• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overswarm's get everyone better really freaking fast project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Add utilt, and you've got all of them.

Although I don't know how easy utilt is to DI. With SDI, I guess you could. I know I've seen the second hit miss if the first hit lands on an airborne foe.
How could I miss utilt?? Thats one of my more used moves...

I'll edit it into the original

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Some attacks (usually U-tilt) are multi-hit attacks against fastfallers, but not against anyone else. I didn't include those because I tested all the attacks against slower fallers, i.e. Samus or Ness. I can test again with Falco, and add the different results.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
dk:
up a
and i think bair and down b
U-tilt and U-smash have too much knockback to juggle.
B-air is a single hit, extended leg.
Down-B also has too much knockback to hit more than once. Even at zero percent it knocks you above and away DK, enough to DI out of a second hit really easily.

Ban3

Smash Journeyman
is fighting for his friends at Sugar Land TEXAS
U-tilt and U-smash have too much knockback to juggle.
B-air is a single hit, extended leg.
Down-B also has too much knockback to hit more than once. Even at zero percent it knocks you above and away DK, enough to DI out of a second hit really easily.
im shure of u tilt, u used it to juggle..at low low percents. it was against falco and ganon
the rest i wasnt to sure about

kamekasu

Smash Ace
im shure of u tilt, u used it to juggle..at low low percents. it was against falco and ganon
the rest i wasnt to sure about
Both Falco and Ganon are in the top end of fast fallers.
Again, this is why I think there needs to be made a distinction between multi-hit against fastfallers and multi-hit against everyone else. I'll get working on that list ASAP.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
All I know of: (*=low %s will juggle)
MARIO:
AAA
dair
up-b
utilt*

LUIGI:
AAA
Dash attack
Utilt*
Nair*
Uair*
down b

PEACH:
AA
Dash attack
Dair
B
D-smash
Up-b

BOWSER:
AA
Dair
Dtilt*
Dair
Up-b
B
Down-b?
U-tilt*
D-smash

DK:
Utilt*
AA
Up-B
Dtilt

DIDDY:
AAA>
Dash attack
Utilt*
Dtilt*
Uair*
F-smash
U-smash

FOX:
AAA
Utilt*
Fair
Dair
Uair
Down-b?
Up-b

FALCO:
AAA
Dash attack>Usmash?*
Fair
B?
Utilt
Nair
Up-B
U,B throw?

WOLF:
AAA
Ftilt
Up-B
F-smash
U-smash

ZELDA:
A
Nair
B
D-tilt
D-smash
U-smash
F-smash

SHEIK:
AAA
B(charged)
F-tilt
>B
U-smash
F-smash
U-tilt

GANONDORF:
Nair
D-smash
Dair*

LINK:
AAA
Up-B(aerial)
Fair
Bair
Zair
U-smash
F-smash

TOON LINK:
AAA
F-smash
D-smash
Up-B
Nair
Bair*

KIRBY:
AAA
Up-B
>B(air)*
Fair
Dair
Dash attack
Utilt*

DEDEDE:
AAA
Ftilt
Utilt*
Up-B
Dair
Uair

YOSHI:
AA
F-tilt*
U-tilt*
Bair
Dair
Down-B?

WARIO:
AA
Dash>U-smash?
Dair
Nair
Up-B

SAMUS:
AA
U-smash
Up-B
Fair
Uair

ZERO-SUIT SAMUS:
AAA
U-tilt
D-smash?
U-smash
Up-B
>B
Fair
Dair

NESS :
AAA
Dtilt
>B
U-tilt*
Dash attack
Fair

LUCAS:
AAA
Utilt
D-tilt
Up-B
Dair
Nair

MARTH:
AA
D-tilt
>B
Nair

IKE:
AAA
Up-B

PIT:
AAA
AAA>
U-tilt
>B
Nair
Uair

ICE CLIMBERS: (Most attacks can be multi-hits when de-synched)
AA
U-tilt
B
>B
Down-B
Fair

R.O.B:
AA
D-tilt
U-tilt*
D-smash
Uair
Fair*
>B

MR.GAME AND WATCH:
A>
D-tilt
U-tilt*
B
down-b?
Nair
Bair
Uair
Dair

OLIMAR:
AA
U-tilt
D-tilt?
Uair
Nair

PIKACHU:
A>
U-tilt*
D-smash
Fair
Dair
Bair
Uair*
down-B?
Up-B

LUCARIO:
AAA
F-tilt
U-tilt*
D-tilt
Fair
Dair
Bair

SQUIRTLE:
AAA
D-tilt
Up-B
Dair

IVYSAUR:
AA>
D-tilt
F-tilt
Nair
Bair

CHARIZARD:
AAA
U-tilt*
B
Up-B
>B
Fair
Bair

JIGGLYPUFF:
AA
Bair*
Uair*
Dair
>B*

SNAKE :
AAA
F-tilt
U-smash
Dash attack>U-smash?
Nair
Dair

SONIC:
AAA
U-tilt
F-tilt
U-smash
>B
Down-B
Fair
Dair
Uair

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Mr Victory, it would do your post well if you put some spaces in between the characters, cause right now it looks like one really long mess.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
this is too good. help us help ourselves. we all become better smashers. ggs. im going to practice this DI outa multi hit attacks lol smash di = control and c stick away from the hitbox right?

so does MK become a little less top tier?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Overswarm, do you plan on editing the OP to show all multihit moves known?

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
DK and Kirby's Nairs are only single hit.

Good project Overswarm, lemme know if you need any help. Swoops and I can test some stuff.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
I didn't see if this was posted yet, but technically we can add side-B to DDD.

Waddle-Doo's (I think that's the name of the orange one?) electric attack functions as a multi-hit, I believe.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Well I am going to say that Toon Links down smash shouldnt be counted, because last I remember, if you smash DI out of it, you die unless you hit a wall, or at least get sent flying REALLY freaking far.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
ICE CLIMBERS: (Most attacks can be multi-hits when de-synched)
AA
U-tilt
B
>B
Down-B
Fair
Actually all of the Ice Climbers attacks (except Belay which is Up B) are multi-hit even when when synced because they hit with both climbers. This means that when both Popo and Nana are present, every one of their attacks will hit at least twice.

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
This thread is pure awesome. By smash DI do you mean pressing the C stick or the control stick? i do this with the control stick when i get caught in pikachu's downsmash.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well I am going to say that Toon Links down smash shouldnt be counted, because last I remember, if you smash DI out of it, you die unless you hit a wall, or at least get sent flying REALLY freaking far.
the first hit has set knockback... it's just really freking far.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Smash DI is when you DI when you're still in hitlag frames, i.e. when you've just been hit and cannot move or anything. This is a very short period of time, only a few frames. While you're not normally able to move, Smash DIing can help you move out of combos, place you into a situation to tech (like a ledge tech), or greatly decrease knockback.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If someone really wants to help out they can make a video explaining the difference between normal DI and Smash DI... or get Phanna or Magus to do it :p

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Ok now I'm a bit confused too.

Smash DI, as well as what kamek said, can also help you survive attacks which would otherwise have killed you right?
Like this:
SMASH DI?

But then what is this:
Skip to about 2:15

That's just teching right? Cause I know it's possible, I've done it, to SmashDI into a tech, so that vid is just an application of both, right?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Ok now I'm a bit confused too.

Smash DI, as well as what kamek said, can also help you survive attacks which would otherwise have killed you right?
Like this:
SMASH DI?

But then what is this:
Skip to about 2:15

That's just teching right? Cause I know it's possible, I've done it, to SmashDI into a tech, so that vid is just an application of both, right?
both links are to Ken's DI, but from the sound of it, yes, it's the application of both

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Part of what Ken is doing is what is known as "quarter-circle DI" which is basically inputting a bunch of Smash DIs in one hit. You need really fast fingers. This drastically decreases knockback.

He's also applying ASDI, Automatic Smash DI, which is DI the game registers on the last frame of hitlag. It's "automatic" because you don't have to hit the control stick or anything, basically the direction you're holding on the last frame of hitlag will register.

metaknightp0wns

Smash Apprentice
Part of what Ken is doing is what is known as "quarter-circle DI" which is basically inputting a bunch of Smash DIs in one hit. You need really fast fingers. This drastically decreases knockback.

He's also applying ASDI, Automatic Smash DI, which is DI the game registers on the last frame of hitlag. It's "automatic" because you don't have to hit the control stick or anything, basically the direction you're holding on the last frame of hitlag will register.
but why is it called ken di?

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Overswarm.com is a secret? What about NSCS?

EDIT: Never mind, you meant the video. I guess it's a good resource to see how you're supposed to SDI out of specific moves.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QIm00tNHZlg

Hers the video i mean to post skip to around 2:16?
I am more than aware that, that is teching but DI was input to tech to the wall? right?

****EDIT****
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HdUeaC7M3oo

I realize that this is a TAS video but forward to 2:35. At first glance it looks like a tech.

But then forward to about 3:50 and you will see what happens in slow motion, mario moves in a zigzag pattern up and down, basically thats the jist right, nothing to this extreme, but essentially that's what it is right?

kamekasu

Smash Ace
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QIm00tNHZlg

Hers the video i mean to post skip to around 2:16?
I am more than aware that, that is teching but DI was input to tech to the wall? right?
That is called a ledge tech. You have to SDI into the ledge and wall tech. This is tricky because inputting the button for the tech during hitlag will prevent you from teching. This is why you can just ASDI (waiting for the last frame of hitlag) and then wall tech at low percents. At high percentages this simply doesn't work. Because you only have 20 frames to tech, if you hit L first and then SDI the hitlag will transfer into the tech.

EDIT: Yes, that Perfect Control video is an example of inputting multiple Smash DIs. It would never be that extreme in a real match because nobody is fast enough to input the directions on the control stick that quickly.

Magus420

Smash Master
None of those involved SDI. They were just regular DI by holding perpendicular in most cases. On the Link d-air one he didn't DI at all and it was just the normal trajectory of the d-air, lol. SDI doesn't decrease knockback either (neither does regular DI since it only changes the angle you get launched at). It only moves you slightly and you'd only really live maybe an extra 1% longer by SDIing the KOing hit. You want to SDI previous hits to avoid getting hit by the KO hit altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom