• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (OVA Is released and out subbed say what?)

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Love this anime and the ending made it soooo much better.
Gainax trolling otakus since 1984.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yo dont hate : )

it might be weird, but PSG was a hit, very funny with lots of action and sexyness

fkacyan

Smash Hero
yo dont hate : )

it might be weird, but PSG was a hit, very funny with lots of action and sexyness
Strike Witches was a hit. K-On! Season 2 was a hit. Many more shows that are / were terrible are hits.

P&Sw/G is terrible. If Gainax is wasting their money on a second season...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
can't win em all! i enjoyed both psg and k-on. i think they appeal to the masses' tastes as far as anime goes, and in this case i'm glad to be a part of that mass audience

WaveLength

Smash Apprentice
Strike Witches was a hit. K-On! Season 2 was a hit. Many more shows that are / were terrible are hits.

P&Sw/G is terrible. If Gainax is wasting their money on a second season...
ey man, one's trash is another man's treasure

Leave us with our subjective treasure peacefully.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
He's probably one of those "You don't need sex to sell" types.

Once great? Mind your manners. Maybe if you take the time to watch Mahoromatic, Abenobashi, and Kare Kano, you'd understand the great variety of TROLLNAX.

WaveLength

Smash Apprentice
Your subjective treasure is causing a once-great studio to produce trash!
I can see the following argument come to fruition:

You: "This series is terrible. Anyone who likes it has turrble taste."

I: "Why are you talking about? This series is entertaining!"

...you'll know how this will end

>Many more shows that are / were terrible are hits.

So, I guess Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ghost in Shell, Death Note, FLCL, and Samurai Champloo are stinkers due to their "hit" status? :trollface: That is a very hipster thing to say. You may want to reconsider your logic here.

Gainax will always be respected, due to their experimentation within the conventions of the Anime genre, amazing visuals, fantastic storylines, Gainax endings, and maintaining success whilst keeping their fans (well, most of the fans) pleased. Panty and Stocking achieves most of those reasons, so I can barely see how you label it as 'trash' without I understand that you fail to see the appeal to this show, that's fine. But why must you rain on our parade without rationalizing your dislike for this show?

Oh man, does anyone here read Japanese?

http://www.style.fm/as/02_topics/topics/top_110223a.shtml

:c

Thino

Smash Master
Thiocyanide is either trolling or doesn't know what having opinions is.

you can't call a show terrible and at the same time call it a hit then accusing Gainax to be wasting money.

wasting money on a second season? when the first one has been a hit? I dont see the logic behind studios not doing second season of a show when a minority consider it trash and a lot more ppl loved it or are studios suddenly NOT caring about money?

PS: PSG is awesome IMO

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Thino, Wavelength, you guys have no class.

Thiocyanide stated his opinion, in which he thinks this show sucks, which he is entitled to.

To force the words "a hipster thing to say" down his throat or to say him not knowing what an opinion is, is not only disrespectful, but childish. Given, I don't agree with him, but lets not degrade others for believing differently.

P.S. Learn to :troll: face. And it's coolface. :D : troll : <---Thar u go.

P.P.S. /a/ are trolls.

WaveLength

Smash Apprentice
Thino, Wavelength, you guys have no class.

Thiocyanide stated his opinion, in which he thinks this show sucks, which he is entitled to.

To force the words "a hipster thing to say" down his throat or to say him not knowing what an opinion is, is not only disrespectful, but childish. Given, I don't agree with him, but lets not degrade others for believing differently.

P.S. Learn to :troll: face. And it's coolface. :D : troll : <---Thar u go.

P.P.S. /a/ are trolls.
I apologize for coming off as...a tool. But, I never said his opinion was invalid or meant to imply it. Me no gusta bigotry :v

While I agree the hipster comment was unnecessary, I still stand by my opinion that his "if a show is hit" logic doesn't make much sense.

I only meant to intend to encourage Thiocyanide to at least rationalize i.e. give reasons why he dislikes this show, not to belittle him for having a different opinion. Furthermore, I wanted to have a nice conversation concerning our opinions.

p.s. stocking is a women of promiscuity :U

Thino

Smash Master
I have indeed no class , come at me bro

I wouldnt have bothered if he just stated that PSG sucks

thats okay everyone has shows they like and shows they dont like , but he went as far as calling joke any wish for this show to have a second season , as if , since he consider the show trash , other people were suddenly not allowed to seriously wish for a 2nd season for a show they like.

opinions do not work that way , you dislike PSG , you state it , we respect it and thats it , no need to belittle other people's opinions and wishes by calling them "joke", now that is what I would call disrespectful.

but I'm pretty sure he's a troll so it doesnt really matter :3

Top Bottom