• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ozzfest Thread - Sugar Land, TX - (Brawl)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ozz, you still owe me for $5 for gas money, so just put that money as my entry fee, yeah? I'll still bring the $2 for venue unless you can find it in your heart to waive the fee for me, lol. :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Ozz, you still owe me for $5 for gas money, so just put that money as my entry fee, yeah? I'll still bring the $2 for venue unless you can find it in your heart to waive the fee for me, lol. :)
Perfect. (i need the 2$ venue fee though, :p) although if u absolutely cannot whip out 2 dollars then i guess ill waive it. but if u can, please bring it.

also, people should bring setups.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I can bring my laptop and stream Cot4 on it too, so people don't have to crowd into one room to watch it. Hype hype hype. :)

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Why push it? Ozz and RT. Be signed on early for the CoT4 live stream cause you know it takes forever to get on when one billion people is on <___<

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ozz will need to configure his wireless on my lappy top in order to connect to his Internetz, unless he doesn't have a secure network. I'll probably just set my lappy in the patio area since that will be a major hub for traffic in the house. Now I really wish I had money for recording equipment. Let me win so I can buy some. ;)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I pushed it to 4pm cause then Furbs can come and maybe it'll work out with other peoples schedule. Also, i have a secure network but the password is my phone number lol, so i'll just give it to you when you need it.

Edit: I want Roy to come!!!!!!!!

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
lol thanks for waiting, but if you guys want to start the tournament earlier by all means go ahead! I'll be there by 4 hopefully earlier so maybe you could start the bracket and seed me at the bottom. I'll also bring a full setup

****ing rehearsals, being an actor sucks :(

also razer i got a present for you!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*expects another book from Furbs*

Roy said he might go. If he does, then the whole place will smell like fish. EPIC. :)

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
hey ozz u can take me off the list and give my spot to somebody else i wont be able to make it since ya'll are starting so late

or i could make it but i got somethin else goin on in the evening

sorry :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He has work that day, so he should be nearby. It's really up to him though, lol. He probably wouldn't be able to enter the tourney. I dunno, I told him about it, and he told me he'll see what he can do. :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
BIG UPDATE. check the original post.

i NEED people to bring setups and POWER CABLES/SURGE PROTECTORS.

kown

Smash Lord
i dont mind paying buttt...we should really think about making these free!!!!!!!!! the incentive should be too win just because you can. This not only makes houston a more competitive scene but it will attract more ppl to attend.... If im dishing out 20 dollars per week than i can only imagine how much this could be affecting someone else. We should really only spend money for HOBOs since these are the real deal.

Esca

Smash Champion
Yeah, ozz. I dunno about that late dude, I dont think me and cy will make it at 4.

That runs it too late.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
making it free? u have to think abt the people who wana win...gnes razer flip etc... get their approval and ill make it free. still gota buy a drink tho.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I think everyone wants to win ozz. But I disagree on the free thing, the pressure of loosing money is part of the game.

I iHAX I

Smash Rookie
No offense to anyone but this is really cheap if you cant affford 5$ for a tourny then iono what to say. I mean you can literally ask for change from random ppl for a few hours and maybe come up with 3-5 dollars and if you have a job then there should be no problem. i agree that money shouldnt be the reason to win but hey if your good at something why not get some green out of it...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, since it is being held at the Drink Station, you can show up just to play friendlies and whatnot. But if there is a tournament match and a TV is needed, you WILL be kicked off.

And people usually do monthlies and bi-weeklies for money in between tournaments. It's to keep your game up, because some people don't play seriously unless it's for money. :)

kown

Smash Lord
completely missed the point..these small local tournaments should be held to get houston better. sure you can make some green out of it..but theres no point because that shouldnt be the goal of LOCAL tournies. it really should be to get the city as a whole better. I mean theres one big tournament a month and that should be where our money goes and ppl play to win, become fmaous, and what not. but as far as local tournies go it should be just to get better and improve/ try new things out for the HOBO's. You dont have enuff time to try new things at a tournament since you will be playing to win. so you wont learn anything from the tournament besides the fact that you lost.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
completely missed the point..these small local tournaments should be held to get houston better. sure you can make some green out of it..but theres no point because that shouldnt be the goal of LOCAL tournies. it really should be to get the city as a whole better. I mean theres one big tournament a month and that should be where our money goes and ppl play to win, become fmaous, and what not. but as far as local tournies go it should be just to get better and improve/ try new things out for the HOBO's. You dont have enuff time to try new things at a tournament since you will be playing to win. so you wont learn anything from the tournament besides the fact that you lost.
Thats what smashfest are for...

kown

Smash Lord
so ozzfest = tournament??? no it = smashfest. as it is now theres a tournament like every week. there are no more smashfests.

tho i really dont mind paying. just seeing if i can play for free!!!

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I dont know if I make this, depends on alot of things lol. But i'll let you guys know probably this weekend.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
To those going to Ozzfest tomorrow........

• I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of this but I'm just gonna mention this just in case. This tournament is NOT at the Drink Station like last time, this is at my house, and will be from now on. - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217926
    http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5258
  • This is not inside my house, it's in the garage. When you get to the house, just look to the right and you'll a see a open garage.
  • I just got done fixing up my garage. There's 4 tables that can hold 2-3 setups each. That should be enough because I highly doubt we will get more than 10 setups. Xyro is providing power strips.
  • Depending on the turnout, the garage might get a little packed. If this truly becomes a problem, then we can move some setups/people into my house.
  • My basketball hoop is just outside my garage. I have one bball so feel free to shoot around or start a game if you get bored or something.
  • *Important->* Singles - 5$. Try to pay this with a 5$ dollar bill or 1$s. Unless you absolutely must pay in a 10 dollar bill or something....Same goes for the others. Venue - 2$, please pay this in 1$s. Doubles 4$ (per team), please pay this in ones as well.... this will make things super smooth and easy....
  • There will be one (or more) setups for melee playing at one point. hopefully before/after the tourney. Someone is gonna MM seth in melee :)
  • Don't be too loud when it gets dark (like idk, past 8pm?). I don't want my asian neighbors 3 stocking me.
  • Might as well have a live stream.... I'll post it in this thread if it happens.
  • We are going to Chili's afterwards.
  • Have fun, and make sure to get in as many friendlies as possible to maximize your tourney experience. If you have any problems just talk to me at the tourney. also, my number is 713-382-7595

Top Bottom