• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old Florida Thread: see www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70386

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Hey, Exarch, can you update my name? thanks

Just in case you don't see my sig, or are too lazy to look, this is formerly meleeguy.

BETA

Smash Ace
I have an update too... it's pretty big.

I, UltimateYoshi, have switched to BETA <EDIT> Sorry for being rude here.
Aroban Falco is now known as SmashMac. Dr. Mario is his secondary.
Pimp is now DaShizWiz.
Shun is now KeepSpeedN
Another Naples guy: Xero. He uses Samus.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Green_Mario said:
lol im still gonna call u melee guy ^_^
Thus admitting that I am better than you at smash??? Gwa ha ha

Please don't try to make sense of that, it doesn't work.

Man, it's been a while since I played you. Hmm. that needs to change. Too bad there are no tourneys on the radar down there. Don't even mention OS 2. I haven't heard of the actual tounrament yet. bleh

Fenrir makes more sense, though. In Norse mythology, Fenrir was a wolf-like monster who (to make a very long story not quite so long) kills Odin, the king of the gods. heh heh

SmAShLoGiCs

Smash Apprentice
bro.... that is halarious..... who gives a **** about intro to the higher lvl smash world...... what could u possibly mean byu that!!! LoL!! dude where is this place at what city u live in????

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Fenrir: gotcha, I did figure it out before you said something. I like the name, norse mythology is classy. A tourney in Lakeland would be Top Tier. Or Middle of the road everywhere.
BETA: where did you tell me you were Ultimate Yoshi? I didn't see it if you did, sorry. I gotcha now though.
Logics: did that make any sense at all? Or are you posting in the wrong thread? You should stop surfing smashboards drunk. ROFL

BETA

Smash Ace
exarch said:
BETA: where did you tell me you were Ultimate Yoshi? I didn't see it if you did, sorry. I gotcha now though.
My first post in this thread as UltimateYoshi, I told you I go by BETA.
UltimateYoshi said:
BETA (me) - Yoshi (Mario/Link/Falco alt)
Aroban Falco (Barry) - Falco
Shun - Shiek
Pimp - Luigi (Fox alt)

That's me, my friend, and his brothers, all Naples. About 45 min - 1 hour south of Fort Myers. I'm not sure who Aroban Falco and Shun use as alternates.
This text is here so it doesn't say my message is too short.

Mav

Furries For The Win
Yo guys, in case anyone is interested. XIF is holding weekly smashfests at his place. You guys should check it out. Feel free to PM XIF for more info like address and stuff. See you there hopefully.

exarch

doot doot doot
All right Beta, my fault. You confused me with putting your name as something different. (seeing as how most people don't even bother to write their name. That post sounds a little harsh, though (I don't think it was intended to be, but for future reference, careful(stupid caps lock online).) Anyways its all good now, i think.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Ey yo bahs guess who

If Queen/I were to hold a tourney sometime before winter break, could I expect you guys to come? Fort Myers, of course. SWFL.

Last FORT1 had around 25 people show up, and 16 enter. And you don't need to worry about any lame 1/1 at this tourney.

:smash:

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Well, depends on the day and what time it is; I'd like to know before hand. But if everything goes accordingly .... at your place right!? Heck Yes I'm coming, me and the whole squad of us. I might not compete considering I have a lot more training to do (got a new GC today for my room), but it'll be cool to just have friendly's. If you can, have FlowinWater come.

BETA

Smash Ace
The wholse squad of us? Yeah, hopefully Xero will come this time. I'd like to bring my mom too though, if we do come, so she can see what it's like, and convince her to let me hold a smashfest or so. Is Naples a good spot for smashfests?

exarch: Yeah, I think I was a bit rude, and I'm sorry. Please don't think of me as a jack***.

exarch

doot doot doot
Rock and Q: I was poor. If its 2/3 sets i'll enter this time def LMAO: also guys, I thought I had dibs on winter break? Well its better to space out tourneys and not have 4 in one month, or 2 in a week, so maybe mine wont go through, or someone's gonna have to change date. Looks at calender. I couldn't have it till after next year. And there's a possibility mine could be a two day tourney. Could you guys have one of those? If not I hold dibs on winter break. At least for a little longer. 2-3 weeks before I'll give it up.
BETA: no sweat dude. Its chill

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I will try my best to be at any actual tournament in FL. I'm carrying a pretty heavy load in school right now, but if I can at all, I will be at it.

SmashLogics: Were you making fun of me explaining what my name meant? Man, you need a life if that's the case.

BETA

Smash Ace
RockCrock said:
:laugh: Barry. Last time 25 people showed up, a little over 16 had the courage to enter. This time I want more to enter, be brave!
Dun worry... if he comes, I come, and I'm entering. Hopefully, so will Xero.

Hopefully our crew will actually win a few matches this time... we've all improved quite a bit since the smashfest :p

SmAShLoGiCs

Smash Apprentice
yea crock... as long as its established and u can give directions... u know ill show up with a few friends.... well let us know whats up gee... it seems like ur getting so pretty good feedback on that idea.. P PINES SMAAAAAAAAASHHHH KRREEEEWWWWWWWWW !!

BETA

Smash Ace
BETA said:
I'd like to bring my mom too though, if we do come, so she can see what it's like, and convince her to let me hold a smashfest or so. Is Naples a good spot for smashfests?
I need answers. If it's pointless, I'm not going to try and hold a smashfest or tourney.

Risu

Smash Apprentice
well i figured id add myself here.....names Risu, Naples with BETA, Smashmac, and them,(same school actually) and i use Marth with Y. Link as secondary. i really hope to come to a tourney with you all sometime soon...i wanna meet some of you and of course play some smash :laugh:

exarch

doot doot doot
Whoa risu, i didn't notice i hadn't put you on... gotcha now.
BETA: I don't think it matter where in FL you have it. You'll get people.

Also I've been talking to someone near Tampa; and he is thinking about having a tourney at a local video game store. (undeveloped idea as of yet.)
This videogame thing (like ZP or Nexus) is called "Lan Minez" and is in clearwater.
http://www.lanminez.com/
I was thinking that clearwater is like the middle of the smash west coast of FL, so we should be able to get many people there. Go to LM all you tampa area smashers, and lets get tampa competitive~~~

Agrate

Smash Apprentice
Tallahassee, FL During the school year. During summer I will be in Melbourne, FL. I play pretty much all characters.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
theres no one on smash finder, sooooo...is there anyone around tampa who wants to fight? my falcon is as good as isai but i use the c stick. i beat shortroundmcfly aka guiltysparx33 and need fresh meat. can team fort come to my house? i have sprite.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait is this kirbstir on the hub...since he told me he is soon moving to Florida???

Either way.....lmao at saying your falcon is as good as Isai's!!!

Anyways me and Rock may have a smashfest or tourney sometime this month or next so look out for the topic!!!

:colorful:

Voxenn

Smash Rookie
Hey Might as well add myself :-) Ft.Lauderdale, Sunrise, Voxenn, Jigglypuff C.Fal & Falco(summer) School year I'm in tally(anybody from FSU/FAMU don't be afraid to let me know what's going down)

Honors

Smash Journeyman
To: harriettheguy

I know someone who lives in Tampa. He is Lighted_Warrior or L_W. He can't go anywhere though since he have no transportation and he lives on campus(unless he asks one of his friends at the dorms for it). You could try to get in contact with him. Let me know and I'll let him know. He'll give you good training. I have no doubt, and anyone how has been on SSBM in FL in the early days do know it, so they can give you reassurance also. He has AIM also, if you have it also, I'll let him know.

To Exarch for Location on smash finder:

Summer

Fort Lauderdale; Miramar; Honors; Doc, Peach, Falco

School

Fort Lauderdale; Davie(NSU Main) or Miramar; Honors; Doc, Peach, Falco

To Exarch on Behalf of Lighted_Warrior

Summer

Fort Lauderdale; Miramar; Lighted_Warrior (L_W); Fox, Marth, Sheik, Link

School

Tampa; Tampa (at USF); Lighted_Warrior (L_W): Fox, Marth, Sheik, Link

For those who don't know:

NSU is Nova Southeastern University