• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Bassem and Curtis, you owe me $14.

Kevin, you owe me $12.

Chris you owe me $10 or $20, i forget. I want to say $20, but at the same time I dont know if i paid for anything else other than gas. If not, then $10, else $20.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking since we kind have Melee and Brawl divided between Intimikill and OhSnap, that the Jan tourney should be something new, we should include Smash 64 and...

Think I'll go for
"Omni-Smash"
I'm doing this now because I'm printing fliers...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
ohsnap started out melee, so the tournament series has already been through two game. just call the january tourney ohsnap 6. the fact that it's a known series will get more attention than a new one.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
We should make the OHSNAP 6 subtitle a Final Fantasy VI pun ("Smashing Mad" or something better) and save "Omni-Smash" for OHSNAP 7.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
We should make the OHSNAP 6 subtitle a Final Fantasy VI pun ("Smashing Mad" or something better) and save "Omni-Smash" for OHSNAP 7.
hmmm
that sounds cool okay I like Smashing Mad
Def Omnismash for 7 though, and for 8, EMOSmash...by then tommy will be running things so it will work out...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Sex-Smash?

Sex is the prefix for "six," so yeah...

/horriblepun
high five for latin. ave caesar.

Yo, what was the name of those rooms in the union that you wanted to use? Or should we use Nielson 270?
the rooms brett and i used were the 3 adjacent ones on the top floor. i forgot the names, but they are only divided by those big paper divider things.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
probably a saturday. people who work usually can't get both fri/sat off all the time, and students obviously might have homework to do but are better off with a weekend schedule

also, it would be great, since we have 5 TOs (me, outlaw, forest, brett, yawara) to have a dedicated TO for each tourny. yawara can run the brawl bracket, forest 64, brett melee, i can oversee the general schedule/solve problems, and outlaw can be quality control. that's how the mages do it, and they ran the best tournies ever.

that's my input at least. we should find a time to get in a chatroom and discuss details soon.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Are you printing this in landscape format?
Also, once you get it done, and get all of the details worked out, you should head over to OKGamers to see if someone can put them up in Tulsa.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Just yell a lot and kick people off setups and get the brackets moving. The hardest part of TOing is the logistics, like getting equipment and housing sorted.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
here's a rough on the fly one

1. bassem
2. typ_Ex
3. young deezy
4. sonic storm/triforce of chozo

??

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
not active

and i forgot some

1. bassem
2. chuck nasty
3. typ_ex / afrotastic
4. young deezy
5. sonic/triforce

anybody else im sorry i haven't playe dyou in awhile or just plain forgot. its usually just me, bassem, triforce, and sonic that travel. and we only play when we travel lol.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
married, quit. its whatever lol. tulsa people told me theyd come if i ever got around to hosting my brawl minus event.

also go kart people, have a $12 race coupon. yeah.

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
I'm ready to do some chatting about the plans for oh snap 6. I don't know if I can get both Saturday and Sunday off. For sure Saturday though. I'm sure you won't actually need for Sunday since it will just be wrapping things up.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'd like to at least get the bracket of 32 or so down for Sunday. I'd hold off on declaring how long you wanna make it though just cause we don't know about attendance yet. If it's like 80-ish, then yeah, more than a day makes lots of sense. Any less than that? :/

I guess it is two games though.

Top Bottom