• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Origin of your User-Name

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Old e-mail was matt.zab@website

Friend was e-mailing me, or something, and misspelled it as matt.zeb. His sister found it funny and the next time I was over she started to call me MattDotZeb.
His girlfriend started, then he did, then his friends, then a few of my friends. Became my nickname with some people, and I figured it'd be good enough to use as my smash tag.

My name is matt, and my last name begins with zab, not zeb like it would seem.

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
i got my name because Blarg is my fav word so i started to use it everywhere

(no i did not get this name from RvB or the cleaningproduct i thought of it MYSELF lol)

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
i like this thread,so many different stories.

Nocturnalist-it all started when my father kicked me out the house and my head wasn't quite straight.i was living at a friends apartment,on top of that my ex left me(at a bad time)i was robbed in the streets on top of all this.so yea my was F@^#%*.after that i couldn't sleep and i just walked around the streets of town at night.while i was walking i had this crazy dream about transforming into some beast(Super human)some Wolf of some sort.and im just getting away from it all.on top of that i love animals period.basically i was an insomniac for a couple months....things weren't going my way.i was 18 at the time.I still stick with the name till this day.(call this childish iif you want)Nocturnalist is just another side of me.atmospheric,deep,down to earth,understanding,powerful.

i still stay up nights and nights every now and then... heh

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My original Smash tag was Spin-Dash, with a very narrow minded reasoning for using it. It was only because Sonic the Hedgehog was in Brawl, and I thought I'd be using him and only him. There was no real personal value for it.

My new tag WAS going to be, simply put, Cloud. But seeing how every **** site takes that name and never uses them ever again, I thought about it, and it hit me. Tying in with my dream of becoming a Voice Actor, a lot of my work would probably come from Japan through anime and video games. Japan is an amazing place, and I was wrapped up in everything that the country offered me when I stayed there. I love the culture, I love the language (I've taken two years of it, technically three with two semesters of it back to back), I especially love the media/games that come from there.

My favorite video game is Final Fantasy VII, and my absolute favorite fictional character of all time is Cloud Strife. What better way to combine my own personal love affair for Japan, my favorite character whose hardships and managing to overcome them being an inspiration to me, and competitive gaming?

I don't care if some people in Alberta are all like, "lol cururandoru ***u desu" or call me a weaboo, or are like "go back to spindash you noob". :\ This has value to me; call me Brandon, call me Spin-Dash, call me Span-Dish, call me Spandex, or Kurando (Dynamism, you are my hero for that one. LMAO!), I don't care.

My GamerTag is Kuraudo . There's no important story behind it like some of you guys have, but...yeah. Something far better then Spin-Dash.

Silk

Smash Apprentice
I typically use my last name for most things, but on fourms (started with my GFAQs account Silk in '03) I go by Silk, and this is because silk is sexy and I despise names like "XDaRkSLaYeRX203921039812039"

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Chronodiver is from a manga called Psychobusters that im reading. Chronodiving is the psychic power of the main character.

And Lokii is one of my namesake OC's - one of the ones i draw to represent me.
(Loki is the Norse god of mischief)

L__

Smash Master

I think it's a bit self explanatory.

I wish I was a little more creative when it came to usernames.

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
Psychopathic: back when i was like 12, i thought it was cool to be crazy. this is what i thought was a synonym. i was wrong, but the username sticks.
Emus: i think emus are amazing

Healer

Smash Apprentice
Well Healer comes from my first names meaning, which is healer, now I like to be called "Q" which is the initial of my last name, and it was coined by my first period teacher last year cuz she thinks im smart like "Q" from 007 RIP Q.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Got my Mac IIvx
Got AOL
Registration began:

Succubus (my favorite monster from D&D) + Scorpio (my astrological sign) = Succupio which I didn't like so I changed it to Sucumbio and been that ever since.

Turns out Sucumbio is a real word too, in Spanish the preterite indicative tense of sucumbir -> to succumb. It's also a geographical location: Santa Rosa de Sucumbio, Sucumbios, Ecuador

BSP

Smash Legend
my user name is so stupid >) i was thinking, "i use the mario bros., so why not?" problem is, i usually go solo sonic.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
mine is pretty long.

it started out with ShadowBeta, a ID i used for an old but still existent game called Gunbound, which i assume some of you know. Then it became ShadowBeyda as i liked the look of "beyda" more than "beta". Then i realized its basically a noun with an adjective, so i cameup with many many adjectives that would ultimately be another "beyda", got to StrykerBeyda, which was still kinda cool. which i had for the shortest time ever. This was when I was 14? As I became more mature, long names weren't too pretty to me as much and number were in the trend, so gradually it got more and more summarized.
From StrykerBeyda, it went to DeStryke51 ("De" pronounced liek the way you do in french, not "dee", so it's like "the". 51, because I thought about Area 51). Went a bit more personalized; DeStryker17 (17 being the day of my birthday, which recently occured about 2 weeks ago.) During this time I was still playing Gunbound and had this name for a REALLY long time. then i got to liking short usernames consisting of one letter and 2 numbers, hence A17.
Andy, my name, 17, date of birth. but now im not liking nubmers so my avatar says AOS, which is nothing more than "A One Seven".

