this video:
[link]
COLORS=====================================
Colors:
BLACK - Roivas Black (Default)
PINK - Beta Pink (RED Team)
GREEN - Xel'lotath Green (GREEN Team)
BLUE - Ulyaoth Blue (BLUE Team)
WHITE - Karim White
YELLOW - Aged Yellow
STATS=====================================

WEIGHT:
Medium
SPEED: Above Average
JUMP: Average
==========================================

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
This moveset is great, but it actually present a problem we never really think about: the Kirby hats.

Enchant Item is a great spell, but who can the gladius go into Kirby's moveset

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, of course, Pious helmet is great.

But the problem is the attack. I mean, if Kirby have the enchant Item spell, how can that work with him as he don't have a Gladius? Improve the Side and Up-B?

Also, Kirby could have a Mantorok hat :troll:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Oh, of course, Pious helmet is great.

But the problem is the attack. I mean, if Kirby have the enchant Item spell, how can that work with him as he don't have a Gladius? Improve the Side and Up-B?

Also, Kirby could have a Mantorok hat :troll:
It enchants his hammer and cutter! :awesome:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've been watching a let's play of this on YouTube and it looks really cool. It saddens me that the IP belongs to the company that probably has the least clue how to make a horror game.

I had an idea for an assist trophy: Pious.

You see, Pious realises that you can't just start throwing sanity effects around. It takes a certain finesse to really get under a players skin. Pious takes great pleasure in manipulating each enemy on an individual basis. When summoned Pious appears disguised as a different AT (one that does damage and doesn't effect the whole stage, so no Nintendog), he carries out the attack animation of the AT however there are certain rules at play:

- If a player is "hit" they receive suitable knock back but no damage (there is no effect on their interface). This is an early red alert to the player that Pious is in play. This doesn't make them immune, but they know whatever happens is fake.
- Any other player will see the damage % of the hit player go up on their interface, but it will not be real. Unless they are hit themselves by the disguised AT, they will remain uninformed for the duration of the sanity attack.

This ultimately has the effect that those hit by the AT benefit over those that "skillfully" dodge it. Although anyone paying attention will twig it eventually.

Various effects now occur to each player individually. (Everyone's interface will look different)

~Negative enemy player effects~
- Attacking an enemy appears to do increased OR decreased % damage, but this is fake. Regular damage is being done.
- Attacks towards the player appears to do increased OR decreased % damage, but this is fake. Regular damage is being done.
- Player health % visually changes to another random number and further actions will seem to add to or take from that %, however the actual % never changes.
- Players may appear to respawn at random % (not 0%), but this is fake.
- Players may visually appear to be inflicted with a status (burn, poison, plant leech etc) and health % reacts accordingly, however the actual % is unaffected.
- Fake items may spawn on stage, they can be picked up and used but will not do any damage or knock back. (I.e throwing a bomb that explodes but does nothing to the player you threw it at.) Enemy players will only see the player doing the throw/pick up animations but not the items or they're visual effects.
- This also applies to final smashes, have fun when everyone just ignores your game changer.
- In timed battles, the clock may appear to tick faster or slower than usual. This is an illusion.
- The stock number of KOd enemies may not go down, it may even go up. This is an illusion.
- "GAME" along with announcer voice might occur to a player when Pious starts his sanity attack, the player is brought to the result screen where they are declared the winner, right after they are returned to the battle. To other players they appear frozen in place (even in the air) and can be attacked but are immune to knock back.

The summoner can see the 100% real interface for the duration of the sanity attack.

Right before the AT finishes, Pious appears and laughs in a sinister fashion. The number 1 aspect of Pious is that he never hurts anyone physically, he just messes with your judgement so you screw yourself over.

It might be cruel but I didn't hold back, you are supposed to be going insane after all.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I've been watching a let's play of this on YouTube and it looks really cool. It saddens me that the IP belongs to the company that probably has the least clue how to make a horror game.
Yeah, an ED sequel would pretty much force me to pick up a WiiU.

Wasn't there some mention a while back (during Brawl's development) that David Hayter implored Sakurai to add Alex Roivas and Sakurai ignored him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom