• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Origin of your User-Name

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Soundgardens Spoonman and a dinner table incident involving sporks, my aunt said they were forks, but I was having none of it. That's when it hit me.

Tag-wise, instead of 'SPRK' I use 'DOA', standing for Dead On Arrival. 'Cause I'm pretty ****.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I was Donkey Dong, but Scav started calling me Dodongo and awesomeness occurred. I'd also like to thank Hiemie for my outfit.

EDIT: Thx Mc9 too.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Favorite Pokemon type + Favorite sonic character (Yes, I know I was a moron in like third or fourth grade, when I made my GameFAQS account)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well I was looking for a name, yet I couldnt think of anything, I eventually gave up and started playing WWE day of reckoning, then I saw a move called 10 strikes, I started thinking, and I liked the name Strikes, Yet I wanted to make it more unique, so I took out the I, and the E, andput the Y where the I was, thats it :p

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
It all began when I was a Runescape fan. The usernames I thought of for the most part were taken when I began playing. So, I just figured I'd pick the most original screenname I could think of, Notfromearth (Note: I was 11 at the time) (Interesting fact: The only time I've used 'Greetings Earthlings' in conversation on Runescape, my friend typed it while I wasn't looking)

Because I had the world's worst memory at the time. Notfromearth became my screename for everything. When I started my blog (www.notfromearth7.blogspt.com check it out) I didn't want people hacking my accout so it became Notfromearth7

Notftomearth7 was actually the result of a typo. When I started here, my screen name was meant to be Notfromearth7. Because of this typo, it wouldn't let me log in because I kept typing Notfromearth7 and I was like "Why the **** can't I log in!!!!!:mad: :confused: "

Then I was like "Oh....notftomearth7!:chuckle: ....:( " and I logged in.
For the most part, my username is notfromearth7 but only here does the 't' replace the 'r'

The end

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
I was using the name "FoxMcCloud112" as my username to start, but I decided to change it. At the time, I was very much into zombies, and StarFox, and I wanted a name that expressed my interest in both. So I had "Zombie" for my zombie side, and I wanted something to express StarFox. At first I thought of using "Fox" for "ZombieFox", but I felt that many people had already used that name. I decided to go with "McCloud" instead. "ZombieMcCloud". I wanted a number in there, and the year was 2004... So, "ZombieMcCloud2004". I eventually came across a site which wouldn't allow a 17 character username and needed to cut it out down... So.... "ZM2004". Eventually, my love for StarFox died down, and I decided to change the "McCloud" part to "Man." "ZombieMan2004". Some time after that I decided to simply use "ZM2004". I'm thinking of changing that again to something like "ZombieMan04" or "TheZombieMan" or something with the word "Corpse" in it.

Until I do change it, I will still be using "ZM2004", but I would prefer people to say it as twenty-o-four. Two thousand four sounds too much like a car model.

That's my story for the time being... I'm looking to change the name.

Skywalker

Space Jump
But then I wouldn't be Eeyore :(
Your voicemail in SmashCast 3 surprised me. Before hearing it, I pronounced your name "OR-ling-ass" when it is actually (I think) "or-LING-es". Of course, I never meant anything by the last syllable. :)

Riciardos: The McFox Ranger roster is full.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Your voicemail in SmashCast 3 surprised me. Before hearing it, I pronounced your name "OR-ling-ass" when it is actually (I think) "or-LING-es". Of course, I never meant anything by the last syllable. :)

Riciardos: The McFox Ranger roster is full.
http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/movieb/forth.mp3

My name is after the "Forth"

And you should be **** happy i found that, I had to wade through every topic I've ever posted in the Broom to find it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Xsyven is definitely pronounced "x-seven"

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Ditto, Xsy. Which I pronounce as "Zy," by the by.

Contrary to what some believe, I did not name myself after the famous Bazooka Lucca. My name comes from my beloved Rainhawk from Dragon Warrior Monsters. I choose a random name, and it came out as Zook.

Originally, my name was going to be '1,000 Pies,' but I thought Zook would be more unusual. But alas....

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Xsyven is definitely pronounced "x-seven"
Where do people get the seven? I even let people get away with Syven. The X is silent.

And Eor, you should just change your name to Eeyore. No one even likes the Lingas part of your name anyway.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
From a combination of Hyperactive(Hyper) and Captain Falcon(Falcon), thus, becoming HyperFalcon. Plain, simple, and to the point.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i used have a huge fancy of creating my own dbz-rip off anime-esque stories. The character names weren't too clever (Drakagon, for example. WOW! can u see the word dragon in it!lolz) back in 7th grade, but they improved throughout the years to Kasoyun, Tasune, etc.

Eventually i made newer and better characters for a more complex RPGgame/story w/ character humor including Fo(a ninja hamster) Phabot(a droid), Ghasto(alien), etc, Tias(the main character)...and his unloyal comrad (comparable to Vegeta): Cyphus.

