• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Power Ranking/State Monthlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
eh, i'll use sheik anyway, even though ICs have a huge advantage. just because, kind of like gravity, i've given up secondaries(except yoshi...but...it's yoshi.)

this post marks about 5 minutes before power ranking is up on the first post.

edit: rankings are up

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
the list isn't awesome.
it isn't terrible.
it is what it is, i guess.
or maybe i'm using a post-modern mindset.

anyway, i like how vega went from 14th to 2nd :p
a couple of people i was rooting for didn't end up as high as i thought they should have :ohwell:

as for myself, i guess i really need to improve my game if i'm only better than the 15-year-olds...

edit: also, Po was made a permanent member of the power ranking panel. the others will be up for cycle when it comes, after OHSNAP2

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I suck...

:laugh:

Well, there you have it kids. There's the first, true, and complete list. Even though I may disagree with some of the placings(e.g. Alex, Marc, Andy, and Heath should be higher, I should be lower :( ), I believe the list to be almost perfect. However, such is the case with these things.

I'm glad that you believe me to be worthy of a permanent place on the panel, Alex. I promise all of you that I will strive to make this list acceptable to as many people as I can. Also, take this list with a grain of salt; just because someone is of a higher/lower ranking, do not get discouraged. If you feel your placing is inaccurate, you can do something about it... GET BETTER.

That means coming to Smashfests/Tournaments, or whatever and playing to your utmost best. Prove that you deserve to be there. Also, don't get too comfortable just because you placed high *looks at Chris* :laugh: because now people are going to be gunning for you. You better remain ever vigilant; the second you drop your guard, someone's gonna knock you off that pedestal and claim your spot.

Okay, I'm done ranting. Now I'm going to go back to the dojo and get better. I'll be ****ed if I stay at #12... *Goes to the Room of Spirit and Time to train...*

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
hahaha. good reference, babac. :p

and, po, you're probably the most experienced smashers here, and by far one of the most intellegent, rhetorical, responsible, and understandable person on here. so naturally, you would be a great candidate for the power rankings every single time :p :)

the other thing is...

1) some people should be giving us panelists some +rep for doing this...and those people should be oklahomans reading this!
2)more on what po said, even if someone is above or below you does not necessarily mean they are better than you, either. it just means that you have not proven your skills to the average eyes. be patient, and whoop ***, and if you are steadfast in your talent, it will be recognized.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I have 1 question: why is Derrick above Heathq?
Your questioning has insulted the decision of the elders, I spit at your feet! Patooweee!

j/k JF man :laugh:

Paemon: Yeah man, just play your best next tourny. I'm sure the panelist will reconsider your ranking once they see you perform much better than before. I feel like it's only a matter of time once Shade dethrones me, he's too good.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
JF: derrick is one of the best in the state. if you watched the crew vid and are basing judgement on that, derrick was really nervous and messed up big time.
but derrick is a great player, very technically skilled marth, up there with zinth's and shade's. he's got an okay sheik, too, but not near as good as his marth.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i have a feeling the ranking may change drastically after OHSNAP2...because they have in my head after the STD.
that sounds weird, but you know what i mean.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I have a feeling shade's rank is gonna go down. Man, ever since I figured out how to beat you shade, I just get excited!!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
it was funny how i almost owned pablo one match...then he totally turned it around and kicked my ***.

and, who knows how things will change from now, i'm just saying at OHSNAP2 i'm sure A LOT of people's skill will have changed a bit.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I predict that I will never rise above 5th place unless Coty goes back to Arizona, in which case I will never rise above 4th place.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I predict that I will never rise above 5th place unless Coty goes back to Arizona, in which case I will never rise above 4th place.
Well, I remember you and KOS-MOS were pretty even during the first Oklahoma tournament. I guess you could say both of you were tied for 3rd. Now he pretty much owns anyone he wants (Shade and S.Paw seem to be the only ones that can stand a chance). Just keep at it man, you're getting there.

South_Paw said:
Power rankings suck
Heh, I personally find the Oklahoma powerrankings amusing, and so far it hasn't discouraged the competition here ;) I guess with time it will be more refined, especially after OHSNAP2.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
refined meaning i will go down the power rankings, where i belong, and heath will shoot up a couple spots for randomly getting 1.5x as good.

i can't wait for OHSNAP2. being a host is so fun!

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
what about us?

Hey my name is Auddy and I was at the first OHSNAP tourney along with Akasuna no Sasori, Ric, and Poor White Trash (PWT) and we are all from Pauls Valley, Ok. Ric changed his name to Sabu and I was just seeing if u would add me and Sabu to the other Oklahoma smashers on the list. We are already signed up for the next OHSNAP tourney. Can't wait!

Gravity

Smash Ace
WHOASMFADGMADFASFASDJDK

alex, your sig is so pro

this is where i noticed it first, so yeah

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
thanx

thanx for adding us. my samus is much better than last time. at the first tournament i had just started playing melee and when we went to the tourney we pauls valley people learned a whole lot. we have trained a lot since the first one, watched videos including the oklahoma crew battle and we are ready for OHSNAP 2.

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
Well well well... Took you long enough to make a smashboards account Auddy. And don't say you didn't until now because of the fact you have dial-up. Well, now that you have an account, you need to go to the Oklahoma thread. It pretty much kicks the **** out of every other thread in the regional section, so get your *** over there. :laugh:

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
as a notion of shanx, we should redo the power ranking before OHSNAP2, to let OOSers better know the truth. so...we shall. tonight!

edit: so i picked names out of a hat. gravity and heath got out...

newest temp members are rasta and south paw. tada.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Dylan, dont make me kill you! Just geoking, if I did that I wouldn't have a doubles partner for OHSNAP2. :laugh:

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
Come now... still insulting T.L. with that joke even when he isn't around to try and make a snappy comeback. *sigh* It just isn't as funny without T.L. around to get mad when we say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom