• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I am in Computer Engineering. However, I want to do this accelerated program that gets me a bachelor's in Computer Engineering in the normal four years and a master's in Computer Science in a fifth year.

I like to think of myself as pragmatic rather than unconfident.
Hey...Pragmatic won't get you laid either.

I'm just sayin'...You should probably start with believing that you can get a girl. Otherwise, you're just setting yourself up for failure.

.. Wait though, you're an engineer. Don't you guys get a trophy wife with your diploma or something?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah... Women like to flock in large numbers to Men who Build. Look at Billionaires. They build houses, Women come and fill them.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Dude brian, once you get those braces off, your teeth are going to be like super perfect and all the girlies will be like jumping on you and your going to be like hey all you girlies stop jumping on me, thats quite irritating, but then they will be like no your teeth are like super perfect so we wont and instead persist with our unceasing jumping.....true story.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bassem that was a big batch of Shameful, Dirty Lies that didn't quite make 100% sense.

I'm proud of you.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
so...some relavent news incoming

i have started working on something grand:
expect an oklahoma melee tournament at early-mid october.

i need maybe 2 people to help me besides brett, assuming he's up for it. walrus?
all other information is pretty much disclosed until i find out who wants to help me and then start solidifying my plans with them. don't want to get ahead of myself.
but melee is going to be in oklahoma again. get hyped.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357

i need maybe 2 people to help me besides brett, assuming he's up for it. walrus?
all other information is pretty much disclosed until i find out who wants to help me and then start solidifying my plans with them. don't want to get ahead of myself.
I can help sort of just tell me what I have to do.

@Bassem
You know what your talking about :laugh:

I can't wait to get my braces off and have dem pearly whites!!! :)

@Brian
Confidence is key seriously.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
@ Bryan:

Get a tan. And some cash. Being STD free is also a plus. Also buy some shirts.
But beyond that, the best way to see if you're eligible for sex is to ask yourself honestly "If I was a girl, would I want to have sex with me or even touch me?"

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman

Sounds great, i haven't played much melee lately but i could get back into practice for such a thing

Bounogun

Smash Cadet
The melee sounds awesome. Does anyone who is going to hobo have room for one more person? I don't mind brawl I would actually like to start playing it hardcore I just want to bring melee back to the smash scene and play some brawl.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I don't even think that girls want to associate with me. Unless, of course, I'm giving them homework help.
I kinda used to feel this way in the 10th grade. Then I got contacts, gained 3-5 or so inches in height, took a weightlifting class at my high school for 2 years and got some of teh muscles then my senior year I met my gf >_>.(theres a lot more to the story than this, but thats just a very basic summary xD)

Basically, if I, the short, foriegn egyptian boy could find a gf then so can you! *thumbs up*

Hang in there bro, you'll find a mate eventually :)

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Dress differently. Wear a shirt that's 1 size smaller and wear jeans that go past your ankles and that don't taper to your ankles. Not bell bottoms....just something a little more flattering. Also...You'd look better with shorter hair.

And obviously, the homework is your hook, bro. Just gotta think...you've got a good setup. You're just not being confident in yourself to build anything on it.

Are my words being wasted here?...

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
I don't even think that girls want to associate with me. Unless, of course, I'm giving them homework help.
Actually girls LOVE it when you associate with them Brian just have confidence seriously they love to talk just get your swag (style) up dress nicely show that you like to dress to impress and wear cologne you'll get alot of compliments off of that.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Yes, proudly display your Colon wrapped around your Waist.

Bassem is certainly NOT referring to Cologne. Dear heavens no.
Lmao. I woke up in a cold sweat this morning realizing that I had mispelled that. I knew somebody was going to say something about that xD

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
heh this is too good. anything going down today? else celebrate first week of school possibly by drinking

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I think 100% of people here agree with me about the contacts + shorter hair thing.

Also change all of your clothes. And get a tan dude.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
@Alex: Po will train for Melee--one more again...

FINALLY, MELEE HAS COME BACK TO... OKLAHOMA

@Bryan: Dawg, everyone's given you some pretty solid advice. Take it to heart along with these Pimpest Principles...

Confidence is key. It's like playing in a tournament; If you believe you can't win, then you won't. You have to not just believe, you have to KNOW you can win. If you don't have the confidence in yourself, how can you expect a woman to have any confidence in you?

Go work out, cut your hair, get some contacts, buy some trendy clothes, and once your braces come off, *****es will be swarming you like Arakune's bees. Also, start working on your game. Stop treating women as these holy, untouchable things. They're people, and you need to treat them as such.

Strike up some interesting conversation-- You say you help these chicas with their homework? Make some observations about your class; the professor's quirks, the weird kid in the back who looks like Pete Wentz's ******* offspring, etc... Be more than just 'homework guy'. Find some common ground to discuss, and half the battle is already won for you.

Make observations about her-- Without being creepy, or overly obsessive, make some remarks about her; the shirt she's wearing, her shoes(girls love when you mention their shoes), her perfume if she's wearing any... Make her the focus and work from there.

Catch the signals-- Women are sly creatures. Their come-ons are about as subtle as Chris's attack patterns; you won't know you're being hit on until your chance has already been 3-stocked if you don't pay attention. If she's talking to you about something other than homework, then you're already in. A slight tilt of the head, a gentle brush of the hair, women do these things around dudes they're comfortable with. If you say something she finds charming or sweet, and she gives you the sacred 'biting of her bottom lip,' then Congratulations, Son! We have dating material!

Watch her facial expressions; if she's smiling, intently hanging on your every word because you've followed Po's advice and are a king of anectodes, then go onto the asking her out portion of our program. If you've been smartly keeping her the main focus of the conversation, then you should already know what kind of activities she enjoys; ask her if you could join her sometime and see where you go from there.

That's all I have for you, but I think if you use that info I just gave you, you won't have any problems finding a girl who's right for you. If that still doesn't work, then a party and our dear old friend Mr. Alcohol works just as well... ;)

GET BIG ON THESE HOS, BRYAN! MARIO BIG!!

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Brandon just won the official who is a playa award.

How much do contacts usually cost because i'm thinking of getting some.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Contacts depend on if you got insurance or not, but it's like 110 year round otherwise. It's worth it though. I mean, 10 bucks a month to look fly?

Also, I'm showing up to the smashfest tonight.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
GMO and fatty! I need those ohsnap5 low tier results PLEASE!!!!!! Affinity needs his flash stick back please!

bassem6

Smash Lord
@Alex: Po will train for Melee--one more again...

FINALLY, MELEE HAS COME BACK TO... OKLAHOMA

@Bryan: Dawg, everyone's given you some pretty solid advice. Take it to heart along with these Pimpest Principles...

Confidence is key. It's like playing in a tournament; If you believe you can't win, then you won't. You have to not just believe, you have to KNOW you can win. If you don't have the confidence in yourself, how can you expect a woman to have any confidence in you?

Go work out, cut your hair, get some contacts, buy some trendy clothes, and once your braces come off, *****es will be swarming you like Arakune's bees. Also, start working on your game. Stop treating women as these holy, untouchable things. They're people, and you need to treat them as such.

Strike up some interesting conversation-- You say you help these chicas with their homework? Make some observations about your class; the professor's quirks, the weird kid in the back who looks like Pete Wentz's ******* offspring, etc... Be more than just 'homework guy'. Find some common ground to discuss, and half the battle is already won for you.

Make observations about her-- Without being creepy, or overly obsessive, make some remarks about her; the shirt she's wearing, her shoes(girls love when you mention their shoes), her perfume if she's wearing any... Make her the focus and work from there.

Catch the signals-- Women are sly creatures. Their come-ons are about as subtle as Chris's attack patterns; you won't know you're being hit on until your chance has already been 3-stocked if you don't pay attention. If she's talking to you about something other than homework, then you're already in. A slight tilt of the head, a gentle brush of the hair, women do these things around dudes they're comfortable with. If you say something she finds charming or sweet, and she gives you the sacred 'biting of her bottom lip,' then Congratulations, Son! We have dating material!

Watch her facial expressions; if she's smiling, intently hanging on your every word because you've followed Po's advice and are a king of anectodes, then go onto the asking her out portion of our program. If you've been smartly keeping her the main focus of the conversation, then you should already know what kind of activities she enjoys; ask her if you could join her sometime and see where you go from there.

That's all I have for you, but I think if you use that info I just gave you, you won't have any problems finding a girl who's right for you. If that still doesn't work, then a party and our dear old friend Mr. Alcohol works just as well... ;)

GET BIG ON THESE HOS, BRYAN! MARIO BIG!!
God brandon, you know your ****. Ya. I would say try and get the girl's number before you ask her out. Then you can send her texts and eventually flirty texts ;);)

Top Bottom