• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni's Thread-I'm back and taking requests (somewhat)

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
a port of beyond sasuke v3 model over link could work
and maybe for the skeleton vertex could be a perfect choice...

SSJCerious

Smash Rookie
Alright, time too critique this as a balanced PSA. Critique powers, ACTIVATE!!!!!!!

Special Attacks:
Neutral Special: Chidori: What you've describe isnt really chidori at all. Chidori is a powerful electric attack that leaves the opponent falling to the floor, helplessly. Methinks 3% during charge, and full power would be 30%, with no knockback, simply leaves the opponent either falling over or stunned.
Side Special: Enton Fireball: Ehh, it works. For his reasting period, he should have some sort of animation where he grabs his eye (for added sexiness)
Up Special: Summoning Technique: Hawks: Beutiful idea, I have no suggestions for it.. Cannot wait to see this be done :)
Down Special: Yata Mirror:See above, lol. Again, I think the wait period should be him grabbing his eye.

Standard Attacks:
A+A+A Combo: While Sasuke mainly attacks with chidori, I dont think its a good idea to include it eveywhere. Chidori should be saved for the smashes. The first two hits should be simple punches, while the last hit should be chidori.
Upward-Tilt: See above for info regarding chidori. IDK what to do instead.
Forward-Tilt: Ehh, I know this moveset revolves arounf later sasuke but using susanoo for a tilt is a lil OP.
Downward-Tilt: See upward tilt.
Dash Attack: See downward tilt.

Aerials:
Imma start summin this up: Too much chidori. XD

Throws:
Flashy. Good Luck :)

Smashes:
See throws

Taunts:
No. Look, only ONE of his taunts should activate something, not ALL of em LOL

Final Smash
Ehh. Because this is based around susanoo, all his other moves makes this seem.....not flashy enough.
Overall, for what it is its OK, but it shouldnt be what it is. Get it?

SmashAttackx

Smash Cadet
He's kinda right... but ur psa still looks 10X better than his.. no offense ssj
EDIT
except for the taunts.. those are cool

SSJCerious

Smash Rookie
He's kinda right... but ur psa still looks 10X better than his.. no offense ssj
:glare:
Look kid, how does it look better if he has no progress? I honestly dont care either way, but you can't compare a work in progress to mere IDEAS, its stupid and childish. Adding no offense doesnt soften the blow either.

SmashAttackx

Smash Cadet
lol kay:
1st of all, calm down. I was mostly comparing his ideas to yours.
2nd, i've looked at his psa ideas/screenshots and your beta, and its evident that he's way more advanced in PSA and animating
3rd, your animations suck, even for a beta...
4th, I based my opinion off of his screenshots, which look better than yours.
5th, its funny how you call other people "childish" while you still play Super Smash Bros. Brawl on your Nintendo Wii... talk about hypocritism
6th, I added "no offense" to make it look like I didn't mean any harm, but i dont really care if it hurt your feelings
...yea, thats pretty much it

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Comparing Ideas is one thing, but the whole problem is this is an show n tell. the proof is in the pudding.

Until something is released for someone to try out his stuff then nothing can really be said.

Pictures can say a thousand words but being able to use it yourself is when the line will be drawn.

Its an beta what more do you want, have you ever beta tested anything before, in betas it all about seeing what works.

And calling an game and system that you may or may not have "childish" is "childish"

No one is pro at this, there are pro teams, pro PSAers, pro animators, pro coders. We each take n give a little to make smash more fun for all of us, no idea is worst then the other idea. it's all about what works and what doesnt.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Whoa guys hold it there the last thing we want is some kind of fight SmashAttackX I appreciate the support but we don't need to put others down. SSJ I'm sure you're very proud at your beta but if you do want some help animating I can help, I'm good at PSA, I'm ok at vertex hacking but I'd never accept requests or anything cuz I run into too many problems but one thing I have a ton of experience in is animating so hit me up if you want some redone animations on that beta!

In other news guys I'm still searching for that skeleton model I've sifted through close to 40 isos now and still not found anything :glare: but I'm still confident I'll find it eventually. On the other hand, I've began work on the beta and I've started Chidori, finished Enton Fireball and starting on some of his basic combo animations and I did add in the eye holding animation for effect SSJ ;) .
-Omni

PS: My animation experience is from Spore which I modded as a kid and I started out animating frame by frame no shortcuts and it was a pain but brawlbox is a piece of cake and I'm glad to say I've pretty much mastered it!