G U R U

Smash Lord
IDK why I picked this honestly. I was just trying to think up a cool smash name. My current smash name I've used for the last few years tho has been Guru.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Mine's long and stupid.

When I was really young, I would watch my brother play his NES, and he'd never let me play it. I'd get angry but he'd say that it was his and not mine so I couldn't play. So one day while he was gone, I wanted to start my own file of Zelda II: Adventure of Link. I was young like I said and didn't really UNDERSTAND what I was doing on this old system of his, so instead of naming myself "Link" I messed up and named myself "Yink".

The End. Pretty bad isn't it?

justaway12

Smash Master
I actually like Yink better :)
It's cute.

My username is from an anime called Gintama, they were little bombs disgusied as toys.
I like the numbers 1 and 2, so it's justaway1-2.

I need a capital letter :(

Zip.

Smash Lord
mine was pretty random, although i was quick when taking care of things at a younger age and thought of that name, it was pretty random.i wanted to change my name or make a name that was FF related...but couldnt think of anything at the time and just named myself "Zip".(Yan sounds pretty good atm)

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Mine came from just my daydreaming of Mother 3, while scared S***less by Giygas
:laugh:

I remember when I first saw Giygas, I freaked out. Then the only scary part of MOTHER 3 for me was....some stuff I don't want to spoil and the music in the last battle. It sounds like **** music.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I use the tag Az on almost everything, besides Youtube, SWF and several other forums. (mostly because of the lack of letters)

Slox was just brought upon me. I initially wanted a three word tag but after going through random letters I felt that Slox was fine. I don't know exactly how to say it... sl-ox, I guess. The name works. I like simplicity but Az is almost completely opposite. Az seems pretty simple but it really goes back onto absolute zero which is the coldest something can get. I felt that at one point in time I was a cold-hearted ******* to a few people and it summed me up pretty well. I also just like...Az.

((:
♥az

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Mine's just weird. I had a username I didn't like (DrRobumnik) and I was trying to get think of another. I remember I once saw a huge bottle in drama with VODKA on it, and I saw an aerosol can of HAZE air freshener. Btw, I hate vodka! It tastes like medicine to me.

DUB

Smash Lord
Some of these are pretty funny. Mine is nothing real fascinating. The first letter in my name is W so...DUB it is.

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, I just try to be random. I am also in love with retro...but I am on the quest for a Gamecube, and once I get one, I will be named GamecubeHero!

starmatrix

Smash Cadet
Saw this name many years back in an old game called Continuum. Ever since then I thought this nickname was cool, I still think it is.

I was always Dynamism

That was the word I heard for the first time in an outofbody experience I had when I was 13. It's a long story but you can search the litteral meaning elsewhere if you want.

After a few OOS tournaments, I kept missing matches or NEARLY missing them because people would simply glance at the bracket and shout something that sounds like "Dan is missing" and assume I would interperet that as DIE NAH MIZ UM...
And a lot of people thought it was a pharmacutical drug saying it like Dynazium or something...

So I added 1 Frame infront, as smash is a game where every frame makes a difference. 1 frame could be the difference between winning and losing, that's why every movement made in the game HAS to be for a reason if you want to be the best. 1 frame is the speed of a shine. 1 frame is all I need...

Bamsey is since everyone calls me JAMESY BAMESY DYNIE RAWRY and things like that anyway cause it's suppper cuuuuuuuuuute <3333333
So I did Bamsey instead of Bamesy cause it's a freaking MINDGAME and it hides my other accounts from followers :p

FREAKIN MINDGAMES

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think this name has stuck with me since I was 13. Ryoko was a character I really liked from Tenchi Muyo! and "yaksa" is a transliteration of "yakuza." And here we are.

Dark_Kuro

Smash Rookie
Some people in the Smash fandom refer to Pit's black color scheme as "Kuro" Pit. Some even portray him as an entirely different person. I always use Kuro, so I made my name Dark_Kuro :3

Aibou

Smash Master
Aibou ("partner" in Japanese), is what Yami called Yugi in the Japanese Yugioh. I had always related the Yami and Yugi relationship to that of Zelda and Sheik. And since they are my mains, I decided on Aibou, since it describes them so well.

aish

Smash Journeyman
People started calling me aish or aishi instead of the full name in an mmo(full name being "I love you" in japanese) i play so I got pretty used being referred by that :D my name was never capitalized so I left as it so and dislike it when it does get capitalized D:

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
I wanted something original not with numbers and crap.

and i was playing runescape and I was making a melee main. (I don't play it anymore)

My user name in melee tho is !raw.

Mainly because my signature. Im war! backwards. Meaning im peaceful

Plus raw is cool just saying it out randomly hahahaha <(^.^<)

Mifune

Smash Cadet
I was watching Soul Eater when I made this account and I saw how awsome Mifune was and simply decided I had to use it as my username :laugh:

Top Bottom