• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
so if Karl got 3rd and Forest got 7th, what did the rest of the rankings look like??? also does anybody wanna smash??? im free tonight my place or where ever else
Bryan got 1st and Chris got 2nd I believe.
To flesh this out a bit more:
Melee:
1. Zinth
2. KOS-MOS (aka BloodLink)*
3. DualCats
4. Gravity

*KOS-MOS actually did use Link for the entire tournament

Brawl:
1. Bassem (Bassem did win, right? I heard someone say he did)
2. Chuck Nasty
3. SonicStorm
4. Young Deezy

GGs to everyone. Karl, I look forward to playing you more with your new inspiration in the Sheik v. Marth matchup; I had to play really hard in our winner's final set! Chris, your Link is too good; I needed two grand final sets to beat it! Andy, we need to play more; our first tournament match was really close! Po, I want to play your Luigi with my other characters, since you showed me that Luigi is really the superior brother! Also, I'll give you Pokérus the next time I see you. Good job to all the Brawl players, too, since I probably wouldn't have been able to keep up with any of you. It was nice seeing and playing everyone, I look forward to more games. I hope to see more of the new faces, as well.

DualCats

Smash Ace
To the neighboring state of Oklahoma:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300480

BRING YOURSELVES TO ALBUQUERQUE. You will thoroughly enjoy yourself. 100% guarantee. And it will be a big tournament with ample opportunity to practice for the big tournaments in the later summer. Get if off work NOW. You will not regret doing so. And it will be a blast. I hope to see you all there. :)
We should do this. Especially if AZ shows up.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I'll go to any tourny as long as I get to play Link, and find different ways to get gimped...er I mean recover.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So I'm definitely gonna be back in America April 3rd, probably going back to OK on the 10th which also means I need a place to crash in 10th.

But that also means Captain Falcon's coming back to Oklahoma. HOLLA

DualCats

Smash Ace
<3 Yawara. I've been Falcon in the mean time. Did some unspeakable things to Andy's Samus two nights ago.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I made Japanese melee stop playing in the meantime. Everyone heard and ran.

Also I'm going back to Japan in like August/September lol

Meantime, look forward to stories, pictures, and souvenirs. HOLLAAA

And if there's any last minute stuff you wants, you better say. I basically just kept grabbing trinkets, and I'm going to let people grab what they want.

But I did get two things in particular, one for Bryan the other for Karl.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I ain't about to be carrying anime girl pillows through no airport terminal man lol

I did find a hat that said "Black Rebel" and a shirt that said "Real Black People" on it.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I didn't buy that shirt lol Probably should have though.

But I don't remember like how much stuff I bought cause I wasn't actually thinking of people when I bought them, so like yeah. First come first serve <_<

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Also to clear up confusion, I got Cats a cat. And I got Bryan a red omamori for the god of studying.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
sweet i get post-last dibs.
sorry you got screwed by natural disasters, yawara, glad you get to go back, though. (little does anyone know i secretly caused the earthquakes so that i could hang out with yawara within the next 2 years)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I actually think i have this superpowers like Storm does. First Katrina, and then every year i have been in oklahoma there has been awful ice storms and now tsunamis. I just need to control it.

And if I dont have mutant powers, maybe the ***ushima plant could help change that.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Dudes, we need some sort of monumental smashfest for when Yawara gets back. Brett should show up.

Also: yay cats ^__^

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Since this is thte first time i have had steady access to internet, im slowly catching up on memes.

How about that Elizabeth Black?

Dang fail, i meant rebecca black

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I actually haven't heard the song. I think its called Friday or something. People have told me it was god awful horrible.

kpeezy

Smash Cadet
I was an hour late for the start of brawl so I basically came and played friendlies. Sadly, there weren't too many people that wanted to play :( I played three or four people but everyone else was too scared I guess.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
my news:

i get home april 9th.
don't worry, i'm not failing out, but i am taking a leave for the rest of the semester so i will be home again until the fall. <3 oklahomies, i feel pretty ******** for spending $300 on redundant plane tickets basically. ouch. but it will be nice to be home...also i basically get back the same day as yawara and am going to be super duper ****ing hyped to see my friend again.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
There's an air force crew from Midwest city now. Also a north texas group thats just as close to norman as dallas, said theyd be down for meetups.

The tx crew is new the the tournament scene, the MWC crew are from around the country so they are a more experienced

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It's really hard to say you're in a relationship with someone when you aren't even talking to each other.

The last time I talked with my girlfriend was last Wednesday, the day after we had an evening together, via text message. Since then, she has been so incredibly distant that I'm getting pretty sad and upset. I figured she just wanted some space, so I just sent her messages sparingly, just three this week; never got a response. In the meantime, she's quick to respond to fb messages no problem, even through her phone.

Tonight I saw her at Couch restaurant with her friends. I'm certain we made eye contact more than once. she didn't seem to register the fact I was there.

That leaves me with two possibilities: she is either mad at me over something, in which case I have no idea what I actually did, and is ignoring me to get back at me, or she no longer has any desire to see me, and she is sending that signal by ignoring me, which is just making the situation worse.

If I am not back to talking to her by Thursday, I'm just most likely going to call the whole thing off; not really any sense to try seeing someone who won't give you the time of day.

Tl;dr: my relationship sucks ATM and I'm lamenting. Forrest, anyone, got any ideas on what I can do? I really like her but I'm not sure as to whether I should keep trying or just end it before either of us gets more hurt.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I didn't know Sylv was good. :o It'd be cool to see MWC crew show up to more things.

Incidentally, I suck at relationship advice.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Josh - in that situation seeing her with her friends at the place, if u thought u made eye contact u should just go up and say hi. thats never a bad thing. but seriously, the relationship is young so its not a bad thing if u ask questions or are worried. just go to her apartment or call her and talk. if anything set up another date. you dont have to go into detail about how worried u are just ask her what shes been up to and all that normal chit chat. by that time she will tell you if she still wants to be together or not.
just go at it.
also cats, when r u goin to the union tomorrow? i get off at 1030 and i dont really have the gas money to drive to norman and back atm... think i could hitch a ride?

Top Bottom