• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
We just have to make drugs legal before Yawara gets back.

I bet if we talked to the governor about it she would totally understand and change the law. I bet we could even get her to play Melee.

But in all seriousness, what Karl said. I still don't know how he just had/found that picture, but that's probably because I'm a scrub.

:phone:

DualCats

Smash Ace
I think we have to kill the president.

I still don't know how he just had/found that picture, but that's probably because I'm a scrub.
I've been collecting reaction images since like 2005. I'm sure it came from the bowels of 4chan.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i wish people on the boards played basketball. will your black right? lets play. ill teach you how to play melee if you teach me how to make a jump shot

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
lol i will be in norman tonight playing basketball at a saint lutherin* church off of imhoff and highway 9 round 8ish. this is what brought the idea of needing more people to play the sport.

that does sound like an excellent idea tho curtis

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Street Fighter's even richer history makes me wonder why I played melee in the first place.

Or like, why not starcraft

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Also, I am the best nintendogs player in the world.
I challenge you sir.

i wish people on the boards played basketball. will your black right? lets play. ill teach you how to play melee if you teach me how to make a jump shot
Yep yep I played Basketball before I started getting into skateboarding and **** lol sounds like a fair deal.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Shin-SHORYUKEN!!

You *******s didn't tell me that FC was back?! You know damn well that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU is going to that **** with me...

I don't care what excuses you have, what drama unfolds, I will drag you all kicking and screaming to this event.

The Pimpest has decreed it!

I was reading that thread, and I saw screennames I haven't seen in over half a decade post. Friends, foes, and revered players from all over this great country. Old shcool and new school. I want ALL of Oklahoma, past and present to experience what it was like in the ancient times.

This is the chance of a lifetime.

We're going, *****es.

And we're getting BIG!

MARIO BIG!!

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I want to go to FC. It's in a pretty respectable state unlike those tournaments in California, where we might accidentally smell marijuana and die.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU is going to that **** with me...

I was reading that thread, and I saw screennames I haven't seen in over half a decade post.
dude. drephen is going. DREPHEN. also 4% and apples, who are ballers and who are also on my ssbm-based tf2 team :D the venue is also BIGGER (mario big?) than the church they used for past FCs.

me+brandon+bryan+?
+karl? or are you going to be traveling there from AZ?

edit: omega star, dude. omega star.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I checked and OU doesn't start until the 20th, so I am free for FC as far as I know.

Maybe some of us could make the Southwest crew :o

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So this Fullbright scholarship. IT's supposed to be easy to get, and they send you to a country for you to do "research" for free, and it's an awesome resume booster.

And I've also been told that I'm a shoe-in for it.

Should I delay graduating again...?

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Idk if the Fullbright scholarship is supposed to be easy to get: it's considered one of the most prestigious award programs worldwide. Someone I know was recently awarded one, and everyone made a pretty big deal about it.. I don't know if it's necessarily incredibly difficult to get either, though. Maybe you could be a shoe-in for it -- I'm not sure what they look for, but I'm guessing whoever told you that would know more than I would.

As to whether you should delay graduating again... if I was someone who really wanted to study abroad and had a pretty good chance of getting it, and I was to graduate in the Fall, I would probably delay my graduation to do it. I suppose that the worst case is that you don't get it and then you graduate in the Spring, instead, but I don't know how much of a problem the cost of an extra semester would be for you.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, Fullbright is a mandatory one year, and i'd be 24 when I graduate--something I never even tried to imagine ever.

Also I heard the Fullbright isn't nearly as rare to get just because they're more willing to dish them out now a days.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I should be able to go to FC. Also. I ***** Zinth 4 games in a row before he got salty and sent me back to scrub tier.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Does Chris know about FC yet?

I wanna play Chris and Alex more often. Possibly today? Outlaws or my or Karls place?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Maaaaan having a family (and no job) prevents me from going anywhere :/
You should find/make a license and drag bryan and kristen from the fair and he'd over

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
FC sounds dope Brandon drag me along (just dont scuff up mah kicks) always read posts of you guys attending that series tourney.

Top Bottom