SmashAttackx

Smash Cadet
@KingClubber
First of all, its A beta, not an beta, A game, not an game, etc.
Second, I know its a beta, and i know a lot of betas have crappy animations, but SSJ's "PSA" isn't really a PSA imho. its more like a few added graphics and translated hitboxes. no offense SSJ :p
Also, I own SSBB and a Wii, but I still classify it as a children's game. There's nothing "childish" about admitting that the game is meant for children.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
lol kay:
1st of all, calm down. I was mostly comparing his ideas to yours.
2nd, i've looked at his psa ideas/screenshots and your beta, and its evident that he's way more advanced in PSA and animating
3rd, your animations suck, even for a beta...
4th, I based my opinion off of his screenshots, which look better than yours.
5th, its funny how you call other people "childish" while you still play Super Smash Bros. Brawl on your Nintendo Wii... talk about hypocritism
6th, I added "no offense" to make it look like I didn't mean any harm, but i dont really care if it hurt your feelings
...yea, thats pretty much it
I find it ironic how you say "calm down" then you proceed on hating the dude. Your comments all contradict each other. One moment you're like "sheesh, chill out" the next you're just laying down the disrespect (oh, and saying "no offense" doesn't nullify it, especially when there isn't any constructive output as far as feedback goes).

Now to the point, you can't create a truly valid opinion about PSAs or animations without PLAYING WITH THEM FIRST (or at least watching some videos and even then you can really only properly judge the animations). Fact. And how do I know? Because I've been doing PSA since around Spring 2010 so I know how the system works. Unless of course you have actually played as the thing, in that case your opinion is valid.

Finally, about the whole "childish" thing, there's a huge difference between doing activities that are so called "childish" and behaving and acting like a child. For example, there are plenty of mature and intelligent people that play Brawl, a game labelled apparently as being "childish". However, there are loads of immature whiny brats that play games like CoD and Halo (games apparently labelled as adult and hardcore). What you were doing was acting childish. You were talking him down without giving any sort of constructive feedback.

SSJCerious

Smash Rookie
@Omni
Welli, I'd rather us to combine our projects instead of you helping me out on mine. What's the point of having 2 PSAs of the same thing? I feel it'll end up really great!
@SmashAttackx
If you feel that way, then ok. But next time you express your opinion, please do it in a kinder, less annoying way :p
@SiLeNtDoOm
Well said my brotha-from-another-mother (dman havnt said that in forever), back-up is extremly appreciated.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Still Chidori it'll be an aerial dash and will not put you into a helpless state, my design for Chidori allows for it to be extremely versatile and to be used an attack or means of approach/recovery/dodging.
-Omni

SmashAttackx

Smash Cadet
so, kinda like .Fade's CON Naruto's aerial b?
And about the chidori: are you going to stick with graphic 81 or get something imported from another game?

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Um no its a dash not a stall-then-fall itll be similar to Zero's Side-B: Dash, except with an attack and faster but not rollover physics like once the dash stops Sasuke loses the speed gained from it.

I don't know probably a combination of current graphics perhaps I'll port one we'll see what happens.
-Omni

SmashAttackx

Smash Cadet
so he dashes with no vertical momentum loss?
If u can port a chidori graphic, that will look a lot better than any existing brawl graphics.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Ya but I can make it by combining the small electrical "crackle" and making it infinite for like a couple seconds with small "burst" electrical effects and it'll look great!
-Omni

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Alright everyone I've decided to give you guys a preview of what's been going on the last few weeks I've been working on Sasuke when I get spare time so I've been focusing on searching for skeleton models, sadly I haven't found the right one yet. However, I've been working on the specials and some full Susanoo and Chidori attacks, for the moment the Wii is having some technical problems so I can't get in game screenshots or continue testing attacks and PSA so here are some brawlbox screenshots I know you guys will love!!
Screenshots:

Blaze Release: Enton Fireball:

The Hawk Summon!!

Susanoo's partial and weapons:

Totsuka Sword:

Yata Mirror:

I will be updating soon with a beta of the specials as soon as my Wii gets back up and running which should only take a couple days so expect it soon!!!
-Omni

PS: please let me know if you find any skeleton models in any wii game!!!

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand you please rephrase/edit your statement are you talking about my first Sasuke project? that one was around 65% done this one is like 20% right now.
-Omni

SmashAttackx

Smash Cadet
At what "%" are you planning to have a beta ready and released?
BTW, awesome models, especially the hawk. Where'd u get that from?

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Um 40%? I said earlier this week that I'd try to just finish his specials and release that as a beta for testing and just to finally get a DL link up. To be honest idk I have a collection of mdl0 files that I take from games that I think i might want and it just happened to be in there but it was funny looking to start out with I had to do alot of texture work. :( but it paid off! I'll try to get that beta out soon!!
-Omni

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Ok "custom sonic" you make no sense I cannot understand you, but this project is currently a work in progress.

In other news some of my external graphic effects are causing game freezes so the beta won't come out until that's fixed :( but in the meantime I'll be updating the OP with some new screenshots. Also I've been fooling around with making a Madara Uchiha on Zelda and Sheik it has just been a free time project though and there's no official moveset although that may be my next project AFTER Sasuke gets finished.

