• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Origin of your User-Name

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, it all started about seven years ago. Back when Nintendo had their chat room, I eventually settled on the name Kumamon since I was a Digimon fan at the time. A few years later, I joined NSIDER, and by accident, I had my old screen name kept.

Later on, I joined the G4 forums and shortened it to Kuma. Later on, I made a Youtube account and tried Kuma as a screen name, but that was taken. I don't remember the exact reasoning, but I decided to go with KumaOso16. Oso is Spanish for Bear just like what Kuma is Japanese for. The 16 was for how old I was at the time. Oso was added to reflect my Mexican heritage.

After words, I've kept it to KumaOso so it's timeless and less generic sounding. The only other name I've used since is Kumatora for AMV.org and Starmen.net since I like Kumatora.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
My friends pranked me by getting me a bunch of spoons at lunch, so I'd always walk into my third period with a bunch of spoons and kinda became the spoon guy when I attached one to my ID.

They're very easy to collect and easy to make "my thing".. XD

Blizzard Flames

Smash Cadet
I made my user-name on March 8, 2008, 8 days before my 13th Birthday, for my YouTube account. Its actually "blizzardflames" but when i joined SmashBoards I entered it differently. My reasons for choosing my user-names is that i was born on March 16, which is in Winter. I have always like the cold. I always found it hard to choose between which i thought was better: snow or fire? So I ended up using the two to make my user-name. Also, I'm either apathetic and emotionless(cold=blizzard) and hyped up for no reason sometimes(hyped up=flames). Ever since then I've been using this name everywhere I go. Shame is that I closed my old Yahoo email address, which was blizzardflames, and I guess someone else took it. Then someone else also took blizzardflames for their HotMail email address, so i hade to make a Live.com one, which I don't like because HotMail sounds so much cooler. Then I found out that someone a.k.a a name waster used it as their AIM, which generally upsets me even to this day. Other then that, I love my user-name and this is why I chose it.

Ratheronfire

Smash Rookie
My username comes from Peasant's Quest on Homestar Runner.com. In the game, you play as a peasant named Rather Dashing and have to become on fire at a certain point. Thus, you become Rather on Fire.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Before I even knew what Brawl was, me and my friends would often have nicknames for each of an elemental power we wanted and was planning to write a story with all of us in it. There's Volt (electricity), Ocean (water), Void (darkness), Blaze (fire), Hail (ice), Sky (wind), some female protagonist I forgot (earth), and Bionic (light).

With the exception of the female protagonist I forgot, everyone listed above is actually real and are my friends, and the creators of their own characters. We call each other Volt/Ocean/Blaze in real life too.

When I bought Brawl, I had no experience in 64 and less than an hour (I played it maybe in 2002?) in Melee. I was using no nametag but Volt was persistent in making sure he had a nametag in. Soon after I started using Bionic (or Bionc) as a tag in Brawl.

For awhile I was using an old username (bionickryak) with the last name a pen-name out of the story itself. I was a very long time Sonic fan, so when someone decided to ask me:

Person: Hey Bionic
Bionic: hi
Person: You main Sonic right?
Bionic: yes
Person: Haha that rhymes...Bionic using Sonic...

The name just stuck after that (Bionic Sonic)

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
I took it from Tales of Vesperia. In the English version, it's spelled as Elucifur and Elucifer in the game. Elucifur/Elucifer was an unseen character and I always liked using the names of unseen or minor characters, just so it wouldn't be obvious where I got it.
And I guess some of the forum gamers started to call me Luce.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
One time I was playing World of Warcraft, and I decided to roll a vending machine.

That vending machine was my first capped level. And my only. That game was boring after 70. =/

D

Deleted member

I came up with the name "Artemis" because she's the goddess of the moon, and I like the night a lot, and have never been able to sleep during the day. She is also the protector of animals (even though she's also the goddess of the hunt, lol) or something, and I like animals. Since "Artemis" was already taken, I decided to use my xat name.

Empress Sanaki

Smash Rookie
My username, if you did not know already, comes from a character from the game Fire Emblem. She is the Empress of the Begnion Empire and is one of my favourite characters. Her sharp speech and manners make her seem very intellectual and intimidating. She is a very interesting character in my eyes. And I do love magic casters, which is what Sanaki is.

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
I hate this username, I want it to be Nint3ndork, like it was meant to be. Nint3ndork is my name irl. AND Antonio is my nickname. Or is it the other way around?

BSP

Smash Legend
...i use mario and luigi. The strange part is, ive grown to like sonic a little more lol.

Top Bottom