I was trying to come up w/ something conflicting w/ time (Cy..ber?)= futuristic, and "phus" tends to be the ending of many ancient sounding names (Recipherus?)
I think what actually happened was i combined Cyfer(the traiter of the matrix) and Recipherus(the retired, pre-Ken, best smasher in the US) and combined them in my subconcious.
I really like the name though. Some people have compared it to Syphilis, but otherwise...i still stand by it respectfully.

X-PAC

Smash Cadet
Any of you teens and 20 somethings who grew up with the WWF know where mine came from ;) As for how it ended up as my Smash name, long story short, a friend of mine had been "bringing back 'Suck It'" (as he put it) a year or so back. It was right at this time I started playing Smash, so I guess when I saw the 4 letter limit for the names, the idea just kinda popped into my head. And thus a legend was born.
Not nearly so clever as some, but nostalgic nonetheless!

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
I'm not the most creative person, if you couldn't tell. When the game "Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars" came out for the SNES, there was an item called a "Kerokerocola", and for whatever reason I decided to name myself after an item. Both "Kero"s were too long for me to type, so I took out one. So for 4 letters, I go around as "Kero", which I am known by, and everyone, no matter what I may change my username to, will still be Kero...but I'm getting bored of my username. I'm too uncreative to think of anything else, though...so I still use this one. It's not bad, either, though.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Good thing I got that freebie, because you'll probably never get a creative username from this ol' brain of mine. A lot of people seem to know my username origin, so it saves me a lot of time sometimes. I guess being uncreative can help sometimes, right?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I am now forever Eeyore

I might switch my name to that

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Wow, that guy absolutely massacred the good name of Kerokerocola o_o

Anyway, I picked my name because when I started out I mained Game & Watch, and I was also into computers. G&W is old, laggy, kinda slow, so I went with 56K as a pun. Also, my style used to be extremely defensive, and I was also a slow player and lacked tech skill. But now I'm extremely fast, aggressive with lots of tech skill, and I main Ice Climbers. LOLOL

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
In 2001 when I joined, I was going through this OMGCLASSICALMUSIC<3DISNEY phase and I couldn't think of a username, so I just put Fantasia. This username totally sucks, I don't use it anywhere else. People tend to thin I'm a chick.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I use Seikend or Seiken because I am completely addicted to Secret of Mana. The game in Japan is called "Seiken Densetsu". I think Seiken means something along the lines of "holy sword". Anyway, I thought it would make a good name so I used that. I don't have a clue what the extra D is about though...

shoe

Smash Ace
After a long story containing a considerable amount of alcohol, sleeping outside a club and the losing of shoes during the process gave me the nickname 'sjoon' around here. It's dialect for shoe. That combined with all of the dutch kids I saw signing up to forums with extremely 'cool' english names and dbz references etc. I decided to make one a bit less 'cool' of my own.

edit: The left-out capital is not a mistake

JFox

Smash Hero
My name is Jason, nickname Jay. I will often shorten Jay down to simply "J". And I good looking, like a fox.

nope.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
My name originally was "Mr. Game n' Watch". I also owned the original "Mr. Game & Watch" name.... but I forgot the password. Eventually my name was changed to "Hiemie", my nickname given because of my IM username, and a character I made. It temporarily went to "Grimie"... for awesome reasons, then back to "Hiemie."

My name color is black for magic reasons. Some rumors say it's because of my distaste in the white man. Cursed Chalk Skinned Devils.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
In relation to Xsyven, I've always pronounced it "Chiv-en" because I assume for the most part X's in that position go 'Ch', darn those spaniards cursing my pronunciation with their Xavi's and .. I can't think of any other example. But that is where my pronunciation of the name comes from.

Sandy

Smash Champion
The leader (later ex-leader) of the street gang called the Sharks on EarthBound. A misguided youth, Frank is adept with a switchblade(I'm not), and only after being bested by Ness, changes his ways and starts working at the local fast-food shop.

Basically my name comes from a boss on EarthBound.

Ronike

Smash Ace
When I was in sixth grade, we had to write a story. Being school obsessed as I was then, I of course decided I needed an original story with original characters. Stupid young me :). Anyways, to create the names of the characters, I combined the names of my favorite characters and altered it slightly. I use my 4 or 5 favorite ones when I play video games now, and I got them like this:

Ronike (row-nigh-k)=Ronic=sonic+robotnik
Strouth=Stroth= Cloud STRIFE+ Sephiroth
Shales= Shals=Shadow+Tails
Sorku=Sora+Riku

And then a few years back, I found I could make Ronike from the letters in my name, so I decided to use what was left to give him a middle and last name:

Ronike Nohj (pronounced either No or Noh, depending on what I feel like on a given day) Tapcast

Best thing about it is, its unique enough that I can use it on most sites without having to add numbers or anything. I think names just look weird with numbers on the end.

Top Bottom