I've also asked another member who's got some models that I really don't want to go searching through a memory dump for but they will be sending me a possible skeleton model for Susanoo!!! So get pumped cause that makes the projects ETA way sooner than it seems to be!! I'm spending alot of time on these errors so you guys gota be patient. I'll update once I've got some eyecandy for you guys to drool over in anticipation of a beta release!
-Omni

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Depends so far I've 100% completed Enton Fireball, and a handful of tilts while I've started on the Summoning Technique: Hawks and Chidori. I haven't even touched Yata Mirror yet I'm running into some freezing problems with the hawk model :( but I'm sure I'll fix it and get on with it I'll even switch to a lower grade model if I have to.

Check OP for new Screenshots I've just added!! Ya there all about Enton Fireball but pretty much all I have to do to get that perfect is to edit the textures a little.
-Omni

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't do any good? I'm not going to use that model anyway so you'll have to wait for the new model.
-Omni

SmashAttackx

Smash Cadet
The model & texture for enton fireball look great!
I can't really tell by just the picture, but it seems like there is no trail left behind by the fireball. If that's the case, it may look a little awkward/unrealistic to have a big firey circle floating across the platform. Maybe you could add a few fire graphics or even edit the model to make it look all flamey in the back?

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Thanks I'm working on that so far it'll just be black smoke and flaming ash but it will look really good. I finally got that hawk working pics are up on the OP and I'm redoing the animation and summoning him beneath Sasuke and the reason they're not off the ground is because even though I edtiitng the vertical momentum I forgot to take him off the ground and into the air so it looks funny... Anyway I've PM'd this forOhFor Error guy for a skeleton model I believe will work so I'm really pumped about how close I'm getting to releasing a specials beta!!!
-Omni

dnkaj

Smash Rookie
you're still gonna work on the susanno, and what is it gonna look like?

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Ya the skeletal version will be purplish enveloped in a couple flames, I'll also try and give it horns but we'll just have to see what happens. Susanoo's full version is Itachi's version because I really can't find anything I can make into Sasuke's Susanoo. Good news is that I have all of Susanoo's weapons but they're all in seperate models :urg: but I'm sure I'll find a way to assemble them or a work around. Once I get through the specials the rest of the PSA is relatively easy. So it should be quiet fast after the initial beta release to give you guys a feel for the specials. I'm just waiting on the skeleton model from FFCC My life as a King from a couple of possible users who could supply me with it.
-Omni

SmashAttackx

Smash Cadet
Wait... ur getting another susano'o model? I'm confused. How will u use both the skeletal and itachi's version of susano'o? I haven't really watched Naruto much, so I'm not familiar with all of this stuff.
EDIT
O, and im pretty sure that .mdx can't be used yet, but if it becomes possible, I have a couple models of Sasuke's susano'o; nothing skeletal though.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Well there's skeletal which is kinda like the framework for the complete Susanoo, so in my PSA it will act like this:
-Skeletal Susanoo=Faster and less powerful attacks than the complete with little to no self damage.
-Complete Susanoo=Slower but more powerful with little to medium self damage.

I've been trying to find a workaround for huge complete Susanoo model (221Kilobytes which is alot for just an mdl0) and I believe I've found it. So lucky for you guys I've been able to find workarounds or shortcuts for all my problems so its pretty much all downhill from here.
-Omni

SmashAttackx

Smash Cadet
Cool.
Also, is there going to be a critical damage awakening mode or something like that? Maybe Susano'o can be summoned and he stays on the battlefield, with Sasuke in the middle, all of Sasuke's movement can be slowed, and the moveset changes to sword swipes and arrow shots?
And imho, your chidori description should be altered a little. It's fine the way it is, but I think it would be a little more realistic if it was fast, had longer range (like 10 stage builder blocks), hardly any knockback, and tons of stun. It wouldn't be a typical Brawl styled move, as it wouldn't have knockback/KO ability, but it would fit the character a little more.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Ehh no I'm keeping Susanoo the way it is but I'll take the Chidori ideas into consideration.
-Omni

SmashAttackx

Smash Cadet
Would you mind updating this thread every once in a while to let everyone that's following it have an idea of your current progress? Like, every week or two?

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys, had more computer problems took awhile to fix, anyway I've been working on Sasuke but his specials are having a couple glitches which I'm going to fix before the beta release. Also I've expanded my Madara side project and it will soon have a thread of its own because I was idiotic and didn't reserve the first post in this thread. For future viewers/followers updates will be slower on Sasuke than on Madara due to the fact that Madara has everything ready (Except for hair I need someone to vertex Link Madara's hair) but that's a story for another time. Anyway, for Sasuke I'm still waiting on a skeleton model that's completely usable that and a Sasuke vertex over Link so followers, guests and overall supporters if you want this beta we gota bug those vertex hackers PM them all and beg for a Sasuke vertex, I would try and do it myself but my 3dsmax 8 is expired and my code isn't working so thats a no go. Until next time, keep checking up in this thread and keep an eye out for the Madara thread!
-Omni

Top Bottom