• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Power Ranking/State Monthlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Very different floors, it sucks carrying 2 TVs because the only man in the car was me.
Im surprised they didnt kick me out, I mean, did you see the size of those guns I had *kisses muscles*.

I need a job, mainly just to play Alex back, thats like 3 days of work, then Ill quit.

Heathq

Smash Apprentice
If by some miracle I actually make it to an event, best 3 of 5 matches(ohsnap rules) with everyone in front of me in the power rankings. That way when I get put behind people who I own I can point out specific matches that prove it(and vice versa)

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
man this is gonna be high class. We didn't even have prostitutes at ohsnap2.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Work harder duh.... Its pretty simple just keep playing them dont do stupid things be smart about what you do. Dont move around and do fancy **** if you dont need to. bla bla bla same old **** really.
But I do not understand how one works harder. All of the things like practicing against CPUs and watching vids seem to be almost meaningless now. And I don't often get to play against people. And playing "smart"... unfortunately is not something that I can simply decide to do and necessarily have it happen.

You can count on seeing me at monthlies with a setup ;)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
pfft, i told you about free agency. Crews are crews, man. OHKO has been solid, and brett and i have been solid. the only other solid crew is that of rasta/kos-mos/shanx/pay$/someone else?, but they have no name.

crew battles aren't for real crews. if it was, OHKO would win, since they are the only named crew besides AEGIS (brett and i), and 5>2, especially since none of them are noobs.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah, upon further review, I think the entry fee should be a solid $5... I don't like it, but I've got to cover the cost of renting the Sooner Room, and I assure you, I am making no profit; Any extra money left over goes towards funding the next OHSNAP, monthly, or whatever other Smash event we hold.

Also, if you can't go to this, I'm going to personally kick your ***** myself, dammit. This is for the continued improvement of OK Smash. We should all aspire to play at the level that Shade, KOS-MOS, and Vegafuse do, if not higher... So c'mon lets do this thang, mang!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol, $5 is actually a pretty good price for monthlies I think. After all, it's only $5, and if it helps fund future events it's $5 put to good use.

Gravity

Smash Ace
hmm...im feeling relatively generous...so ill donate some money to the ok smash fund...

is there an official smash treasurer? i assume it would be po or alex...

anyway, i am still not confirmed im going, but tomorrow im asking my boss for feb 3rd...and in the off chance he says no, i plan to call in sick.

and when can i arrange for this donation to happen? i assume some smash would need to be played in the process of handing off money....and i have sunday off from work...

whatever...i really want to smash though, and oddly, i really want to donate.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
po: sorry i missed you on AIM, man.
yesterday i had a caffeine overdose, literally. it was kind of scary. i don't like hospitals.
so, i was gone, then i got home around 8, and slept until 1...bleh!

and yeah, i'll be treasurer. well, Po, apply online to get the room. then, you have to pay at least 7 days before it goes down. i would do it, but i don't have 65 dollars. i have -60 :(

and personally, low-tier matches should be done in friendlies. we should just concentrate on the things that will help us in tournies (singles/doubles) and the hella fun oklahoma parties (crew matches). also, i updated the first page with official crews. if i got anything wrong, tell me.

question: why aren't the edmonton and shade's family a crew yet?
it just seems logical since you guys play each other the most often. oooh well.

keroku_the_thunderwolf

Smash Apprentice
I really doubt I can go to this monthly, but I'll ask my parents anyways, since I still have enough money left over from ohsnap2. Maybe there's a good chance I can go. :)

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
maybe it would be better if we held monthlies at someone's house. I have no problem with spending 5 bucks ONCE. but i can't do it continuously.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
someone get ahold of that Forest kid. he mentioned something about a local gaming sponser. maybe we could get them to pay for **** and advertise for them, or however it works.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
haha, next ohsnap video we're all wearing gamestop t shirts or something.

speaking of t shirts, where's zinth?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Okay, I've requested the Sooner Room... Just waiting for someone to contact me to confirm.
So, now, um... Okay? I'll post again when I've got confirmation.

Oh yeah, Marc is going to shock some people, I think. He's improved greatly since OHSNAP. He's almost scary.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
sweet! i can't wait to replay marc. the first time we fought, he destoryed me. second time we fought, i destoryed him. so i'm pretty sure there was something terribly wrong about our games.

oh, and i have a new main. you guys will be surprised. :)

but yeah, first monthly at the sooner room sounds good. maybe if people can't afford it anymore, i can try to find a sponsor for march. or just try and hold it at my friend's house (he owns 2 houses, one is vacant, so i don't see why we can't have a house all to ourselves for this thing as long as he gets the OK from his folks)

edit: dammit, i have an acting tournament on the 3rd. :\
poop. uhm...if everyone is up for it, we can try and change it to sunday, the 4th, for a true 1 year anniversary thing...or i just can't make it. if i can't make it, i can still give my laptop to brett to take to the monthly with tournament director on it so someone can do brackets easily.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Screw you acting compitition!

Hehe, I can act with the best of them, especially when its online!

Brandon, youre right, marc has gotten crazy, I mean GOD ****, I wanna slap his black *** for playin peach....but I cant...he looks mean.

I need to hurry up and get a job, Im tired of people losing money, I wanna lose money too! I already owe like $100 to "Dokkoise", and I really dont feel good about the fact that I havent payed him.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
oh, and i have a new main. you guys will be surprised. :)
Oh god I hope it's Jigglypuff.

I most likely wouldn't be able to make the monthly if it were to be on a Sunday, because Sunday is the day before Monday, aka school.

And god ****, I need to come up with a t-shirt design...

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Well, bad news... (or good news if your Dokkoise) The Sooner Room is unavailable for Feb. 3. I guess we could go for the actual anniversary, but as Zinth said, I know most of you have school on Monday, so maybe we could do the following Saturday? Just let me know what everyone thinks and I'll look into a reschedule.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
the 10th or the 17th...both are cool with me.

also, anyone have any idea how much FC usually costs? i'm saving up but i don't know how much i need.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
It's going to be in the Sooner Room, a room on the first floor near the arcade. It's smaller, but also much more affordable, and should very well do for our needs.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
wow... ok, first. FC means "For Cash" its a midwestern series of tournaments that have had tremendous turn-outs, full name is MELEE FC (melee enthusiasts living an extraordinary existence, for cash), and FC3 was fifty for entry (which covered everything) and the most recent, FC6, was i believe 75 for the whole thing. which is well worth it

second... peach is gay

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
...then again i could be wrong.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
-George Carlin

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Hurry your *** up and come back OK. Ive been meaning to 4 stock you coty, so hurry up and stop making me wait.

I also wanna go to host...I just need a ride...Actually I think Ill me in Arkansas those days.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Dammit, this is pissing me off. It seems that the Sooner Room is rented out for the 10 and 17 as well, I'm going to try for the 24, and if not, it seems there won't be any tournament until March...

On an unrelated note, if anyone has plans to go to Houston for HOST, let me know. I would be interested in going and I can help pay for gas and stuff. OK must pwn Houston to begin our conquer Texas campaign!

Gravity

Smash Ace
i have plans...will the be carried out? more than likely not. however, if i can keep my grades up from now on, i assume my mother will be pretty lenient, so maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom